Start by marking “Luke's Redemption (King Security #1)” as Want to Read:
Luke's Redemption (King Security #1)

Read Book

Luke's Redemption

(King Security #1)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Chased by her criminal kingpin father, Katya Dalca runs to New Orleans and straight into the arms of Luke Hunter. Sucked into the carnal world of the French Quarter, she succumbs to Luke’s potent sexuality. He not only steals her breath, he steals her heart and the only leverage she has against her father. She is left with no choice except to pick up the pieces and rebuild ...more
Published November 18th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Luke's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luke's Redemption

Deborah
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay...wow. My first thought on finishing was to stop and breathe.

I believe this is the author's first book and as such it's a good read and there's a lot here (too much really but more about that later) there's never a dull moment.

The first thing I noticed was the pacing was off but it's a first book that will come.

I struggled with both the main characters as well, I'm going to have to put a spoiler tag on my review which I don't really like to do (because I can never resist reading them) but I
Shari Kay
2.75/3 ✭

Note: spoiler tags are really spoilers for certain major plot pts. so beware.

I believe its the author's first venture and she did a pretty good job, I just ended up having issues with the actual story more so than the quality of writing.

Luke a.k.a Michael is working undercover. He needs to retrieve a flash drive from the daughter of a criminal (kind of a middle man for the mob) so he can get into their inner circle and get enough info. to put Katya's father, and the even bigger baddies
Dianne
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She is on the run from her father, because this is the 21st century and yet, she has become a bargaining chip in a wedding to bind two opposing mob kingpins. She left with little, but she did manage to take an invaluable flash drive that people are willing to kill to get. Will it make a good insurance policy or will it be a magnet for even more trouble, this time from the DEA and an undercover agent who has made her knees weak and her body crave his talents.

Katya isn’t the only one who has lost
Valerity (Val)
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Anni Fife's debut novel and a steamy start it is. I was ready for a change of pace to the non-fiction I've been reading and this was a good choice. Katya Dalca decides she wants no part of a forced marriage by her criminal father when she learns of his plans...and especially not to a Russian drug dealer's son that she especially dislikes. So she runs off to New Orleans with a flash drive of incriminating data about his business dealings as leverage for her future safety from his plans. T ...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Gemini

Luke’s Redemption is the first book by Anni Fife and it’s also the beginning of her series called King Security. I have to say that for her first book, Anni Fife as scored a homerun. This book was both full of erotic heat and intense action . The characters were multidimensional and relatable. More importantly, although it was a work of fiction, nothing about it seemed over the top.

Luke’s Redemption is the story of undercover DEA agent Luke Hunter and a criminal kingpin’s daug
JudyB
4.5 Stars for me. Finally a really good contemporary romance with believable characters and a host of hot alpha males. I really liked the slow build up and even the six year break in the relationship. I actually felt Luke and Katya's distress, regret and deep feelings of love. Yes, there were some inconsistencies in the book that made you stop and think but they didn't override the love story between the two main characters for me. There's drama galore with Katya being chased by the criminals an ...more
Bookschatter
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, gfp
Luke's Redemption is the first book in the King's Security series by debut author Anni Fife.

An engaging hot romantic suspense. I am looking forward to the second instalment, Gray's Promise.
Kelly
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the storyline of this book. The topics were good and the characters were believable. But I found it slow to build and most of the action was at the end.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Luke's Redemption is a sexy second chance romantic suspense. 6 years previous, Katya ran from her criminal father, Nicu. Luke was undercover with the DEA at the time, and Katya was his mark. He seduced her and stole the memory card from her that was her leverage over her father, the leverage she thought made him leave her alone when she ran from him. What Luke (as Michael) didn't know was that his seduction left Katya and him with a permanent consequence, a happy consequence. Now, 6 years later, ...more
Carmella Siciliano
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this e-book and am voluntarily leaving an honest opinion.

Luke is an agent and his latest assignment is to obtain an stolen flash drive from Katya, a kingpin's daughter.

Katya has run from her father after learning he agreed to a marriage between a business partner's son and Katya. She feels betrayed by her father and would never marry the man in question. When she left, she took a flash drive of her fathers, thinking it would offer her protection from her father if needed.

Wit
Jara Beaubien
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well Russians are portrayed as the mob now, so were the Italians and the Irish, I wonder. Well it does make it good reading, interesting and suspenseful and enough sex to keep you glued to the book.
So Katya is on the run from her Father the (Mob) never mind my thought on that, made me smile and giggle. she runs to New Orleans and right into the arms of Luke Hunter. And she falls for Luke , he steals her heart and the only thing she had that would help her keep leverage against her Father.
Underc
Spunky N Sassy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Katya just wants her father to leave her alone but they keep finding her. She retreats to New Orleans and that’s where Luke finds her. His assignment is to retrieve a flash drive but he never thought he would fall in love. She runs and he finds her but when he doesn’t show up in New York, her heart breaks. Can Luke get to her in time to save her? She has a lot of explaining to do but will he listen?
Excellent writing with a heart w
Julie Jackson
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing with a heart wrenching storyline. You won’t go wrong with this read. Absolutely
Lisa
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from Net Galley for an honest review. I enjoyed this suspenseful hit and run romance from a new author. Putting Katya and Luke together in this dangerous situation made for an exciting ride through the story shadowed by the mob and her kingpin father, as well as Luke's agency.. The plot and characters were well written and very thought out.
InD'tale Magazine
A contemporary steamy romance with a side of mystery, “Luke’s Redemption” has Alpha males in spades!

