Start by marking “Troublemaker” as Want to Read:
Troublemaker

Troublemaker

(Playmaker Duet #0.25)

For years, I've lived in my big brothers' shadows. Heck, I've lived in my sisters' shadows as well.

It comes with being the baby of the Prescott family.

In two years, I'll be eligible for the NHL Entry Draft.
In two years, the world is going to know Porter Prescott for what I can bring to the table, not as the kid brother of San Diego Enforcers players, Caleb and Jonny Presco
ebook
Published October 3rd 2016 by Mignon Mykel

To ask other readers questions about Troublemaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troublemaker

Start your review of Troublemaker
Lady Heather

**Warning: Recommended for ages 18+ due to explicit language and sexual situations.

"5 - finding your own path stars!"

I absolutely adored Porter's story!

This novella features the youngest child of Noah and Ryleigh Prescott who we were introduced to in From the Beginning.

This story is of Porter's journey from the age of 16-18 years of age.
Porter's journey is not an easy one.
He comes from a very close, tight-knit family of extremely talented hockey players and over-achievers.
There is also
Sybil aka Lala
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book in the series. This is weird because this is only a sort of prologue novella to Porter Prescott’s full length book. But the author has managed to pack so much into only little less than a hundred pages. My attention was held from the very first sentence in the prologue, but it was from the first chapter that this kid captured my heart.

Porter is the baby of the family. Desperate to step out of the shadow of his larger than life family and to be seen as an individual in h
Christine
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trouble Maker by Mignon Mykel is a prequel for her upcoming Playmaker Duet giving us the backstory on the youngest Prescott in the household: Porter. Porter is the baby of the family and has been living in the shadow of his father and older brothers, always being held up to the standard of his NHL caliber family. Emotional at times, you really feel for Porter but also he can find trouble without a stitch of help too. This felt like a realistic story for the age of Porter and his friends and not ...more
Anna lost in stories *A*
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I got the ARC of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review and I am actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it ;) but even though I loved it so much, this review will probably be the shortest one I have ever written... because not only the story was short, it's not your typical HEAas well... *happily ever after* for those of you unfamiliar with the term ;) because this one is actually a novella that gives us a good glimpse into Porter Prescott... ;) we get a prologue in the ...more
Chasing Away Reality
Oh, Porter! I grew up with this kid. I was best friends with this kid. And I loved this kid. The one who's a star athlete making some teenage mistakes but always wanting to not be a disappointment to his parents. Now I know why he's Mignon's favorite Prescott.

It was so great getting to know Porter at this age and seeing him fall in love for the first time. Especially since he seemed to have it all together when he met Asher. But not this kid. He was a mess of hormones with poor choices in frien
Charlene
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love hockey and I love romances, so this book was perfect. Teenage antics along with friends and girls has Porter definitely seeing his share of trouble, so it was good to see things start to fall into place for him. This was a great back story for the upcoming books that will continue Porter's story in the Playmaker Duet...can't wait! ...more
Coco.V
Mar 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/16/2020)! 🎁
Jackie Ziegler
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Porter the baby of the family just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble

This is a novella giving us a good look a Porter

good background of the baby of the family, can't wait to see what his story holds
Teri
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this look at Porter the baby of the group thru 16-18 years of age. We get a glimpse of him going thru the normal teenager blues made worse by having siblings and a parent already paving the way to greatness in Hockey and him bringing up the rear as the youngest of the clan. No the ending isn't the happily ever after we are used to getting it is the happy he survived long enough to show some maturity and direction and make his own way in a family where he stumbled before.

Great s
Lourdes
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Porter is the youngest of the Prescott siblings and feels that he's always lived in the shadows of his brothers and sisters. As a teenager, he gets in quite a deal of trouble which could jeopardize his dream of being drafted to the NHL as soon as he's eligible and walking out of those shadows.
This story will give us an inside view of Porter and his last 2 years in HS, the decisions he makes and how these will affect and shape his future.
It's a good and fast read that will provide a god deal of i
Kerri Haberman
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is our introduction of Porter, the troublemaker! Oh boy, does he ever live up to that moniker! However, Ports is sooo much more! He is caring, sweet and loves spending time with family! Being the baby of the family he struggles to find his spot in a line of greatness. He feels like a disappointment when he is anything but a disappointment. I can't wait to see more of Porter after he meets HER! If you haven't met HER check out Breakaway! ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love hockey and I love romances, so this book was perfect for me. Teenage antics along with friends and girls has Porter definitely seeing his share of trouble, so it was good to see things start to fall into place for him. This was a great back story for the upcoming books that will continue Porter's story in the Playmaker Duet...can't wait! ...more
FeeMac
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. To me it highlighted the feelings and insecurities of living in older sibling's shadows and choosing the right "tribe" to surround yourself with. It was fantastic to see Porter step out of those shadows and into the man that I'm sure will make the next book Altercation a riveting read ...more
Jill
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Porter love

I really love this family already .
This is book two in the series , and it was short and sweet .
I kind of understand why it was made into its own book, but at the same time wonder why it wasn’t incorporated Into the next one as it’s a to be continued ending ... maybe I’ll understand more once I read the next one .. which I will right away ;)
this book gives us a background for porter and hints at who will be his lobster. We learn about who porter is in his junior year and his love fo
Sarah Beth
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mignon Mykel has done an amazing job of making you fall in love with the Prescott Family!

