Start by marking “Christmas Makeover (An Echo Ridge Romance)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Makeover (An Echo Ridge Romance)

Christmas Makeover

(Echo Ridge Romance #1a)

Chelsea Jamison has been infatuated with Drew Stirling longer than she's loved playing basketball, high-top sneakers, and the Knicks. Unfortunately, all Drew sees is the kid who kicked his trash in the high school free throw contest and not the girl whose heart breaks into a fast dribble when he's near.
Drew makes an unexpected visit home to Echo Ridge and their friendship
Published September 28th 2016 by Birch River Publishing (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Makeover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Makeover

Start your review of Christmas Makeover (An Echo Ridge Romance)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Very cute and fluffy romance novella (other than a subplot about a high school student with an abusive stepfather). Plus Christmas! And bonus points for a seriously athletic heroine, a high school teacher, who isn't all into makeup and clothes (and despite the title, the guys actually love her the way she is, though they do appreciate the effort when she dresses up).

It's a total wish fulfillment plot, about an old crush who comes back into town, but if you love those sweet contemporary romances
Julie Carpenter
What a sweet, clean and perfect snuggle up inside by the fireplace while the snow falls outside, Christmas read!

I loved Chelsea and her spunky sweet personality. She has several insecurities when it comes to the man of her dreams, her best friend from high school whom she hasn't seen or heard from in 6 long years. Oh how she's dreamed about him from the day of their first meeting but they've only ever been friends and she's not even sure he realizes she's a girl. Ok he knows she's a girl but
Barbara
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free book and voluntarily chose to review it. This is a clean romance with a few kisses. A grown up tomboy is my strong woman in this book. Loved this book.
Kristen
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a super sweet holiday read. Loved both Chelsea and Drew, but poor Chayton, really liked his character too, hope he gets a happy ending. The secondary story of the high school teens was ok.

Moral Note: Talk of abusive father with issues, drinking etc, mild violence with him. Clean romance. No language.
Coco.V
Oct 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/31/2018)!

Blurb:
Drew makes an unexpected visit home to Echo Ridge and their friendship picks up where they left off as they scheme to make a teenaged boy's Christmas
Donna
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different

Not what I expected as a makeover romance. She really doesn’t change. Which is fine because she didn’t need to. This book did spark my interest to find out what happens to Chayton! Yeah, I already bought his book so I can find out.
Cathy
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Are you ready for Christmas books yet? I know I am, I can't wait for Christmas!

I got to read this one again all by itself (it's originally part of Christmas Kisses: An Echo Ridge Anthology) and I loved it just as much this time as when I had originally read it. The characters are cute and I love the way the old department store, Kenworth's becomes a character in and of itself. I loved Chelsea, it was so funny the way that she was trying to sneak around to stay off her best friend, Jessica's,
Maria Thomas
I've read a bunch of books lately that all follow the same formula and I went into this book expecting the same. I got the book some weeks ago and had forgotten what the blurb said so I started reading today without an inkling to what the book was about. The other books I've been reading may have duel points of view but it is generally from the two love interests. Not so in this one. We get the story from the female's pov and then it switches to a male but it isn't her love interest. It is one ...more
Patricia
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great novella (high praise since I don't generally like novellas) that I downloaded at Christmas time but didn't get around to reading until now. This story was just long enough to be just right. (Usually, a novella is rushed and just too short for the story to get traction but not this.)

One thing I really loved as the dialog between the main characters. Brought a smile to my face numerous times.

I also liked the story about Mason twining through the story of Drew and Chelsea.

I can
Darlene
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chelsea and Drew have always liked each other but not until they are older does Drew tell Chelsea how he feels. Too good to be true, because Chelsea would rather wear yoga pants than a dress, Chelsea is blindsided by the woman who answers the phone and says she is Drew's girlfriend. Trust issues always break down a potential relationship. How can Chelsea trust Drew when her heart was broken by her last boyfriend? How strong and persistent is Drew when it comes to winning Chelsea's heart? I ...more
Anne West
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought my copy with the free promo end of October 2018. Nobody asked me to give a review or told me what to say.

This was my first sweet romance read and I loved it. It’s refreshing to read every word on every page and not page past explicit sex or obscene language. The story is easygoing, a beautiful feel good story and ideal for quick reads next to the beach or pool in my side of the world over Christmas.

I loved the characters. One can’t help but love them and root for them. I also think the
Lin
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was such a cute and fun reading! I got into the story quite easily. I loved that it started fast, it made it very easy to read.
The characters were nice and the romance between them was lovely.
I enjoyed very much the side story about Mason it was so intriguing and cute.
The main plot was delightful. I liked Drew and Chelsea they were honest. However, I'm not sure why felt like the story was a bit shallow and a little rushed in the end. Aside from that, I enjoyed it! real rating 3.5
Kathy
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the relationship between Chelsea, high school teacher and coach, and her best buddy, Drew, from high school, who has just returned to town. She's a spunky gal who really wants to move their friendship to the next level, but his words and actions confuse her. However, their innate goodness and support bring them together to truly help one of her students who is living in a horrible situation. Jason's substory, and the store accident in town, truly shone a light on the goodness of most ...more
Courtney
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, 2019
Wonderful, very well done. I really enjoy reading novels by Cami Checketts, and I have read many of them without any disappointment! This storyline was so realistic, it took me by surprise the depth of the emotions that were expressed through these characters. There are not many times that a novel will completely take me by surprise, but this one did and I was pleasantly shocked and happy that it did.
Pat Rathmann
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A NICE HOLIDAY ROMANCE

