Start by marking “The Ghost in the Desert (Samuel Dexter #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost in the Desert (Samuel Dexter #0.5)

The Ghost in the Desert

(Samuel Dexter 0.5)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Life can change in the blink of an eye.

Sergeant Samuel Dexter’s life hasn’t been easy, but he finally has something to look forward to when his time in the Marines is up. Until he doesn’t.

In this short prequel to The Ghost in the Mirror, find out what happens before…

The Ghost in the Desert was originally written to be included in an anthology. When that didn't happen, I
Published September 27th 2016 by Bramblerose Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost in the Desert, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost in the Desert

Simone

I just had an aha moment

Note to self: always read the prequel first! It will do wonders for the understanding...

Okay, it's my own fault. If I had paid more attention, I would have realized instantly that this is a prequel to The Ghost in the Mirror, and not a sequel. Thank goodness, I realized it early enough, so I might get better into the follow-up now.

The Ghost In The Desert is a short about Sergeant Samuel Louis 'Dex' Dexter, stationed with his team of Marines in Afghanistan, and it gives mo
Bo
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm very sad because I know going in this doesn't end well. However, I did enjoy this short prequel, but still sad.
Ashley
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, short-stories
So I read this after I finished The Ghost in the Mirror because I didn't know it existed. I liked it a lot. I felt the chemistry between Sam and Danny.
Lissel
*3,5 STARS, nothing bad with it, but it's very short, and I don't give higher ratings to short stories.

Nice! Now I need to know what happened with Dex!
Faye Kennedy
A great short prequel story for Samuel and his time in the military. This ends in a cliffhanger.
At age 16 kicked out at home for being gay. Enlisted in the marines 6 yrs ago.  Being lovers on the quite with Danny Cash for past 4 years he stole my heart.
Its was Samuel's aka "ghost" birthday when Cash confesses his love. Now 1 year to go til they where out of the military service. But plans dont work out.
Morgan
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shit well that was sad. And fucking adorable. But more sad because it was adorable
Kim
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this novella after reading The Ghost in the Mirror. Love this story, can't wait to read more from this author.
Melissa Mcentyre
The Ghost in the Desert: A Samuel Dexter novella by Faith Gibson is the needed prequel to Her full novel The Ghost in the Mirror. Faith gives us information that will help understand Dex more going into Mirror. It is truly a novella, easy quick read that packs a punch. I am glad Faith put it out with support going to a great veteran's cause. Give The Ghost in the Desert a try, especially if you have not read Faith Gibson or want to help a veteran cause. I loved this story; now on to The Ghost in ...more
Bev

Teeny, tiny prequel to The Ghost in the Mirror...this gives us the answer as to whether Sam and Danny were lovers before the explosion that rocked and obliterated their world. 3.5 stars.
Cathy
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome short!

Good start and lead in to the next book. Now I HAVE TO find d out what happens next! One of my favorite story lines is military romance, and this one promises to be great!
AussieMum
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For such a short book this was really good. It was so good that it spoiled my enjoyment of The Ghost in the Mirror.
Katie Townsend
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I loved this short story

The ghost in the desert is a prequel to the ghost in the mirror

This short gave us a insight off who Sam was before the explosion in the desert and before Sam lost his memories

I love it thank you faith Gibson for this shirt story

Diane
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger!!!!

This was such a 'real' depiction of military life in a war zone. I immediately ordered 'The Ghost in the Mirror' so I could see what the aftermath of the final scene turned out to be.
Lainie Suzanne
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gripping Insight

This story hooked me from page 1. I'm so excited to dive into The Ghost in the Mirror to find out what happens to Ghost.
Diane
This is such a beautifully written story that I've purchased its sequel... The Ghost in the Mirror. I need to know the conclusion. Such pain. Such love. Such loss.
Rqwhit
Sep 29, 2016
Susan Bella
Aug 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Faith Gibson lives outside Nashville, Tennessee with the love of her life, and her four-legged best friends. She began writing in high school and over the years, penned many stories and poems.

When her dreams continued to get crazier than the one before, she decided to keep a dream journal. Many of these night-time escapades have led to a line, a chapter, and even a complete story.

When asked what

Samuel Dexter (2 books)
  • The Ghost in the Mirror (Samuel Dexter, #1)
  • The Ghost in the Water (Samuel Dexter #2)