Start by marking “Happily ​Ever After (Cinder & Ella #2)” as Want to Read:
Happily ​Ever After (Cinder & Ella #2)

Happily ​Ever After

(Cinder & Ella #2)

The end of one story is often the beginning of another. Hollywood heartthrob Brian Oliver and his Cinderella princess Ellamara Rodriguez have finally found love outside the digital world. But leaving their anonymity behind creates a whole new set of obstacles for the nation's new favorite sweethearts. With the stress of Brian's fame and the pressures of a new relationship ...more
Published April 11th 2017 by Bluefields

To ask other readers questions about Happily ​Ever After, please sign up.
Katlover Kelly has talked about writing books about secondary characters from this series. I think Brian and Ella would have cameo, but I do not think she has …moreKelly has talked about writing books about secondary characters from this series. I think Brian and Ella would have cameo, but I do not think she has any more stories for them as the main characters. :) She mentioned eventually having one for Scott.(less)

Start your review of Happily ​Ever After (Cinder & Ella #2)
Maggie ☘
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Cinder & Ella
“I can only imagine that the good moments are probably just as overwhelming for you as the bad.”
“More overwhelming,” I admitted. “I’m used to the bad ones. The good ones still take me by surprise.”

Cinder & Ella: Happily Ever After was pretty unnecessary yet adorable, fluffy little sequel which I would recommend for fans of the first instalment. Without doubt, this book wasn't at all as great as the first one, yet it was charming and made me laugh and smile and just enjoy its fluff. Cinder &
Muse-ic ♬
4.5
So after my first week of exams ended, I decided to treat myself and spent the last two days devouring this book.
Man, when was there ever a book by Kelly Oram that I didn't love??
Her books have a certain charm about them, and I am unashamed to admit that I am so addicted to her books!
They are my go-to books when I'm in a reading slump or just need some fluff to reset my brain!
And this book wasn't exactly fluff. It is the sequel to Cinder & Ella.
Ellamara Rodriguez gets into a car accident that
Cyndi
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second half of the Cinder & Ella story picks up and continues on with the ups and downs of our hero and heroine's life. We learn more about her father and how he justified abandoning his daughter, and we watch her deal with the fame of being the girlfriend of a star. Meanwhile she has to deal with everyone's drama while she tries to heal.
Throughout the whole story their love stays strong and doesn't waver for a second. This I love. What I don't love is the lakes of tears our heroine and he
WhatIReallyRead
I thought the second book was going to better than the first because the author was going to have to face reality... OF COURSE NOT.

In Cinder&Ella universe movie stars do absolutely nothing. They don't have to work, they don't have to travel. They just sit around all day texting their girlfriend. Oh, and also they bitch about how hard it is to be a celebrity, how they long to be a normal person. Because of course, people who don't want to be famous become famous.

In Cinder&Ella universe when you h
Grüffeline
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd read a million books where the hero kept the heroine in the dark in an attempt to shield her from bad things. Those heroes were idiots.

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL! *squeals*
The beginning wasn't what I expected after I was left so amazed by the first book. It just didn't me up in the same way. But that might have been due to the language change (I read the first one in German and I really have to complement the translator).
Ella and Cinder make quite the journey and they have their ups an
Pam Nelson
When I saw this book was on Audible and it was in the Audible Escape I about had a moment. Lol.

I was hooked from the first book the story of Cinder & Ella stole my heart. I had to relisten to the first book I loved it so much then and now.
This book was exactly what I needed when I finished the first book, it gave us all our favorite characters but also gave us closure. We get a little from the first book but I always felt like the story wasn’t done yet.

I loved that the characters our main and
Kathy
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
If I had a wish, then it would be...

Kelly Oram is one of my favorite writers. Her books make me laugh and cry and smile and swoon. This one was no exception. Happily Ever After a great books with a fabulous story line and awesome message.

I just wish it was a little cleaner. I know, I know... for a new adult title this is on the clean side but I don't read much new adult because I like my books clean. I like things left to the imagination instead of spelled out on the page. I like humor but not
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
As always, Kelly Oram books come as a mixed bag for me.

5 stars for the storyline, the characters who I have grown to love. Kelly does a magnificent job of giving me more than just a story. Her characters have depth and personality. There is struggle and empowerment. So good.

BUT. Ugh. This book isn't clean. I wish it were so I could easily recommend it to everyone. It's a personal preference to be sure. So, . . .

1 star for some of the extra content. Swearing (more than just a few times), sexual s
Daisy Delfin
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na, 2020, ya
Antonia
“You won’t even have time to miss me.” I tried to keep quiet. I tried to swallow the words wanting to tumble out of my mouth. I really, really tried. But I couldn’t do it. After he closed his door, I gestured for him to roll down his window, and then said, “I miss you already.” His chest shook with laughter as he turned on the car. “Now who’s the dork?” he called over the roar of the engine."

