Start by marking “Behind Her Eyes” as Want to Read:
Behind Her Eyes

Behind Her Eyes

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  43,935 Ratings  ·  8,440 Reviews
Don’t trust this book. Don’t trust this story. Don’t trust yourself.

‘Sarah Pinborough is about to become your new obsession’ Harlan Coben

David and Adele seem like the ideal pair. He's a successful psychiatrist, she is his picture-perfect wife who adores him. But why is he so controlling? And why is she keeping things hidden?

As Louise, David's new secretary, is drawn into t
Published January 26th 2017 by HarperCollins Publishers UK

To ask other readers questions about Behind Her Eyes, please sign up.
Patti Hacht Not even close!!! Dumbest "twist" I've ever heard of. If they think this book is the "thriller" of the year, they'll be greatly disappointed.

Sooooo…more

Sooooo tired of people pushing an agenda with the ending the author chose. Actually it's disgusting.(less)
Mark Ryder
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-publisher
This might be one of the most difficult reviews I’ve had to write in the entire time I’ve been writing reviews. How does one convey their thoughts on just how addicting, intriguing, and consuming of a book this was, without exposing all the delicious spoilers that make it such a fun read? Behind Her Eyes was the 200th book I’ve read this year, thus completing my Goodreads challenge early, so I guess you could say I’ve read quite a bunch of books in 2016. Out of all those books, this one will sta ...more
Emily May
A lot of readers are going to feel let down by this book. I'll try to explain without giving away any spoilers, but I will be talking about things revealed in the first few chapters.

Firstly, the book gives up too much too soon. It's about a beautiful, upper middle class couple - David and Adele - who on the outside appear to have the perfect marriage. Louise works for David, though her attraction to him, and her secret friendship with his wife, brings her closer and closer to the skeletons in th
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*4.5 stars*...Sickeningly delicious storytelling!

Boom. That ending. That "WTF-That-Ending" heard ‘round the world, or at least, the social media book-reading community.

It feels like this author just said, “Know what? Screw this, I’m doin’ it”, and then she did it.
Seriously. She WENT for it.

It’s been a while since I’ve been legitimately shocked as a reader, and I don’t care how much this ending can be reduced down to utter nonsense, I’m embracing the hell out of it and you can’t stop me.

Becaus
Meredith
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Behind Her Eyes is very readable; I couldn’t put it down and I was constantly trying to figure out what was going to happen. However, once all was finally revealed, I came to the conclusion that I did not like this book.

It’s nearly impossible to write a summary of the events of this book without giving too much away, so I am just going to keep it as this: A man, his wife, and his secretary get caught up in a tangled web.

I know that I am in the minority with my feelings about this one.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Holy shite balls people!!!

Okay, so I checked my Overdrive this morning and it said this book was going back in 4 hours so I thought I would try it right quick. I COULDN'T put it down! Funny to think I probably wouldn't like it!

Let me tell you, this freaking book blew my little mind! Just right out into space!!!

There are mixed reviews about the book like there are many books but I don't give a rats behind because this book was AMAZEBALLS. Talk about crazy train!!!

So, Louise is a single mom tha
Dem
2.5 Stars

If I had known then what I know now I may not even have bothered reading this Novel as I felt it strayed from psychological thriller to Fantasy/Paranormal which didn't work for me.

I have a hard time suspending disbelief at the best of times in books and therefore stay away from novels where fantasy or magic realism play a role but I do like a good well written Psychological thriller and have read a couple this year that I really enjoyed. While Behind Her Eyes is unique and well writte
Larry H
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Umm, seriously? What did I just read?

Sarah Pinborough's new book, Behind Her Eyes is one crazy book, one that at different times had me totally hooked, rolling my eyes, predicting (incorrectly) how the plot would be tied together, and then, ultimately, re-reading the last few chapters a few times to make sure what I thought happened actually did.

So, let's see how to review this.

"Secrets, secrets, secrets. People are filled to the brim with them if you look closely."

Louise is a single mothe
Paromjit
This is a character driven psychological thriller. It is well written enough to keep the reader engaged. The three main characters of Louise, David and Adele are unlikeable. Louise finds herself involved with David who turns out to be her new boss. She runs into his wife, Adele, and a cloying, claustrophobic, but close and secretive relationship develops between them. Since her divorce, Louise has had a stagnant and isolated personal life, and she needs the attention she has begun to receive. Da ...more
Celina Grace
Jan 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised that, in an era where Donald Trump becomes president and Britain exits the European Union, that this book is lauded as one of the top psychological thrillers of the year. I could have overlooked the pedestrian prose, the utterly unlikeable (and unconvincing) characters and the plodding plot (done much better by other writers a billion times before) because I was looking forward to the twist of the year.

