Start by marking “Christmas at the Cat Cafe (Cat Cafe, #2)” as Want to Read:
Christmas at the Cat Cafe (Cat Cafe, #2)

Christmas at the Cat Cafe

(Cat Cafe #2)

Christmas at the Cat Cafe is the wonderfully festive sequel to Melissa Daley's uplifting tale, Molly and the Cat Cafe. The Costwolds' town of Stourton-on-the-Hill has its very own cat cafe. Resident cat Molly, and her kittens, live here in feline paradise, while owner Debbie serves the locals home-made goodies. But even in the most idyllic surroundings, things don't always ...more
Published October 20th 2016 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at the Cat Cafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at the Cat Cafe

Start your review of Christmas at the Cat Cafe (Cat Cafe, #2)
Carrie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Christmas at the Cat Cafe by Melissa Daley is the second book in the contemporaryCat Cafe series. When I first noticed this series I thought maybe they were a cozy mystery or romance type of read but what we actually have is the story told from the point of view of Molly the cat and it's actually a lot of fun to read.

In the first bookMolly had been a very spoiled feline living with her elderly owner and the two being inseparable. Unfortunately for both Molly and her owner as time passed her
Jackie Roche
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Helen at TBC and the author for giving me the opportunity to read this which I voluntarily reviewed.
This was such a change from my usual diet of murder and mayhem.
I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Molly the cat, her kittens and the humans in her life.
I love cats and thought a cat cafe was a lovely idea, not realising that they actually existed!
My granddaughters also love cats so I bought them both this book. They were so enthralled that they immediately bought book 1 and
Yvonne
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cat cafe? A family of cats? I’m there. Being the cat lover that I am, I couldn’t refuse the opportunity to read and review this one. This is the second book in the Cat Cafe series. Even though I haven’t read the first one, I totally enjoyed this book. The author gives readers all the background information needed throughout this book, but I do intend to read the first one.

The book is told from the cat’s point of view. I will just get this out there from the start - it is not a paranormal or
Jenny
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general
Christmas at the Cat Cafe is book two of the Cat Cafe series by Melissa Daley. Molly the Cat and her feline friends were living in paradise at Stourton-on-the-Hill Cat Cafe with the owner Debbie who provided the community with beautiful treats. However, her haven was threated when Debbie's sister Linda came to stay with her dog, Beau. The readers of Christmas at the Cat Cafe will continue to follow Molly to see what happens to her and her friends.

I enjoyed reading Christmas at the Cat Cafe. I
Susan Angela Wallace
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Christmas At the cat cafe by Melissa Daley is a lovely feel good read.
The Costwolds' town of Stourton-on-the-Hill has its very own cat café. Resident cat Molly, and her kittens, live here in feline paradise, while owner Debbie serves the locals home-made goodies. But even in the most idyllic surroundings, things don't always go to plan . . .
When Debbie's heartbroken sister Linda arrives at the café, Debbie insists she move in. But Linda is not alone, and the cats are devastated with the arrival
Vanessa Wild
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another heartwarming episode in the life of the Cat Cafe in the Cotswolds. Like the first book, Molly and the Cat Cafe, the story is told via the delightful voice of Molly the cat, who has just the right amount of superciliousness and superiority in her manner as that of all our feline friends.

It is a lovely and humorous little tale with a message for us all. There is darkness amongst the Christmas cheer and celebrations, as it covers such subjects as estrangement, homelessness,
Sue Clement
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A must for all cat lovers out there. A beautiful story told by Molly (a cat). It took me a few chapters to get into as I had never read a book before where the story is told by a cat. However the story was well written and kept the reader absorbed in the story and the lives of Molly and the characters around the cafe. Beautiful and I'll never be able to look at a cat in the same way again.
Lauren Watkins'x
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book via #TBConFB.

Told from Molly's (Mum kitty) point of view, this book will grip you from the very first page. It was the title that got me - Cat's & Christmas, what's not to love?

