Start by marking “The Right Kind of Guy” as Want to Read:
The Right Kind of Guy

The Right Kind of Guy

(What Happens in Vegas #17)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Romance novelist Kelsey Spencer doesn’t believe in love, and she's tired of faking her way through happily ever afters. Determined to change things up, she heads to the Las Vegas Romance Lovers Convention. But somewhere between half-naked cover models and hot Navy SEALs, Kelsey’s plans derail…

Especially once she meets über-fan Jasmine Grant…and Jasmine’s über-hot alphahole
Published October 17th 2016 by Entangled: Lovestruck

To ask other readers questions about The Right Kind of Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Kind of Guy

Nicola
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

This book was exactly my cuppa. There's no question that this is what the cover says--a romantic comedy--and, if dry, subtle, tongue-in-cheek humour is your MO, then it's a fair bet you'll enjoy The Right Kind of Guy hugely; I giggled, snorted and cackled my way through this in pretty much one sitting.

"Good evening, romance lovers! What a beautiful night for love."

Set in Vegas at a readers convention, we have Kelsey; a cynical and disenchanted romance author with a disbelief in the
Carrie
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Kelsey Spencer is a romance writer that finds herself no longer even believing in love and cringes when fans think her books are more than just fiction. While attending the Las Vegas Romance Lovers Convention Kelsey meets one of those fans, Jasmine Grant. Even though Jas had gone through a break up she still thinks of romance as a lovely fantasy waiting to come true.

Kelsey also finds herself meeting Aaron Grant who is Jasmine's protective brother who ends up recruiting the jaded Kelsey to try t
Fabi
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, cr, kindle, published-2016
I'm going to say about 2.5 stars for this one. It just fell a little flat for me.

I imagine rom-coms are pretty hard to write. Of course, I noticed all the funny lines, but for some reason, I felt like I was looking back at them as I quickly passed them by. In other words, they didn't stop me in my tracks and make me laugh out loud.

The h was well developed and I felt like I got to know her. But the H was a little more difficult to understand. One of the main secondary characters, the H's sister,
Ingrid Thomas
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 out of 5 funny stars!!!!

I definitely liked the book, and the characters, and the chemistry, and the theme, and the second characters, and…. Did I mention I liked the book???

This is a feel good, have fun, read with a cup of coffee and relax type of book.

I read it in less than 24 hours!! This is the kind of book I love to read in between series. It is not very heavy but not all fluff, it has the right amount of angst and a lot of fun, it’s very well written, and it keeps your interest until the
Gaele
Kelsey is a romance author, who doesn’t believe in the stories she writes: tropes, insta love, steamy connections, friends to lovers, you name it: she mocks it privately. Now the time is come to put up or shut up: the big convention in Vegas where romance fans and megafans gather to celebrate all things romance.

Megafan Jasmine is determined to find hers this year, and Kelsey and her stories are an answer. Determined to get over a broken engagement by getting under one of those hot, half-naked c
Fizza
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's an interesting read. i enjoyed the story and loved the characters. Kelsey is a romance writer who doesn't want to write romance. Aaron is a brother who wants his sister to stop believing in fairy tales. Together they both make quite a team. Jasmine is Kelsey's fan and she has decided to fall in love. Her brother wants to control her life along with her father but enough is enough so here she is... in love with a cover model.

Kelsey thinks that it's her responsibility to write what's real and
Bette Hansen
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Vegas Romance Writers convention comes to a close with a witty tongue in cheek story of a romance writer, Kelsey Spencer, who wants to go into a different direction with her writing and super sexy brother of her biggest fan. Kelsey meets Aaron Grant as he dogs his sister at the convention trying to keep her from making a huge mistake. The hilarious banter and jabs at the industry itself make this one very entertaining read. Their chemistry is off the charts and while they make fun of the "in ...more
Jordan
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a new author for me but I was intrigued by it, it is written in 3rd person which normally takes me a while to get used to, but this was surprisingly easy, although some bits were a bit confusing where it went from the different people in the same paragraph without separating them but I got over it, as the writing was otherwise good.

Kelsey spencer a romance author who is a big non believer of love, Goes to a romance convention in vegas and meets jasmine grant a huge fan of hers and her o
Laura  Redmon
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you get when throw in a Vegas Romance Convention, 2 hot authors and a funny sister? Chemistry and one hell of a hilarious, tongue in cheek romance!

I loved this fast paced romance and the chemistry between Kelsey and Aaron.

