Start by marking “Rush (The Boys of RDA, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rush (The Boys of RDA, #1)

Rush

(The Boys of RDA #1)

Librarian note: an older cover for this edition can be found here.

San Francisco is heating up for Aspen Adams this summer.

With grad school under my belt I’m ready to start the next chapter of my life. San Francisco is a brand new city. I have an amazing apartment, a new job, family, and friends to keep me occupied. Life in the city will be easy.

Keep my head down, don’t bre
Published September 2016 (first published March 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Rush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rush

Jacob Proffitt
This story had kind of an odd cadence to it. It's pure wish-fulfillment fantasy (hello, billionaire) so I expect to have to give it some slack. And I did. But some of the relationship beats felt out of place, too. Like a "breakup" before there'd been an acknowledged "thing". Or Aspen thinking Finn's work is play just because his company makes computer games (like seriously, in-her-head thinking this). Or Finn's "friend" Trey putting Aspen through a heavy-handed "test" and thinking that was a val ...more
Kay
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I feel like this book definitely had promise. Aspen recently moved to San Francisco, and meets Finn--a neighbour in her apartment building. They feel a connection immediately, and I thought that they were both cute with each other. Megan Matthews sets up a strong best friend for Aspen, and I really liked meeting her brother. But the promise at the beginning faded pretty quickly. While I generally liked the development of the relationship between Aspen and Finn, I couldn't quite believe her naive ...more
Coco.V
Oct 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/16/2017)!
Gaufre
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF 30%

Good: The male lead, Finn, is a thoughtful funny smart guy. All around well adjusted.

Bad: Aspen, our female lead, comes off as ignorant and at times condescending. Her jokes about his work are not funny.

Finn: It's complicated, but I help create video games for an up-and-coming design company."
"Is that a professional way of saying you play video games for a living?"

... when he explains what he does (again)

"I design and develop the games our company puts out. Either for mobile devices, co
Heather Bass
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read from this author and she blew me away. I love a good contemporary romance but this author exceeded all my expectations. This is the first book to The Boys of RDA series and it was the perfect start. I was hooked on this book right from the first chapter. You can’t but to fall in love with these characters. It only took me a few hours to devour this amazing story.

Aspen Adams just finished grad school and now she is ready for her new life. She moves to San Franc
Felicia
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the story of Aspen who is new to San Francisco. She is living in a tiny apartment in an expensive building. She has a ridiculous list of rules to follow while living in the building.

Finn is staying in the pent house apartment in the same building as Aspen. They meet when she slips in a puddle and he helps her up. They then see one another every day going forward.

Their relationship is weird af. They have like instalust. Which, okay, that's fine. But like the way these two act it's like th
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com

Rush is the first book in The Gaming series and I must say that I was really hooked into the storyline fairly quickly. I love having a geeky/nerd hero and Finn fits that description perfectly but he is also sexy, smart and works in the gaming industry. Aspen keeps running into Finn, they live in the same building and he helps her out more than once when she gets a little clumsy.

The attraction and chemistry between Aspen and Finn is there from the start. When cer
Lindsey
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is sort of a roller coaster... like it starts off strong and then goes flat, then it picks up again, then it goes flat... I'm sort of let down. Lots of overly dramatic and slightly unrealistic dialogue and interactions...
Jennifer Dale
3 stars. A pretty good book.

This is one of those books that u don’t necessarily get to know any of the characters. It’s more of a basic quick read with little, stupid conflict that could have easily been avoided. Not much depth .

You get just enough info about everyone and everything to make a quick read.

All the side characters were ok. Again, u don’t get to really know any of them either. Just a little to help cause drama.

I did find myself skimming here and there just to keep the story moving.
Carol
Typical romance novel with a little smut! I usually don't read this genre, or at least I haven't in years! Quick read, finished it in less than 24 hours!!
Khanique McDaniel
I don't know why this book is called Rush because it is the most laid back novel with laid back characters who stock their closet like Steve Jobs and only hurry for Sunday brunch in the park. Everything is savoured and is basically a day by day recollection of Aspen and Finn's relationship.

A super sweet and nerdy romance, I can honestly say that Finn is the perfect boyfriend, despite his often times childish and oblivious nature. If you want a simple, thoughtful, funny guy who is loaded, then Fi
Janna Chauvin
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 star review
Rush by Megan Matthews is the first book in her Boys of RDA series. This novel follows the live of recent grad school graduate Aspen Adams. Aspen is adjusting to having a brand new start. New city, new apartment, new job. She has a five year plan that will put her on top of the advertising game. With family and friends nearby, life is supposed to be easy.