A fun Christmas novel that will help get you in the festive mood, recommended to all fans of Rachel Wells.
Julie Smith
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Told from Molly's (the mother cat) point of view this book is about love, loyalty and ultimately letting go. I really enjoyed this book and could relate to it.
JoAn
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Christmas at the Cat Cafe by Melissa Daley was a sweet story set in the Cotswolds. Molly, a cat, and her kittens live at Debbie's Cat Cafe in the small town of Stourton-on-the-Hill. Molly is of the opinion that life is perfect but there are some trials ahead for Molly, her kittens and Debbie as Christmas approaches.
A smoothly paced plot with a unique viewpoint, Molly's, and likable characters that welcome you into their lives as you read. A lovely afternoon read that reminded me of what
Lisa Morin
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a feel good, fun, holiday story.
I always enjoy this type of story year round and this one kept me entertained from the beginning to the end.
Thank you to the author, the publisher and NetGalley for approving me to read and review an ARC of this book.
Emma
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016

Christmas at The Cat Cafe. By Melissa Daley

This is the second in a series, but it does not matter so much in this instance as the story is cleverly woven to intimate at all the pertinent back story so as to enable this to stand alone as a beautiful Christmas tale.

The continuing story of Molly the cat who is the inspiration for a cat cafe where the feline personalities are just as important as the flavour of the coffee or delicious sweets available behind the counter.

Molly and her brood are to
Marie
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily wrote this review for TBC and the publishers.
This is the second book in the Story of Molly the Cat and her kittens - oh and dont forget her family Debbie, her owner and Sophie her daughter.
Set in Stourton in a cat cafe we are introduced to Linda - Debbie's sister - who comes with a lot of baggage - including a dog!!! When it seems things cant get much worse for Molly the cat, along comes Ming - a siamese cat who is making herself at home in the cat cafe.
Melissa Daley has a
Linzie Aucote
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
If I could give 4.5 I would.
This is an unusual story and well written, a cat called Molly is the main character with her kittens and their father and then their owner Debbie who runs the cat cafe where they all live.
At first I wondered how this story would work but I have to say it was a pleasure to read. Molly's story is lovely and I'm sure many of us can relate to some of the issues she went through. I think this story carries many messages we could all learn from.
I received this book from
MetLineReader
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2016, tbc-recommends
A lovely touching story of Molly which has multiple layers with relationships, affection, adolescence, misjudging people (and cats) and loss. What appears a rather simple book actually has more depth than meets the eye.

The author has an easy writing style that draws you in -- I particularly liked the personification of the cats which was done without losing the essence of what it is to be a cat!

3.5 paws from me
Shirley
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Christmas at the Cat Cafe, it was such a lovely heart warming story that was just perfect to snuggle up with on a cold, wintry morning! Really love the cover of this book, so beautiful!
Sharon
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. I read the first book in the series & this was just as good. Would recommend this to all cat lovers. Thanks to TBC for the review copy in exchange for an honest review.
Susan Johnston
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Princess Fuzzypants here: This is a novel, written in the first purrson, by Molly, the namesake of the Cat Cafe. Life is pretty good for her and her four kittens and their dad who divides his life between being outside and inside. The cat cafe is successful, a warm and welcoming place until the arrival of an uninvited and unexpected visitor: the sister of Molly’s human, Debbie. Debbie is a good hearted person who cannot say no. So when Linda and her yappy dog Beau descend and take over, the calm ...more
Dianne
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book and I liked the way it was told from the cat's POV -but in a way, I also didn't like this book because it just seemed so depressing to me. Lost cats, lost husbands etc.

I admit that I AM a big girl and know that kittens leave their mother's and leave the nest (so to speak) but I am also the type of cat lover that doesn't allow her cats out in the world. So I was torn by this book.

The POV was refreshing but I found myself wanting to yell at the cat to 'talk to her owner'.

