Start by marking “Little Monsters” as Want to Read:
Little Monsters

Little Monsters

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  8,256 ratings  ·  1,653 reviews
Kacey is the new girl in Broken Falls. When she moved in with her father, she stepped into a brand-new life. A life with a stepbrother, a stepmother, and strangest of all, an adoring younger half sister.

Kacey’s new life is eerily charming compared with the wild highs and lows of the old one she lived with her volatile mother. And everyone is so nice in Broken F
Published July 25th 2017 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Little Monsters, please sign up.
Sarah Kitley I just read this, and being on the younger side, I would say a 14-15 year old could read this. It might make some of them uncomfortable, but I think…moreI just read this, and being on the younger side, I would say a 14-15 year old could read this. It might make some of them uncomfortable, but I think everyone 14+ could at least handle it. There is a lot of swearing, and the things the characters do are DEFINITELY really dark, but it IS a murder mystery. It follows the thoughts of a murderer sometimes, though. Just know what you're going into before you do. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Aliza
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  8,256 ratings  ·  1,653 reviews

Start your review of Little Monsters
Miranda Reads
The Last 50 Pages - A Reenactment:

Ohmygosh. OH. EM. GEE. No way. Oh. My. Gosh. No way in hell. No motherfudging way.

*muted screaming*

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week. *takes a bow*

*thunderous applause*

Joking aside - wow. Just wow. I did not see that coming.

And because I hate spoiler-y reviews, I will not be talking about that at all. But seriously, check out this book solely because the " that " in this book made it all worth it.

So here's the non-spoiler-y review:
/>So"
Chelsea Humphrey
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-publisher
I’m such a sucker for any novel boasting the comparison of a Pretty Little Liars reading experience; I’m not certain if it’s because I love revisiting the high school scene (albeit only in my mind) or if I just love books filled with drama, but this story had both and I was pleased as punch. Little Monsters is my second read from author Kara Thomas and certainly won’t be my last. I feel there was night and day growth that happened between the two books; this type of advancement between novels is precisely what I’m ...more
Larry H
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

"Girls are not princesses, and I know all the possible endings to the stories about the girls in peril. They're rarely happy."

After her troubled relationship with her mother became too much to bear, Kacey Young moves to the small town of Broken Falls, Wisconsin to live with the father she'd never met and his family—his wife, his 13-year-old daughter Lauren, and his stepson, Andrew.

It's hard to stand out as the new kid in a small town, so Kacey is grateful when
Chloe
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was okay but I didn't really care to find out what happened and wasn't shocked by any of the twists. I definitely would have DNF'd it if I wasn't listening to the audiobook.
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it

I have such a fascination with evil teenage girls - how dangerous it can be to be one, getting caught up in obsession, secrets, jealousy, and that deep desire to fit in. The realization of what being one can hold..how easy it can be to be underestimated. To learn how to get what you want. Manipulation. How com/>
Lola
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Brrrrrr. Goosebumps. (And it’s really hot here, so it’s definitely the book.)

Halfway through the book, I realized that Kara Thomas is also Kara Taylor, who wrote Prep School Confidential, which I LOVED. If I’d known that, I would have read this book before it even came out.

There are authors that like to explore genres. They write contemporary romances, only to switch to fantasy later on and maybe try some mystery/thriller along the way. I hope Kara Thomas sticks to mystery, because
Kayla Dawn
09/24
Rtc - this was just kind of ridiculous tbh

10/13
Uhm I kind of waited to long to write this review and now I don't remember what I wanted to say lmao I'm sorry

Basically, I just didn't like the plot or the characters.
Everything felt overdone and unrealistic and as if it was just written to be shocking (which it wasn't lol).

Yeah, that's about everything I remember... so obviously this book had a really big impact on me.
L A i N E Y
“But I never say anything. Because there are things that are too fucked up to tell even your best friend”

I am by no means a psychic but I can tell you right now how Kacey’s future is going to go: (view spoiler) And who could blame her?

Just two months ago, I wrote in my review for 13 Minutes that I need to stay away from mean girl book since it didn’t work for me. Yet here I
Carol (Bookaria)
Well, in this story we have three teenage friends: Kacey, Bailey and Jade. Kacey is new in town and is devastated to learn that Bailey has disappeared and is presumed dead by many of the people in the town she lives in, but worst of all is when Kacey starts being considered a suspect in the investigation.

I listened to the audiobook so to me it seemed like the book had different narrators but after reading some reviews it appears that Kacey was the main narrator and some sections of the bo
Erin
Y'all Little Monsters by Kara Thomas is AMAZING!!!

