Start by marking “Love Broken” as Want to Read:

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  145 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
My name is Katie Beller, but the world, as of late, knows me as Bailey Swan, the love guru behind my bestselling book.

Want the shortened version? Here it is:

Love was stupid.
A fake. A farce
Love was broken.

Women everywhere were eating up my advice and fighting back against fake love. My book started a relationship revolution. And I stood by my story.

Until I met Charlie Ba
ebook
Published February 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Love Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Broken

DJ Sakata
My Rating:

3.5

Favorite Quotes:

I don’t have a great literary background story for you on how my book hit the big time, or any “awe” love story that pushed me to write it. To be honest, I’m a bartender at a local hole in the wall in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, and I just get to hear and see a lot of shit.

What I didn’t expect was a cult-like following of women to read my book of words and start a hateration on dead-beat men.

I don’t dance. Mainly because I don’t know how to, so this game of who can mak
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: J.D. Hollyfield
4.5 Stars

While I have read other books co-written by this author, this is my first book to read written all by J.D. Hollyfield. What a good story this one was!

Bailey Swan is a best seller author who has agreed to go on her first tour with book signing. Although a bartender by day, she has remained anonymous by writing under this pen name. Nervous as all get out, she heads out for her first signing.

Charlie Bates is a NHL athlete who also is a cover model traveling
~Dawn~TUG
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one..fun, fierce and a male model. So easy to read. Devoured in a sitting. I am going to attempt a review for it..hold please (insert Timberlake #filthy )

Review--->This book was fun, heartfelt, smoking hot and had a angsty back and forth that had me flipping through the pages quicker than I was polishing off my Pinot. And FYI that is FAST. I connected with Katie aka Bailey Swan and loved that it takes place in the book world that I admire and love. Knowing that in my small world
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I consider myself a hip reader so I declare -this story is sooooo Fetch!!😉 a seemingly normal rom-com with a good story line. What makes it different is the rendition. I use the word rendition , because it's very theatrical in presentation. Full of slapstick comedy and perfect caricatures of the characters.
There's an author - Bailey swan, aka Katie Beller who hasn't yet come out of the author closet, so to speak . She attends the first book signing, outing herself, cause apparently the first boo
Becky Rendon
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Love Broken is the ideal "insecurities rule my thoughts" romance. Justifications, judgements, and stereotypes rule the thought process of this heroine. In short she is just as flawed as you and me!

***(Pardon this tangent, I swear there's a point.) I once heard on the radio that a popular pop star divorced his wife once he saw The Notebook. His excuse was that they did not and would never have that kind of love. As a romance enthusiast, we can get pulled into the hype too. You may not o
Anne Milne
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Step inside for a tongue in cheek look at the other side of indie book world.

I’ve never been to a book signing but I kind of hope this is true, the backstabbing, sexy models, illicit relationships oh and crazy obsessive readers <—— which I’m not honest.

Katie and Chase were a fun couple to read about. I think we can all identify with Katie at some point in our lives I know I could and Chase doesn’t give up easy.

I would have liked some of the story in Chase’s POV to get inside his head. This
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
I loved this storyline and the inside look at the “new author breakthrough.” The heroine’s insecurities and negative self image are ones many of us can identify with, especially in the midst of a beautiful male cover model — I mean, come on, our fantasies have all gone there to some degree, we do read naughty books, after all. It is easy to constantly compare ourselves to others, those we feel inferior to, and difficult to believe compliments given. The heroine really gave our Hero a run for his ...more
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Get ready for those belly laughs while reading Love Broken!!!

Ohhh gahhhh I fell in love with the whole concept of this book.
Love that the leading lady is a author!!
Love her LOVE interest!!!
Love the HAWT romance in this book.
Love the Banter!!
and Love tha Sexual Tension!!
All this goodness wrapped up in Love Broken!!!

Katie is a bartender but known in the romance community as Bailey Swan. She has had her fair share of bad romances. She wants that happily ever after, but it just ain't happenen f
Beenah (Next Chapter Book Blog)
Love Broken
Five trillion heart wrenching amaze-balls stars!!!

*ARC gifted in return for an honest review*

Yes yes YES! This is what I needed. This book is everything!