The
Charline Bonham
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cats
This is a delightful book even though I wasn't sure about it at first. I thought it might be more of a children's book but not at all. It is one that would interest teens though. Molly is the resident cat along with her kittens. Even a cat's life does not run smooth. Debbie runs the cafe and takes care of Molly and her kittens. When her sister comes for a visit everything changes and not always for the best. It takes a while for Debbie to see she must stand up for herself and her family. ...more
Penmouse
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Join Molly, Jasper and the rest of the feline gang who tell their stories from their cat point of view as they observe the doings at the Cat Cafe owned by Debbie. Author Melissa Daley's writing has captured the charm of cat ownership, and how cats view the world. The cat illustrations used throughout the book are the icing on the cake, or perhaps you could write Devonshire cream topping your scone.

The Christmas at the Cat Cafe book would make a perfect Christmas gift for any cat lover.

Highly
Ferne
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who has ever experienced the unconditional love and purrs of cats/kittens.
After reading "Molly and the Cat Cafe" I could not wait to read the sequel and thankfully I purchased both of the titles at the same time.

Melissa Daley writes from Molly's (tabby cat) point of view and these two (2) novels are extraordinary and will delight all who have ever shared their life journey with the pitter patter of kittens and cats and especially know the depth of joy that their unconditional love and purrs bring to daily living.
Literary Soirée
Who could resist that cover and a holiday story at a kitty café? Not moi! And oh does this darling sequel to Molly and the Cat Café, written from the feline point of view, deliver. 5 of 5 stars!

Thanks to the author, the publisher and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine. Pub Date 23 Oct 2018. #ChristmasAtTheCatCafe.
Nicola Clough
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great follow on from the first book and with it being about Christmas it's even more entertaining and it's such an uplifting read and will have you hooked from the first page and Greta to hear all the antics from the cats.
Can Christmas bring everyone together at a difficult time and will the cats all be happy and will the cat cafe be able to continue.
Manon
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute book!
Jo Barton
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Molly the cat shares her life with her five kittens and her owner Debbie who all live together in the delightful Cotswold town of Stourton-on-the-Hill. Together they run the idyllically named Cat Cafe where tea and biscuits are dispensed with love and wisdom. When Debbie's's erratic sister, Linda arrives complete with her dog, Beau, in tow, well, you can imagine just how the dynamics of the cat cafe changes overnight.

What then follows is a delightful tale of how two very different sisters try to
Dianne
I didn't want to post this as a review that is why I didn't give it any stars -but I can't seem to find an area in which to post my opinion and get it out to all my friends.

I really want to read this book when it comes out and its sister novel Molly and the Cat Cafe Molly and the Cat Cafe (Cat Cafe, #1) by Melissa Daley but when I looked at the price I almost fell off of my chair. My library doesn't have it and no telling if they will buy it if there aren't enough of us asking for it.

I can understand that book prices are not going to stay
Susan Corcoran
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a charming, heart warming and gentle read. I admit to being a bit of a grump when Christmas is mentioned, but Melissa's Daley' s book managed to make me feel Christmassy! I loved the way the tale was told through the voice of the cat, it made the tale feel unique and added extra charm. I adored it. Even though it's the second in the series, cleverly Molly's early story is weaved into the story, making it easy to read as a stand alone read. It really is delightful.
Jo
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect follow up to Molly and the Cat Cafe and the perfect book for any cat lover. It was happy. It was sad. But I loved it all and I have my fingers crossed that there will be another book as I would love to know what happens next to Molly and her brood. Thank you to TBC for my copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Brooklyn Tayla
« previous 1 3 next »

• Meer dan ooit
  • De stroopwafelshop
  • Mijn jaren bij de politie
  • De mooiste dag van je leven
  • Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #21)
  • Jingle Hell
  • The Secrets of Winterhouse (Winterhouse, #2)
  • Grappig jammer
  • Alfie the Holiday Cat (Alfie, #4)
  • Thuis mag ik niet meer zeuren
  • Toen ik dood was
  • Zwijg
  • Volg me
  • Die Katze und der General
  • Knap voor een dik meisje
  • Ik mis je
  • Christmas on the Island (Summer Seaside Kitchen #3)

Cat Cafe (2 books)
  • Molly and the Cat Cafe (Cat Cafe, #1)