Start by marking “Someday (Canyon Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Someday (Canyon Bay, #1)

Someday (Canyon Bay, #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  59 ratings  ·  33 reviews
There’s always a new beginning whispering your name. You just have to have the courage to hear it.

In the space of a few short hours, Chloe’s world does a complete three-sixty. She loses her job thanks to her douchebag ex-boyfriend. Only to come home and catch her current boyfriend and best friend in a compromising position.

When she thinks things couldn’t get any worse; sh

To ask other readers questions about Someday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someday

really liked it 4.00  ·

ItaPixie
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

When I finished this book I was a mess,my emotions were all over the place.

Someday will make you smile and cry,it will break your heart more than once then it will mend it back together again,it will give you Hope and closure.
Liz Lovelock words inspired me and I'll definitely look at life in a different way.

Chloe and Seth journey is not easy.They both have to learn how to trust each other and to overcome the sadness their past brought to their lives in order to be happy.

I loved the scenery.Cany

Alyssa Janine Busia
Someday is a beautiful story of starting a new life while finding light in the darkness.

This novel was about a woman who experienced three bad lucks in just one whole day. Losing a job, getting cheated by her boyfriend and best friend, and finding out that her father might not be her real father was the reason why she set foot on a place called Canyon Bay. It was where she would start anew and she would meet people there that will try to break the wall she build on her heart.

I like how simple
Mari

The cover of this book was too pretty to pass up. This is my first book by Liz Lovelock, I wasn't sure what to expect. Enjoyable and entertaining and certainly not my last read from her.

Chloe has a series of terrible days, talk about pile up of bad news and bad break up. She needs a reset and time to sort it all out somehow. What better way that to leave town for a while. Just what she needed her holiday starts off with a flat tire. Thank goodness for heroic guys right? Enter Seth and h
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Someday's you have good days and Someday's you have bad days. Well Chloe's bad days came in three's with an added bad bonus the next day. Strong willed, Chloe lost her job due to her ex-boss, found out her BF and boyfriend were having an affair and finds out that her father may not be her father after her mom's secret is revealed. Then to top it off, when she decides to leave town for a Holiday, she gets a flat tire. Could it get any worse for Chloe?
Have no fear Captain America is here to say th
Jen
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
So I have to admit that I don’t think I fully read the blurb for Someday because my reaction to the first three chapters of the book was holy dramafest batman. It was a trifecta of romance drama tropes all in one, all that was missing was an oops baby. It quite frankly caught me off guard. I understand what the author wanted to do, Murphy’s Law or the law of three’s, but it seemed a bit much to me especially when added with the flat tire. But once I got over the drama, I found a cute, sweet stor ...more
Melanie
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Chloe has the worst day of her life she gets in her car and leaves for Canyon Bay after seeing a photo of the place depicting the beauty, peace and tranquility she needs right now. After a flat tire on the way leads to a hero hottie stopping to help her, she finally gets to her destination and it doesn’t take long for her to see her hero, Seth, again.

Now there isn’t much I can really say plot wise because it will be a spoiler I think. I will say that this is a story of new beginnings for C
Teri
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Got a chance to hit my tbr stack with this read and a great choice it was. Okay she's a little spoiled and bratty but to hit the trifecta all in one day is more than most mere humans can bare. She has the day from hell that would be enough on a one on one basis and hits the road. Seth another wounded soul ends up being her "Captain America" and rescuing her. Now this is a nice easy angst, some emotional stuff, and a friendly helpful spirit. It's emotional so yeah you will get the feels from thes ...more
Penny Leidecker
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic, emotional book

This is the first book I’ve read by Liz Lovelock, but it won’t be my last. Chloe gets three doses of bad news in one day. She decides she needs a break and heads to Canyon Bay. On the way, she gets a flat tyre and while ranting, the handsome “Captain America” comes to her rescue. Imagine Chloe’s surprise and delight when she see him again at the mechanic’s shop. This book will have your emotions on a roller coaster ride, but every tear is worth it. No spoilers, so grab
Debbie
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet love story

Chloe has a very, very bad day. She decides to leave town and try to get a fresh start. Things don’t start off to good, she gets a flat tire.
A series of coincidences and new friends help Chloe on her new adventure.
This is a story of love and forgiveness and another chance.
It is a sweet romantic story. Looking forward to reading more books by this author.
I would definitely recommend.
Chantelle Thompson
OH MY GOD! THE QUEEN OF FEELS IS AT IT AGAIN

By far one of the best books i've read! This is probably one in many books i've read where I didn't hate the main characters. Both were just amazing to read from both perspectives. As always, The queen of FEELS is at it again! I cried, i laughed and i cried some more. I need more Chloe and Seth!!
Jennifer Richey
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book pulled at my emotions big time!! First this girl gets fired than she wAlks in on her boyfriend sleeping with her bestfriend!! She goes to her parents and boom her mom tells her a secret that crashes her life big time that makes her want to completely move away and start over in a new place!!! She gets a flat tire and a meets a cute guy will this guy be her saving grace!!! I really liked reading about Seth and Chloe!!
Fiona Chislett
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a hell of a day and finding that she has simply just had enough, Chloe packs up and moves hoping for a new beginning and there she finds Seth. This book is not only captivating but it is jammed packed with drama, a few of those breath catching moments and those moments where a box of tissues need to be handy. Loved it !!
me
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow talk a about crazy day... but sometimes when one door closes another one opens
Lianne
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, Seth and Chloe's story covered everything from strong family values, loss and finding love in the most unexpected places. I loved the writing style and would recommend this.
Gata Leitora / Cat reader
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sorry! But there is no way to see this title and not remember the wonderful song of

A-Ha, Crying in the Rain ....
Someday when my crying's done
I'm gonna wear a smile and walk in the sun
I may be a fool
But until then, darling, you'll never see me complain
I'll do my crying in the rain ...
So beautiful ... .I love it with all my heart and after reading the book I saw that it has a little to do with stormy skies hiding pains and sadness.

