Start by marking “Rock On: Katinka (Heavy Metal Romance: Slava Pasha #1)” as Want to Read:
Rock On: Katinka (Heavy Metal Romance: Slava Pasha #1)

Rock On: Katinka

(Heavy Metal Romance: Slava Pasha #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Katinka Von is a firecracker.
Used to being on her own, she avoids commitment like the plague.
But what is she to do when her brother, lead singer of a famous heavy metal band, wants her to go on tour with him?
Unable to say no, Katinka agrees to go on tour.
What will be fall her on the road? Will she find something or perhaps someone to commit to?
Published September 26th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Rock On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock On

J. Saman
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 4-4.5 stars

This is a different sort of rock star romance. Katinka (Tink) has been asked by her brother Nik who is the lead singer of a heavy metal rock band to join his tour for a few months. Her brother Nik has suffered a serious health issue and needs Tink (who writes many of their songs) to help sing in their shows. How could she say no, especially to a brother that she's very close with? The only female girl as part of the band can be challenging, especially when she's known al
J.B. Trepagnier
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
The story line was good and the sex was hot. As a musician, it was nice seeing a girl included in the band in this type of story. It would have been nice to see a little more background as to what her reaction was to performing on stage for the first time as an adult. Most musicians start getting over stage fright as children. I liked Tink and she's a strong, female character who knows exactly what she wants.

What drew me out of the story several times is that it needs a few rounds of editing. So
Joel Crofoot
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Tink is dragged into touring with her brother's band, she begins by meeting another group of musician who accompany her own rockers on a tour. Fortunately for her they are like sex on a stick, but her many escapades will she stick to her "no strings attached" rule? If not, then who would she finally end up with?
What I love the most about this book is that the protagonist is unapologetic about getting her needs met. The author is more than willing to challenge the ridiculous conventional so
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Katinka Von is the sister of Nikolia Von,
the lead singer and front-man for the heavy metal band Slava Pasha.
when Nik ends up sick he needs the help of his sister to save the bands career.
Katinka can sing just as good as her brother so she goes on tour with the band.
While on tour she needs to make some life altering decisions.
great read
Janee
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF

Got to about 45% in this book. Decided it wasn't for me. I don't have a problem with sex in a book, but when it's one after another with different people in the course of supposed be a day then it gets to much.
Blue
Dec 27, 2017 marked it as notforme-previewed
This one sounded really interesting. Sadly, the writing style just wasn't working for me and I wonder yet again why writers feel lack of contractions is the 'correct' way to write. IMO it feels stiff and unnatural and doesn't flow at all. Not something I can lose myself in reading so I'll pass.
Tasha Hooks PA
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Totally worth the Book Hangover!!! HOT!!! ONE HANDED READ LIKE A MO-FO!!!

This is a story about a Freebird type of woman Tink, who lives by her own accords. She lives by her own rules. Tink is alone with just her Heavy Metal Rock Star brother and his friends, who are just like her brothers, because all of their parents all grew up together and moved to the States together from Russia. Their families bought homes in a community and they were all raised together.

They hit Tink up to let her kno
Book-Lovin-Momma
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tink's brother and rock family were quite an interesting group, loyal to each other in their twisted way. There's a lot of steaminess in this story as Tink tries to find herself. I loved who she ended up with, but I would have really liked to see more dialogue and discussion about their relationship. There really wasn't much, so I hope that the subsequent books in this series provides more relationship development rather than just having sex. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this ...more
SA
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get ready for a steamy AD Herrick book! Katinka is taken to tour with her brother, Nik's hard metal band and she rocks harder than them. She is not your traditional female in a book, she does think like a man, drinks like a man and she likes having fun like a man. In fact, she becomes a bit hard to handle for the members of the band, all of whom she calls brothers. But, are all those gorgeous specimens really like brothers to her? As she listens to her heart, she realizes fun is fun but is not t ...more
Katie Sadan
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rock On!!

Rock Star Romance !!