I’m reviewing this book a bit differently than I usually do. While reading it I wanted to tell someone about it but didn’t want to ruin the story for anyone, So I decided I’ll write my review and add my feelings while reading! So I apologize now...it’s a bit messy.

Im hooked. I’m in love with everything this book is giving me. The
Tamara
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book about books, book signings and cover models – yes please!

As soon as I read the blurb of Love Broken I knew that it sounded like the kind of book I would be into, and I wasn’t wrong. It was sweet, it was sassy, it was sexy and it was full of the quick witted one liners and back-and-forth banter that I LOVE!
I loved getting a little peek into the behind the scenes of what goes on at book signings, and even if it was completely based on fiction, I still loved every second of it.

I made the fat
Pelusa Rivera
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author. Thank you for this book it seriously brought a smile to my face. We meet this beautiful character and we read about her insecurities, because she does not see herself as others see her, about how she truly is.. and I love Chase, my friends read will be glad that you did. Enjoy!!
Sam Lewis
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a solid 4 stars for JD Hollyfield's Love Broken. We dive head first into the indie book world with bartender Katie Beller and hockey player Chase Green, but they are better known as author Bailey Swan and cover model Charlie Bates. They meet on tour. What could go wrong.

I enjoyed the banter between Katie and Chase. He just doesn't know when to give up. It's kind of endearing and I'm glad he doesn't.

I have been in Katie's shoes. I have been Love Broken too. It's hard to be optimistic. The w
Nicole Erard
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you feel love Broken? I am sure many of us do, but are we really broken or does our own baggage prevent us from seeing what is right in front of us? J.D. Hollyfield delivers another great story of love and how everyone’s version is different. Chase and Katie are funny, cute and difficult, just like life. In finding themselves will they find the courage to love each other?
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
WOW....I read a snippet of this via an anthology and can not wait to finish it.
As with her other books this one is snippy and funny and her characters are strong and independent.
If you're looking for the frail timid love struck woman...you wont find her here. Well not exactly haha
Hot and funny and sexually frustrating....this book is a grabber :)
Desyerie Bonifacio
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven't got my head around this. But I'll give a quick review then a lot longer one later. *wink

So another book from this wine addict author haha. Anyway, the reason I love her books it's because they are all ROMCOM type of books. I love this one. This is very different from Faking It - where there are a lot of hot and steamy sex . This book is heart wrenching gut punching one. It tugs my heart strings and this book is really with all the feels. A book telling how Love is really broken. I imag
Liz
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Broken by J.D. Hollyfield was such a nice surprise. It was funny, had great characters and had me laughing so much. I loved this story and devoured it as quickly as I could!

Katie Beller wrote this book, that somehow became a sensation. You see, she thought love was stupid. So, she wrote a book, under the name Bailey Swan, where she swore love was all a farce and she stood by that. Until she met a man that threw all her advice right back at her.

Charlie Bates was a great character. I loved
Cassie
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Broken is one of those books that makes you yearn for more in every book you read. The take on our beloved book world was more than entertaining. The characters are not what they first seem. The story is beautiful, twisted, and thought-out.

“I’m strung tight in a trap of emotions I’m not used to. I’ve been living the motto that the only thing in life that matters, the only steps I take that are important, are the ones I do myself.”

Bella/Katie is a special character. We get the stubborn and
Dimple
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Cute, quirky and smoking hot, just like we've come to expect from JD Hollyfield.

Katie Beller stumbled into stardom. Hearing the heartbreak and woes of the average woman looking for love night after night as a bartender, she sits down to pen a letter to women everywhere, under a pseudonym of course. Call it a crash course on the farce of eveasting love, He's Just Not That Into You style. She's an overnight sensation, with no clue what to do about it. Reluctant star, she attends a major author ev
Abby McCarthy
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you read a book that makes you grin almost the entire time. Love Broken was that book for me. JD Hollyfield delivers a witty relevant romantic comedy, filled with plenty of alcohol, bad decisions, book signings, and a seriously funny hot dude, named Chase Green.

I love so much about this book! I love that the heroine is from Cleveland and that she wrote a book about a woman named Abby! I love that there are book signings and models, and drinking and debauchery. I love that Katie is an i
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
I love starting a new J.D. Hollyfield book, I always know that it'll be a super fun read. She doesn't disappoint with this one either. It was funny, sexy, full of the feels, and sweet. I loved that both Katie and Chase's insecurities were relatable, and their love for one another wasn't perfectly packaged and tied up with a neat little bow.

