Start by marking “Christmas at Swans Nest (Lotus Bay Mysteries #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Swans Nest (Lotus Bay Mysteries #1.5)

Christmas at Swans Nest

(Lotus Bay Mysteries #1.5)

The holidays are fast approaching, and Kathy Grant is hard at work on the renovations of her soon-to-be bed and breakfast. An unexpected winter storm disrupts her friends’ plans, and it looks like her B&B will have to open a little early. And then there are the cryptic notes that hint of a treasure to be found somewhere in the house. Will Kathy and her friends find a c ...more
Published November 1st 2016 by Polaris Press

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Swans Nest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Swans Nest

Karen
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New Years Eve I bought myself Christmas at Swans Nest from Amazon.ca. I love Lorraine Bartlett and the Lotus Bay Series, this is book three and it is the perfect holiday short cozy mystery. I find that with each of the stories I read from Lorraine my heart grows for each and every character she writes. The best friend due of Kathy and Tori is one I could totally relate to. Through all these girls go through you cannot help but be thrilled when things start to go so much better for Kathy! Makes o ...more
Jeanie Jackson
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x2018-read
Happy holiday tale

Kathy's hard work renovating a neglected old house into a bed and breakfast is becoming a stressful job in spite of the support of her wonderful friends but a little Christmas magic could change her outlook.
Bree
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A sweet littleMystery

A lovely holiday mystery of wonder and delight. Have you ever had a mysterious note send you on a wild hunt that ended in wonder and joy? Well, neither have I but with this book I was able to do that and more. I love that this sweet and quick read gave me the delight of a mystery and a bit of a background to a place I love to visit in books.
Kim
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With Christmas, just days away and Kathy and Tori having recently acquired their new properties they plan on staying at Tori’s and having a no frilly’s celebration. An unexpected winter storm changes Anissa, Noreen and Paul's plans of leaving town so they join Kathy and Tori at the Swans Nest for a Christmas Celebration.

This is a really great short story to read at any time but especially around the Holidays. I enjoyed reading more about Tori, Kathy, Anissa, and Noreen friendship. Also, I liked
Diane Yonchuk
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my second visit to Lotus Bay and I'm enchanted! The characters are rich with depth yet to be plumbed in future volumes. Lorraine Bartlett has a real talent for forging realistic relationships between her characters that make the reader wish to be part of their close knit circle. I was tickled to see the trio of Tori, Kathy and Anissa, expand to include Noreen and Paul. Their "adventure" during the snowstorm and power outage was a lot of fun, and as all Christmas stories should, had a war ...more
Terri
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this story. Now am going to start the series.
Janet
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read of friends celebrating Christmas with a small mystery added in.
Misty
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

Very short but still a very good story. I think I will be reading more books by this author. definitely.
Marcia
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: x2017, holiday, mystery
Short follow-up to With Baited Breath. Didn’t advance the series—just a quick holiday story involving the series characters.
Amy
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kathy is working hard to get all the renovation work left to due on Swans Nest done before the May 1st opening date. Christmas is approaching and not looking the merriest this year.
A snow storm, power outage, good friends and a treasure hunt that leads to a surprise from the past bring the meaning of the holidays and friendship to light.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Pamela Priest
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this Lotus Bay short story. Having lived near Lake Ontario, the author has described just what it is like during the winter time there, and I love it! I love the feeling of home and friends this story exudes. It is well worth the short time it takes to read it! You come away feeling good!
Jeannie
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this mini mystery. The setting is Christmas at the Inn that Kathi is trying to get up and running on a low budget. A power failure, snow storm and her friends help her discover the meaning of Christmas despite her worries. The treasure hunt that weaves through the story line adds some holiday fun.
Linda
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kathy has no time to think about anything but all the chores remaining to finishing her renovation of the Swan's Nest before its opening date of May 1st. But a snow storm, power failure, good friends and a mysterious treasure hunt all help remind her of the true meaning of the holidays and friendship. Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Linda
Kathy Grant is busy renovating the B&B she hopes to open soon when she finds herself and her friends stranded because of a huge winter storm.

An interesting story but like many short stories it left me a little wanting.
Kandi A. Hudson
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting Short Story

This was an interesting story about a hidden treasure, good friends, and good times at the Christmas season. I enjoyed the characters and nothing beats a quick cozy mystery for a quick read.
Brenda
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this cute story about Kathy and her friends.
I really was not sure what to expect but it was a pleasant surprise. Short little stories are a nice break from a heavy read.
It was a nice touch to add the recipes of Kathy's cookies at the back.
Barbara Boykin
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I really enjoyed reading this short story. I liked the characters and how they all enjoyed being with each other.
Kathy
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I love all of Lorraine Bartlett books no matter what name she uses they are all great to read. I can't wait till the next

Glenda
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
good series
Stephanie Hobrock
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best Gift

Great little story about the folks in this series. I love to read about good friends, and renovating old homes, who knew Tori would give Kathy the best gift after all!
Marilyn Slusher
Jan 18, 2018
Gail Hind
Dec 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The immensely popular Booktown Mystery series is what put Lorraine Bartlett’s pen name Lorna Barrett on the New York Times Bestseller list, but it’s her talent -- whether writing as Lorna, or L.L. Bartlett, or Lorraine Bartlett -- that keeps her there. This multi-published, Agatha-nominated author pens the exciting Jeff Resnick Mysteries as well as the acclaimed Victoria Square Mystery series, and ...more

Lotus Bay Mysteries (3 books)
  • With Baited Breath (Lotus Bay Mysteries #1)
  • A Reel Catch (The Lotus Bay Mysteries Book 2)