I haven't read the author's first novel The Darkest Corners, but I will be reading it soon. Little Monsters is gripping from the first page to the last. Its fast paced, skillfully written, and creepy as fuck. The plot is "Ripped from the headlines" I won't tell you what that headline is because I want you to read this book. Just like the real life story this book is inspired by Little Monsters will chill you the bone. Little Monsters
Trina (Between Chapters)
I really liked this! It was intriguing from the start and I think it would have good reread value once you know the truth of things. It really kept me guessing if this was a murder, runaway, or something supernatural. The way the evidence was uncovered kinda reminded me of Making a Murderer or the first season of the Serial podcast. YA mysteries about missing girls are a dime a dozen but I thought this one was a solid, gripping read! It does deal with mean girls and frienemies though, if that's ...more
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Evil isn’t a spirit or a monster or a ghost. It lives inside regular people, and it doesn’t know the difference between night and day.

Somewhat slow, antagonizing, and gripping, Little Monsters was a very surprising read for me. This was my second read from Kara Thomas, and I believe it was the better of the two, comparing it to her other book, The Darkest Corners.

Nonetheless, this was still as slow, but I think in terms of story and characters, Little Monsters was much more enticing and thrilling. Kara has a great way of
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Little Monsters was such an unexpected thriller for me. I'm usually amazing at guessing who the culprit is within the first couple of chapters of a thriller but Kara Thomas totally blindsided me in this one. We follow Kacey who's the new girl in Broken Falls. Her two best friends ditch her when she's supposed to attend a party with them and the next day, one of them is discovered to have gone missing. Kacey finds herself as the prime suspect as things start unfolding and I'm still just blown awa ...more
Dannii Elle
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the author, Kara Thomas, and the publisher, Delacorte Press, for this opportunity.

Superficial me was sold by the cover of this and read nothing more of the synopsis than, 'For fans of Pretty Little Liars'. Those two things were enough to intrigue me and I am so glad this book lived up to my early excitement!

Kacey is the new girl in town with a mysterious past. Her new step-family are wholly accepting o
Kathryn
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

All the ghost stories got it wrong: evil isn’t a spirit or a monster or a ghost. It lives inside regular people, and it doesn’t know the difference between night and day.

I fell in love with Kara Thomas after reading her breakout hit Darkest Corners. She possesses a rare talent for spinning a mystery that perfectly balances both inner and external conflict. Twists never come at the expense of character development. And the why is equally important to the who. After how impressed I was with Darkest Corners, I de
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I gotta admit you guys, I thought I had this figured out at the halfway mark, but BOY WAS I WRONG. This was a surprisingly great YA thriller and I really enjoyed reading it. Would recommend picking it up if it interests you at all
Nenia ⚜️ Author of Filthy Trash and Unhinged Psychos ⚜️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'm low-key shocked that this book doesn't have a bigger following, because this is the Gillian Flynn-esque mystery that I have been seeking out for months. Some YA thrillers try to sugar-coat, but LITTLE MONSTERS, as befitting its title, doesn't hold back. From the beginning to the end, Kara Thomas lets you know that girls are more than capable of being the creatures you fear when you're falling asleep in the dark, only deadly - and real.

Kacey has recently moved in with her father and stepmother
Jennifer Kyle
4 STARS

[image error]

Kara Thomas delivers a twisty well plotted teenage suspense novel. I enjoyed the story, the characters, and the writing.

When one of three best friends goes missing, lies, secrets, and a urban legend play a role as the truth is slowly unraveled.

"Jae was the best friend, and I was the extra friend. There are things you tell your best friend that you don’t tell the extra friend.”
Mary
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh. It took me a while to process life again after finishing this book, because everything is a lie, I cannot trust any person ever again and nothing has meaning anymore. Yes, it was that good. If there’s something that I love, it’s books that completely screw up my perception of reality and keep me literally at the edge of my seat. Little Monsters did just that. I already kind of knew I would love it, because I read Kara’s The Darkest Corners last year and absolutely adored it. Little ...more
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

It's honestly been so long since I read this and I don't remember that much. And I really don't want to waste my time typing a full ranty review. Mini review it is.

Literally no one was likable. Save for the sister and brother. The mystery was definitely not what I expected but not in the good way. I personally found Kacey to be really dumb. And the two other girls to be obsessive, possessive, manipulative, and truly evil. I would take The Plastics (Mean Girls) any day over these gi
AMEERA
DNF 59%
alice (arctic books)
You can read this review and others on my blog, arctic books.

