Start by marking “The Obama White House and the Supreme Court: from The Oath” as Want to Read:
The Obama White House and the Supreme Court: from The Oath

The Obama White House and the Supreme Court: from The Oath

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A Vintage Shorts Selection

The bestselling and prizewinning author of The Nine and American Heiress tells the dramatic and gripping insider’s story of the momentous ideological war fought between the Obama White House and the Supreme Court.

President Obama and Chief Justice Roberts could not be more different. Obama, a legal conservative grappling with the second amendment a
ebook
Published October 4th 2016 by Vintage

To ask other readers questions about The Obama White House and the Supreme Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Obama White House and the Supreme Court

Esil
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is a very abbreviated version of a full length book Jeff Toobin wrote a few years ago about Obama's relationship with the US Supreme Court. I suspect that I would find the full length version really interesting, but this version suffers from odd editing. The bits and pieces don't hold together very well thematically -- a dab of the botched oath administered by Robertson, a smidgen of Obama's experience at Harvard Law School and a pinch of his early legal and political careers. Despite my fr ...more
Sam Quixote
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
I thought Jeffrey Toobin’s The Obama White House and the Supreme Court would be about any conflict between the President and the Supreme Court with the focus on the most controversial policy of the last eight years, Obamacare. Instead, most of this short is about Chief Justice Roberts’ botched Presidential Oath at the 2009 inauguration – what an uninteresting subject to write about!

All you need to know about this incident is that Obama redid the oath in private, in front of a selection of witne
Killian
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This "Vintage Short" is a selection from The Oath: The Obama White House and The Supreme Court by Jeffrey Toobin. I have several of Toobin's books on my shelf, but haven't quite gotten around to them yet.

I really, really need to.

This short begins with the kerfuffle over Obama's oath of office at his first swearing in. Do you remember that? I do, and it was entertaining to read about how freaked out the brand new staffers were over whether or not Obama was actually President or not after having
Stefan Fergus
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good book. Definitely interesting in reading the full volume, now (The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court). This is the first book I've read by Toobin, although I've read a fair bit of his journalism. I'm definitely going to pick up his books, now.
Megalion
Aug 31, 2018
HERBERT LIEBMANN
is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2017
Lawyer, author, legal correspondent for CNN and The New Yorker magazine.