Start by marking “Pinky Promise” as Want to Read:
Pinky Promise

Pinky Promise

(Pinky Promise #1)

Baylor Jones and Stayton (State) Blake
Two lost souls raised on the streets. Young children vowing to always protect each other. He was only nine but he was her protector and best friend for years.

Even when thrown in foster care he took care of her always like a king to his queen. A silent pinky promise shared between, it was their secret protection to one
Published October 9th 2016

Erika
Not planning to read.

I REALLY REALLY wish authors would stop doing this. Stop (view spoiler) ...more
Janie
5+++ King and Queen stars. I don't know where to start with this review. I loved everything about this book. From the writing, to the two MCs, to the secondary characters, just all of it. Baylor and State grew up in Kings. It was an area riddled with crime and drugs. Their parents were terrible parents that never protected them. Some horrible things happen to Baylor (it's just touched on, not detailed). State helps her and protects her as much as a little boy can. They are the best of friends. T ...more
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

We meet State and Baylor as 9 year olds living in a dangerous neighborhood hiding from their abusive family members. They bundle together in a closet holding on to each other for comfort and safety.

They eventually become children in the “system” where that separated because State gets adopted and has to leave Baylor behind.

At the age of 22 they find each other again and State will do anything to
RJ
I'm a little conflicted as to how I feel about this book. There were certain aspects I liked and some I didn't enjoy at all.

Pros:
-H is head over heels for h. I never had to worry about him straying, he was completely obsessed with her.

-I loved how they were childhood best-friends and how we got glimpses into their lives before in the early chapters. Him being her protector from the start was amazing to see.

Cons:
-The writing. It definitely needed another
TheresaDK
This was a sweet and at the same time quite brutal read. The Story deals with a lot of trauma and abuse, but is still what I would consider low on angst.

The h was at times slightly annoying, especially when she rejects the H even if he's done nothing but prove he wants her, however, it was not too much. The H was a saint and very patient with the h, even at times when I would have shaken her silly for being stupid.

But I appreciate that much of drama was caused b
Bev
Well, well, well! I bloody loved this book, I really did. I thought this was going to be a hot mess of push and pull, angst, drama and more push and pull and it SO wasn't. It teetered on the P&P very early on but that was just a wee bump in the road thankfully.

What I didn't expect was to get the most swoonworthy, amazing, thoughtful ALL IN as in all in from when they were kids before they were so cruelly separated by the system ALL IN. And I got this in spades from State. OMG, he
Chantal ❤️
Oct 17, 2016 marked it as cant-read-triggers
NOTHING WRONG WITH THE BOOK!
Unfortunately this book contains a huge trigger for me. It sounds like a great book and I truly wished I could read it.
The events in the sweet heroine's past make it impossible for me. I may try it one someday when I am emotionally prepared for it.
Sorry all but it's a skip for me now! :)
Nicla
8th Apr 2017 - Just did a re-read as I was in the mood for a NA romance with 100% devoted hero. Enjoyed it just as much as original read.

I really enjoyed Pinky Promise. State was an amazing hero. He never waivers in his feelings for Baylor. He was protective, possessive and so sweet. (view spoiler) ...more
NMmomof4
Nov 03, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
DNF @ 35%

Welp. I tried, I really did! Be warned -- I get a little ranty, so I'm adding a spoiler tag...

(view spoiler) ...more
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
SAFETY WARNINGS. CAREFUL MY SAFETY GANG

(view spoiler)

I'm passing on this one.
Mandy
I really enjoyed this book. There were a few super emotional moments that had me in tears. The romance in this one was super sugary sweet. I loved Rowe and I loved both State and Baylor's relationships with her. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by this author.
Kristina
Mar 25, 2018 marked it as dnr
If one more person tries to stupidly justify that he's a guy so he of course must fuckaround & that's of course perfectly acceptable.

I will hurl.

Because it's too convenient why she could never be with anyone with this cop out excuse. Too convenient that the author kept the heroine celibate because she was assaulted. Eye roll.