Definitely recommend this romance, it can't stay in Vegas baby!

I voluntarily received this Author Copy for Review.

Laura Redmon
Cutting Muse Blog Review
Bec_BookMagicReviews
For romance novelist Kelsey Spencer, meeting fans at conventions is supposed to be fun. However, when she meets Jasmine Grant and her brother, Aaron, her life turns a little crazy. It doesn't help that she's become cynical about romance, and looking to branch out into other genres in her writing. Will Aaron be able to bring back her love of romance, or will their weekend together be nothing more than 'What Happens in Vegas stays in Vegas'?

Aaron Grant is in Vegas for one reason and one reason onl
Nicole
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-in-2016
To read all my reviews, go to: Between Books

+4 your-own-idea-of-HEA-is-better stars!

#Generalities
What Happens In Vegas is a long series by different authors, the only thing that they have in common is that all stories happen in Las Vegas, so if you did not like one, there is no reason you will not like the others. I have had the chance to read a couple of these books, however, this is book number #17 and my first Kerri-Leigh book ever! I think this is her debut novel or something but I am not re
Michelle
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it

The Right Kind of Guy is part of the What Happens in Vegas series by Kerri-Leigh Grady. This is book 17 in the series. I read book 16 (Hot on His Heels) and to be honest I didn't love it. But each of the books are written by different authors and the only common denominator between them is that they all take place in Vegas, so i thought what the heck. Let's give this one a try. And I am glad I did. The summary sounde
Samantha
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Right Kind of Guy was another wonderful addition to the What Happens in Vegas series! The story was a little ridiculous at times, but that is what I loved the most about it. It was a fun, lighthearted romance that made my weekend so much brighter, so I loved it. But with that said the characters could be a little infuriating at times, but that lead to a lot of humorous moments, so it didn't annoy me as much as it usually would. Getting back to the characters, Kelsey was an interesting charac ...more
Hilda
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

When I read the blurb on this book it gave me the impression of a different book. But I was totally surprised and delighted with the storyline.

I laughed out loud and walked around with a smile on my face. This quick paced romantic comedy has a well thought out storyline that grows and builds. It throws a little crazy in there and brings it all to a boil to and cook up one creative story.

What happens when a romance author doesn
Bookbuster
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am thoroughly and maniacally impressed. I'm not going to go through this the long way like I usually do, but I'll keep it simple and straight to the point—which how this book actually is. Never in my reading history have I ever laughed like a crazy idiot from the very beginning of a book—like not even on Chapter 1 kind of beginning. I laughed out loud so many times while I read this, it wasn't even funny, especially when most of those times were at work, where it's quiet. I really enjoyed the ...more
Brooke
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
**This book was given to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**
Unfortunately, I had a difficult time finishing this one. The story was well written, I just couldn't get interested in the plot...or the characters.

I don't have a problem with profanity per se, but found Jasmine's character crass and utterly unlikable. Every other word out of her mouth was profane and it added absolutely nothing.

As for the story, it didn't go anywhere. I lost interest and pretty much forced myself to fi
April
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
Thanks to net galley.con for the ARC!
This book is so good, a bit to many swear words for my liking but still a good story and great characters. I loved that the setting of this book was at a romance writers convention in Vegas and that they spent the whole time chasing after the sister. So random... But it was cool how they got to know each other by a taco truck and riding around in the slow taxi. It was more then casual meetings it was purposeful meetings and it ended up getting them together
Isha Coleman
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance is the underdog of literary fiction. Many may not take the genre seriously, but the evidence doesn't lie, it's a juggernaut. Part of the reason why is because of the ability it has to branch out into other genres and deliver charming and mysterious characters Another reason is because the authors have no problem with making light of themselves. The Right Kind of Guy is the perfect prototype for romance. The cynical heroine brings humour to balance out the overly serious hero. A Vegas rom ...more
Angela
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Right Kind of Guy was a likable read. It was a bit too unbelievable for me but it was sweet. I felt like one minute I was hooked in the story but just as quickly I would lose interest. Kelsey was a pretty solid character, but Aaron tended to bother me. I have to be hooked on the hero and I just wasn’t. I like Aaron but I didn’t love him. I would give this story 3 stars. I liked it and if you into how I would describe a fluffy novel then this would but good for you. I just need a bit more dep ...more
Sascha
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2
Kelsey Spencer, romance novelist, is attending a romance convention in Las Vegas. She’s had enough romance writing. She want to write thrillers because she is tired of perpetuating the BS myth of romance. Jasmine, one of Kelsey’s biggest fans, is at the convention, but trying to avoid her controlling brother, Aaron, who is determined to make sure that his sister doesn’t damage herself. Aaron thinks that maybe with Kelsey’s help, he can convince Jasmine to do the right thing.