Like other books from J.D. Hollyfield this book, has some silly moments as well as moments that were so silly I cringed. But I love it that her characters ar
Antoinette
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Wonderful starts!!!

OMG This book has all the feels. It is the broken story of Katie (Bailey Swan) and Chase (Charlie Bates).
Katie is a bartender who writes a book about broken love. She has been on her own for so long, and watching and listing the customers of her bar, she is very jaded to love. Chase is a hockey player who moonlights as a cover model for romance novels. He is also has issues that has made him jaded.
This book made me thing, cry. And of course since its Jessica, laughing a
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I've never read a more wordy hero that says exactly all the perfect things. I've never read a more in their head character as the heroine who was so stubborn she completely disconnected from the world and moved across the country to avoid a conversation.

While this book was executed well and was decently written, it was ... predictable. I found myself bored and guessing what would happen next.

It wasn't awful. It wasn't excellent. It kind of just was.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was hooked on this story by the first chapter right till the end if the book. I devoured this in a fee days.
Ms Hollyfield has done a great job writing this book.
I fell in love with Bailey!
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Melissa Schaub
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
JD Hollyfield can definitely gut you with a book. This book is all about everything wrong with love. All the doubts, insecurities, and suspicions that can drown you; until you find that one in a million that makes all of those feelings seem small when you compare them to the happiness you feel.
Katie is a new author who never planned on being an author and made her name by picking apart everything wrong with love. While on a book tour she meets a Chase who has her doubting all of those feelings
Rebecca
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reads-2018
God D*&n it!!! This author had me by "balls" by the end of this book. I go in thinking, laughter, hilarity, ridiculousness, fun, all known from other books by this author. Oh, and it sure does start off that way. Then BOOM, I'm crying enough tears to fill the freaking Mississippi River and overflow it!! I was late for every obligation I had that day to make sure I finished it and could gather my thoughts and emotions and put them back together. What a great story development that showed the ...more
Samantha Schwerin
I'm just going to assume the author had Anna Kendrick in mind as the main character because...

The pretty, awkward, small, sarcastic, funny, adverse to being happy, constantly deflecting shtick is alllll Kendrick characters.

Anyways, this read was okay. I had a few issues.

-Katie was seriously annoying and funny at the same time so being inside her head for 90% of this book was both torture and amusing. She had some great lines but man was she stubborn and talked and talked and talked some more.
A
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, ya-na-chicklit
Meh. Too many behaviors I don’t approve of.
The Smutbrarians
Panty Scorching: 5
Over All Rating: 5 Stars
Kindle eArc provided by Authors
Reviewed by Robin

Katie Beller has become a reluctant icon for relationships that were broken and women empowerment. She truly believes love is fake and broken. Then she met Charlie Bates. He drives her up the wall. He’s pure temptation and begins to make her wonder if what she believes is true. Or perhaps the only thing broken is herself.

“I’ve had boyfriends, one-night stands, and offers
Robin Powers
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful broken love story. I just loved the entire thing. Every fairytale has some bumps and imperfections and sometimes it takes a while to work through that drama. But some of the best soul binding, deepest loves come from these obstacles thrown at us. What a strong message about giving up too easily. In Katie and Chase’s case...they both needed to get past their fears of finding true love. I found myself smiling, crying, cringing and finally laughing reading this story. Both Katie an ...more
Joselyn
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica really knows how to write cute contemporary romances. Of course, what would one of her books be without her amazing sense of humor. Charlie Bates, ha, is like a unicorn. He is just way too much of everything good to believe that he can be real. Of course, nothing is ever as good as it seems, so this was quite a ride. Katie is easy to understand. Her apprehension, and view on love stems from solid cases. After everything, it comes down to taking that leap of faith. Trust me on this one, y ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Creative designer, mother, wife, writer, part time superhero...

J.D. Hollyfield is a creative designer by day and superhero by night. When she is not trying to save the world one happy ending at a time, she enjoys the snuggles of her husband, son's and three doxies. With her love for romance, and head full of book boyfriends, she was inspired to test her creative abilities and bring her own story t