Start by marking “Out of Bounds” as Want to Read:

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  3,534 Ratings  ·  411 Reviews
The first rule of football--don't screw with a streak.

My career is finally looking up, and I'm leading a new pro team down the field every Sunday. No way will I mess with that. But when I meet the most stunning and captivating woman I've ever seen, I tell myself one night will have to be enough.

But it's not. And now I can't get her out of my mind. Even when I'm playing. E
Published November 22nd 2016 by Bloomsbury Spark

To ask other readers questions about Out of Bounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Bounds

Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
Why can't life be like a Lauren Blakely book? Is it too much to ask for to run into a sexy, half-naked pro athlete on a beach? We sadly can’t all be as fortunate as the heroine in the author’s new novella, Out of Bounds but we can be satisfied with reading about the scorching hot romance between protagonists, Dani Paige and Drew Erickson. I’m always on the lookout for a book that will make me smile and swoon, which is exactly what Lauren Blakely delivers with Out of Bounds.

What’s better than a
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
I might seriously have to start battling the other fan-girls for the number #1 fan of Lauren Blakely. She writes sweet. She writes sexy. She writes in male POV. She writes in female POV. She writes businessmen, lawyers, bartenders, firefighters…etc. And now she's added football star to her list of leading men. And, being a huge football fan, this gave me all the football romance feels. Hot, sexy quarterback and his stunning, team attorney. Out of Bounds is Drew and Dani's story. Drew is the star ...more
Melinda
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Out of Bounds by Lauren Blakely

When you combine one of your favorite authors with one of your favorite genres, you're practically guaranteed to get a fantastic read. So to say I was thrilled that Lauren Blakely was releasing a sports romance is quite the understatement!

Blakely delivers a deliciously sexy sports novella featuring footballer, Drew and lawyer, Dani. They meet on the beach when Dani checks to see if Drew is hurt after being clobbered by a rogue surfboard and while Dani quickly rea
Shayna
PURE BLISS! No matter the length of the romance, Lauren Blakely sweeps me off of my feet EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The flirtatious banter fly off of every single page, making us fall in love with Blakely's sexy quarterback, Drew Erickson.

Sports romance, romantic comedies, contemporary romances, romantic suspense, erotic romance...it doesn't matter the genre, Lauren Blakely will SLAY each and every one. She continues to climb to the top of my favorite authors list with every new release. I can't get
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Lauren Blakely really is perfect. She writes a story that is engaging with characters that you enjoy and want to get to know.

This was a shorter novel and I was impressed with how much depth of character and development of the story arc that was present, as it was closer to a novella in length. That right there makes it worth of 5 stars, as usually novellas leave me feeling a little unfulfilled, like I wanted more. Ok, so I want more of Drew and Dani...but not bec
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
I don't know how Lauren does it but she makes it look easy. She can write a novella with so much story filled with heart, heat and laughter so completely in such a magical way. She must be a wizard. Yep. That's it...Lauren Blakely is a wizard with words. Anyway...back to the Magic. Out of Bounds is a complete standalone involving a Quarterback/whack-a-mole champion and a surfing lawyer.

It all started with humping surfboards. Drew and Dani first meet in the ocean while surfing. They instantly fe
Lauren Blakely
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this book! It's hot, sexy, fun and a bit forbidden!
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

When I first heard of Out of Bounds, all I said was "sign me the f* up!". Seriously though. A Lauren Blakely sports romance? Yes, please! In this alternating POV novella, she's managed to deliver a swoon-worthy sports romance with her signature wit and humor, lovable characters, and sizzling sexual tension. All wrapped in a quick, fun, and light plot.

Dani Paige didn't know she was ogling Drew Erickson––and she definitely didn't know it when she helped him aft
Choko
*** 3.44 ***

A buddy read with the Fabulous Ladies of the Abtastic Geishas!