I don’t read many thrillers, but I’m always excited to pick one up. I had heard so many raving reviews for LITTLE MONSTERS, such as those from Alex @ Fiery Reads and my IRL friend who loved Thomas’s first novel, THE DARKEST CORNERS. LITTLE MONSTERS is one of the most game-changing novels I’ve read this year, filled with twists and turns I didn’t expect.

LITTLE MONSTERS follows Kacey as she tries to figure out what happene
Mary  Carrasco
Aug 07, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
From start to finish, Little Monsters, felt liked being trapped in the worst aspects of high school. The characters were despicable, full of petty jealousy, ugly gossip, backstabbing and self-depreciation. None of these characters were happy...ever! The plot was lost in all of the drama and the ending fell flat on it's face. Ouch. Damn me for being too stubborn to put a book down even when I sense that it's going south. From time to time, I find YA novels that I truly enjoy. This was not one of ...more
may ➹
hey everyone, i actually wrote a review the day i finished the book!! i'm so proud

basically this is one really big rant so enjoy :)

- this book features: some really messed up characters
- like really messed up
- messed up to the point where i feel uncomfortable and scared and weirded out
- TOO many messed up characters
- is there no one normal here??
- kacey says she’s like a some really angry messed up (gasp) girl or whatever but like,, doesn’t act like it mos
Yna the Mood Reader
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
"That was when I decided that all the ghost stories got it wrong: evil isn’t a spirit or a monster or a ghost. It lives inside regular people, and it doesn’t know the difference between night and day."
📚 Series: No.
📚 Genre: YA Thriller.
📚 POV: Multiple.
📚 Cliffhanger: No.

⚠ Content Warnings: I prefer not to divulge anything. 😉😉
⚠ Read if: you are a fan of shows or books like Pretty Little Liars

I read Little Monsters as an audiobook, and I definitely enjoyed this experience.

The book is a real entertaining read that delivered the promise of a thr😉😉
⚠No.
⚠Multiple.
📚Thriller.
📚No.
📚
Tammie
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-books
I really enjoyed this one-solid 4 stars. Kacey is new to Broken Falls-after having issues with her mother, she moves in with her father, step-mother, step-brother and half sister. Kacey likes her new life-her family life is stable, Broken Falls is a nice small community and she makes two really good friends-Bailey and Jade. Things aren’t always as they seem though and after a party that Kacey wasn’t even invited to, Bailey goes missing. Thus the mystery begins.
Little Monsters is well-written an
ℨαrα
This book actually started off well enough, but as it progressed it became apparent just how messed up EVERYONE is. I found the characters to be very dramatic too. I also saw the ending coming from miles away. So unfortunately, this one was a letdown.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: July 25, 2017
Genre: Young Adult Mystery & Thriller
Actual Rating: 5 stars

WOW! This book went beyond my expectations. Kara Thomas SLAYED Little Monsters. I am so glad I decided to give it a chance because I didn't much like her first novel, The Darkest Corners. Anyway, this book is perfect for fans of young adult mysteries and thrillers. This one gives us a juicy look at jealousies that go on in high school and how such jealousies can lead to murder!

I h/>/>
Thomas
An entertaining thriller about three teenage girls and their twisty, dangerous friendship. Our narrator, Kacey, enters the secluded town of Broken Falls as the lonely, mysterious new girl. She befriends Jade and Bailey, two tight buddies who let Kacey into their circle and invite her to everything. However, one night, Bailey goes missing after a party, and Kacey finds herself stuck in a web of lies, drama, and scandal surrounding Bailey's disappearance. Soon, Kacey learns her mistake in trusting ...more
Relationships - Acceptable or not? 5 67 Nov 19, 2018 10:52AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Little Monsters by Kara Thomas- Starting September 2nd 7 42 Sep 11, 2017 01:43PM

• People Like Us
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • Sadie
  • Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1)
  • Broken Things
  • The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
  • One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)
  • Wicked Little Secrets (Prep School Confidential, #2)
  • Undead Girl Gang
  • Deadly Little Sins (Prep School Confidential, #3)
  • Sawkill Girls
  • Prep School Confidential (Prep School Confidential, #1)
  • There's Someone Inside Your House
  • This Lie Will Kill You
  • Lock Every Door
  • Genuine Fraud
  • Bad Girls with Perfect Faces
  • Neverworld Wake
Kara is the author of THE DARKEST CORNERS, coming April 2016 from Random House/Delacorte. She is also the author of the Prep School Confidential series from St. Martin's Griffin under the pen name Kara Taylor. Kara has written for Warner Brothers Television and currently writes full-time on Long Island, where she lives with her husband and rescue cat.
“Hope is the most dangerous thing you can give someone.” 21 likes