Start by marking “Xoe (Xoe Meyers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Xoe (Xoe Meyers, #1)

Xoe

(Xoe Meyers #1)

Xoe Meyers had a normal life. So she was stuck going to high school, and she only had a few friends to call her own. She liked her normal life. Things were about to change though, because there's a new guy in her small town, and he is anything but normal. Before Xoe can say, "Werewolf," her best friend's life is in peril, and Xoe's world is turned upside-down. Then, of ...more
ebook
Published (first published October 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Xoe, please sign up.
Satangan It gets interesting the more you read, so yeah the story picks up. I kept on reading and did realize how far I got that I was nonstop reading it.…moreIt gets interesting the more you read, so yeah the story picks up. I kept on reading and did realize how far I got that I was nonstop reading it. Although, that is my opinion. I am still currently reading it and can't wait to see where it takes me. (less)

Start your review of Xoe (Xoe Meyers, #1)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I freaking loved this book! I can't wait to read more of the books! I hope they are as good as this one!

Xoe and her best friends Lucy, Allison and Brian are all in high school together and share many of the same classes. They hang out all of time and are typical, get on your nerves, teens.

Then there is a new guy named Dan who suddenly appears at lunch one day. He is sitting with Max and staring at the three girls who always have lunch together. He's really
Phrynne
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 5000-2019
I actually read this because I needed a book starting with X for a challenge and there are not many of them around! It turned out to be an okay read but it irritated me in the many ways it copied Twilight. Is this another of those many books based on fan fiction? It certainly reads like one.

Leaving that to one side I found I was not especially interested in any of the characters and I did not feel any sparks between Jason and Xoe. There was a lot of excitement towards the end which kept me
Carrie
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Alexondra Meyers, or Xoe as her friends call her is a seemingly normal teenager who lives with her single mother in a small town, she's never known her father. Lucy and Allison have been her friends forever and that's all she needs, she hasn't been interested in boys or expanding her social circle.

When a new boy enters the cafeteria and stares at the girls Xoe immediately thinks there is something strange about Dan but Allison invites him over to have lunch with the trio. Lucy and Allison then
Julie
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wow...I am really surprised by the high ratings that this book gets. I didn't find that there was very much character development. In the end, I found myself not caring about what happened to them. I almost didn't even finish.

I had a little trouble with the writing as well. It didn't really seem to flow or transition easily between conversations.

I would definitely say this book is geared strictly toward YA. I didn't get much out of it.
Mandy
Xoe's life has been normal aside from the dreams of fire but with the arrival of a new guy in school who can't stop watching her everything is about to change. Raised by her mom she's never known her dad but she's alright with that and doesn't need him since she has two best friends. However, her friends are all over the new guy even though Xoe knows something isn't right with him.

When a girls movie night turns into inviting the new guy who's attached himself to one of her friend Xoe has to go
Sjc218
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in about a day and a half..... I was hooked! I love the characters and the surprises I wasn't expecting! This is a great book to read!
Mya
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really would love to see xoe ask her mother about her father
BookNerdette
Sep 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

I was excited to start reading Xoe even though it is not my normal read, but oh my goodness were these kids stupid. It was like every two pages I was just thinking seriously? Why, why would you do this? This makes no sense! Do you want bad things to happen to you? Yeah, it was not for me. *spoilers ahead*

Xoe is a high school girl who only has a few good friends. Nothing special, until a new guy, Dan shows up. He creeps Xoe out. Something is
Rose
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Xoe was an interesting adventure with paranormal characters galore. Even with the many characters, Roethle managed to give each one an unique personality. I really enjoyed the variety of paranormal characters-Vampires, Werewolves and Demons-in the story. And others were mentioned, too. Maybe that is a hint of what is to come in the rest of the series. Roethle punches you in the gut with overwhelming emotions as the characters respond to their unbelievable situation. Believable characters, real ...more
Jacqueline
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I loved this book. It was a fast read and I didn't want it to end.

Xoe.. I love her. She is an amazing character. She didn't need some guy to save her and when it came down to it, She was not going to let that happen. She faces things head on and deals emotionally with it later when everyone is safe. I loved that about her.