3.5 Stars

I liked this a bit more than the original book in this duology. The second book didn't really h
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
I can't believe it took me this long to read the sequel to Cinder & Ella, which is such a fun book that just brings me so many happy, fluffy feelings, and I had just a good a time here. There were many adorable moments and lots of great dialogue as you'd expect. And while there is some cringey moments, it didn't take too much from my enjoyment of the story. ...more
Amy
Ya know what is worse than third-wheeling with people in real life? Third-wheeling it with characters in a book.

But hey, I'm a sucker for the Green Bay Packers so of course I stayed up late finishing.

This is a sequel in almost every sense of the word. It depends entirely on the first book. It has no plot. It has no villain. And it spends 342 pages wrapping up all those pesky loose ends from the first book. Like…

Or how about...

Wait, was that character a famous Hollywood person named Harvey? * wh
Helen Power
May 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, romance
While this one isn't quite as good as the first, it's a must read if you loved the first one! It wraps up their story quite nicely.

Review coming soon.
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
5 Perfection Stars

Ahh...we all need a Brian in our lives. He was the absolute perfect boyfriend to Ella and will forever be in the top 5 Book boyfriends. Why? His understanding and unwavering love for Ella.

HEA picks up 1 week after Cinder & Ella. Both characters are adjusting to life together. Cinder a little easier than Ella as his life hasn't really changed that much. Ella's life though has been thrown into the blinder. Add that to the hatred that Ella's father displays of Brian and its quite
Veronika
AFTER REREAD:

I've been rereading this in the past week or so to see if I was overly critical when I first read it, and my conclusion is that I really wasn't. If anything, I probably liked it less this time, because the plotlessness of it hit me even harder. This was way too cheesy, dramatic and so darn over the top that it was impossible to read it without rolling my eyes.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I'm kind of disappointed, to be honest. It was okay, but nothing special. *sad face* The characters were s
Evie ✰
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-escaped, 2020
It held up
-This one was more about the mundane life of the characters so it wasn't as exciting or sad but it wasn't bad. I rarely give 5 stars and considering I did for the last one, you know I really liked it. In comparison, this book wasn't as good but it held up.

Overall, got a little boring at times (probably because it was a lot longer than the last one) but it was still pretty good! Just in a different way! :)
Hadya
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

Ohmygod.
That ending.
Oh.
God.
It was so perfect I'm crying.

Spoilers for Cinder and Ella

When I finished Cinder and Ella I was reluctant to pick up this book because it possibly can't live up to that book I loved so much, I thought it'd be ruined because we all know contemporary sequels rarely live up to their predecessors.
But this was so good? I didn't know I needed this until I read it, I was a bit conflicted over Cinder and Ella's ending because it didn't seem like things smoothed th
Oriares
~dnf.

I'm sorry. It's such a boring story, I really can't bring myself to finish it. I liked book 1 a lot but it should have remained a standalone :/
I'll forever treasure Cinder and Ella in my heart - but just the way they were in book no. 1.
GridGirl
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
“Brian calls you Super Scott behind your back. I had to talk him out of getting you your own personalized superhero costume for Christmas.”

As with the first book, I was surprised about how much I actually enjoyed this. For a Cinderella retelling it is quite innovative and has a lot of great messages! I also found that I wasn’t bored by, but rather invested in the story. I still can’t stand Ella’s dad and that won’t ever change. I think he’s just a horrible person and she’s given him way too man
Mehsi
I was really surprised, and delighted, that Cinder & Ella would be back again, in a new book! Of course I had to have it. I immediately pre-ordered it when I could, and then the wait began.

The book takes place after the events from the previous book, and throughout the book we see Ella struggle with her new fame, but also, later, embrace it and try to make the best of it. I loved how Ella at first had no clue how to handle all this, but then later grew more confident about it. With the help of n
Megan
I enjoyed this book, but there was something that just wasn't as magical about is as the first book. There was a lot of drama that seemed to be caused for no reason. I did love the scenes with Ella's twin stepsisters, those two are fun, as well as the scenes with Scott (I'd love to read a book about him). I loved the scene in the movie theater, with Ellie(view spoiler)