And to those who say they were young & he's a guy so needs to have random sex, then don't call it a love story. According to HIM she's always been it for him, so
Kookie's
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really good read all because the HEA was guaranted early on in the book so the rest of it is more of an extended epilogue but at the same time, how to survive an HEA.

State and Baylor survived a tough childhood together but was separated when State was adopted. Years later, they met again and had a chance to be together again. I'll never get tired with second chance romances. Although in this case, it wasn't really a full one since they were just kids when they got separate
Barbara➰
Baylor and State are attached at the hip as children. Growing up in a rundown, low part of town, each lives in their own personal hell. But they have each other. When their world is torn apart, the two are separated. After several years, they are accidentally reunited.

Well, I just want to say if there was ever a perfect hero in a book, State is it. He was simply amazing. I loved everything about him but especially how he was with Rowe. He just took her in and she was forever his prin
Maria11
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pardon me while I wipe the tears from my eyes for the 100th time during this story!!

Wow this was a sorrowful, touching, sweet, sexy, wonderful filled story. I can't say enough about it. It touched my heart in so many ways. I couldn't put it down till I finished and I was reading it while I was getting my car fixed trying not to cry in front of all the strangers waiting for their cars.

This is the first story I have read from this author and I will be reading more.
TJ
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
On the fence with this one. I want to rate it higher because the book has potential, but the characters made me want to slam my head against the wall. The plot was choppy so many questions that were left unanswered and the ones that did get answered were merely mentioned and it was back to "I love you so much I would die without you. You're my everything. I'll do whatever it takes" Really all that?

There was nothing to these characters except they grew up in a f@&k up situation (again this w
Samantha Schwerin
Nov 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: meh, 1-star, ugh, dnf
DNF at 13%

The writing is too immature for me. I know that I barely got into the story, but I just could not feel a connection with the two main characters. The story had a lot of potential however, I would have put all of the flashbacks in one prologue instead of in multiple short chapters. Once we get to 'grown' Baylor, I really could not guess how many years had passed- is she in her teens or her twenties? She acted the same to me. If she were acting her age (assuming she is in her late teens
Andrea
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is what I love about Goodreads...I read a fellow Goodreader, Nicla review, and after reading her 5 star review, I one clicked this book....

I'm so glad I did! WOW! There is nothing in this book that I didn't love....State...dreamy sigh...what a man...his love for Baylor was so amazing to read..State is...alpha...sweet...funny!

Baylor and her one liners! She suffered so much...State as well but Baylor strength was inspiring.

Rowe was incredible, so sweet, so strong.

This book was
Coco.V
May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/23/2019)! 🎁
Tiffany Willams
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"You're my home. Always have been."

Page one.

That's where I immediately fell in love with this book. You are pulled into the world of Baylor and State- the scary, cruel world of their childhood that rips them apart. Then, you taken on a journey to the moment they are reunited.

HJ Bellus wowed me once again with her words!! I can't tell you how many emotions I went through, or tears I shed, while reading this story.

"I will love you, even if I never se
Julie
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read-soon
WOW! 5+stars

I'm extremely impressed with This storyline. This was heartbreaking good. I couldn't love these characters anymore if I tried. I'm in love with a humongous list of book bf's and State has been added to it. Beware of reviews that tell the story unless you like it that way. I've been going in blind for awhile now, I'm finding it to be the best way to go. Baylor was definitely a perfect herione.
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a story that draws you in from the beginning? Where you can't put the book down? This is exactly what Pinky Promise did for me. I was drawn from page one and it didn't let me go until the very end.

