Start by marking “Traitor (Twisted Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Traitor (Twisted Fate, #1)

Traitor (Twisted Fate, #1)

They may be refugees but Andie Sorenson never chose to flee when government forces abduct her to the “safety” of a military-operated compound. Caught in an ugly civil war no one understands, she’s now a number, a uniform, her future reduced to three stale meals a day with the strangers who share her fate. She’s nothing, no one—until a random act of compassion and an electr ...more
Published June 6th 2017

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
release-date_1
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-6/6/18

This was such an unexpected little gem; so emotive and heart-wrenching in its brutality.
But also strangely uplifting and profound at the same time.
I felt so connected to the storyline and its characters here and this was one read that definitely snuck up on me in stealth mode; catching me completely unawares with its rawness and individuality.
From the second of starting this, I was ever so intrigued; The tale told here was so unique and so different it
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Sunniva Dee
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Traitor by Alyson Santos is the novel that shouldn’t have been written.
No. That's not what it is. It’s the story you never expected to be written. It is so unique, so different it’s a category killer between suspense, romance, adult dystopian, new adult, and something entirely eclectic. It draws you in and doesn’t stop until you’re rushed out on the other side with a gasp of incredulity.

As a reader, you need to be a lover of—
Love.
Jarring suspense.
Not knowing where the author leads you.

Yes. Go
Wil Loves Books!
This one started slow for me but it just got better and better throughout. Pretty awesome romantic suspense. Only complain is that I wanted more, more of this story. I need a good epilogue with books like these! Anyways, Alyson Santos is such a talented writer, I would read anything she writes. Totally recommend.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

It's irony when a reviewer says you should go into this book blind. Just jump in both feet and take the plunge. I promise you won't be disappointed. This book doesn't fit into any particular genre it's a monster all it's own. Sure there is love and drama and mystery but seriously Alyson Santos how do I classify it?

Andie Sorenson is living in her Area with her mother, Struggling to make the rations last and doing their intended jobs they make life their own. They are com
Mandie
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent book. I was hooked from the first page! The plot line was unique. I really enjoyed it! It was my first read from this author, but it definitely won’t be my last!
Darlene Avery
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Traitor by Alyson Santos is one of those books that catches you out of left field and draws you in so completely you find yourself consumed with the characters and the storyline.

Santos has created a world where there is a blur between who is right and who is wrong. No one knows for sure who is 'good' and who is 'evil'. And just when you think you have it figured out, Santos will pull the rug right from underneath you!

I loved the two main characters, Andie Sorenson & Kaleb Novelli. Andie is a
K.K. Allen
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW. I wasn't expecting this. AT ALL. Alyson Santos is a phenomenal writer, and with Traitor, you get a dark, gripping, and emotional tale. From page you, Traitor steals your breath and threatens to keep it forever. Oh, the suspense, the anticipation, and the romance woven in. It's all just perfect. Heart-stopping, heartfelt, and packed with action. This one is a #mustread guys!
E.S. Carter
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life isn't black and white.
Good guys, bad guys.
Love, hate.
War, peace.
Safety, danger.
It's all a tangled web of woven intricacies.
Alyson Santos brings all that and more to the table, in this poetic tale of one man, and one woman, on opposite sides of the fence.
If you like to read books a little different to all the rest, dive in and enjoy the journey - you won't be disappointed in the ride.
Christina Pannell
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alyson Santos has done it again. She always makes you feel Ike you're right there with the characters.
Reading this you didn't know who was the "traitor", who could be trusted, who was the bad guys and who was the good guys. It really kept you guessing. I loved Andie and Kaleb from the start and felt no different throughout the book.
Definitely worth reading.
Kristy /Obsessed with Romance

