Start by marking “A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)

A Walk Through Fire

(Through Hell and Back #1)

Years after running away from an abusive foster family, Asher Davis still struggles with the guilt of leaving his foster brothers behind. He’s climbed to unimaginable heights as a ruthless, high-powered attorney, creating a life of power and control and takes whatever and whomever he wants.

Blaming himself for the death of his parents, Dr. Drew Klein retreats into a shell o
Published November 8th 2016 by Felice Stevens (first published November 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Walk Through Fire, please sign up.
Felice Stevens The next book is Luke's story and is due to be released on
February 24th

Gigi
I was very, very excited for this one, considering author Felice Stevens' debut novel Rescued was one of my favorite reads this year. I did enjoy A Walk Through Fire, but not nearly as mush as I enjoyed Rescued.

A Walk Through Fire is the story of a lonely, recently divorced man name Dr. Drew Klein. He makes buckets of money as a plastic surgeon and has decided to open a free clinic to help young, abused teens find help when their parents and the foster system fails them. He feels this new projec
✦❋Arianna✦❋
3-3.5 STARS

Asher Davis is a successful lawyer. He has power, money and everything anyone dreams, but he is so unhappy. Abused for years physically and sexually by his foster father, who was supposed to care for him and to love him like any parent, Asher is damaged. After so many years, he is still struggles with his guilt of leaving his foster brother behind. He not only has anxiety attacks when he remembers his childhood, but he cuts himself because he thinks he needs to suffer. A lonely man, h
~Mindy Lynn~
$0.99 on Amazon 7/17/17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3.5*

This book was high in emotions and angst. There were events that took place in both MC lives that were heartbreaking. They both have issues they need to overcome from their past and both are quite lonely in life.

Drew lost his parents in a car accident and has been silently dealing with guilt from it considering they were visiting him after he expressed how lonely he was and how much he missed them. Drew has two really great
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Might contain spoilers* ⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I had high hopes for this one BUT no expectations as I've been having bad luck for so damn long. I am surprised at the potential the book had and I am a little disappointed with story. However it was still alright. Book one in ‘Through Hell and Back’ centers around ruthless and high-powered attorney Asher ‘Ash’ Davis (in his thirties?) and Dr. Drew ‘D’ Klein (in his thirties? 34? 36?).
“Asher, my son. Let go of your past. It’s the only way you can take
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

Feel the future, live it, and embrace who you are. Accept that you are needed, wanted, and loved.

What can I say about this book? There are a bunch of things that I can tick off on a list as to why this book shouldn't have worked for me....but you know what....it did! And the best way I can explain it is that something in the writing just had "it" for me. An addicting quality that drew me in easily.

I've read plenty of books that had all the right ingredients; endearing character
Chris
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
Oh lord that was intense. I devoured this book and read it from beginning to end. Did I like Ash and his smarmy attitude? Nope not really ....BUT it all made sense - the" I'll get you before you get me" vibe. Drew on the other hand was patient, warm and kind however he was a real pushover and needed to step up and be his own man. This was a real journey & discovery of life for these MCs and their family and friends and this honesty resonated with me. Yes there were moments of frustration and ...more
Debra
I really liked this book! There was a lot going on (and I don't want to spoil anything) and a lot of things that could have bothered me, but it all came together and worked for me.

Both men have issues, especially Asher. Past abuse and guilt over those that he left behind when he left the foster care system have caused him to shut down emotionally. Drew is getting divorced and is also consumed by guilt. When Ash gets involved with the clinic that Drew and his friends are starting to help abused
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★

2 STARS cuz.....I HAd ISSuEs WiTH ThIS BoOk

This love story was sweet. But....I had issues.....

My issues....

1. I really couldn't feel the chemistry at first meet. but, thank goodness they eventually connected with sweetness.

2. I was a little lost with due to some IMO missing info.

3. The writing style......hummmm, some parts of the story felt like present tense other parts not. This style did not work for me.

4. (view spoiler) which was so not
Marion
Apr 03, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf, read-in-2017
I'm calling this at 41%. DNF.
There are just too many things that are inconsistent. Plus, I still can't stand Ash.
No rating, but if I was, so far it's a two star read for me.
Gabriella (Gabi)
May 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
***The following review contains spoilers, proceed with caution.

It was like the author had a spreadsheet full with bullet points of what the MC's had to talk about, which is fine. Every author should have a plan. That's not the problem.
But between those talking points there wasn't any transition. Sometimes they jumped from topic to topic.
It felt forced and very fabricated to me.