I can't wait to read the rest of this series. This one just left me wanting more.
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
My Review (By Jessica G. - Book Monster Guest Reviewer)

This book follows Alexondra Meyers, a high school student in Shelby, Oregon. When Alexondra, whose friends call her Xoe, begins another year of school, she and her friends meet Dan, a new kid at school. Xoe feels something is wrong with Dan but her best friends Lucy and Allison do not agree. Xoe, Lucy, and Allison hang out one weekend with Dan. He acts strange toward Xoe when her friends are not around, telling her he can “smell her” and
Ginny
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this young adult fantasy/horror book as a First Reads Giveaway.

I was originally drawn to this book by the fun title and was excited when I found out I had won a free copy, and was even more excited when it arrived in the mail the day before I was leaving on a family vacation.

Synopsis: Xoe lives in a small town with her single mom who is away on business alot. Xoe has a few close friends: Lucy, Allison & Brian. All is "normal" until a new guy starts at their school. Something about
Mo
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abrupt endings are not endearing. Xoe and Jason's relationship feels forced. I still don't know if I like Xoe. Dan burning to death was great. Lucy and Allyson are good friends and temper Xoe's personality down. Max is nondescript. I definitely would not say Zoe is a badass half demon at all. She's a meh half demon. More to come if I can remember lol, I would rate this book a 2.75. I don't recommend this series, I couldn't even imagine paying to read the subsequent books.
Shayla Yvonne Jones
OMG

OMG

this book I would give it teen stars if possible.Teens would like this it's a mix between fantasy and romance luv it get it make the 2nd book free please.
Tracy
I was reading this book to mark off the letter X from and A to Z book challenge. Surprisingly it was the only book I had that begin with the letter X. Anyways, I didn't hate the book but I didn't really love it either. The characters were kind of interesting but there wasn't any real back stories on anyone and Xoe seemed to accept things about herself and others very easily, her friends as well. But the book did help me mark off the letter X in a book challenge and I got the word rice cake for a ...more
Tamara
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I can't determine whether I just don't like Xoe or I just hate her. She believers herself the best of the best without actually blatantly saying so. Otherwise, story was fine, but not well developed.
Alex Latham
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 17 complete.
Lexxi Kitty
A young woman, Xoe, is starting her junior year in high school. She has three obvious friends (as in, she mentions she has a few friends and no more, but is slow in mentioning who they are; in such a way that at first I thought she only was friends with Allison and Lucy, but then her next-door-neighbor Brian got into the mix as well - potentially there are more 'friends' out there).

During the school day a new student intrudes into their little circle (that being Lucy, Allison and Xoe - but not
Katy H
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4.5 Stars

Initially, I just picked this up to fulfill an A-Z Challenge and I'm really glad I did! Some of it feels a little bit cliché, especially given the location coupled with the subject matter. I mean, really? Again with the vampires and werewolves frolicking about in the American Northwest? Not to mention the MC's last name is Meyers...hmmm

BUT

I personally liked The Twilight Saga and this wasn't a carbon copy by any means. I quite enjoyed Zoe, Lucy, & Allison's
Kara
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Xoe” is a light-hearted romp into the world of werewolves, vampires and their ilk (I’ve always wanted to use ilk in a sentence….I feel so much better for having achieved this small accomplishment!)

For the most part, it’s pretty uneventful, with much of the action going on the head of the 16yo or 17yo MC (e.g., who’s the new hot guy?, what’s the hot car the hot guy is driving?, why is my best friend suddenly wearing makeup?, is my other best friend overdressing for a movie to impress a guy?).
Aimeekay
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Xoe. It was fun. I think the teen crowd will definitely like reading about Xoe and her adventures. I did have a few issues with the book though that kept me from giving it a full set of stars.

I have to say the characters were what made it fun. Xoe and her friends are cute and seeing their loyalty to each other was sweet. I think that teen readers will really get into reading about Xoe and her adventures.
The story itself was interesting. The way it ended definitely left it open for more
Alejandra
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
K.M. Montemayor
Xoe is definitely more Buffy than Bella. When she and her friends meet a strange guy at school, Xoe's spidey sense goes off. There is something not right about Dan. Allison blows her off and invites him to go to the movies with Xoe, Lucy, and herself. At the theater, Dan makes an odd comment to Xoe about how she smells different. Xoe doesn't like the way Dan looks at Lucy or herself but won't let her friends go alone.
When Dan later drops Lucy off at her house, he scratches her and Xoe and
Rhomy
I liked it. it was fast paced and entertaining.
It has only 3 stars because it lacks background and depth in characters.
the plot was a bit predictable and weak but above all it has potential and everything (even the writing) got better by the end of the book.