This is a short contemporary Sports Romance by one of our favorite young authors write this genre today. My favorite part, as always, is those abs on the cover - I can think of many, many ways to enjoy, I mean research that six pack! We should make it our mission to put it in the Constitution that every woman, or man who swings that way, should have the right to visually appreciate such worthy physique gracing our literat
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦3.5 stars! I liked this sports novella. Quarterback falls for a team lawyer. A bit of forbidden factor as in they are afraid his image would get hurt if he gets involved with another member of their organization.

➦These two were pretty hot together but I kind of slowly started losing interest towards the end. I don't know, I think novellas just aren't my thing because I do seek that in depth character development. But if you are looking for something quick and sexy then this might be for you. :
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Blissfully' Stars!
 photo tumblr_n11n2mfpr01rzr0suo1_500_zps7lkqaf39.gif

As you may know, Lauren is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Well, I was super excited when she announced a sports romance and I have to say I really enjoyed it!

As with most of her books, Out of Bounds is funny, with light drama and extremely hot! Loved the main and secondary characters so much and the relatinships they form. Of course, I also loved the wrting (because this woman is just that awesome!) But I kind of was expecting this to be longer TBH, I really w
Jilly
There is nothing like a Buddy Read with the Abtastic Ab Loving Geishas!

We read books with abs on the cover because someone has to do it. For science!!

Yup, we are sex crazed lunatics dedicated researchers.

So, in this book, we have an extremely attractive and successful couple get together for incredibly good-looking sex and surfing. Proving once again that beautiful people are better than the rest of us.

Them:

Us:
Michelle
ARC provided by author/publisher in exchange fro an honest review

photo 6abf3ba8d6a90a1db41d085b062ec3_zpsvbs4ftjj.gif

TOUCHDOWN!!! Lauren Blakely scores BIG TIME once again with her newest romance, Out of Bounds. From her charismatic and lovable characters, she has truly mastered the art in writing winning heartfelt romance.

photo ec0ec021c611dab16fdab324fc0e4f_zpsakfdltd9.gif“I’m just a twenty-six-year-old guy who’s got his shit together and wants to go out with a woman he works with— a woman who has her act together too. That adrenaline fuels me, pushes me on. Maybe it’s the orgasm high, or mayb
Floripiquita
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Muy normalito. Tanto es así que, 12 días después de haberlo leído, prácticamente se me ha olvidado de qué va, jajaja
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Out of Bounds is a novella, which admittedly isn’t my favorite type of book. However, it’s a sports romance and it’s written by Lauren Blakely, so reading this was a no brainer. The book is signature Lauren Blakely—fun, flirty, and sexy.

Dani is a corporate lawyer tasked with helping to clean up the image of a disgraced professional football team. Drew is a friendly, focused, squeaky clean quarterback who has just been traded to Dani’s team. I love the cute way in which they meet, and t
Jo
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars, gr2017

Buddy read with the lovely Geishas.

This was a really sweet romance with instant attraction, a sexy football player, some hot and sexy times (phone sex included) and very little angst. Just what the doctor ordered because sometimes lots of sweetness with a side of cheese is all you need. My only complaint was I needed more grovelling in the end.

Karen Mc
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Love is not something you go out and look for. Love finds you, and when it does, ready or not, it’ll be the best thing to ever happen to you.”

Football is my favorite sport to watch…live or on TV. I love the fast pace and fierce competition. I love the game. I LOVE FOOTBALL! Hot guys in tight pants with massive muscles scrambling over the ball? Sign me up! Like the game itself, football romances make my heart race and spike with adrenaline, like Lauren Blakely’s newest sensation, Out of Bounds.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, arcs, kelly
Lauren Blakely undoubtedly knows romance! And now, add sports romance to her repertoire! Every time she writes a book, it's magic!