There were so many time skips. Days/weeks/months missing. And not just that, but there were these little scenes, for e
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A very enjoyable MM romance that shows the outside persona often covers up a soft, maybe damaged, lovable inside.

Asher was abused as a child and after he escaped he wanted two things: success and to find his foster brothers who he had to leave behind. He doesn't believe in love or relationships -- until he meets Drew.

Drew is a sweetheart, a doctor, and apparently straight. But Drew is exactly what Asher needs - Drew and his grandmother, whom Asher falls in love with.

I read book three a while
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
What pain lurks under the surface…

A smiling face can hide so much as not everyone wears their pain where others can easily see. Emotions may come out in different ways – in actions and roads not taken. Even an a**hole may not be what he seems.

Asher Davis and Drew Klein are both professional and sexy, successful and confident. On the surface they are very different (please see a**hole comment earlier) yet little do they realize they also share feelings of pain and loneliness, of grief and guilt.
Raj
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would have scored this book a solid 5 if the plot line was more concise.It was just all over the place.A police man & a couple of lawyers were aware that a minor was being sexually & physically abused daily yet this was allowed to continue resulting in other major events occurring in the book.

One of the male leads in the book had suffered major abuse himself years ago & as a result self mutilated himself because he felt guilt over leaving his fellow foster brothers to undergo the s
Tracy Perry
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my heart... I loved this book the first time around & I love it even more now revised & with new content. I still found it gut wrenching & heartbreaking .... I cried a lot :( I forgot Ash was an a**hole first when we meet him in book, it that changes throughout & I love him lots :) My heart hurts for him so much! I loved Drew right away, Nana, who wouldn't love her?! Oh & Jordan... So sad... I can't wait for rerelease of his book & the continuation of of this one!
Tina

Well written hurt/comfort read. Loved Drew and Ash (omg... he is so broken, what he went through made me so sad and angry). (view spoiler)

Now on to the second book of the series, it's Jordan-the-prick and Luke's story.
haletostilinski
So, I don't know, but for the most part, this didn't do it for me. For me, there was just something missing.

For the most part, I enjoyed it and was into it, and at times Ash and Drew did make me feel things, especially the first half of the book - which is interesting, as they don't sleep together until like 60%, but a lot of the sex scenes did nothing for me -- actually none of them did anything for me. I actually felt more when they were in denial and resisting each other, but the sex was so.
Candice
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARGH! How in the fork am I going to rate this one? Felice Stevens, if you are reading this, don't mind my ramblings. They are just that. I'm gonna have to talk this one out.

So, Stevens is not a new author to me. I adored Rescued and after I read this blurb, I KNEW it wasn't going to be anything like that cutesy book. I was right. Holy smokes.

Ash. You were kind of a prick, but I understood. There was never a point in this story where I didn't like you. I DID want to hear more. I wanted to talk th
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
2.5 stars.

What's the point of this book. I dislike both guys. I have the sequel if it's not good. This author is going on my Author I Don't Fawk With List.

Okay I think I got book 1 & 2 on sale somewhere. I don't think this author and I get along well. It started off with a lot of potential and then Asher turned into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. 90% of his actions were uncalled for. I did not see what Drew found interesting at all. Now I like damaged calls like the next person, and sure Asher was
Fabi
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF @36%

I love the idea of the plot. But the telling of it is very choppy. I often felt like I was missing big chunks out of a scene because the characters would about-face with no apparent reason.

The characters themselves were very one-dimensional. I didn't get to know them because I was told about them instead of introduced to them and shown their character by the things they do or say or think.

I understood what the author tried to do with this plot. Again, I loved the idea. But the execution
Bev

2.5 stars rounded up to 3. Just didn't work for me I'm afraid, no connection between the MC's whatsoever and although the background story was interesting, who HADN'T worked out that that Stevie's 'foster brothers' were the ones responsible for nearly frightening Drew's Nana to death and vandalising the apartment?? I would also assume that as Drew had no experience of gay sex, the 'popping his cherry' scene would have been a little more painful than it was, instead of 'harder Ash, harder'...I h
Ele
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Damn...this one broke my heart...but put it back together:)Well i do not have much to say other that i love the author's work and she is becoming my new auto buy.
What i would really like to add is that this book had so many interesting secondary characters: Luke and Brandon ( i seriously felt an unfinished story there) and even Jordan.I really,really, REALLY hope that the author gives them and us the story they deserve.
Caipi
Wish it had been less drama and more character development.

