Start by marking “Becoming The Wolf (White Wolf)” as Want to Read:
Becoming The Wolf (White Wolf)

Read Book

Becoming The Wolf (White Wolf)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews

Who is JD Ward?

A farm boy with combat experience as an Army combat tracker.
A rookie city cop, burdened to solve a cold case that’s plagued him since childhood.
And a reluctant vigilante known as The White Wolf. A fierce guardian of justice who uses Cincinnati’s forgotten underground—abandoned since the 1920’s—to wreak havoc on the city's most violent criminals.

Now the preda

Published September 28th 2016 by LEO-TRAINER LLC

To ask other readers questions about Becoming The Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming The Wolf

Glen
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: men-s-adventure
A young cop in on the beat in Cincinnati, OH. He's a family man, too.

While on the beat, he has an encounter with some outlaw bikers. The bikers wind up dead. To protect his family, the department frames a fictional vigilante known as The White Wolf.

The vigilante becomes real when the bikers start to assault the city.

Not bad. A few too many coincidences for my taste. A pretty cross between a super hero novel and a Men's Adventure novel.
QueenJ Reads
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first picked up this book, even after reading the summary, I wasn’t quite sure what I was in for as I hadn’t read very many vigilante justice thrillers. But, being that this is a part of one of my favorite genres, Thriller/Suspense, I went for it.
And I was glad I did.
JD Ward, a police officer and former military man also known as The White Wolf who makes violent predators his prey, is a deeply human and conflicted man.
He cares about the world around him, loves his family and friends whole
Roberta
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this riveting tale of justice on the streets of Cincinnati. It was a first novel page-turner, made possible by the bravery of JD Ward, a vigilante known as the White Wolf.

The author is to be commended for doing what publishers always recommend - writing a story about a subject which they are very familiar with. The author has years of experience in different facets of law enforcement. The other thing I appreciated was the fact that he didn't feel the need to infuse flowery,
Brenda Schneider
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very intense thriller. I read in one sitting as I did not want to put it down. I won this book through Goodreads.
Robert D Foxx
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My take on this book

It was really great reading for a first book.can not hardly wait for the next Book. PS. Don't give up on writing.
J.C. Steel
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
JD Ward is ex-military, currently working as a police officer in the outskirts of Cincinnati. With a chief who respects him enough to assign him the nasty cases, a partner who gives him hell on a regular basis, and a young family, JD’s time is pretty much fully spoken for, and that’s before the local motorcycle gang starts gunning for him. After that, it’s going to take all the tricks JD knows to keep himself alive and his family safe...especially with the military reaching out to reclaim their ...more
MA
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways, 2017
I won a free copy of this book through Goodreads Giveaways.

This wasn't my favorite giveaway. It also wasn't my least favorite. It was just slow to read (or slow for me to read - the plot is actually fairly fast paced), for lack of a better phrase.

JD Ward is a police officer that moves his family to Cincinnati in order to do some behind the scenes sleuthing into his father's unsolved murder. This is his entire reasoning for the move, but does he ever get his answer? (view spoiler)
Mike Siedschlag
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Becoming the White Wolf is another of those books that demonstrate just how talented the indie author field is. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to read this book.

The basic story is one of the police building a vigilante crime fighter hero by "bending" some of the facts of a criminal case. Author Neil does a masterful job of creating an almost anti-hero hero. The story is well crafted and kept me engaged through out.

Plenty of action, violence, suspense and terror to keep avid readers of t
Kim A
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. When I received it in the mail I was pleasantly surprised that R.H. Neil had added a personal note. It took me a while to get to the book as I was currently reading another. I loaned this book to my mother and then read it when she was finished. From the first few pages I was hooked. If you've ever wanted justice to balance things out in the world then you will enjoy following JD Ward as he tries his best to do just that. From underground tunnels and ...more
Tom Franklin
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

The main character, JD, shows the human side of police officers. He has a family that he is devoted to and a sense of duty wanting to protect those that he serves. Having been a cop I know that many start the profession with such high ideals only to later be hardened by the job's reality. JD keeps his values while doing a tough job under extraordinary circumstances.

