Start by marking “Mist (The Smokey Blues, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mist (The Smokey Blues, #1)

Mist

(The Smokey Blues #1)

SEEING CLEAR

Someone is distributing drugs out of the nightclub Acoustics, and undercover DEA operative Reynolds Navarro has come to Bristol, Tennessee, to find out who. His prime suspect? The beautiful and deceitful dulcimer player Kylie Barstow Richards, whose drug-dealing husband was gunned down and who now has illicit funds feeding into an offshore account in her name.
ebook
Published September 29th 2016 by Boroughs Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mist

Start your review of Mist (The Smokey Blues, #1)
Jody
From its opening pages readers will find themselves quickly immersed in this atmospheric romance that has music bringing two people together under a haze of deception and suspense. Family and obligations serve as a backdrop to the burgeoning romance that gets put through the wringer. As feelings of love quickly turn to betrayal the past continues to weigh heavily on the hard-fought conclusion which had me guessing until the end.

Kylie thought she had a good marriage with an honorable man until he
Zari Reede
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a reader, I am guilty of choosing a book by its cover. After seeing the cover of Ruby, by Emily Mims, I decided to check out a sample. Realizing that it was a series, I decided to start on book one, Mist, during my vacation to Greece. I love to read everything, but a warm romance laced with some of my own bluegrass roots sounded like the perfect beach read. Emily Mims did not disappoint. Her characters were warm and funny, with real southern dialect, and her background in music leant reality ...more
Katherine Jordan
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a good mystery! I know this is a romance but it starts with a mystery and gets better and better. I could have done without Sawyer; he was a butthead. But you have to take the good with the bad when you are building characters. Kylie and Ren are perfect for each other and mesh well throughout the book. I loved the idea of their club being a stage for up and coming artists. I loved that the whole family was involved with the music and they traveled to other places to get their name out the ...more
Anonymous 5
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Smokey Blues series. It was definitely an enjoyable read and pulls you in from the very beginning. For sure this is a romance, indeed a very captivating one, but the story includes so much more. Suspense, mystery, and betrayal all contributed to a very intriguing read. This is definitely a book where once you start, you keep turning tha pages to see what will happen next. Ms. Mims is a great author and you definitely don't want to miss out. I actually started this s ...more
Jean
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This is book one in The Smokey Blues Series and it is Reynolds and Kylie's story. Omg this book is amazing with all its twists and turns along with betrayal, loss, lies, secrets and deceit and i could not put this book down as it was a real page turner and so addictive. Emily Mims is a brilliant author and writer and she is becoming one of my favourite authors as she pulls you in right from the first page and you have to keep reading to see what happens next. I recommend you read this book and o
Mandy Foley
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How do you trust when you are both holding onto big secrets, romance woven around mystery and crime, a family hiding secrets from each other and the outside world. Emily Mims is a new author to me and I was engulfed in this story from the first chapter, the story flowed while keeping me guessing to who the real criminals were, the romance was emotional, the background of music and talent perfect, I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to read more in the series.

I received a free copy of this
Cheryl Svec
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once you crack open the pages of this book you will get lost in story of romance, lies, suspense and pain. Kylie past put dark shadow on her future. But when Ren comes into her life, the shadows appear to still be around with lies. Kylie and Ren's relationship will pull at your heart as the maneuver through their journey.

Barbara
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the Smokey Blues Series a well written story with a very good storyline, I would say read these books in order, to better enjoy this series. This is widowed dulcimer-player Kylie Barstow Richards and undercover DEA operative Reynolds Navarro who has come to Bristol, Tennessee on a case. He poses as a bluegrass guitar player. I enjoyed seeing this story come together. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Ashleigh
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed reading this book, the author did such a great job developing the characters, that I feel like I really know them, and not just the major characters, but the minor ones too.
The writing draws you in and keeps you involved throughout the whole story.

This review has been voluntarily submitted for your consideration.
Alyssa
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mist is a great Romance-mystery was a fun story. It’s a great mix of suspense and romance that Emily Mims weaves. Kylie & Ren make a cute couple and I liked how deeply felt you could feel the emotions of Kylie especially. It was an intense read, but still quite enjoyable.

SEng
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Kylie and Ren. She plays the dulcimer at the local nightclub. Ren is an undercover detective investigating the drugs being distributed from the club. Kylie is his prime suspect but is she really the one he’s after? I enjoyed this romance. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Melissa  Adams
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What another amazing read. Loved Kylie and Ren’s book. Amazing storyline, great chemistry and a good HEA.

Michele Zurlo
This was a different kind of read for me, full of unfamiliar landscapes and sounds. Being a city girl from Michigan whose favorite band is AFI, reading a story about a bluegrass band with a dulcimer-playing heroine that takes place in eastern Tennessee was definitely something new, but I enjoy learning about new places and new things.

This story is about Kylie, a widowed musician whose husband had been a cheater and a liar. She's tender and doesn't trust easily, so when Ren, a man working with th
Suanne
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
When Kylie Richards and her brother Cooper Barstow open the bluegrass club, Acoustics, they're amateurs at running clubs and fall further behind in their financial obligations. Their increasing debt plus funds that are being transferred from an offshore account lead the DEA to suspect them of being drug runners.

Reynolds (Ren) Campbell Navarro, a guitar-picking civilian from San Antonio, is enlisted by the DEA to infiltrate this suspected drug ring. Unexpectedly, Ren falls for Kylie in a big way.
Brooklyn Ann
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored the undercover premise, coupled with Kylie and Ren's genuine love for music. The culture of the Appalachian music was fascinating, and I especially loved the parallel of Hispanic music included at the end, along with getting to see the hero and heroine from the last book.

The conflict was VERY realistic and heartwrending, but the chemistry and bonding between Kylie and Wren made you root for them.

And the set up for the next book made me begging for more.
Margot Fetrow
C.  (Christy)
Jan 25, 2017
Rajeeva Jayaratne
Jan 26, 2017

• The Prince & The Mommy (The Cinderella Escape, Book 3)
  • The Billionaire Prince’s Stubborn Assistant (Sovalon Royals #1)
  • Shocking Sapphires (Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems #5)
  • Hidden Betrayal (The Jamesons, US Marshals Book 1)
  • Under Your Scars
  • A Shot Worth Taking (Bad Karma Special Ops #3)
  • Big Rock Romance Collection
  • Already Gone (High Sierras, #3)
  • Dead Giveaway (High Sierras, #2)
  • Heart Beat
  • Flash Point (High Sierras, #1)
  • Solitary Man
  • Deadly Purpose (The High Sierras Book 5)
  • Clear Intent (High Sierras Book 6)
  • Hidden Judgment
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • Absolute Power (Absolute Power Duet, #1)
  • Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1)
Author of over forty romance novels, Emily Mims combined her writing career with a career in public education until leaving the classroom to write full time. In addition to eighteen Candlelight Ecstasy Romances under the pen name 'Emily Elliott', she has written two series under her own name, the Texas Hill Country series and the Smoky Blue series, and has completed four books in the Durango Stree ...more

The Smokey Blues (9 books)
  • Smoke (The Smokey Blues, #2)
  • Evergreen (The Smokey Blues Book 3)
  • Indigo (The Smokey Blues, #4)
  • Emerald (The Smokey Blues, #5)
  • Mistletoe (The Smokey Blues, #6)
  • Violet (The Smokey Blues, #7)
  • Ruby (The Smokey Blues, #8)
  • Amethyst (The Smokey Blues, #9)

News & Interviews