I couldn't really connect with the MCs. In some scenes I cared for them, felt for them. Especially for Asher, a lonely man with a terrible past of sexual child abuse. But for the most part they were too distant or annoyed me.
I often felt like the author was on the right way, that the MCs finally would become more vibrant, more complex, the story more profound, but then, cut, and on to the next scene/drama. All problems, situations and s
Chad
Review Coming Soon
Love Bytes Reviews
4 star review by Amber

Holy SHOCKER ending, Batman!!!! I don’t even know what to say other than….WHAT????

So, let me preface this review by saying that I had absolutely no idea this was going to be a series. None. After I read the final word, I went to Goodreads to see if anyone else felt as rebuffed as I. Lo and behold, this is supposedly going to be a series. THANK GOD!!! I have so many questions that I need the answers to. If this was a standalone, with no follow up, then my review wouldn’t be
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Trotz einer grauenvollen Kindheit und Jugend, die durch Mißbrauch und Mißhandlungen geprägt war, hat der Anwalt Asher Davis den beruflichen Erfolg geschafft. Doch er ist ein einsamer und unterkühlter Mann, der niemand wirklich an sich heranlässt. Einzig ein früherer Mitstudent – Peter – ist so etwas wie sein Freund. Peter, der ein wenig von Ashers problematischer Jugend weiss, bringt Asher mit Drew zusammen. Dieser plant nach seiner Scheidung – bei der Asher die Gegenseite vertritt – eine Klinik ...more
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
A Walk Through Fire tells the story of Asher Davis and Dr Drew Klein. Ash is high power lawyer and Drew plastic surgeon who walks away from the money to start clinic for abused children. I adore the way these to men meet, it was really well done and the thing that brought them together tied in so well with the past Ash has fought so hard to keep buried.

Asher and Drew have wonderful banter and they truly form an unexpected friendship; I thoroughly enjoyed watching this developed.

This book craft
Lelyana
* 3,75 stars.*

There's no secret that I loved and enjoyed Felice writing style. Loved her first book.
But this one is very angsty for me, especially at the ending. I was crying like a baby, and questioning, why??? Whyyy?????

I think chapter 26 shouldn't have to be there, it's like a bummer for me.
I mean, c'mon...why did Drew so stupid like that?

I love the slow burn between Ash and Drew. The whole story is great.
But I wish I never read chapter 26. It was a big disappointment for me though

Don't wor
Fani *loves angst*
A romance between a sweet straight man and a ruthless, unfeeling player who sleeps with another partner every night. That is until he meets our shy hero and falls head over heels for him. Those two fight, make love and then go on with their fighting until tragedy brings them together for good.

If you hate romances where the heroes push each other away because of their own insecurities, this won't work for you; in any other case, I strongly recommend this although it did turn a bit too s
Lisa
Wow, just wow. Another powerful beautifully written book by Felice.
The content was not always easy to read past and present abuse. The final chapters were just heartbreaking. Im still sobbing as I write this review.
No review could do this book justice. You need to read it.
Annery
***4.5***

This was the perfect blend of an issues book, first time gay, and hurt/comfort. If you're in the mood for a redemption story this is the ticket and the audio by Kale Williams was fantastic. Also, being a native, I'm a sucker for NYC based stories that are well told within a recognizable geography.

When Dr. Drew Klein goes to sign the papers to finalize his divorce and meets the man who will turn his life inside out and set him on a path to happiness he never imagined. For Asher Davis, s

• A Mended Man (The Men of Halfway House, #4)
  • Worth Keeping
  • Billy's Bones
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Smoke and Mirrors, #1)
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • GABRIEL 3: Heroes and Villains (Phoenix Club, #12)
  • Grey's Hidden Fire (Firehouse Six, #1)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #5)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • The Doctor and the Bad Boy (Ellery Mountain #4)
  • Heart
  • Let Love Live (Love, #5)
  • Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)
  • Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)
  • The Secrets in My Scowl
  • Priceless (Irresistible Attraction, #1)
Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending just around the corner. Her characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

She lives in New York City with her husband and two children. Her day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass (or two) of red wine. She’s

Through Hell and Back (3 books)
  • After the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #2)
  • Embrace the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #3)
“Man or woman, what did it matter who he slept with, and why did people think it was any of their business?” 4 likes
“Not everything that happens to us is within our control, my friend. Sometimes life gives us a swift kick in the ass, and we have to do the best we can with what we’re given.” 3 likes