Absolutely love Porter Prescott! He's this funny, cocky guy and underneath all that he's just trying to figure who he really is . I loved seeing Noah and Ryleigh's family and how they all interacted with each other. This was such fun read and introduction to the Playmaker Duet! Mignon Mykel has done an amazing job of bringing this story and series to life and making you fall in love with this family!!
Cali Gals
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful introduction to the character Porter. He is the baby of the Prescott Family (Royalty in the Ice Hockey World). You get a look at his teen years and being a bit of a wild child as the last to leave the flock. In this story I feel you get an accurate picture of a teenage boy that is trying to find his identity as he moves into manhood. His family dynamic is interesting and endearing. Great read that lays the foundation for Playmaker Duet. I highly recommend you read this first bec ...more
Melissa
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Porter Prescott... what can I say. Porter's story is aptly titled Troublemaker. Within the first few pages, you'll completely understand why.

As the youngest his living in everyone's shadow and determined to break free.

Again all the Prescotts make an appearance. Or maybe it's more like a mainstay? Either way, I love how Caleb and Syd are still and till round- as well as all the other siblings.

I thought I loved Caleb (I do) but man... Porter. Sigh.
Christine
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As this was my first time reading this author, I really wasn't sure what to expect. But, after reading this prequel.....I am so excited to read the actual Playmaker's Duet. This was a great way to introduce the audience to Porter and what he is all about as a person. It will definitely help me to understand him more in future readings. Even though this was a short novella-type reading, I already love the character and can't wait to read more of him in the upcoming books! ...more
Renee
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ports

Porter Prescott’s story is the classic story of birth order personality. As the baby in a large family of successful siblings, he has to find his own way in hockey and in life. The characters we meet during his shenanigans are true to life! But the family interactions help continue to push the Prescott plot forward and make you ready to read the next one...not the least of which is to find out more about Ports abs Ash!
Ferdinanda
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book of the Prescott Family and I already love them. I love a family series, I know I will read all the books. Porter is my favorite of course.

I love him and Mo together but I guest I should like him with Asher, I have just started reading Breakaway so let’s see what happens.

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
Lisa Mulvihill
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it

I liked this novella. Kinda felt bad for Porter, the harder he tried to live up to his family name the more he screwed up. The high school kids in this book had way more sex than I would expect. Makes me want to lock up my teenagers.
Theresa Payne
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book and author.

Was really excited to find a new author to read. This book is really good. Love the real world issues and how it's written. Can't wait to jump I to the next one to see what's next for Prescot.
Melissa
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Porter Prescott

Porter is the youngest of five children that were born to Noah and Ryleigh Prescott. This is the prequel to his HEA. We get all the background on him as he finished high school. Can't wait to read more about him.
Rosamae Pejidoro

Porter is the youngest of the Prescott family. He is young, naive and carefree. He has a big supportive system his family. They love him even though he makes mistake along the way. They are there to cheer him on!
Leigh Ann Atwood
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good start

Great lead-in to the story that follows, but no drama and no surprises. Just bumps along to the end. Well written and table set.
Cindy Wilkerson
A fun introduction to Porter.
There's a lot packed into this little nugget of a novella.
Kendra Parker
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love to have this book help set up Porters story

What a way to set you up! I love this novella allows you to fall in love with Porter even before you see him truly falls for Asher!
Rhonda
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too choppy

I found that this book bounced around too much. There were short choppy parts all over the book. I'm hoping the next one is better.
Chandel
May 18, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It gives you back story....but nothing I feel I really needed to know for the main book 🤷🏻‍♀️ It was very basic and had me skimming most of the book.
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

This was the first book I read in the Prescott family. This novella was very good. I enjoyed watching Porter grow up and mature. The family dynamic is awesome! I can't wait to pick up the rest of the series!
Goodreads Librari...: New book to series 3 130 Aug 16, 2016 07:25PM

• High Risk Rookie (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #4)
  • Bending the Rules (The Dating Playbook #1)
  • Loved You Once (The Baker’s Creek Billionaire Brothers, #1)
  • Power (The Keatyn Chronicles, #9)
  • Fame (The Keatyn Chronicles, #8)
  • Love (The Keatyn Chronicles #12)
  • Money (The Keatyn Chronicles, #10)
  • Sex (The Keatyn Chronicles #11)
  • Aiden (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6.25)
  • Not a Player (Laketown Hockey #1)
  • Nixon (Raleigh Raptors #1)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Blindsided
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Focused (Ward Sisters, #1)
  • Best Friend's Baby (Make Her Mine #5)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
Mignon Mykel is the author of the Prescott Family series, as well as the short-novella erotic romance series, O'Gallagher Nights. When not sitting at Starbucks writing whatever her characters tell her to, you can find her hiking in the mountains of her new home in Arizona.

Mignon's latest release, Winski and Leeds, is available now!

Playmaker Duet (2 books)
  • Altercation (Playmaker Duet #1; Prescott Family #2)
  • Holding (Playmaker Duet #2; Prescott Family #3)

News & Interviews