So... not at all what I was expecting. I had no idea what was coming next, no clue who to trust and no idea what was going to happen... and it was AWESOME. Above all else, this book is a romance, an epic romance actually. A love story set in a time and place where love doesn't really belong and between two people who really shouldn't fall. But they do and I spent the entire book praying that their love would survive. On top of that, the suspense in this book is intense and built with the perfe
Annie Brewer
Gah!! This book was so fricken amazeballs!!! I started it last night before bed and got halfway, forcing myself to put it down to sleep. I was reluctant to do anything but continue this unique journey but knew if I didn't do so, I'd be of no use today at work. But all I could think about all day was reading...this...book.
Kaleb had me hello, okay the first meeting. Andie had me at the first sentence. What a perfect heroine she was. Strong. Resilient. Persistent. Feisty. Loyal. Kind. Selfless. I l
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Shelves: 2017-reads
Holy Mother of all books!!! Alyson Santos is a new to me author. Her writing is beyond fabulous. Her storyline to Traitor was beyond amazing. Her writing sucked you in within the first few pages. Traitor is unlike any book I ever read before. I assure this author has heard the last of me regarding this book!!!
There aren't too many words I can use to express how good this book was. Traitor is a book about not giving up. The fight to keep going when you feel all hope is lost. The feels you get wh
Nicole  Sands
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED this book! LOVED. Dark and riveting, powerful and emotional...it made my heart race with panic, and warm with some really heartfelt, romantic moments. Traitor is a phenomenal Dystopian with a forbidden romance that will capture your heart!

The way this book starts, it grips you instantly, a sense of foreboding intensifying as you try to figure out what’s happening. You are immediately thrust into pulse-pumping action that grips you with panic. Soon you realize that Andie Sorenson has been
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
"Despite the darkness, there's hope. There's light."

What a beautiful hidden treasure 'Traitor' has turned out to be. I don't really know what I was expecting going into this book, but what I can say...it certainly wasn't this.

What Alyson has delivered is a heartbreakingly beautiful story filled with war, layers upon layers of betrayal, lies and traitors. But leaves us feeling hope, love and loyalty.
A story where we don't really know who is right and who is wrong. Who we can trust and who we can
Karin
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly love the depth of Alyson Santos writing, I've read a few her books previously and have been captivated by each and every one. I loved Andie and Kaleb together, there attraction was intense but also completely off limits. There so much suspense and mystery in this book and each page will leave you with questions and have you trying to figure out what's going to happen next. I'm usually good at figuring out what's going to happen but, I couldn't in this book which made me love it even more ...more
Kali McQuillen
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-arc, 2017-read
When I read the blurb I knew I had to read this book. I love the writing style of this author, she knows how to draw me in from the very first page and keeps me on the edge of my seat until I finish the book.

I fell a little more in love with Kaleb the more I read. He's ALMOST too good to be true. Then you have Andie, who still sees the good when all she's been dealt lately is bad. Loved that the heroine wasn't a wimpy girl!

I didn't know who was to be trusted. There was clues throughout on who to
Brenda Travers
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED ❤
TRAITOR by Alyson Santos.

This is a book about war and devastation, it's a book about 2 young lives being thrust together through the eyes of War, It's about lies, deceit and a possible promise of tomorrow?

I was hooked from page 1, there is death and desolation during War, there are thoughts of emptiness and sorrow, there are tales of what is beyond what we can currently see and there are actions that we must not ever question as civilians!

This is the fate waiting for Andie
Lorie
Shelves: june-2017, favorites
4.5 STARS

AMAZING!!!!

So refreshingly different….

I loved every single second I spent immersed in this incredible tale. Traitor is such an unbelievably well-crafted thrill ride. I don’t even know the last time I read such a mesmerizing tale of manipulation, deceit, and love.

