Start by marking “The Christmas Project” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Project

The Christmas Project

Professional organiser Kate Stone has never – NEVER – been tempted to hit a client over the head with a snow shovel, but Michael O'Farrell is the most obnoxious – and heart-stoppingly gorgeous – man she has ever met. If he weren't her best friend’s brother, she would not have waited on his doorstep in the freezing cold for five minutes, let alone an hour.

Kate knows, howeve
Published November 14th 2016 by Carina

Start your review of The Christmas Project
Irena BookDustMagic
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4,5

I feel like I've been so lucky with my books lately.
Since HoHoHo readathon started, I read some amazing festive novels, and this one did not dissapoint.
Now, I only hope my luck will continue.

The Christmas Project has everything you want in a festive read: beautiful cover that catches eye, amazing setting with beautiful descriptions of surrounding, cold and snow, interesting protagonist and likeable side characters, hot guy and cute puppies.

description

I mean, what else could you ask for?
J
Nicola
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you're after a fix of cute, festive fun with a fabulous cast of characters then The Christmas Project is one to add to your list. Sometimes you just get a good feeling about a book from the blurb, and this was very much the case here.

"Michael O’Farrell, was merely abrasive and rude, no matter how tall, dark and gorgeous the wrapping was."

This was a delightful story of two people brought together who quickly develop a love/hate relationship. As a professional organiser, Kate is asked by h
Claire
Shelves: christmas
4 - "You're not alone any more." Stars!

If you are looking for a little Scrooge in your seasonal reading, then I don’t think you can go far wrong in giving The Christmas Project by Maxine Morrey a go.

And Michael O’Farrell was a pretty likeable Scrooge at the end of the day, even when being a grump, you can sense that there is a caring and considerate man hiding behind the scruffy clothes and Irish brogue.

"I know the I’m difficult and impatient and impossible to deal with – God knows I’ve been tol
Lyndy Ann ♫
I have mixed feelings about The Christmas Project it was an enjoyable read, I liked the all the characters especially Michael, the story had it ups and downs and it was Christmasy.

I would not class this as a romance Kate was hired by Janey Michael's sister to organise his house after his divorce everywhere is a mess.

The time period in the story is about six weeks were they get to know each other after their disaster of a first meeting and how Michael changes with each appointment and I loved how
Trisha Tomy
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-coms, tb-oct-2020
I just loved it!

I did not know that I had a Maxine Morrey book on my shelves that I hadn't read. And so, when I was sick of The Vine Witch, and stopped in between to peruse my shelves to find something, anything better than the romance in that, I started this.

And I loved it!

This was just perfect, what with the cold season, a kinda haters-to-enemies trope, seriously good friendships, a really to-die-for brother-sister relationship, angst done perfectly; I can't praise this enough.

I also liked
Carla
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
**I received a free copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Ok, so this book is very cute and has a great main character, I seriously loved reading about Kate! But I feel like I need to get some things off my chest about Mr. O'Farrell here, Kate's love interest.

My first impression of him was awful... I mean, the guy is super rude. And there are other things as well, especially as we get to see him more during those first encounters with Kate.

Now, maybe this is a p
Molly
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Perfect

Christmas wouldn't be the same without a cheesy chick-lit, this one did it for me, I didn't want it to end. The characters are perfect and the story is carefully written, please make another festive read next year! :)
superawesomekt
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Maybe my favorite fluffy Christmas romance so far this year—and I've been on quite the binge! Lots of predictable misunderstandings but I always expect that from this genre. The London setting, banter, and couple chemistry were all really cute. Just a smattering of mild and mostly British language, that I can remember, and no bedroom scenes (there are references and implications though). ...more
Victoria
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It was predictable and formulaic but I think that’s what I was looking for just now. Great first Christmas book of the year for me. I really fell for the characters and just thought it was great.
Crisanda (Sapphire)
The best thing about The Christmas Project is its cover. Which is not to say that The Christmas Project is a bad book. It is just extremely predictable. Usually, when reading books of this genre, I expect the predictability. Want it even. I find it comforting to know that at the end of a bunch of cheesy but cute awkward situations there will be a happy ending.