To give an indication of just quite how bad it actua
Kaceey - Traveling Sister
Get ready for a wild ride! This was not what I expected, though I wasn’t even sure what was in store for me when I started this read. But I’d read enough reviews to know there was an off-the-charts spin at the end. Even forewarned, it still stopped me in my tracks!

Told from 2 points of view.
Adele - married to David since she was a teenager. She is beautiful, ethereal, with a hint of vulnerability that draws people to her. Only she may have something hiding beneath the surface. (Well, of course!
Norma * Traveling Sister
What?  Ugh!  Seriously?

Oh my I don’t even know how to rate this one let alone review it! So for now 3.5 stars rounded down.

Did this novel pull me in?  Most definitely!  I was hooked right away and absolutely could not put this book down. It totally consumed me and I was constantly trying to figure out what the heck was going on!  Was it him…..was it her….and then the ending….oh brother, seriously!  That is what my thoughts were exactly after reading!

BEHIND HER EYES by SARAH PINBOROUGH was an int
Maureen
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who's a clever girl then? No not me! The author Sarah Pinborough. When I say she's pulled a blinder with the conclusion of this book I'm not exaggerating.

Louise is a single mum on a rare night out when she meets a man in a bar. They share a drunken kiss and then he leaves, but Louise can't stop thinking about him, she felt a connection during their very short flirtation. When she arrives at the office after the weekend she's introduced to her new boss, and yes it's 'the man in the bar' David. It
Linda
"Love dies hard, you know?"

And that eye, fully dilated and widely on alert, says it all.

Now, let me just say that this one is not gonna be on everyone's radar. Having read Mayhem and The Language of Dying, Behind Her Eyes ventures into a deep psychological pond. The fish swimming there seem to glide against the tide of reality. You really wouldn't want to go wading into that pool of murky water on your own.

Louise, a single mom and a part-time employed secretary, dips her toes into that pond one
Jennifer Masterson
Brilliant! Just brilliant! This novel! Wow! Just wow! If you like unpredictable thrillers than you should check out "Behind Her Eyes"!

I listened to the audio version. The audio is awesome. The last 10 minutes turned this book from a 4 Star to a 4.5 Star for me! What a freaking ending! I was worried that I would figure out the ending because I read a bunch of reviews. Nope! Complete shocker! I love crazy endings!

Great audio! Would make a great first listen. Wonderful narrators.

Highly recommended
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Holy shit.

You're either going to love this thriller with a hint of supernatural or not at all. That ending though!
Karl
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps "Behind Her Eyes" is a solid four and 1/2 stars, however the round up is necessary so as not to round down, in order to not give a false impression that this book is a fantastic read. Ms. Pinborough is a fun, sly and smart author when all is said and done.

So why quibble over that half a star ? To be honest I had some slight issues with the beginning of the book, which were overcome the further the story unfolded. My fear was what I call "The Gone Girl" syndrome, where you have this appre
karen
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-from-work
oooh, goodreads choice awards semifinalist for best mystery! what will happen?

some years back, i was at BEA with greg, and we were on line for something or other, and he’d wandered off to a nearby booth while i held our place. there was a gaggle of librarians behind me in line, and the boy-librarian was holding court, impressing all the girl-librarians* with his game of thrones knowledge by giving a highly detailed and booming synopsis of everything that happens in A Storm of Swords, which i had
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shelby *trains flying monkeys* by: Angel Gelique
I know you love the internet. I love the internet too.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF HELLO KITTY DON'T GET SPOILED IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO READ THIS BOOK! You know some turd is going to do it...so stay far away from the reviews.

I'm going to try to not spoil nothing but I'll gif the heck out of the review and annoy half of Goodreads anyways.

These three main characters are not your friend. At least I hope the heck not. They are some selfish, mean ass characters.

Sorry, Janis..these people are both types.

Then
Suzanne Leopold
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Louise is a divorced mother working as an assistant in a psychiatrist’s office. On a night out, she meets a gentleman in a bar, they share drinks, a connection, and a kiss. The following Monday, Louise is nervous about meeting her new boss. She is introduced to David, and is horrified. Her new boss is the mysterious man from the bar!

A few days later after dropping her son off at school, she makes a new friend named Adele. Louise senses Adele is lonely and seeking friendship having just recently
Julie
Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough is a 2017 Flatiron publication.

The reviews for this book were amazing for the most part, so I was eagerly awaiting my copy from the library. In the meantime, I got acquainted with the author by reading “Mayhem”, which was pretty good, and made me even more excited about delving into this one.