This is the first book I've read by this author and it definitely won't be the last. You've got the heroine Katinka, who's grown up with her big brother Nikolia and his friends who are in a famous rock band. To say that Katinka plays by her own rules would be an understatement, she plays just as hard as the boys. So what happens when she has to go on the road with the band? You'll have to read the book and find out just how much fun she can have. I can't wait to read
Maven
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Move over alpha male rockstars, Katinka Von, the strong independent, kick ass heroine is in the house! After having the rock and roll life thrust on her, Katinka (Tink) decides to enjoy life (and sexy men and women) to the fullest. With a NSA (no string attached) mindset she doesn't bargain on falling in love, but when she does it is a hot, wild, sexy ride to a happy ever after that left me breathless.
Lisa B. Lovely
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tink is freaking phenomenal! She's 28 and ROCKS with the guys in her brother's band like nobodies business. She's confident in herself and in her sexuality. The guys in the band are all Alpha males that take care of her and have her back. Her happily ever after is amazing!

I'm definitely reading more from this author.
Kari Hargrave
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This is the first time I have read a book from this author, and I was completely blown away. The story line grabs you from the first page and you fall in love with all of the characters. Not to mention the steamy scenes. I absolutely recommend you read all of the Slava Pasha Series.....I know I am!!
Brandi
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Would like to have had more

Would liked to have more story. I thought there was too much sex for such as short read. Would have been disappointed if was charged more than $.99. Knoxville is my home and I liked this book for initially making Knoxville the location.
Michele Del Rey
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Katinka or Tink goes on tour with her brother Nick. She begins an adventure that is hot and fun. But, will she fall in love? I really enjoyed this book, which was my first book from this author. I will be reading more.
Coralee Corrigan
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Elizabeth Gardner
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely enjoyed this novel. This is the first time I have read this author but definitely won't be my last. Can't wait to read thee second book in this rocker series.
Nstefa
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars the Russian rock stars are here to play but then shit hits the fan and the Cupid strikes them unexpectedly
Ann
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of the revised book which removed errors previously allowed through.
This promises to be an excellent series once revised editions are published.
A.S. McGowan
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I grabbed this book with my Kindle Unlimited subscription and I must tell you the one word that comes to mind is WOW. I have reread my favorite scenes multiple times. The characters in this book are ones that live inside your head for a long time. Katinka Von (Kit) is amazing. She is the younger sister to the Slava Pasha band's lead singer Nik and honorary sister to his band mates. The characters grew up together and have that from cradle to grave friendship. However, even though she is younger ...more
Shanet Outing
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeeeee

The book was fast paced with the chain of events going on. I thought it was cool that Tink got out of her shell from a ghost liner to performing live on stage with her brothers. I also like how she knew what she want and how to get. She was a trip and full of energy! I am so pleased with how the book ended. I love happy endings. Most importantly I love, love. Cannot wait to read more of your work!
Fallen
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
As somebody who tends to avoid contemporary romances (because of saturation of stereotypes and perhaps, unwittingly patriarchal ideations), I wasn’t keen on reading this book despite its recommendation. I have to admit I had my doubts and started reading expecting the worse.

Now, I have to admit I was wrong. Rock On was innovative and imaginative with quirks of humour and hubris. Herrick’s characterization of Katinka, “Tink,” as an empowered albeit endearing woman who fronts her brother’s band r
Lana Campbell
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tink is the girl on fire in this sexy romp of a story. Tink gets pulled into touring with her brother's heavy metal band because she discovers her brother is recovering from throat cancer. Devistated, Tink agrees to sing with them even though she's always played a behind the scenes role with her brother's band. Out of the gates on tour she's into sexual encounters with several hot guys from neighboring bands and it looks like she's just out for fun, because her motto is NSA, no strings attached. ...more
kobie
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! Sexy sexy sexy
Not for kids
A.D. Herrick
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
A.D. Herrick
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Janet Bacic
Feb 08, 2018
Jessica
Sep 14, 2018
Michelle
Jul 23, 2018
Beth Marie
Dec 28, 2017
Hey everyone! My name is A. D. and I write those dirty romances you can't help but love. I'm a southern girl that loves to read and check out smoking hot men! Yeah, I said it. I love objectifying men.

When I'm not ogling the goods you can find me with a book in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Coffee is the stuff of gods!

If your looking to follow me closer you can find me on FB, Instagr

Heavy Metal Romance: Slava Pasha (5 books)
  • Rock Harder: Nikolia (Heavy Metal Romance: Slava Pasha #2)
  • Rocking Away: Damon (Heavy Metal Romance: Slava Pasha #3)
  • Always Rocking (Heavy Metal Romance: Slava Pasha #4)
  • Still Rocking (Slava Pasha #5)