A cute and entertaining pre Christmas story about two best friends who connect and realize their feelings for each other. Also their desire to help the less fortunate around the Holidays especially a young boy who always stays positive and does everything to help his poor struggling family.
Kim  Dennis
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
The second book in the Echo Ridge Christmas anthology also had a plot line that isn’t my favorite...a love triangle. It wasn’t a huge part of the plot, but enough that I didn’t really love it. (I also would have preferred to see her end up with the other guy. He’d better get his own satisfactory story later...). However, it was cute enough.
Cheryl
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet Christmas read about longtime friends who reconnect over a Christmas visit. I loved the subplot of helping a struggling family in need. This is a great introduction to many of the characters in Echo Ridge. I look forward to getting to know some of the other characters better in other books from this series. This one is a quick read that helped get me excited about Christmas.
NaDell
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chelsea works in a department store in her hometown and runs into Drew who used to live there (and who she had a huge crush on in HS). They start hanging out like they did in high school-shooting hoops. Her friend gives her a makeover and he finally sees the woman she has become. Sweet and fun, but also deals with some issues throughout the book.
Sandra Hartzel
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had a free copy of this book, but this is my voluntary and honest opinion. Cami’s book is well written. The plot is interesting and has several subplots and turns which hold your interest. Her characters are interesting and face unique problems. I enjoyed the growth of the characters and the story. That it’s seasonal setting isn’t off putting to read out of season.
Ellen White
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chelsea going to the department store, and trying to avoid her friend Jessica, who continually is wanting to make her over. A chance meeting with Drew, having a crush on him from six years ago. He probably didn’t really realize she was a girl, back then. A cute story of how things change
in a few years.
Carol Van
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Story

I really enjoyed this romance story. The best part was how a community came together to buy gifts for a family in need. God gave His son to us as a gift and what better time to think of others than during the season of Jesus’ birth.
Leah Feltner
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cute, sweet, clean Christmas novella that gave me all the feels! All the main characters were very likable, too.

P.S. There is a part about an abusive husband and a part about a high school fight but neither takes away from the story and they are both short parts of the story.
Pat Christie
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ebook

She’s loved him forever and he’s come home for Christmas time. But he keeps saying things like we’re pals, best buddies but he takes her to the Christmas dance and everything changes.
Caroline
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun clean read

A fun friend-zone read. Likeable characters make this short romantic read enjoyable. Just enough tension to keep interest and lead into the next book of the series!
NoraJLeSueur
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Loved the characters and storyline it was well written. The story in a story was interesting, and believable couldn't wait to finish it. I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys romance and a little bit of mystery.
Sonia
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and clean

I really enjoyed this book. It pulled me in right from the start and never let go. I appreciated the fact that it was a clean romance that I can share with my teenage daughter. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Karen
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story with great characters. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Content: clean
Lila
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
I loved the examples of sharing and caring in this book.
Sue Stinnett
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Buds

Two buddies, one male the other female. She has loved him for years but he treats her like a buddy. Is it possible for best friends to fall in love? Very sweet romance.
Tiffany
Super cute read. Loved the secret Santa parts. Mason was a great kid!

• Hope for Christmas (Echo Ridge Romance)
  • Soda Fountain Christmas: An Echo Ridge Romance
  • One Winter Night (Echo Ridge Romances Book 1)
  • The Candy Counter Heiress (An Echo Ridge Romance #4)
  • While You Were Skiing  (An Echo Ridge Romance #1)
  • The Cowboy's Fake Marriage (Clean Fake Relationship, #1)
  • The Perfect Catch (Last Play #9)
  • Her Pretend Billionaire Boyfriend (Clean Billionaire Romance #1)
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Library (An Echo Ridge Romance #3)
  • Seeking Mr. Perfect (The Jane Austen Pact, #2)
  • Sawdust and Mistletoe
  • A Brand New Second Chance (An Echo Ridge Romance Book 2)
  • The Princess Bride of Riodan (Echo Ridge Romance Book 3)
  • The Kiss Thief (Echo Ridge Romance Book 2)
  • The Jilted Billionaire Groom: The Lost Ones (Texas Titan Romances)
  • Her Hollywood Fake Fiance: The Legendary Kent Brother Romances (Christmas Romance Series)
  • Keep Me At Christmas (Romano Family #4)
  • Blind Date with a Blue-Collar Billionaire (Blind Date Disasters Book 1)

Echo Ridge Romance (4 books)
  • Christmas Kisses Collection (Echo Ridge Romance, #1)
  • Kisses Between the Lines (Echo Ridge Romance Anthology #2)
  • Silver Screen Kisses (Echo Ridge Anthology)
  • Second Chance Kisses (Echo Ridge Anthology)