"How does one repair a broken soul?"

The story begins looking like
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Oh my goodness!!! I literally just finished reading Someday and I still have tears rolling down my cheek. This had my emotions high and low. I connected with this story because I myself have had those days where nothing goes right. A domino effect of anything bad that can happen did, and much more. So as a reader, my heart bled for Chloe. The story started with series of events that did not go well for her. She literally felt betrayed by everyone she loved and cared for. I yelled with her, and I ...more
Caz
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had me at the cover, such a beautiful cover and it was such a beautiful story it didn't disappoint loved this book a lot.

I am not sure how she does it but I swear every time I finish a Liz Lovelock book, I feel like there is a message in there and you feel like you learn something. I felt like I got so much from this book.
1. Learn to forgive before it's too late.
2. Trust your heart
3. Learn the value of life

As soon as I picked up this book, it just made me want to get into my car and ju
BethyMac
This was my first book by Liz Lovelock and must say her stunning cover was the first thing to catch my eye. I decided to check out the synopsis for this one, was intrigued and decided to check this one out. I always love the down of your luck only to have it all turned around type of story and I love finding new authors so I decided to check this one out.
The one starts right off with Chloe’s day from hell starting with her losing her job to then go seek comfort from her boyfriend only to walk in
Louise
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and heart warming romance,that is both a pleasant and worthwhile read. There are sadness and tears along the way, although these are mainly outside of the relationship between Seth and Chloe.

The hero and heroine are both in their early twenties, and this felt very much like a new adult/coming of age romance. All the characters in the book are really well written, the story is interesting and the pace is steady. Whilst the plot doesn't have lots of twists and turns, it wasn't pre
Terri Turner
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Someday was a delightful, very well written book that kept me interested all the way through. The characters were easy to connect with, although there were times I found the book a little too sweet for me. I would have liked a little more angst.

In the space of one day Chloe's life changes dramatically - losing her job, a cheating boyfriend and finding out your father and the man you have looked up to all your life maybe isn't your father just about destroys Chloe's faith in the human race. She d
Lisa  Hershaw
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is only so much a person can take so Chloe packs up and leaves her past where it belong's,in the past. She starts a fresh in Canyon Bay.

Where she's finds her new beginning with new friends, new possibilities and a man worthy of her, Seth, he's everything her last boyfriends are not and maybe that's what she needs Someday. They both need to learn to trust and forgot the past and focus on giving each other a chance.

This was an easy read that showed even though you have tough past, sometimes
Lisa
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are bad days and baaaad days. Chloe's day was a baaaad day: losing her job and finding her boyfriend cheating with her best friend would be enough for anyone. But just when you think it couldn't get any worse, it does....

Chloe runs to Canyon Bay to reflect on her life without the chaos of her life around her. Helped by the charismatic locals, she can finally relax, feel at home and gain the perspective she needs. Canyon Bay resident Seth is the first person she meets in town and he makes a
Theresa Alberts
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Someday by Liz Lovelock is the first in the Canyon Bay Series. This story was light and funny with a small but of angst and enough love story to pique anyone's interest.

Chloe loses her job after breaking up with her boss. Thinking she will bounce back with the help of her boyfriend she heads to his apartment to tell him the crappy news only to receive more herself by finding him in bed with her best friend. To top off what could be described as the absolute worst day, Chloe walks in on her paren
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog

MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by: Melanie
(4 stars)

Jessica
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I volunteered to read an advanced readers copy of this book. No payment was received in any format. These are my thoughts and only my thoughts on this story.

I absolutely loved this story. Its a story of new beginnings. Bad luck usually comes in threes, as thats how it is for Chloe, but hers is 3 bad things in one day. Thats a lot for one person to handle.

Seth is a sweet caring guy, who is dealing with a tragic past. He finds Chloe on the side of the road, screaming at her car. He is her Captai
Carol
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars..
Another awesome book.. Loved it..
Stacy Aube
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

Chloe has a bad day and decides to take a break from it all. Who knew going away she would find her everything when she least expected it.

A really good refreshing story.
Suzanne
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The premise of this book had me intrigued and it had me hooked from the start. If Chloe didn’t have bad luck, she wouldn’t have any luck whatsoever! And it kept rolling. The chance meeting with a stranger turned into huge life changes for her. For the good. I really enjoyed how Chloe grew in this book. Mentally she needed to change things and she did for the better. I really enjoyed Seth’s character. He is so guarded but when he found Chloe, he couldn’t help but fall for her. Things start to fal ...more
R yatsko
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#review

"You're in charge of your own destiny. We all have bad luck. It's a part of life"
Love this quote, from this novel..

They say bad luck comes in three...Chloe is having one of those days!!!
Chloe just needed some time and space to figure things out.
Boom a flat tire!!!rescued by someone she called " Captain America "

Canyon Bay...just like the photo
I love the banter, between Chloe and Seth ...
Hopefully finding a way to trust each other they can bother heal from their past..

Love this story, swe
Liz is from bright sunny Queensland, Australia. She has always been a reader. When she was little she would be up late reading Garfield and Asterix comic books and also Footrot Flats. When she hit high school she read Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden and from there, her love of books continued to grow. She always has a book to read beside her bed along with a notebook for when inspirati ...more