Start by marking “Dick Cheney Shot Me in the Face” as Want to Read:
Dick Cheney Shot Me in the Face

Dick Cheney Shot Me in the Face

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
You've probably heard about the man Dick Cheney shot, but what if he wasn't the only one?

Ian Davis is a loner; obsessive compulsive, and a recovering alcoholic. But when a homeless man - who resembles actor Gary Busey - starts harassing him, he resorts to dangerous old habits.

Kenny, a former sitcom star, is a veteran comedian whose career nose-dives after a damaging video
ebook
Published February 16th 2017 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Dick Cheney Shot Me in the Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dick Cheney Shot Me in the Face

Melki
Dick Cheney shot me in the face . . .
description
. . . and it felt like a kiss!

Yowza! This is a bing bang boonanza of awesome short stories! Here we have men suffering not only from the usual troubles - divorce, alcoholism, unpleasant reincarnation scenarios - but also from some thoroughly modern problems - cell phones, one-star Yelp reviews, and videos gone viral. The stories are disturbing, tragic, and hilarious - a mix that's hard to top, in my opinion.

I loved all of these so much, that it's hard to pi
Jill Taylor
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O’Leary’s eighteen stories run the gamut from absurd humor to dark social commentary, all delivered in an entertaining, very literary package (think Carl Hiaasen meets Richard Ford). Fake Girlfriend, about a man who creates a digital lover, felt like a great episode of Black Mirror. In Costco Girl, lost love with a surprise ending. In The Tower, a professor finds redemption via a cell phone. In Everyone Loves Meatloaf, a successful lawyer abandons his career to play the iPad guitar.

And in the mi
Maureen Sullivan
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tim O'Leary has the mind of a whip-smart satirist and the heart of a storyteller which allows him to write larger-than-life characters in absurdly believable situations. His 18 short stories will take you on a wild ride into the treacherous intersections of men in the crossroads (and sometimes crosshairs) of their lives. Without any soapboxes these stories will also take you deep into American culture and leave you questioning which came first, the crazy man or the crazy-making culture we live i ...more
Soul Survivor
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book deserves a 5-star rating , but my daughter and other friends monitor my activity . These stories are right up my alley : bizarre , disturbing , irreverent , churlish and many other attributes of cynicism and the mentally ill. They remind me somewhat of the work of Jacob Appel , who's works I also immensely appreciate . Several of the stories could be autobiographical of me . Enjoy , and thanks to the goodreads angel who provided me this read .

Elena Alvarez Dosil
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review originally published at: http://www.lomeraniel.com/audiobookre...

I received a copy of this book in audio format from the narrator in exchange for an honest review.

This is a collection of eighteen short stories about men finding a difficult situation in life. The subjects are varied, and they go from being shot in the face to finding again the girl who just was a one night stand.

Some of these stories are really great, and left me wanting for more. Some of the ideas were very good, and the
Christian
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Dick Cheney" is a little different than other short story collections I've read or heard lately, which was really refreshing. As the subtitle suggests, males play the central role in each tale, but "Dick Cheney" isn't devoid of influential female characters. Fellow lady readers should not hesitate to savor every tender morsel of this delectable collection. These stories each stand on their own, but the observant reader/listener might notice some common threads repeated from story to story. (Wha ...more
Madison Huffman
Oct 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm genuinely unsure whether or not this is a satirical take on life in modern America for the average middle-aged white man or if these are O'Leary's true views. After reading this book, hating it, and looking at other reviews, I don't know if it is just me who sees the racism, sexism, and overall cliched writing. It's funny in the way that Family Guy is funny, which I guess there is quite the audience for. The so-called humor is offensive and raunchy to put it kindly.
A few stories do have pote
Jerome Brown
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best collections of short stories I have read. For me, although different in style and substance, it ranks right up there with some of Sam Shepard’s work, Annie Proulx’s Close Range, and Tim O’Brien’s The Things They Carried.

There is craft here—in the use of symbols, the questions subtly posed, and acute descriptions.

Much of the writing is bullet paced, visually charged, drenched in reality-banality, filled with biting observations and the impending doom of unintended consequ
Mexscrabbler
A collection of short stories written by the friend of a friend. I went to his book signing and heard him speak about the book in NYC.

The stories - which are very well written in a style which flows well and is pleasant to read - all share a sense of irony, have a dark side to them and leave the reader a bit sad for the main character. They made me think of some episodes of the "The Twilight Zone" or the more recent series "The Black Mirror".

Who knows, may inspire me to try short stories as a c
Scott Short
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this would be a very fun book to read with someone else. Each story can easily lead to in depth discussion and contemplation.
very fun and sometimes tragic short stories.
I know I'll be rereading this again sometime.
John Wood
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strange, quirky, funny, bizarre...these tales are just plain fun to read. O'Leary has a unique outlook that many would say is a bit off the beaten path. It occurred to me that he could be the LSD guru disguising his name by adding an O. No matter why, I just know I really like this collection.
Terri Bond
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really good stories. i enjoyed this book
S.R. Stewart
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous writing from a debut author. O'Leary writes short stories that are biting, quippy, and entirely serious.
Nick
Ms. Reader
Amanda
Sam
Favorite short story? 1 3 Feb 09, 2017 11:21AM
Timothy O'Leary spent a long career in the advertising and television industries before embarking on a full-time literary career in 2014. His articles, essays, and short stories have been published in dozens of magazines, and he's been twice nominated for the Pushcart Prize, and his stories have been honored with numerous other awards. He is the author of WARRIOR, WORKERS, WHINERS & WEASELS (X ...more