kookyquinn
So - the first book was full of so many emotions I had tears in my eyes through most of it but by the time I got to this one/the conclusion I was just grouchy. Seriously how many times can Ella let her "family" hurt her? Lots - that's how many. By the end of this story I was over it. There was really no romance between Cinder and Ella, they're "dating" but honestly they just felt like friends to me. Maybe it was the lack of sex? I don't really think so though. I've read several "clean" romances ...more
Jessica {Litnoob}
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok so true to form it seems I finished this in a couple of hours and I'm so happy for it! It was such a welcome edition to the story and it gave me all the angst and feelings I needed while still telling the story the original set out to. Not just about Brian and Ella but about her world, her family, her friends, it was all so perfectly done. But no means perfect for her as her life is far from easy, but just really awesome story telling.
Maria
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
again, why bother with the dual POV? other than that, i actually enjoy the book and it was very satisfying when the father and Ana were told what they deserve, they really had it coming and deserved every word! and actually, if you relly think about it, Ana isn't only the one to blame for the video mess, the ALL media frenzy is her fault, if she hadn't told the paparazzi when they were at the restaurant the situation would have been a lot more manageable!
Eyleen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The only reason I finished this book was that I didn't want to toss three books in a row.

I loved Cinder and Ella, but this book?! This book felt like "Oooh, let's see how we can make some more money from my successful book although I have nothing new to tell" :(

500 pages of the same two topics (Ella coming to terms with her body and her family). This sequel kind of makes me like the original book less.
Nitzan Schwarz
Jun 20, 2018 marked it as to-read-not-owned
HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS?!
Shannon
Happily Ever After
Cinder & Ella, Book 2

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

The Characters:

Ellamara Rodriguez:
Brian Oliver:
Juliette, Ana, Mr Coleman (Ella’s Dad), Vivian

The Story:

This book picks up a week after the first book ends. Now that Brian and Ella have found each other they have to learn to navigate the world of fame together with Ella being wildly unprepared. It’s super cute, very thoughtful and ends with the all important Happily
Andi
2 STARS

As much as I loved the first book of this duology, Happily Ever After didn't really captured my interest. I practically skimmed my way through after the 30% mark. It was actually going okay at the start but as I went on, I realized there's nothing really special going on to it.

It would have been great if Kelly Oram leave Brian and Ella's journey as it is in the first book. This sequel wasn't really necessary in my opinion. There's no plot and Ella's self-pity was just exhausting. The st
mandy ❤
Loved this even more than the first book! Brian and Ella are perfect together! It's so beautiful to see how unconditionally he loves her and vice versa. And I loved how they worked though all their issues together as a team. That's the way a relationship should be. I'm as proud of Ella as Brian is with the growth she went through in this story. A truly beautiful fairytale. Kelly Oram has done it again. Bravo!
Michael Hobson
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb sequel

I loved Cinder & Ella and was waiting with excitement for this sequel. I am glad to say I was not disappointed. The story follows on perfectly. The characters are as well written as always by Kelly. I love the way the characters grow during this book. The love between Brian and Ella is fully realized and shown with great writing.
As always Kelly has written a great, funny, heart warming story and I recommend it to all.

• Someone Else (Someone #2)
  • Burning Bridges (Fletcher University, #1)
  • Everything I didn't say
  • Dream Again (Again, #5)
  • Feeling Close to You (Was auch immer geschieht, #2)
  • Finding Back to Us (Was auch immer geschieht #1)
  • Sinking Ships (Fletcher University, #2)
  • New Promises (Green Valley Love #2)
  • Kiss Me Once
  • Truly (In Love #1)
  • New Beginnings (Green Valley Love, #1)
  • New Dreams (Green Valley Love #3)
  • Flying High (Hailee & Chase, #2)
  • Never Too Close (Never, #1)
  • Falling Fast (Hailee & Chase, #1)
  • Finde Mich. Jetzt. (Finde-mich-Reihe, #1)
  • Von Sternen gekrönt (One True Queen, #1)
  • Aus Schatten geschmiedet (One True Queen, #2)
Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.

Cinder & Ella (2 books)
  • Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1)

News & Interviews

“You won’t even have time to miss me.” I tried to keep quiet. I tried to swallow the words wanting to tumble out of my mouth. I really, really tried. But I couldn’t do it. After he closed his door, I gestured for him to roll down his window, and then said, “I miss you already.” His chest shook with laughter as he turned on the car. “Now who’s the dork?” he called over the roar of the engine. “Love you, woman. I’ll be back soon.” 4 likes
“You got me an engagement ring?” “Oh no,” I chirped, trying as hard as I could to keep my composure. “That’s for you to put on my finger.” When his eyes flashed back to mine, I waggled my eyebrows. “Guess you got me something after all.” His hand fell to his lap, ring all but forgotten as he stared at me with wide eyes. “Are you asking me to marry you?” I brushed off the question as if it was the silliest one he’d ever asked. “Heavens, no. That’s your job. I’m just dropping a subtle hint that I might be ready for you to do that. Whenever you’re ready, of course.” Once” 3 likes