Enter the handsome and funny Finnegan McRyan, her new neighbor. He always seems to show up right when Aspen needs help. He is a s
Stephanie  Mae
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I want to start off with I loved the names Megan gave her characters Aspen and Finnegan, Finn as he is known to Aspen, they are names I haven't heard before in the book world and I enjoyed using there names in my head while reading. Right so we have met Aspen and Finn and together they heat up the pages with a story that some may find predictable, but I was so engrossed in there lives and the story that I didn't really notice what was really in front.

I could not believe what Finn did at aro
Amber
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the series. Aspen Adams has just moved to San Francisco. Her brother and his wife live there and it's pretty nice to have some family around even if San Francisco is a bit to get used to. She's having a real bad day when she steps off the curb and is falling when Finnegan McRyan swoops in and becomes her knight and shining armor. He is sexy with his lumberjack/nerd look, Green eyes and glasses. It's instant attraction between the two of them. As they spend more and more ...more
Kristen
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored getting to know Aspen and Finn.

Aspen is new to the San Fran area. While walking home she falls, literally, into Finn's arms. Aspen is a strong girl, a little naive at times, but who isn't at the tender age of 23? She finds herself falling more and more for Finn, who from the get go has your heart. he's sweet, a little strange, but he's a gamer. they're all a little strange.

Finn is awesome. he had me chuckling and the author was on point with her humor with him. He's sweet, kind, but you
E.A.
Rush (The Boys of RDA #1) by Megan Matthews was an okay read that was a little bit of a slow burn.

This quirky dream guy fantasy like read has all the things I look for when reading rom-comms. But, I will say that, this book did fall a little short on the flow, pacing and overall excitement.

I loved Finn, he was pure male fan-service. He did have some moments I wasn't fond off, but that just made him all the more real and enjoyable. A billionaire nerd, my dream come true. He really stole the sho
Jade Lally
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rush by Megan Matthews, is the first book in The Gaming series and I’m not going to lie, I think I’m a little bit in love with Finn. I mean come on what’s not to like about a sexy nerd who’s sweet, attentive. caring yet also dominating, protective and just the right amount of possessive? Now I’m not really into video games but my fella is and he works for a gaming company, so I totally get the whole who cares if he spends his day playing games thing that Aspen has going on.
This book is a great
Alisha Kreider
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rush!

This is the first book of the series. It's about a woman who is trying to get her life started after
finishing college and starting her dream career (kinda). She moved in a small apartment in the
city of San Francisco close to her brother. One day it's raining and Aspen is walking into her
apartment slips and falls. When a guy ask if she was okay. Then he opens his umbrella for her
and she tells him that it is okay because she going in to her apartment and drink her
embarrassment away. Finn tell
Naznin Azeez
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
In the beginning, this book held a lot of promise for becoming a great story. It had an awesome male protagonist, Finn, who is anyone's dream guy, a downright perfect gentleman. Then there is the female protagonist, Aspen who is young and seemingly pretty naive. Her best friends are cool. All in all a good set of characters in the story. There is instant attraction between Finn and Aspen. It quickly develops to a stage where they are amazingly comfortable with each other and as a reader your min ...more
Debi
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rush (The Boys of RDA Book 1) by Megan Matthews

5 Stars

This was my first book by this author and I loved it...Was a fun break from the heavier books I've been reading lately, not that I don't love those as well but this one was a lot of fun..Don't get me wrong there were times I wanted to slap someone or throw my kindle at the wall but in the end I was completely satisfied and can not wait to read more of this series and want to check out whatever else this author has available.

I loved the main c
Lucy Berson
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rush, The Boys of RDA #1 by Megan Matthews is your typical, girl meets boy, find out they're neighbors and fall in love story. This was an easy read for me. Once I started this book I could not put it down. I give this book a 4 star rating. This is the first book by this author and let me tell you, I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the series!!

Aspen Adams and Finnegan McRyan how could you not love a story just by these character names… they meet by accident one day. When Aspen is c
Jenni Bishop
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rush (The Boys of RDA Book 1) by Megan Matthews is sweet story that is light and fun and easy to read. The characters are well developed and made me laugh and they found a way in to my heart. I like Megan’s writing style which is inviting and interesting and makes it on hard to put the book down. It is a wonderful romance story that you can’t get enough of. I am loving the best friends and can’t wait to read their stories.

Aspen is upright and the next she isn’t, it seems her knight in shining a
Angelina Frazzini
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rush by Megan Matthews is book one of The Boys of RDA series. This book is a contemporary romantic comedy and the first book I’ve read by this author. I really enjoyed the story.