Read full review in the 2017 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Melissa Lawrence
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Luke's Redemption is a great read. There are so many loveable characters, I look forward to the release of the next book. My imagination was caught up in the storyline and my heart was invested in the Luke/Katya romance. The story delved into many areas of the character's thoughts and fears and the ending was quite the gripping finale!
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
The story line has amazing promise, as well as the characters, but the pace really needs to be addressed. I hope to read more from this author in the future!

FULL REVIEW: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Marianne Pearson
Good Read

Enjoyed the book from start to finish, romantic, hot passion, and tells a good story. Looking forward to the next book "Gray's Promise".
Tammy
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this fast-paced action packed read. Katya and Luke are both great characters with lots of chemistry and so much emotion. The story has plenty of drama and suspense and had me hooked from beginning to end. I really liked it.
ARLENE
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simply loved it!! This is one of the best romance books that I have read. Her characters are so real that by the end of the book you feel that you know them and wish you could go on being a part of their lives. Its exciting and Luke is simply amazing, sizzling and steamy as a great romance book should be.

I cannot wait to read her second book in the series......she is going to be one of my best authors to look out for.....love her
Liz Gavin
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tous
Equal parts of sexy action and just plain action

For starters, I just love dual/multiple POV stories so I had a blast with this book. I love getting inside the head of different characters in a story in a way that I can have a better picture of what’s going on. That’s always a plus! In Luke’s Redemption’s case, I thought it very creative how the author employs first person for Katya’s POV while third person for other characters’. Anni Fife does it skillfully and clearly so there’s not that horrib
Dawn West
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

When secrecy brings you together then rips you apart...

Katya wants out. Out of her father's grasp and away from his criminal empire. After hearing of his plans to marry her off to a man she despises, Katya has no choice but to flee. But on the way out, she takes a flash drive for insurance. Little does she know, but her father isn't the only one interested in the drive.

Luke is just doing his job. He's the
Nadine
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In November, I was one of the lucky bloggers to be part of the blurb blitz for Luke's Redemption and I was deeply touched when Anni reached out and asked me if I was keen on doing a review a short while later.

When a book looks and feels good, I never say not and again I am more than happy to say that once again I made the right decision because as a first book, Luke's Redemption was really good.

I read it in two sit-ins as I was interrupted by work, but frankly, it is really well written and it r
Carmen
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Anni Fife debut story with a surprising ending, and great characters . Luke’s Redemption is a wonderfully imaginative tale that blends action, romance, and modern day drama into a captivating story where Katya must keep on running from her mob father, from his partners in crime, from her sad past and from her present wounded heart.

Nobody is who they claim to be, a thing that complicates things and turns the book into a fast paced thriller/romance.

I was unsure at the beginning of Luke’s Re
Teresa
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Luke's Redemption is Anni Fife's first book and is also the first book in the King Security series. I have to say I was shocked and amazed at how well this book was written. I have read some books by seasoned writer's that have nothing on quality of this book. I really loved how well her characters were thought out. They were totally believable and well rounded. I loved how the book all though descriptive was not overly descriptive to the point of just taking up room on the page. I really enjoye ...more
Amy Shelton
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Finally! A story that reached itself deep into my mind and planted some pretty deep anchors. This book was a-freaking-mazing! This was a story that made putting the story down to live life, really hard. I didn’t want to stop reading it. The characters really make you fall in love with each of them for their own reasons. They are extremely well developed and will entice you deeper into the plot the more you read.
This isn’t a quick read
Terry
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Katya has led a sheltered life because of her over protective father, who is on the wrong side of the law. When Katya overhears her father making a deal with the drug lord for her to marry his son, she takes off and steals her fathers memory stick to use as insurance. Luke is a cop hot on her trail to retrieve the memory stick. The electricity between them is undeniable and they give into the feeling. The next day Luke makes her promise to meet him in one year and he will explain everything, and ...more
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
OVERALL - 4.5 / 5
Amount of sex - 3.5 / 5
How explicit - 3.5 / 5
Romance - 4.5 / 5
Luke’s Redemption is the first book in the King Security series by debut author Anni Fife. This is an enchanting novel filled with drama, suspense, angst, passion, and non-stop action! The main and secondary characters are all well-developed and I feel emotionally connected towards them all. Katya is a strong woman who is running from her past while falling for a man, Luke, she hardly knows. Unfortunately, he betrays
Margot Doherty
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whew! Honestly one of the sexiest books I have read. Okay, am reading. This book is like a really good thriller that surprises you on Sunday night TV: you start, next minute you are hooked and stay up way past your bedtime to see how it ends. And those steamy sex scenes... yes.
Lisabet Sarai
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Katya Dalca has known for years that her mob-connected father is a cold, controlling bastard. When she overhears his promise to marry her to a Russian gangster, that is the last straw. She runs away to New Orleans, taking a flash drive full of incriminating data as insurance.

Ex-Marine Luke Hunter has an assignment: get the memory stick from Katya and deliver it to his boss at King Security. His family history with drug abuse only reinforces his determination to succeed in this job. Luke doesn’t
Anni Fife is an exciting contemporary romance author who has already made her mark in the popular genre of Steamy Romantic Suspense. Her debut novel, LUKE’s Redemption, has been acclaimed by critics and readers and was a Finalist in the 2017 RONE Awards. Anni credits Kristen Ashley as her guiding inspiration and strives to make her characters equally as heart-wrenching and unforgettable. Anni is c ...more

King Security (2 books)
  • Gray's Promise (A King Security Novel Book 2)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)