The book gets off to a sinister start because Adele and David are obviously having a hard time in their marriage. David appears to be the classic abusive control freak,
Diane S ☔
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lor
Oh dear, well........ let me just say this is very inventive, very imaginative, but just couldn't go there. A little too much for me, too twisty, too much back and forth. Who is telling the truth? Nothing ever certain, even if you think you know. Dislikable characters to boot, well except for little Adam, who is actually a minor character. Loved her last book, but this one, can't say I enjoyed. Though I know many loved it and many more will.

ARC from Netgalley.

j e w e l s [Books Bejeweled]

I read BEHIND HER EYES a few months ago when I received the paper ARC unexpectedly in my mail. Thank you Flatiron Books! I appreciate the hard work that you do to promote authors and new books. Having said that, I am always a bit leery of books that are sent out to the social media world with such grandiosity and heavy-handed publicity. Can't a great book get footing on its own? Sadly, maybe not. Oh well, never mind that thought.

I am somewhat of a realist, but I'm open-minded and curious about
Susanne Strong
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Crazy Frakking Stars.

Oh My Gosh. What did I just read? I haven't the faintest idea! Crazy with a side of Tabasco thrown in? Something like that.

And now for my review? I don't even know what to say. First, this book is bat-sh&t cray cray. Second, you must believe the hype people, it's real.

So what’s the story? Louise, a single mother, is out one night having a drink – there she meets a man (David), whom she is immediately drawn to. The night is mostly innocent, though there is an instant c
Debra
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
This is how you write a psychological thriller!!!!! Holy Hell! I DID NOT SEE that ending coming. Please, Please, Please, READ this book but do not read ahead!!!! Do not peek (or scroll) to those last remaining pages, Don't spoil it for yourself. I LOVE when a book can take me by surprise. I read A LOT and when a book can pull off a Mind Fuck like that - I love it!!!! First off, this book grabbed me from page one and did not let go and by then end I was excited - not sure if this is correct. I wa ...more
Victoria Schwab
I was so convinced I had this one figured out. I was wrong.
*TANYA*
I'm torn up about this book...the beginning was good, the middle dragged and that ENDING??!!? Is it just me or should some of the genres associated with this book include fantasy or perhaps paranormal??? Somebody tell me what I just read!!! Lol.
Skyler Autumn
2 Stars

Um No. I've had little think and I've come to the conclusion I did not like this book after all. Its very "readable" as I flew through it and enjoyed the read during the process, but afterwards it left a bad taste in my mouth and the more I pondered what I just read the more I was just irritated and felt cheated.

Behind Her Eyes is a perverse menage trois type deal between unhappily married husband and wife, Dave and Adele. And the single mother Louise that drunkenly kisses Dave one nigh
Malia
When a book comes with the hashtag #wtfthatending, I am intrigued and slightly dubious. However, in the case of Sarah Pinborough's latest, Behind Her Eyes, the hype is justified.
The story is told by Louise and Adele, two women who meet after Adele's husband, David, takes a new job at a doctor's office where Louise works. Louise is a single mum, newly divorced and a bit down, and she is quick to form a deep tie with Adele. Yet, she also quickly notices something is quite odd in Adele and David's
Melisa
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I don't even know what just happened. #wtfthatending is right.

All I'm gonna say is suspend your disbelief and go along for the ride. That is hard for me to do too, just do it and you will be pleasantly surprised. That is all.
Holly  B
NOW I understand the Title!

You have to read until the very last page to learn the final "twist". I really enjoyed this mystery/psychological thriller and wanted to find out what was going on in Adele and David's marriage. I "had" to find out! I was turning pages quickly and very interested in what Adele was "up to" . Was she hiding something?

I was so curious about Adele and wondering if something was really wrong with her! She is quite the actress .I was totally invested in the story until the
Changing identities 2 10 Jul 08, 2018 02:40AM
Wouldn't a better ending be... 2 71 Jun 03, 2018 07:04PM
has anyone read th8s book. 23 233 Mar 14, 2018 07:57AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough - Starting October 26th 2017 12 40 Oct 31, 2017 06:05AM
Read More, Relax ...: Opening of Book 5 24 Oct 18, 2017 01:57PM
Read More, Relax ...: October Book 1 10 Sep 27, 2017 07:51AM
Sarah Pinborough is the NYT bestselling and Sunday Times #1 Bestselling author of 'Behind Her Eyes' which has sold in over 25 territories thus far and is in development for television with Left Bank productions. She has also written books across a variety of genres including the YA thriller 13 Minutes (in development with Netflix). Her next novel 'Cross Her Heart' comes out from HarperFiction in t ...more
More about Sarah Pinborough

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
  • Horrorstör
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
  • Since We Fell
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Monkey's Raincoat (Elvis Cole, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“Everyone has secrets, Lou,” she says. “Everyone should be allowed their secrets. You can never know everything about a person. You’d go mad trying to.” 7 likes
“There's no right and wrong with feelings. There is only what there is.” 6 likes