to read more: ht
Sophie
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Netgalley copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this book! It was funny, easy to read and very entertaining! The style is great, fresh and fast-paced, and the characters are all loveable in their own way. It felt realistic, which makes it a good contemporary romance in my opinion. I especially liked the dialogues and interactions between the different characters and I recommend it to anyone in search of a nice read.
Katrina Berry
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Right Kind of Guy by Kerri-Leigh Grady is Book 17 of the What Happens in Vegas Series.

An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review and I did so voluntarily.

This is an honest hit-the-spot, laugh-out-loud, fast-paced romantic comedy that pokes all kinds of fun and highlights all that we love of the romance genre. Ms. Grady’s writing is beautifully-done and witty. I have found a new author to add to my go-to list. Kudos Ms. Grady!
Dawn Herring
The premise of this book was very different and quite interesting. Really cute idea. The characters are fun, and there were quite a few laugh-out-loud moments. I didn't feel as much of a connection to the main characters as I wish I had, but I think that had something to do with the book being a little shorter. It was still enjoyable, and I would recommend it to others.
D. Rivera
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thanks Netgalley for a copy of the book. his was a great fun read. really loved the main characters. Kelsey didnt think real love existed but only wrote about it. Aaron was a busy man in his career to even want to settle down. with the help of his sister, they both realized what was right in front of them. really liked this book. there is more in the Vegas series.
Suz Jay
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Right Kind of Guy is a laugh out loud read with all the feels that come from a great romance story. The book features endearingly potty-mouthed female characters, hunky cover models, and a swoon-worthy hero. The Romance convention backdrop is almost a character itself and provides great opportunities for laughs. One particular scene of convention hi-jinks is burned in my subconscious forever.

I can't wait for the release of Ms. Grady's next novel.
Ofelia
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a fun read. It was very entertaining to read what Jas might come up with to keep Kelsey and Aaron on the chase. I kind of found it annoying that Jas kept calling Kelsey fucking Spencer all the time she said her name. It got old after the first couple of times she called her that but otherwise a great read!
Eva
there is nothing wrong with the right kind of guy. as far as breezy, contemporary romance this fits the bill. it's supposed to be a romantic comedy, which i'm not sure i agree with. unlike hooked on love, also billed as a romantic comedy, i never laughed out loud. but i can see where the author was striving for a light-hearted tone.

the problem is that i found that tone super cringeworthy. the author's voice in the novel sounds like her voice on her blog, which is totally fine, i mean she wrote t
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

Romance novelist Kelsey is trying to convince her agent, Deena, of her decision to write thrillers instead. Yes, she's a successful writer in the romance genre, but Kelsey personally doesn't believe in true love having already gone through a divorce after learning her hero was truly a zero. How can she write about something she doesn't believe in? During a convention, Kelsey meets Jasmine, a fan she'd only met online previously, one that helped to spark her muse in the romance genre
Vanessa
Mar 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i enjoyed reading this story until little sister jas became a controlling brat not getting her way with a plot she has setup n for someone supposedly smart has a very limited vocab. she ruined a good short story with her controlling behaviour n aaron n kelsey could not fix it. just plain sad.
Jennifer Lubow
3.5 out of 5 stars
This story was a light, easy, quick read. Something you want to pick up after a super angst filled book.

The author had me hooked from the word jackhole, that is my favoritest word EVER!!!

She made me want to go to Vegas and see if I can find my "one." And I would definitely be intersted in reading a book about Jasmine, I can only imagine the hijinks that she would put her hero thru.
« previous 1 3 next »

What Happens in Vegas (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tempting Her Best Friend (What Happens in Vegas, #1)
  • The Makeover Mistake (What Happens in Vegas, #2)
  • A Change of Plans (What Happens In Vegas, #3)
  • Masquerading with the CEO (What Happens in Vegas, #4)
  • Just One Reason(What Happens In Vegas, #5)
  • Tamed By The Outlaw (What Happens in Vegas #6)
  • Tempted By Mr. Write (What Happens In Vegas, #7)
  • Gambling on the Bodyguard (What Happens In Vegas, #8)
  • Seducing Seven (What Happens in Vegas #9)
  • Calling Her Bluff (What Happens In Vegas, #10)