Start by marking “Hard to Get” as Want to Read:
Hard to Get

Hard to Get

A standalone romance with a happily ever after! Includes a 10,000 word excerpt of ON THE ROCKS by Hildred & Cynthia

What do you do when the hottest and richest woman in town asks you out?

Run, apparently.

NADIA

Published September 29th 2016 by Barachou Press

To ask other readers questions about Hard to Get, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard to Get

Diane Wallace
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh! Not much that i can give about this story -- way too long, 'REALLY!' Missing from this storyline also was all the 'BDSM' kinky stuff and its nowhere to be found - just some exotic graphic sex scenes....

** LOV2! you're the culprit that nudge me to this book :D
Arien
DNF @30%. I'm not the target audience. All they do is obsess over sex, money and power. It's as emotionally deep as a puddle. Bonding in this book is liking the same TV shows, after that they discuss brands, being rich and how they lust after each other.

Eva knows Nadia is the right one because her cunt feels better against her face than all the other hundreds of chicks she's fucked while Nadia lusts after everything Eva is - a beautiful and vain extremely rich heiress that can't keep it in her
Dee
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Dee by: Pat Bane
Let me count all the ways this story didn't work for me, no let's not!

I lost count of all the derogative comments and assumptions made about people, regardless of wealth, or lack-thereof, gender, sexual orientation, lesbian, bi, gay, straight, vanilla or kinky.

I'm still unsure if this story was supposed to be peppered with humor, an outright piss-take, or just plain ignorant - and frankly I don't care to analyze it for a second longer.

2 stars for being relatively well edited, I only noticed a
Alexis
This was surprisingly good.

The story revolves around billionaire heiress Eva Warren and Nadia Gaines who is the receptionist for billionaire CEO Ethan Cole. Every time self proclaimed diamond dyke Eva has a meeting with Ethan she just can't help but flirt with the gorgeous Nadia who keeps turning her down because Eva is such a player.

Because of a prank Nadia finds herself trapped for a working weekend along with none other than Eva. Finding it harder to resist the striking blond she finally giv
Val
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an okay book. It took me forever to get into it though. I had a few times I wanted to smack the main characters because they were acting like dumbasses. It has some light BDSM in it so if that's offensive to you, don't read the book. It's a fairly predictable story but one does (eventually) become invested in seeing how it turns out. There are erotic scenes in this book, but they happen about every 3 pages such that it becomes tedious after a while. Oh yeah, and this is the longest beac ...more
Elizabeth Mathis
What do you do when the hottest and richest woman in town asks you out?

Run, apparently.

NADIA

No one has seen more billionaire-matchmaking carnage than Nadia Gaines, receptionist to the most expensive office around. If it's not some old (and married) guy trying to impress her with diamonds and trips to paradise, then it's...

Well, it's Eva Warren, an old-money heiress whose tabloid exploits are as sordid as they are really, really gay.

Nadia is no stranger to lesbian lust. But no matter how much sh
Amanda
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
What a vapid, irritating collection of characters! Occasionally some insightful observations about gender identity, PTSD, misogyny, and homophobia snuck in (almost as if one of the two authors wanted to give this lesbian sexfest some substance), but mostly it's mean, shallow women who are consumed by issues of money and status. It gets 2 stars instead of 1 because, in spite of what a shit show this book was, I finished it in record time. Must be something to that...
Kath
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had a bit of a love, hate relationship with this book. Intriguing and frustrating at times.
Paula
I really like it but it was a little too long.
I got a little bored reading it and I drop it, than I got back and you know, it worth the read, but some parts were super unnecessary and made me get super bored.
Also, really hot, a lot of amazing sex scenes, but I'm not a big fan of the MC thinking about random things during sex, I prefer something more focused and stuff, but it's really good, really hot and I'm soooooooo in love with Eva, oh God.
And some moments I got lost on who was talking/thi
Joc
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Weird... I wasn't able to connect with either of the main characters, even after 400 pages of reading. Eva is described as suave, flirtatious, in control and elegant - and then she opened her mouth and out popped a teenage boy. The descriptions of Eva and Nadia don't tally with their behaviour or their conversations. They had no meaningful relationships with any of the secondary characters and it seemed like everyone was marking time until the end of the book. Even the sex scenes lacked chemistr ...more
Heather Henkel
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun story

This was a really fun story to read. I like the characters and how they had to learn to trust one another. It was a well rounded story. The sex screens were also quite good.
Laurel
Oct 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Really bad. Absolutely terrible writing and boring characters.
Jam Jamz
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh

This story took so long to get through. The character of Nadia Gaines was excruciatingly difficult to bare, Eva Warren is like a wannabe Victoria Blake, and the book as a whole is utterly droll. I need a break from Billings and Danes. And seriously, can we pay a little more attention to the covers of these books. If you are lazy and just copy and paste a couple of models "looking" lesbian pictures that are used on other books, then do us a favor and just have the cover as text titled. I say t
Line Bookaholic
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5/5

This was a really interesting read. Although I'm not usually into these kind of books, I'm trying to be more open about new adult books and read more of them. This one was free and seemed cool.

It was really great. The relationship between the two main characters was great and the dynamic of the book was well handled, even if I thought it was just a bit too long.

But this book also has a strong message. About relationships between women and the effect it has in our society. It made me think
Cindy Stein
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesfic-romance
Nadia is the receptionist at a billionaire's investment company. Because of what she sees on a daily basis, she's adamantly against dating someone rich, even the hot Eva Warren who flirts mercilessly with her. The book is about the ups and downs of their romance, divided into 3 parts: Hard to Get, Hard to Keep, Hard to Stay.

