Start by marking “Ako zlomiť dračie srdce (Štikút Strašný Šťukovec III., #8)” as Want to Read:
Ako zlomiť dračie srdce (Štikút Strašný Šťukovec III., #8)

Ako zlomiť dračie srdce

(How to Train Your Dragon #8)

Štikúta Strašného Šťukovca III. očakávajú ďalšie nové dobrodružstvá, musí ochrániť Rybonohovu lásku k Rozmarnici O'Ošklici. Štikút má pred sebou nesplniteľnú úlohu, musí poraziť zúrivých Amokov, zachrániť Rybonoha pred Beštiou a odhaliť tajomstvo strateného trónu Západodivočiny. Aby prežil všetky nástrahy, musí konať ako skutočný HRDINA!
Published 2015 by Slovart (first published August 26th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ako zlomiť dračie srdce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ako zlomiť dračie srdce

Start your review of Ako zlomiť dračie srdce (Štikút Strašný Šťukovec III., #8)
Erin
Prophecies. Selfish dragons. Human sacrifice. Tree dungeons. Wooden noses. Dragons with half-broken hearts. Aspiring poets. Witches. Ghosts. Youthful optimism. Lobster pots.

After reading this book over the course of a few hours (a simple task, it being a children's book), these are some of the memories that stand out. How to Break a Dragon's Heart was a satisfying addition to the series, and fabulously redirects the entire trajectory of the plot.

It was the epilogue, however, that shattered me
Sara Saif
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-like-you-a-lot
The Hairy Hooligans’ National Anthem:

“I didn’t mean to come here,
And I didn’t mean to stay,
It’s just where the sea wind blew me,
One accidental day”

I don’t know why but it sounds so good to me that I want to sing it. Fishlegs sings this song in front of the whole tribe of BERSERKS and the question of his identity suddenly becomes clear to him. I was a little bummed out that his real parentage still wasn’t revealed but the mystery of where he came from was one of the things that added a layer
Collin
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dragons, favorites
First read: November 28 2011

Second read: March 19 2014

I freaking love the 'How To Train Your Dragon' series. It's campy, it's cheesy, it's utterly implausible, and it's hilarious with a capital H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S. And yet, it has the unique capability to be thought-provoking and touching at times.

'How To Break A Dragon's Heart' is no different - unless it's even better than the rest. The premise by now is familiar - something happens, Hiccup and Toothless save the day against all odds, Hiccup
Keturah Lamb
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*listened to audiobook*

Can you believe it, but this book actually has some sad parts ;/

Also this serried is getting AMAZING and I’m going to go and buy the books for my brothers.

The finances were hilarious and the mystery is amping up ;)
Sophia
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked about this book was there was a lot stories within the actual plot line and they all bled into each other and created a really unique and interesting story. I enjoyed the way some of the stories were told as they were kind of different and set them apart from the others. The last few chapters got me really looking forward to the stories in the next books and I can't wait to read them!
Manon
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great read!
Jacqueline
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bedtime-stories
Things seem to be getting much much worse in these books. But I love the build up all the same. Will things always be this chaotic in the world of Hiccups? Well, me and my children hope to find out.
Carson Wolbert
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and chock-full of action
Deborah Pickstone
I was just sort of thinking that this series should be running out of interest by now - 8 or 9 books read and just for children. Then I read this one and it was the best of them all! So....once Cressida Colell palls, I will let you know but, for now, she's as good as ever!
Kerri Anne
I was admittedly surprised to find myself liking this book as much as I did, especially in lieu of it being mostly devoid of the wit and hilarity of Camicazi, but I'm apparently a fan of:

a) ghost stories told by cantankerous witches imprisoned in large tree trunks;
b) stories featuring unexpected cameos by Humongously Hotshot The Hero;
c) Fishlegs going berserk;
d) whenever Camicazi gets to fight...anyone;
e) Cowell relinquishing the need to wrap everything up neatly with a peaceful bow;
F) ALL OF
Erin Tessel
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you do not think Dragon's are real...think again these books make Dragon's come to life. How to Break a Dragon's heart was so cool in so many ways. the protageness was my favorite chaecter his name is Hiccup, hiccup is a dragon whisper and a great sword fighter.

I have a connection with the auther her name Cressida Cowell she likes dragons like i do.

join hiccup and his dragon Toothless on a Jorney to save his friend from being fed to the beast!
Noora Alsuwaidi
The series starting from book seven got more interesting, it's building up to more complicated events and hardships that the whole archipelago is facing, and a huge weight that is thrown on Hiccup's shoulder.