I think the author tells a lot and shows so little. There were also many cliches but again, it all got better in the last quarter.

Xoe isnt exactly the brightest MC ever but she compensates with her loyalty to her friends.

Allison is great, and
Julia
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up because I was looking for a free YA book on iBook for a long car trip. This book is very enjoyable and easy to read. But once I finished it and thought about it, it actually wasn't that good. Don't get me wrong, I love Xoe, she is great character. But all the characters expect her just were flat and undeveloped. Dan, I felt wasn't a good villain and annoyed me at times. Xoe's friends weren't really that memorable. Another thing that we needed more of was information on the ...more
Krystal
So I just finished reading Xoe and I’m surprise that I liked it. I really had a great time reading this book. It was a fast read. Xoe has a good storyline but it could have been a lot better. All the characters were good but they were extremely undeveloped. There wasn’t much depth to the characters. Most of the characters well all of the damn characters were mediocre. They all really faded into the background. The only one that stranded out was Xoe. Xoe was a good character she has a lot of ...more
Sami  Myers
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-ebook
RATING - 2.5 STARS

I'm very very unsure I should even be giving this story 3 stars. I need to figure out my rating system, honestly. I may lower it to 2 stars.

What I liked -

I was having a bit of a nostalgic moment flashing back to my Twilight days, which I will admit, was enjoyable.
I didn't completely hate the storyline, as rushed and convenient as it was.

What I didn't liked

The writing wasn't exactly my cup of tea - though it may of been in my past.
These characters accepted everything very
SFReader
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sara is a smart, funny writer I've met through my blog. So I downloaded and read the first book in her YA fantasy series.

Xoe Meyers had a normal life. So she was stuck going to high school, and she only had a few friends to call her own. She liked her normal life. Things were about to change though, because there's a new guy in her small town, and he is anything but normal. Before Xoe can say, "Werewolf," her best friend's life is in peril, and Xoe's world is turned upside-down. Then, of course,
Jodie Bottrell
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG this book is amazing, i only started reading it at 8 o'clock this morning and had finished it by 2pm this afternoon i could not put it down, its just the type of book i love, i am going to recommend this book to so many people, is there another book like this? Is there another book about Xoe Meyers??
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Teen Fury: Unleashed
  • Cornerstone (Cornerstone, #1)
  • Evolution (Evolution, #1)
  • The Vampires Spell (Taken By The Night #1)
  • Entranced (Guardian Academy #1)
  • Atlantis Riptide (Lost Daughters of Atlantis #1)
  • Gateway (The Gateway Trilogy, #1)
  • Falling Dark (The Watchers, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Bound, #1)
  • Pinehurst
  • Jordyn (A Daemon Hunter, #1)
  • Bad Vibrations (The Sedona Trilogy, #1)
  • Deception (The Transformed, #1)
  • Family Magic (Hayle Coven #1)
  • Nolander (Emanations #1)
  • Polar Destiny (The Drowning, #1)
  • A Brush with the Moon (Foxblood, #1)
  • Arrival of the Traveler (Waldgrave #1)
Sara C. Roethle is a Fantasy author and part-time unicorn. She enjoys writing character driven stories in various fantasy realms with elements of Celtic and Norse myth, humor, and metaphysical ponderings.

Her series include:

Tree of Ages
The Thief's Apprentice
The Moonstone Chronicles
Xoe Meyers
Bitter Ashes

Xoe Meyers (7 books)
  • Accidental Ashes (Xoe Meyers, #2)
  • Broken Beasts (Xoe Meyers, #3)
  • Demon Down (Xoe Meyers, #4)
  • Forgotten Fires (Xoe Meyers, #5)
  • Gone Ghost (Xoe Meyers, #6)
  • Minor Magic (Xoe Meyers, #7)
“I was going. Everything would be all right . . . Yeah, and pigs can fly.” 3 likes
“I may be a creature of the night,” he wiggled the fingers of his free hand in the air in mock spookiness, “but I happen to enjoy running water and electricity.” I snapped my fingers in an aw shucks gesture and said mournfully, “You’ve shattered all of my illusions.” 3 likes