Unfortunately, Maxine Morrey took it a little too far. Right from the start, the writing seemed a bit forced and everything in this book's
Grass monster
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved last years festive treat from Maxine Morrey, but boy did she deliver this year!. This has to be so far my favorite Christmas read. I loved, loved, loved it.
In The Christmas Project we meet Kate Stone, Professional organiser. As a favour for her best friend Janey, she has agreed to declutter her brothers house in time for Christmas. Since Michael O'Farrell's girlfriend left him, he has left things go and the house is a bit of a mess. Initial meeting doesnt go well after he is late for the
Tea & Cake for the Soul
The Christmas Project is a light hearted romance set in North London during December. Kate is a house doctor and is set up by her friend to declutter her brother Michael's home in time for Christmas.

There's definite friction between the two of them but it's obvious from the blurb of the book what will happen. Just enjoy the read which includes a trip to Covent Garden and a dog rescue.
Helen Dunn
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bought this for .99 and decided to start reading it last night.......hours later, I'm finished. This was the perfect piece of holiday fluff to clear my brain after the depressing novel "American War" that I just finished.

Christmas Project is about Kate, a lonely professional organizer who decides to take on a reluctant client + a rush assignment because his sister, her friend, asks her to. The client turns out to be ultra handsome architect Michael, who is a bit gruff and broken hearted after b
Mrs. Bookworm
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Maxine writes her characters especially the men.

I love that the book is filled with conversations between characters; their getting to know stage.

I flew through the pages of this book & I didn't want it to end.

Uhhhh...my heart broke of Kate & goosshh I love Michael. So sweet.

All the tension, the emotion was well tied up. There is no unnecessary conflict just to create drama.

The story flowede very well for me.
Leigh Collazo
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awww...this was so cute and sweet! I read at least one Christmas book every year in December. The Christmas Project started a bit slow, but it does pick up eventually. If you are looking for a cute, relatively clean rom-com for the holidays, you can't go wrong with this one. It's like a Hallmark movie in a book. ...more
Christi
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I enjoyed this one so much that I actually pulled an all-nighter to finish it. So charming and full of great banter. Now to find another novel by Morrey. I think I'm really going to enjoy her books. ...more
Damelapin
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting job and both characters were likeable. Am also a bit annoyed when one of them is playing blind
Emily
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

"'My name is Kate Stone.' The name didn't seem to spark any recognition. 'You had an appointment with me for six o'clock this evening.'
He lifted his hand and wiggled his wrist a little until a watch face peeked out enough from his sleeve to see the time.
'It's gone seven.'
'Yes. It is.'
'So why are you still here?'
This is exactly why I hated doing favours for friends."

Really cute, clean, adorable holiday romance set in London. Perfect for fans of Mr. Rochester :)
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

The Christmas Project is full of fun and giggles. There are a couple of images that I think will stay with me a long time, including a scene that had "thong" and "The Hungry Caterpillar" in the same sentence, which I think you will agree doesn't happen that often.

I loved Kate and Michael's banter between them. They start off hating each other, but accepting that as a favour to Janey (Kate's best friend, and Michael's sister) that Kate has a job to do whether Michael likes it or not. Their attit
CARLA
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

I found the cover to be super adorable. I received this ebook from Netgalley in exchange for an honest/unbiased opinion.

I was a bit lost on this one. The chemistry didn’t seem there and it reads as if its supposed to be funny. I don’t know if its cause I’m american but the humor went over my head. And I found that Christmas didn’t really play as big a role as I expected, like it wasn’t emphasized except as a deadline.

It took a LONG time to get to the point
Helen
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“There was a gorgeous man, a lovely dog, a comfy bed and bacon sarnies. If Heaven doesn’t contain those things, then frankly I was far less keen to go.”

Every year around this time, I am in search of a fun chick lit read about Christmas romances. What is there not to love about both, and in the hectic pace of this time of year, one is always in need of light escapism. With just the right balance of fun, wit and a sprinkling of ‘warm fuzzies’, this Maxine Morrey book delivered the goods. My first
Kate
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 very sparkling 🌟. I swallowed this book in two days. This book and this story is my kind of read. It’s a light, flowing, wonderful, and a heart warming story. I like that it doesn’t drag, there’s constant interaction between the characters and an equal amount of dialog and reflection. But most importantly, it is FUNNY! I’ve laughed reading before but not like this. At a few points, I had to put the reader down and actually give myself time to laugh out loud for a bit. I think I’ll be reading m ...more
Isabell

Originally posted on Dreaming With Open Eyes

I kindly received The Christmas Project in exchange of an honest review by the publisher.