I am one for not giving out spoilers in reviews, I personally feel it gives too much of the story away. I will most definitely say you will fall completely head over heels with State and Baylor journey of lost, through there journey of struggles,there journey of triumphs
Jessica
This was an interesting choice for me after my last DNF. The last book I complained that the author didn't seem willing to take the book to the dark places she herself had created. This author went straight to dark places for the 1st 5 chapters and went back there several times. And when I say dark I mean DARK. We're talking drive bys, drug dealers and drug addled parents, child molestation...it was hardcore and if you have any triggers at all you should probably skip this one. My second major c ...more
Leeann Wright
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking, soul destroying, devastating.... These are all the words I would use to describe the first chapter of this book..
But then, in true HJ Bellus fashion we see her weave a story from the bottom up to evolve what started out as a story of despair into a tale full of hope, joy, wonder, love and triumph.

HJ Bellus has taken not just 2 characters but 4 and written their life story in a way that both rips your heart out and smashes it to pieces then bit by bit puts it back toge
Jamie
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Baylor and State both grew up in the bad part of town. State was her best friend but also her protector. Things get worst for them, then one day their worst nightmare happens, State fines a home. Baylor shuts down as a little girl feeling all alone till social worker Miss Tami takes her in and shows her what being love feels like, but she always felt like a part of her was lost when State left her behind. Years pass and Miss Tami adds to their little family, enters the sweet but battered little ...more
Taylor Freeman
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first few pages already had me tearing up.
I really liked this one.
I loved how state knew what he wanted and went after it with everything. Nothing and no one came before Baylor and Rowe.
Baylor I wasn't 100% sold on even though I liked her just not as much as I did State.
I liked that neither of them had any relationships and we're holding on for each other even though they never if they'd ever see each other again.
(view spoiler) ...more
Kristy Shaffer
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I 'pinky promise' if you read this book you will fall in love with it from the very beginning. I read this in one very long night as I couldn't put it down it was so good.

Sweetest book ever.... again another beautiful love story by the talented HJ Bellus that will have you laughing, crying and then laughing again!

Princess Rowe stole my heart, along with our sexy alpha State, the beautiful but shy Baylor and who could forget the amazing Miss Tami. The world certainly is a better plac
Natasha
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Years apart could never destroy a pinky promise made by two small children going through a foster system. Baylor and State were written beautifully with such emotion that I cried for them. They survived the worst and still fought for their love. This book will be that book that I will keep re-reading. To read and feel the determination in State’s vow to always be Baylor’s protector, it was so natural. Baylor was determine to grow from her past and be the woman that State always knew she would be ...more
Vicky
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Baylor and State have a love we all wish we could have. Since childhood, through years of separation, yet they manage to find one another again. Ms. Tami and Rowe are exceptional characters that make the book that much more awesome. You will go through so many emotions in this one. Love HJ Bellus and she continues to amaze me with each new book. 5 star for sure. A MUST read.
Michelle
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how HJ Bellus does it, but chalk this one up to another HAVE TO READ!! This book will tear your heart out and make it whole, then tear it out again. Have some tissues ready. Two of my favorite lines from this book are: "This man is so much more than love. He's my shelter." and "It's never over until my last breath."
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Romance- boy and girl separated at 5 yrs. [s] 6 35 Feb 12, 2018 05:02AM

• Flawed Beauty
  • Always with You (With You, #3)
  • Sweet Baby
  • Beautiful Girl
  • Necklace of Shame
  • Live Me (Pieces of Broken, #1)
  • Worth It (It, #1)
  • All the Broken Pieces (Broken, #3)
  • Love Under Two Benedicts (Lusty, Texas #3)
  • Saving Jenna (Night Creatures, #1)
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • Wounded But Not Scarred (New Adult Rockers, #2)
  • SWAT Team Two and Miss Robin Hood (The Men of Five-0, #2)
  • His Perfect Submissive
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
  • Perfectly Broken
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Amnesty (Amnesia, #2)
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HJBellus
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2t7ymsu
Reader Group: http://bit.ly/1HYQgsk
Email: hjbellus@gmail.com

GET FREE BOOKS FROM ME HERE!

Pinky Promise (2 books)
  • No Regrets (Sex, Vows & Babies)
“Rowe never lets her disability get in the way, so by damn, never tell this girl she has down syndrome.” 0 likes