Out of Bounds smolders with heat, desire, and wicked swoon-worthy excitement! A chance meeting between two fantastic characters leads to a straightforward, yet complicated connection. An accidental surfboard injury, instant attraction, and undeniable chemistry...it all lines up to be a hot and sexy read. But when lines cross and the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" come
Casey
3.75 Blissfully Content stars

Uncomplicated and delightfully fluffy. Both of the main characters are good people, which seems rare these days in romance stories. Out of Bounds was a quick read so if you need a palate cleanser to follow a story that left you weepy or questioning humanity, this might hit the spot for you.

Plus, gorgeous quarterback.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
★★ 4.5 stars! ★★

Every once in a while you need a short and sweet story (or quick and dirty, if you will) to read in an afternoon. Out of Bounds fits the bill at only 150 pages, but nothing is left out of this sexy, somewhat forbidden romance. It’s packed with heat, witty humor, delicious dirty talk, and sizzling chemistry!

Dani is a lawyer for a local football team, while Drew is the new star quarterback. After their adorable meet-cute, they find out that they are now working together. While it i
Maayan
It started strong then went downhill when (view spoiler) Unfortunately, this book was a miss.
C.
Sexy Quarterback?

Check.

Joe Hill - Quarterback

Pre-order done.
Talltree
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Low angst and very readable novella length romance between surfer-babe/attorney h and stand up guy/jock H set in LA. 3.5 stars!
NinaReader
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!

A quick fun sexy sports romance by this awesomely smutty author.

I didn't realize how short the story was when I started until I got to the end that same day.

If you're looking for something quick and easy with some hot scenes...this is it.
Aileene
Nov 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
PRE-READ

I’m coming... I’M COMING, ladies.

Buddy read with my G-peeps. Starts today!

>>>>>>>>>>

POST READ

Short story of two good people finding love with each other.

A quarterback who wants best for his team and himself. And a lawyer who maintains her clients out of any scandal and a good provider for her younger sister.

Almost adequate but forgettable story as there was no character depth and no intriguing plot.

Quite disappointed, really, coz this is supposed to be a s
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Blakey Fans, Sports, Romance
4.5 Making It Work So Good Stars
* * * *
So when I think of the next book to read... I ask myself... What Do I Want...and if there is a new Lauren Blakely out there... I will more than likely jump at the chance to consume it immediately. There is no doubt, for me...I will be totally entertained, totally wanting all the action to be happening to me personally, and loving all the heart, care and humor that goes with it. It is a done deal.

Out of Bounds
is a perfect example of this theory.... it is so
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
This book was fine.

Drew was an idiot and I already forgot the leading lady's name. Oops.

I liked the story well enough, but it was missing the Lauren Blakely magic that should have made it really special.

There was a nice section that involved phone sex, though. So, yay!

3 Stars
Alba M.
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Aunque no es un mal libro no ha acabado de llenarme...

Vamos a ver, es una historia corta, eso está visto. Pero es que este instalove que pasa en la historia... meh, no acaba de caer en gracia conmigo.
Por lo demás, es una historia entretenida pero no tiene nada especial, supongo que podrías considerarla una historia para pasar el rato sin nada memorable. Es de esas pequeñas historias para quienes le gustan los jugadores de fútbol 😬
Fanny
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok

He leido algunas lecturas de Lauren Blakely que me han echo pasar muy buenos ratos, por eso cuando vi esta novela no lo pense, no solo era bastante corta ( 150 paginas ) sino que tambien tenia a un protagonista deportista ( mi debilidad ).

Out Of Bounds es de esas historias que empiezan de una manera increible ( sobretodo al ser tan corta ) pero que pierde fuerza en la segunda mitad, ademas la pareja protagonista me encanto en los primeros capitulos pero en las ultimas paginas me di cuenta de cua
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Add sports romance to the long list of things Lauren Blakely dominates, because DAMN!...Out of Bounds scored big!

Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
A #1 New York Times Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's hot, sweet and sexy. She lives in California with her family and has plotted entire novels while walking her dogs. With fourteen New York Times bestsellers, her titles have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller Lists more than 100 times, and she’s sold m ...more