Rating = 3.75

It’s only November yet and all the Christmas books are show up in the review pile again. Has it been a year already? I heard a lot about Maxine Morrey in the past so I was totally excited when I was conteacted by the publisher to read The Christmas Project for publication date. How can you saw no to review a book when it has such a stunning cover as
Trisha Tomy
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tb-oct-2020, rom-coms
I just loved it!

And I loved it!

I also liked
The Booked Mama
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kate Stone has finally met the worst client she's ever had. Unfortunately for Kate this new client of Stone Organization has been taken on as a favor to his best friend Janey. Michael O'Farrell needs all the help he can get and not just with getting his home ready to host Christmas for his family. Kate has never met anyone so rude in her life. Not only was he an hour late for their first meeting but he openly admits to being a single woman's nightmare. His house and his life are so unorganized t ...more
Tara
Started out really strong. I loved it when the main character rightfully called Michael an asshole at the very beginning, but that level of toughness faded into the woodwork nearly immediately given the mc’s penchant for being a pretty bad judge of character and situations, causing herself preventable angst at nearly every turn.

Also, the book very quickly started to feel like I was reading someone’s to do list. It read in a very “I did this. And then I did that. Then I did that...” way. The main
Rach
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? This book was brilliant from the word go, the love-hate dynamic between Mikey and Katie was intense, funny, and everything I wanted in a festive read. The O'Farrell family, their warmth and interplay, Katie's job (which by the way is AWESOME!) with Bernice, the dog shelter with the gorgeous four-legged friends, the past pain for both characters, the fully fleshed out backstories, and the way that Maxine Morrey divulged Katie's history, in particular, was so well done.

By the en
Linda
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable, funny story about an organizer hired to help her best friend's brother organize his house (and life) to host Christmas for the family this year. He is gorgeous, grumpy, and rude. She is a strong woman and a very professional business woman. But she does want to hit him in the face with a snow shovel fairly often at the beginning of the story. You like and understand Katie and the problems she has had. And Michael is really a nice guy.The story is laugh out loud funny and k ...more
janille n g
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, rom-coms
This book is adorable, for sure, and was the perfect holiday read! I needed something as light and fluffy as snow, and this choice certainly did not disappoint.

Having said that, it wasn’t the best chick lit. book ever, and although it tried to muster up some references to Jane Eyre (my most favourite novel of all time), it did so too late in the game for me to really take the comparisons seriously. But, like I said, it was FUN...and what more could you ask for around Christmas?

One mini-rant, th
Carol-ann  Gibson
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas project follows the story of Katie Stone and Michael O'Farrell. Katie is a home organiser and is hired by her friend Janey to organise Michaels house. Michael has been divorced for a couple of years and his house is a disaster. They have until Christmas to get it organised.
Their relationship starts out badly with Michael being very against Katie coming into his house and doesn't believe he needs any help. However the more they spend time together organising the house the more the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Winter Whimsy: Escape this Christmas to the Boardwalk by the Sea
  • Christmas Lights and Snowball Fights
  • Autumn Antics (The Boardwalk by the Sea #2)
  • Snowflakes Over Bay Tree Terrace (Willowbury #2)
  • No Room at the Little Cornish Inn
  • Escape to Christmas Cottage
  • Truth Or Date
  • Stuck On You
  • A Place to Call Home:  a heartwarming novel of finding love in the countryside (Willowbury Book 1)
  • The Tearoom on the Bay
  • My Christmas Romance
  • An Imperfect Christmas
  • Single All The Way
  • Unwanted Bride: a heart-warming love story about courage and hope
  • The Winter We Met
  • Faking It
  • Just for Christmas (Seahorse Harbour Book 3)
  • Drive Me Crazy
Maxine has wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember and wrote her first (very short) book for school when she was ten. Coming in first, she won a handful of book tokens – perfect for a bookworm!

As years went by, she continued to write, but ‘normal’ work often got in the way. She has written articles on a variety of subjects, as well as a book on Brighton for a Local History publisher.

News & Interviews