Start by marking “Por Vida” as Want to Read:
Por Vida

Read Book

Por Vida

It’s a great big world out there. Will you live long enough to see it all?

In 2035, the future of synthetic living has finally arrived, but so too has the threat of a global machine war. Rising Hollywood star Sepideh Ahmadi never imagined she would transition to an artificial body, but when her longtime girlfriend Natasha develops a terminal illness, the choices become
Published January 9th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Por Vida, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Por Vida

Start your review of Por Vida
Justin Ellis
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Gripping Tale of Obsession Gone Awry

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, as it was masterfully told by an author in full command of his art. The story is one of unrequited love, technologies place in our day to day lives, all bootstrapped to a dark, fast-paced thriller. Every sentence seemed to drive the story forward to a frenetic conclusion. I found myself strangely sympathetic to the darker characters of the book, which surprised me. I finished this book in just two days!

A complete work from
Jk
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free kindle copy of this book via the Goodreads Giveaways program and would like to thank anyone involved in making that happen.

This is a fun science fiction thriller. I liked the structure of the book and it's alternating viewpoints within two separate timelines that eventually converge and while I did guess the twist before it was revealed, it was still fun being proved right. I also thought the world building was well-done and scarily realistic. Overall I really enjoyed this one
Antonio
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sf
This is my assessments of this book Por Vida by Daniel Verastiqui according to 6 criteria:
1. Too long and Strenuous action - exciting - 3 stars
2. Boring - fun - 3 stars
3. not difficult to read (as for non English native speaker] - 3 stars
4. predictable (common) - good story (unusual) - 4 stars
5. Shalow story - has a deeper meaning - 3 stars
6. The story is mass and Unfinished - The story is clear, understandable and well rounded story - 4 stars

Total 3.33 stars.
Amanda Nelson
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While this book is not of my typical genre, I was in the mood for something different, and this book did not disappoint! I struggled to get into it at first, with all of the undefined words and abbreviations relating to a technology of the future, but once I got into it and got into the flow of the story I was hooked. Then, once I figured out what was REALLY going on I couldn't put it down and had to finish in that sitting and stayed up into the wee morning hours to do so.
Elizabeth
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Impressive.

I highly recommend this book for any genre reader. Just when you think you've got the ending figured out, the author throws in surprising twist, and you're dying to keep reading to see how it will all play out. Well written, making it easy to feel a connection with the characters and visualize what they are going through. Definitely looking forward to more from Daniel Verastiqui.
Mark
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love being fooled by a story. There was something about the multiple storylines that nagged at me, something not quite right... Until it was, and my "NO WAY" echoed in the room. I think in the back of my mind I knew "something was up" but it turned out I was on the wrong side of the line.

I can't wait to read it again, to see how many ways the author told me what was happening and I just missed it. That's a win in my book.
Hanna Newby
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. The writing was not remarkable, but the story was fast-paced and the characters were believable. I found myself being sucked in despite the fact that Verastiqui's writing style wasn't my favorite, and that takes a certain type of talent.
If you are a sci-fi fan, you will love this book. I myself thought it was okay.
Tim
Feb 01, 2017
John
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
It took a couple of chapters to get into the rhythm of the story between time lines. It was a good story but I didn't like it because I considered it a rating of NC-17 ( too violent ).
Sydnie Macelroy
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! It's been a long time since I experience a "can't put it down" book. I couldn't put this one down.

One part science fiction, one part psychological thriller, and 100% edge of your seat thrill ride. The characters are complex and delightful. The plot is well thought out and solid. The little clues along the way... little things that made me roll my eyes at the continuity error... Let's just say when it suddenly makes sense, it's like a kick in the gut (and I mean that in a very good
RandallShane
Mar 29, 2017
Tanesha Lon
Mar 15, 2019
Elle Stewart
rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2018
Jackie Morris

• True Places
  • The Things We Do for Love
  • America Before: The Key to Earth's Lost Civilization
  • Where the Hell is Tesla?
  • The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right
  • Surviving The Forest
  • The Price of Time
  • University of Success
  • The Godfather Classic Quotes
  • How to Be a Power Connector: The 5+50+100 Rule for Turning Your Business Network Into Profits
  • The Capitalist Code: It Can Save Your Life and Make You Very Rich
  • The Wal-Mart Way: The Inside Story of the Success of the World's Largest Company
  • Fingerprints of the Gods: The Evidence of Earth's Lost Civilization
Daniel Verastiqui writes dystopian cyber-thrillers from his poorly ventilated home office in Austin, Texas. He is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with a BA in English, but doesn't really see how that's relevant to you enjoying his books. His "writing deal" is all about exploring relationships and identity in the context of ubiquitous technology, pervasive violence, and frequent ...more