Start by marking “Unus (Stone Mage Saga Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Unus (Stone Mage Saga Book 1)

Unus

(Stone Mage Saga #1)

Struggling barista Constance Flynn is barely hanging on: she's up to her eyeballs in debt, her mother is dying, and she just lost her pet rabbit. But she keeps the promise she made to her best friend, Lexie, for a shopping trip. For the cost of a cup of coffee, she buys the pretty wooden box she can't take her eyes off of. Inside the box is a dazzling bracelet with colorfu ...more
Published October 21st 2016 by Raven Whitney LLC

To ask other readers questions about Unus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unus

Start your review of Unus (Stone Mage Saga Book 1)
Mary
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
just not very good

If you like main characters who spend all their time crying, screaming and wailing, you'll probably like this book. I don't, and was heartily sick of Constance before she got to Alaska, much less once she was a captive. Lots of screeching, lots of gore and entirely too many depraved cardboard villains. No world building to speak of, as Constance gets told about the magic world off-camera, so to speak: meaning we're told she's heard about it from her cell-mate, but given the act
Ruralcindy
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
1st step

Constance is living her life when 2 eerie children convince her to buy a locked jewel box at a garage sale. After pricking her finger on the box, it opens to display a beautiful jeweled bracelet. When she tries it on, it locks to her wrist. Constance is running the coffee shop left to her by her retired Welsh Grandmother. Barely keeping her head above water, she is living with her parents and mourning her pet rabbit. Her best friend is her rich neighbor Lexie.

In this book we get sucked
Gabriel Martinez
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good start for a mage

Beginning stories are the background for more stories to come. Here writing was pleasant and left you wanting more. She just nearly begin to learns her powers.
Patrizia
Abbastanza deludente. Non che mi aspettassi chissà che in così poche pagine, per non parlare del fatto che è il primo di una serie, ma non mi ha presa. La scrittura scorre, ma sono abituata ad altri ritmi, senza contare che sono rimasta con molte domande. Costance trova questo braccialetto a una vendita da garage e quando se lo prova non riesce più a toglierlo: perchè? Ho capito che si deve essere legato in qualche modo a lei, ma perchè non può toglierselo? Se c'è chi lo vuole devono per forza u ...more
Linda
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was not for me. I hate books that are centered on weak, whiny, cry baby females that are suppose to be adults. The main character and her friend are childish. The main character ( I can not remember her name) is mid 20's living with her parents and has to sneak back into her house. She owns a coffee shop that's busy enough for her to buy multi plane tickets out of 1 deposit but not busy enough for her to pay her bills? There were a few seconds of magic, I guess, thrown in and a man in priso ...more
CL Runchey
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Battle of the unknow

I enjoyed this book, it was a fast passed book that keep a high adventure throughout. When the heroin has no idea about magic its an adventure finding out with her.
daffystjob
Nov 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Finished at 61%
The magic was getting a little too unbelievable for me, I just about could accept the regenerating back from DEATH but the possibility to be changed to water just pushed my limits a little too far.
Uju
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I struggled all through this book, I don't see myself continuing the series ...more
Amy
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This would have been so much more enjoyable if Constance acted more like the age age was suppose to be. Her somewhat childish behavior along with all of the completely wild, unbelievable things and Constance 's ability to, for some reason, just be able to accept certain things without question and then not accept easier things is why I'm giving this 3 stars...but if I'm honest it's more like a 2.5. Ooohh and don't get me started on the gory f'd things that happened, which still didn't elicit the ...more
GreggandSarah
Mar 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not for me.

I tried to like this book. I think the author is wildly creative but the pacing is slow. It is vile in its gruesomeness which I don't really care for. I read the whole book and yet still don't really know what this story is about. More importantly, I don't care. I will pass on the rest of the series, it's just not my thing.
Dorn Carran
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book, I was gutted when it ended !!

This is a brilliant book. It is a book about a mystery artefact that turns its owner into a mage. But that is the most mundane part of the story, because the power that Constance not wields as a result, is anything but normal.

The book keeps you intrigued because there is more to her power than seems. She ends up being kidnapped by some powerful but evil mages which opens up the story for a host of adventure, before a bid for freedom is made. During wh
Nicki K.
While Constance seemed a liiiittle underdeveloped at times, I really enjoyed this book. The concept was cool, and the secondary characters were awesome. The book was full of magic, and more than a little creepy. My biggest complaint, however, was how short this was, and how it didn't have a very good ending. I felt like I was missing the second half of the book. I'll read on, but I really hope the future books are a bit longer.

3/5
Kimberly
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for a review.
Unus is the first book in Raven Whitney’s The Stone Mage series, and it is an excellent way to start the series. It started off with a lot of detail, and by Chapter 3, I became so riveted with the plot that I didn’t want to put down my Kindle! I can’t wait until the next book is released!
Desirea Herrera
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

It moved quickly with a lot left to be discerned in the next book. Getting on to the next book now.
Tia
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Scary, Crazy

A simple garage sale find turns her world a asunder. It makes no sense that evil beings want her. They are macabre, killing machines. From a day at the store to a dank, rank cell fighting for her life because, she was trying to save her best friend.

Great storyline and odd, eccentric characters.
Victoria
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Diana Blick
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Not my thing

I suppose this just wasn't my thing; the stone mage concept is interesting, but the book just didn't hold my attention. I lost interest about halfway through.
Aeokie
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am waiting for the next book in the series
Louise B
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Loved it. Very well written and unique story. Characters are brilliant and I am so looking forward to the next book x
Calvin Baker
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good start

I thought the story started a little slow but definitely got moving quickly. Still not sure if I am a fan, yet. Will try next book
Dorothy Roberts
Shannon
rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Caleb's Crossing
  • La pietà dell'acqua
  • Ragionevoli dubbi (Guido Guerrieri #3)
  • Testimone inconsapevole (Guido Guerrieri #1)
  • Gwendy's Button Box (The Button Box, #1)
  • Demon Seed
  • A Hint of Frost (Araneae Nation, #1)
  • Deceived (Soul Keeper, #1)
  • Murdered Gods (Shadows of the Immortals, #2)
  • His To Claim
  • Agent of Enchantment (Dark Fae FBI, #1)
  • A Step into the Dark (Ollie Wit, #1)
  • Chameleon Assassin (Chameleon Assassin, #1)
  • The Jackal Prince (The Wild Rites Saga #2)
  • Destroyed (The Thorn Chronicles, #2)
  • Kissed (The Thorn Chronicles, #1)
  • The Serpent Priest (The Wild Rites Saga #4)

Stone Mage Saga (3 books)
  • Duo (Stone Mage Saga Book 2)
  • Tresia (Stone Mage Saga Book 3)

News & Interviews