(Ok spoiler alert)
There are some memorable events and elements in this book, like the key that opens all locks that were found in Toothless's tummy, and the stupid fiances that all wish to die for the sake of the pretty daughter of the Uglithugs tribe leader instead of fighting for their
McKenzie Dean
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading How to Break a Dragon’s Heart I believe it might be my favorite book in this series so far. There are people, objects, and even places mentioned in the previous seven books that begin to come together in this eight installment. Plot threads that seemed minor at the time now play a much more significant role in Hiccup’s story and in his eventual destiny. Cressida Cowell is quite the genius when it comes to weaving seemingly insignificant things into a much larger narrative. I’m ...more
Doss
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book, I liked the story's of he other hiccups I enjoyed the book a lot but their where some scary parts of Alvens mother she was very creepy. But I can't believe that Alvens is related to hiccup, but what is Alvens to Hiccup? Anyways I have always liked Alvens costumes. And when Fishlegs was trying to find his family I cried at that part.
Zulfiya
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, kind, hilarious, scary, exciting, and a good fun.
It is my commitment this year to finish as many series as I can that I started reading some time ago. I have dual feelings about this series. I like it a lot, and I also dread the time when I run out of all the books in this series. So, it is a bittersweet feeling.
The good thing is I still have 4 more books to read, and the bad thing is I only have 4 more books to read.
GuineaPigFalconer
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was, without a doubt, the best of the series so far. Old characters returned to play important parts and many moving pieces began to come together and really expand the plot. Without a doubt, I am eager to see how the dragon rebellion goes, even though I'm pretty sure I won't be too happy with the outcome.
Cara
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book in the series (so far). It was intense, a little scary, and full of history. Hiccup learned a lot about his family in this one.
Abigail
Hiccup is one of the best middle-grade main characters and that is a fact. Also Stoick really loves his son a lot. Also Camicazi is my fave. Also the friendship in this series is amazing. That's all.
Anna ~"People will think what they want to. Never take too much notice of it.”-Halt O'Carrick~
Who could resist this series? ...more
Heaven Ashlee
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast and exciting! Served up some good character moments, world building and foreshadowing for future books! :)
Lacey
Shelves: middle-grade
4.5 Funny and action packed can't seem to stop reading these books
Tammie
Read- September 2019
- I can't believe how close I am to the end of this series. I truly adore all of the books and I'm going to be devastated when It's all over.
Aubrey
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed, march-2017
I am loving this hilarious series!
Webcowgirl
Really good fun. Impressive to watch Cowell develop her young hero and come up with great backstory. I admit, I was surprised at several turns!
Victoria
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is going to lead to some very dangerous possibilities
Denae Christine
Reader thoughts: Oops, I missed reviewing this one right after I read it. No problem, I remember it well enough. How can I forget the outlandish adventures Hiccup has had?

Tree prisons are brilliant. There's no lock for Camicaze to pick, and there's no guard for Excellinor to trick. I think this is where we first meet Furious. I didn't realize he would have such a big role to play. Come to think of it, I didn't realize how big a role ALL of the characters would have, even down to Grimbeard the
Gaele
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
AudioBook Review
Stars Overall 5 Narration 5 Story 5

The story of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, continues on, with this story carrying more plot and background information for Hiccup than in any of the earlier stories. Yes, there is an adventure and a chance for Hiccup to use his brain and a bit of luck to save his friends, but this story has a mixed result, foreshadowing the future in ways that earlier books didn’t.

Hiccup is presented with the story of the prophecy, and how he came to get his
An Odd1
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun, action, fantasy
"How to Break a Dragon's Heart" (How 8) by Cressida Cowell is the darkest nightmare, and maybe most imaginatively complex yet, of beyond hilarious lavishly illustrated memoirs by Viking Hooligan heir red-shock hair Hiccup III. He seeks missing Bog-Burglar heir blonde-tangle Camicaze, trapped in an inescapable forest of hollow prison trees. The bloodstained throne of ancestor Grimbeard washes ashore in a storm and revives the betrayal disaster that dissolved his unified empire into warring ...more
**✿❀ Maki ❀✿**
I do believe that there's more plot progression in this single book than in all of the previous books combined. Wow. Just...wow.

This book tells the story of Hiccup's ancestor, Grimbeard the Ghastly (the one whose treasure was the main plot point of the second book in the series), uncovers Grimbeard's throne, which is heavily tied to the prophecy mentioned by Norbert the Nutjob, tells the story of Hiccup the First and Second, explains what the name Hiccup means, explains about Hiccup's family
The Dragon's Lair: How to Break a Dragon's Heart 1 2 Apr 21, 2013 07:18AM

• The Art of How to Train Your Dragon
  • Dragonborn
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The Chapter Book
  • Worlds Apart (Story Thieves #5)
  • The Revenge of Magic (The Revenge of Magic, #1)
  • Kid Normal and the Shadow Machine
  • Kid Normal and the Rogue Heroes
  • The Serpent's Heir (How to Train Your Dragon Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Dragonvine (How to Train Your Dragon Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Le monde selon François, Tome 1 : Le secret des écrivains
  • How Nina Got Her Fang Back (Accidentals #13)
  • The War with Mr. Wizzle (Macdonald Hall, #4)
  • The Beginner's Guide to Buddhism
  • Bury Your Past: A chilling British detective crime thriller (The Hidden Norfolk Murder Mystery Series Book 2)
  • The Banner of the Upright Seven
  • 47 Degrees
  • The Art of How to Train Your Dragon 2
  • Any Fin Is Possible (My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish, #4)
Cressida Cowell grew up in London and on a small, uninhabited island off the west coast of Scotland. She was convinced that there were dragons living on this island, and has been fascinated by dragons ever since. She has a BA in English Literature from Oxford University, a BA in Graphic Design from St Martin's and an MA in Narrative Illustration from Brighton. Cressida loves illustrating her own ...more

How to Train Your Dragon (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon, #1)
  • How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon, #2)
  • How to Speak Dragonese (How to Train Your Dragon, #3)
  • How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse (How to Train Your Dragon, #4)
  • How to Twist a Dragon's Tale (How to Train Your Dragon, #5)
  • A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons (How to Train Your Dragon, #6)
  • How to Ride a Dragon's Storm (How to Train Your Dragon, #7)
  • How to Steal a Dragon's Sword (How to Train Your Dragon, #9)
  • How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (How to Train Your Dragon, #10)
  • How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (How to Train Your Dragon, #11)
“Oh, for Thor's sake..." said Hiccup. "I thought that was just a story..."
"Stories come from somewhere," said the witch. "The past haunts the present in more ways than we realise.”
42 likes