Aspen has everything going for her. She has a new apartment thanks to her sister in law, even if it has ridiculous rules for her to follow. She is going to stick to her plan and focus on work. When she quite literally falls into Finn, things start to change a little. Finn seems to be around any time Aspen needs him whic
Erica Fish
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rush (The Boys of RDA Book 1) by Megan Matthews is a contemporary romance story with comedic flair. Megan Matthews is a new author to me, and I found her writing style to be fresh and free flowing. The characters are developed and could be friends. The story was genuine and fun. I cannot wait to get into the next story in this series. A little about the story, if you can imagine a graduate student who is ready to tackle the world moves to San Francisco. This is a new start for her and cannot wai ...more
Katherine
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars-Great (had my attention and I enjoyed it),

Standalone within a series. Each book can be read as a standalone but they are all part of the same circle of friends. Written in her (Aspen's) POV. Some sexual content but mostly all story.

I enjoyed this read. Not too long of a book.
Aspen just moved to San Fransisco to be close to her brother now that she finished school. She's trying to focus on her new job and see how she can climb the latter in her career so relationships are not in her plans
Kristen
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rush by Megan Matthews held my interest and I am giving it a rating of 4 stars. When I first started the book I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it took off. The characters were very well developed with their own backgrounds blending well in the story. The two main characters Aspen and Finn were well suited for each other; their personalities balanced each other nicely through the story. The secret that Finn is keeping from Aspen only highlights th ...more
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
This was a quick and easy read. Having not read anything by this author before I wasn't sure what I'd be getting, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I enjoyed the author's style in this book. Her writing was laid back and and she created two likeable characters who I wanted to root for. I liked that they broke some of the typical genre tropes due to Finn being a gamer. I liked his nerdy side, but he also had a slight alpha side in the bedroom. I thought the author struck the balance well to create
Chris
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh

I like the story itself. But the heroine?? If she has an MBA, how is it that half of his vocabulary goes over her head? And what is with her comments about his big words??

I felt like she was written as a dumb blonde. Pulled me out of the story ever time she'd think something along those lines. And it made me wonder what the author thought about the education and classes required for an MBA vs whatever the hero was taking at Stafford for three years.

I guess I'm saying the hero was more believ
Candida Hopper
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rush (The Boys of RDA Book 1)
By Megan Matthews

I enjoyed this cute, romantic quick read. Aspen has just moved to San Francisco to be closer to her brother, I found her to be a lot of fun and relatable. Finn who seems like the perfect guy, he's so sweet and always there when Aspen needs him. As I was reading I kept waiting for the ball to drop because I knew something was coming I just didn't know what. The author did an excellent job pulling me into this story and her detailed descriptions made m
Kaitlynn Taylor
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rush (The Boys of RDA Book 1)- Megan Matthews

5-stars

Rush by Megan Matthews is a phenomenal read that I loved from start to finish. It’s the first book in The Boys of RDA series, a series I can’t wait to continue with. This romance read is sweet, steamy, fast paced, emotional and truly captivating. Once I started reading, I couldn’t bring myself to stop! Aspen and Finn really intrigued me, and I loved how their relationship progressed so quickly, they fit together perfectly!

I found myself easily
Making Connections: 4653. - RUSH (The Boys of RDA #1) by Megan Matthews 1 8 Oct 30, 2016 08:27AM
  • F*cking Shattered
  • Playing Fate (Endgame Series #1)
  • Only By His Touch (Only, #1)
  • Playing for Love (Playing Series, Book 2)
  • Die By the Drop (Shivers and Sins #1)
  • Celestial Desire
  • Falling For Jax (Falling #3)
  • The Darkness Series (Darkness, #1-3)
  • She Wants Her
  • This is Me. (This is Me., #1)
  • After Twilight
  • Promises Kept
  • Hope Series Box Set (Hope #1-3)
  • Lucky
  • Veil of Secrecy (Shadows, #1)
  • Hellraiser
  • DragonFly (Missions of The DragonFly Squadron #1)
  • Let's Play Ball
Megan Matthews writes smutty romance by day and hides behind her secret identity as a responsible Pinterest mom when other parents are around. She believes morning shouldn’t start until noon and chocolate should be calorie free. Living in Michigan she prefers sun over snow, hot chocolate over coffee, and wine over beer.

She’ll pick a book over nature every day. Megan once displayed the entire Goose

The Boys of RDA (5 books)
  • Lag (The Boys of RDA, #2)
  • Grind (The Boys of RDA #3)
  • Quest (The Boys of RDA, #4)
  • Hack (The Boys of RDA Book 5)
“I guess I'm going to look the other way while Finn steals third.” 2 likes