This is a long, long book. Almost too long. Some strong editing could have made it tighter and better. It's not that the characters aren't well drawn or the plot isn't inter
Kimberly
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More please!!

The story of Eva and Nadia really has it all. It tells the story of an attraction between two people that can't be denied no matter how hard one tries. It also shows how this relationship grows into a love that will not denied. The connection these two have is one that we all hope and wish for. The sex between these two wow!! More please! The only thing I disliked was at some points at the beginning I couldn't figure out who the narrator was.
Betty BoomBa
May 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Couldn't finish this. Sorry.

Dora
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

This was an awesome story! This book was well written and a blisteringly hot look into another type of genre (lesbians). Cynthia Dane and Hildred Billings didn't skip over the tough stuff, instead diving right in and letting us see the messy along with the awesome. Nadia Gaines works as a receptionist for Ethan Cole who is engaged to Jasmine Bliss. Jasmine and Nadia became best friends when Jasmine used to be Ethan’s assistant before sh
Zingari
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I need to stop reading these. I really REALLY do. The insecurities are killing me, and the horrible people who inhabit these books are driving the nails into my coffin.

This one wasn't as toxic as the others, thankfully. I actually rooted for them, and I'm glad it ended... well?

Like the others, this novel was self-aware. It acknowledged the frustrating "will they won't they" at the beginning. It's nice when characters/authors can make fun of themselves. It was longer than it needed to be, for me.
Susan
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eva has been trying to get with Nadia for a really long time. I am very familiar with both of these ladies from other books by Cynthia Dane that I have read and enjoyed, and have been hoping for them to get together. I love how the book shows how love is not always the traditional way of between a man and a woman. It also shows how unfortunately a lesbian relationship can be treated differently by others. All of this is done though in a well written, humorous, and dramatic way. I love how Cynthi ...more
Arsie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
First off, I didn't finish this book. Maybe it gets great, further in, but I couldn't take any more. The dialogue is TERRIBLE. If I had a dollar for every cliche I read in the first 8% of the Kindle edition I attempted to read, maybe I'd be a billionaire lesbian heiress. There's nothing so far to make you care about any of the characters. I gave up in the middle of the most boring sex scene--yes, that's right, I gave up in the middle of two people having sex which is somewhat the point, no? But ...more
Janice
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

The main couple, their friends, other couples, major and minor, all the characters are so well-written. The story moves along so well. I keep saying, about some stories, "I'm not really into X, but I enjoyed this particular story.". At some point, I may have to stop saying that! In the meantime, I'm not really into BDSM stories, but this was about so much more than that, and it was done well. Worth the read, even if you're not into that.
J.R.
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A secretary plays hard to get with rich girl.

If you really want me for yourself and not a plaything then you have to prove it said the secretary. Will she enjoy the complications that go along with dating a rich person? Enjoy!
Goodreads customer
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2 can play that game

Wow! What a story. Eva and Nadia made a,good match. They proved that love conquers all. Many obstacles to overcome but that they did. Read their story. Enjoy your time getting lost in this web of love and deception.
Eryn
Jul 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Didn't finish... characters were dull and the story wouldn't end.
charles clayson
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
🔥💭HOT & STEAMY💭🔥
Make sure you have plenty of cool 😎 beverages close by!😍. Cause once these two get past the hard to get game . And start with the bedroom games this is a sex fest! 😍 . Holy shit .
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Finally Nadia and Eva's story!!

Nadia Gaines has resisted the flirtations of Eva Warren for quite awhile but a weekend with her boss and the rest of the billionaires in this universe, she finally gives in. Even after an amazing night together, Nadia is still not convinced that Eva is right for her and continues to avoid her advances. Eva is determined to convince Nadia that her opinions of Eva aren't accurate and they could be great together.

I have loved all of the stories from this universe and
Doreen
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Terrific romantic romp.

Eva and Nadia are the lesbians at the heart of this novel. Money, trust, family and fame are just some of the factors keeping these hot to trot women apart. Eva is a playgirl heiress with tons of baggage and a persistent flirt. Nadia works the reception desk at a firm where Eva has frequent meetings. Dating Eva isn't an option for Nadia, despite the serious attraction that she feels. Eva's life and bedroom come with a revolving door. As an out and proud butch lesbian and D
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
What do you do when the hottest and richest woman in town asks you out? Run, apparently.

Another supremely well-written story by Cynthia Dane that once you start reading, it'll be hard to put down.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance readers copy of this book.
Christina
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down

I could put myself in this book. It made me start to fantasize about meeting someone myself, the only difference is the money

• On the Auction Block (Slave of the Aristocracy, #1)
  • Gratis: Transformation (Gratis Anthologies Book 3)
  • In The Moment Part One (Moments #1)
  • Lady in Red (The VIP Desire Agency, #1)
  • A Cut Above (Lakeside Hospital, #2)
  • Readerotica Vol. 1
  • Driftwood Deeds (Breaking in Waves, #1)
  • Love Out of Order
  • Gratis: Midwinter Tales
  • Dare to Love (The Beautifully Broken, #4)
  • Agent Colt: Classified Pride (Colt Information Agency, #1)
  • Tanner (Black Widow MC #1)
  • Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year
  • Second Chances (Dreams Come True, #2)
  • Honor Roll (The Dean's List, #2)
  • The Wrong Place at the Right Time
  • Losing It After a Day at the Beach
  • Holiday Hook Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls #4)