Alyson Santos creates an atmosphere of intrigue and darkness with a touch of hope that just draws you into the pages. The story is utterly fantastic. I was hooked from the very beginning. Once I picked it up, I didn’t stop unt
Haddie Harper
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That's it! I'm done for! Alyson Santos has brought forth another amazing story and characters that will draw you in and hold you captivate without any possibility of release. Believe me, being held captive by Traitor is well worth it. Andie is a strong leading character. I could feel every emotion as if it were happening to me. I woke up at 6am today (5/20/17) and started reading, and I could not put it down. Kaleb's situation broke my heart. Several times, I was checking my chest to make sure I ...more
Pamela Lilley
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What an emotional rollercoaster of a story, a story full of intrigue and secrets, and twists and turns. Set in a war torn country where rebels are fighting against the government forces in a battle for ownership, Andie Sorensen is taken from her home for her own safety and placed in a compound where she is given a job in administration working for Lance Corporal Kaleb Novelli. Nothing is as it appears though, there is no black and white, who are the good guys? Are any of them on the side of ...more
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angsty-goodness
This was my first book from this author and also a genre I don't regularly read but I really enjoyed it. Andie is a refugee, Kaleb is a soldier - but not just any soldier. This is a dark and action packed read. Plenty of plot twists, gasp out loud moments and sometimes awful scenes of human nature BUT it's also definitely a love story. Kaleb is definitely a swoon worthy hero in this book and I loved watching his relationship with Andie unfold. Recommend to anyone looking for a gripping dystopian ...more
Brandi
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this is one of those books that you need to jump in with both feet. No reading the synopsis just full faith that Alyson Santos will deliver you an excellent story and yes she does.

A civil war has broke out and people are sent to live in different areas or factions. Andie Sorenson and her mother are living their meger life when they are taken with promises of a better life. Divided up and sent to opposite sides of the compound they are assigned living quarters and tasks. Andie is given th
D. King
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm slightly ashamed to admit this, but Traitor is my first romantic suspense novel. And man! I need to read more of these!

Traitor is unlike anything I've ever read. Creative. Suspenseful. Sweet. Mysterious. Funny. Surprising.

And intense. So, so intense.

I don't do book summaries in my reviews, but this needs a little something, I think. The US is at war--a civil war--between the Free People and the Government Forces. Andie and her mother are taken from their homes by the GF (Government Forces) a
Melissa
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book going in blind unsure of what to expect and have it blow you away? That is this book.

I don't even feel like I can come up with adequate words to fully give this book the credit it deserves.

Seriously, one of the most profound, thought provoking stories I've ever read. This book is everything and so much more. It will keep you on edge from beginning to end.

The writing is so incredibly deep. Like each word has more depth than the actual word and you see it in the words t
Alicia
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Courage, integrity and devotion are at the heart of this novel which also deals with the nature of honesty, truth and the insidious nature of power. Against the background of an unnamed country and the anonymity created by the use of numbers rather than names, we see the depersonalisation of history and prior building of culture and civilisation in an ongoing unnamed war of ideas. This novel works so cleverly to strip out those identifiers in order to focus on the human and on the most important ...more
Gill Melling
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book that I have read by Alyson and once again she has written a unique story. This is a dystopian tale, set in a world where forces are at war and Andie, our heroine, is sent to work for Kaleb. What follows is a twisting tale, where we are unsure who to trust and Andie and Kaleb are thrust into a journey filled with pain and joy.
I love Alyson's writing, her characters are deep and love fully. Another 5 star read.
reneeNaDaBomb
Traitor

It took more than a moment for me to get into the characters in this book. Once I did, I 💕, loved the idea of rebels and government fighting for power because life is never black & white. There is always that gray area. And the story gives you that and lets you decide what side to believe or not to believe. I highly recommend this book and plan to read other works by this author Alyson Santos.
D.C.
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell!!! This book.....my brain is still trying to process. Traitor is a book unlike anything I've ever read. Alyson creates this entire world that sucks you in and makes you question every person, word, and movement. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, I was thrown for a loop.

Traitor definitely gave my heart a workout! Got the good old pulse up, thanks for that.
Ashley
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Traitor by Alyson Santos

Traitor did not disappoint. I held my breath a few times, scared of what would be around the corner. I knew early on my heart would hurt. I knew this would be an "I'm going to throw my kindle" type book. Again, it didn't disappoint. The story was beautiful. I am a sucker for a strong female lead, someone who doesn't crumble. There were so many unexpected heroes. Read this book! You will not be disappointed but you will want more!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I’m a writer, musician, and cat lover. I’m also obsessed with alternative music. Seriously, it's a real problem.

I write what needs to come out, whether it’s pain, tears, or laughter. I write people and relationships, about the beauty and horror of what we do to ourselves and each other. I write Love. Vengeance. Compassion. Cruelty. Trust. Betrayal. Forgiveness. Darkness, and the incredible way hu