This book is great. I found it hard to put it down and would recommend it to anyone who likes action stores with a human
Carolyn R Swickard
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting first book

Strong characters and fast action. This was an enjoyable read. "Write about what you know" - that certainly comes through in this work. Frustration and pain and strength of character come through as each of the people in the story work through their challenges and problems. There is enough growth in the characters to make me want to read about them again . Looking forward to this author's next book.
Rita
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm glad I finished this one

About 1/6th into the book, I was tempted to put this one down without finishing. When I went back to read a little more, I got about 1/3rd through the book, and this time I was hooked. I liked JD's struggle to find his way as a policeman, partner, husband and father.
greg petersen
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Good read

I like JD, keep the wife liking the white wolf. The good guy doesn't always have to get hurt at the end but manage to pull through and save the day. Sometimes he can just do what he does with out getting hurt o having his equipment break.
Edward Swindelles
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good story with a lot of in-site into police feelings and tactics

Story is full of authentic police methods and underlying personnel thoughts and actions. Look forward to future adventures of the white wolf. Should he be called the blue wolf?
billy
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adrenaline overdose!!!

I loved the story!!! Top notch storytelling. Mr. Neil did a fine job on his first novel. Can hardly wait for future adventures of The White Wolf series.
James Wright
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read.

Very well written and conceived. I look forward to the next White Wolf thriller. Do yourself a favor and read it.
Sean McCoy
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was well-written, fast and exciting. I recommend this to anyone looking for a good adventure.
Charlie Ball
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to the next one.

Surprisingly well developed characters. The people move the story and make the story. Well done. Thanks for your work. Keep your new job.
Vigilant Reader
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title – Becoming the Wolf
Author – R.H. Neil
Genre – Mystery, Suspense, Thriller
402 Amazon Pages
Rating 4 stars out of 5 Posted 2/25/2017
12 - 2017

The story is set in St. Jude, Ohio, near Cincinnati.
Becoming the Wolf doesn’t list Science Fiction as one of its genres but it plays a huge roll in the plot.
J. D. Ward is a farm boy who joined the military and then became a policeman. In a fight with two huge, tough assailants, he is severely injured and ends up in a secret government program where he b
Michelle Olms
Mar 29, 2018
debbie stone
Jun 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I’m an Ohio country boy who joined the Army infantry to escape farm work. I admit, it wasn’t a well thought out plan. I eventually became a police officer, starting out part-time in Jamestown, Ohio. I moved on to the City of St. Bernard, which is surrounded by Cincinnati, and finally retired from Huber Heights.

I served as a patrol officer, detective, field training officer, crime scene investigato

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Shadow District
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 1)
  • The Weight of Lies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker, #1)
  • The Things We Wish Were True
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adversary (A Chris Bruen Novel Book 1)
  • Daisy in Chains
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Jury Master (David Sloane, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines, #2)
  • Pretty Little Things
  • Social Death
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder at the Flamingo (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Wings Of Fire (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #2)
  • Pretty Dead
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mother Knows Best (A Margie Peterson Mystery)
  • Damage Control
  • The North Water
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Watchers Of Time (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #5)
  • Bone River
    $3.99 $0.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
  • Jaws
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Blacklands
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Prisoner of Heaven (Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #3)
  • The Romanov Cross
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Krakow
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
  • A Purple Place for Dying: A Travis McGee Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Dead Water (Shetland Island, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • The Newsmakers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Intrusion (A Chris Bruen Novel)
  • Brighton
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Widow's Watcher
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Livia Lone (Livia Lone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Blood Thing
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Aftermath (Inspector Banks, #12)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Grace
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Carved in Bone (Body Farm, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Of Power (Paul Madriani, #9)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • The God's Eye View
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • Abandon
  • The Things you find in Rockpools
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Through the Fog (Evan, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries, #2)
  • Up Country
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Surrogate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Teacher (DS Imogen Grey, #1)
  • Lies That Bind Us