Start by marking “Exit Signs” as Want to Read:
Exit Signs

Exit Signs

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Researcher Tracy Price is trying to find a dead writer and forget a live musician.

Rock star Jesse Elliot is sure Tracy is demented, and she believes he wouldn’t recognize the truth in a lineup of Bibles. Their only hope is to stop trying to read each other’s minds and start speaking their own.

Anyone who has ever had a crush, felt betrayed, or been forgiven will appreciat
Published September 28th 2016 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Exit Signs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exit Signs

Susan Haught
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wfwa
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review.

Whether it be television, movies, or books, it takes a LOT to make me laugh, and I found myself laughing out loud (an even rarer occurrence) at the wit in this book. I truly could not wait for evening to come, for the day the close when I could open the pages of this book and fall into the banter created by Ms. Locke.

The story caught my attention right off...who hasn't fallen victim to a crush on a star? I ran through the Las Vegas air
Susan Berger
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am giving five stars, only because Amazon and Goodreads don't allow ten.
When I read the ARC of Exit Signs I fell in love. I hoped to be amused. I wasn't prepared to be blown away.
I love this book! I fell in love with Patrice's voice and most of all, with Tracy. To me, this a romantic comedy the way Austen books and the Shopaholic books are romantic comedies. I read till I couldn't keep my eyes open and dreamed about it in my sleep.
This novel is intelligent, full charming understated humor a
Tina
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Had me hooked from the beginning

I absolutely loved this book! It was very intriguing and I couldn’t put it down. It had my emotions all over the place. It’s a must read by this author. I really can’t wait to read more by her.
Rhonda Gilmour
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It’s always a delight to read a book after having met the author. I met Patrice Locke at this year’s Women Fiction Writers’ Association retreat in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which is also the setting of this delightful tale. In fact, we met just a few days before her book’s release, and she was a bit nervous about the whole business. She needn’t have been—this story is a delight.
Researcher and ghost writer Tracy Price is hired to help dreamy rock star Jesse Elliot with his memoir. Sparks fly, natu
K.L. Romo
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wfwa-reading
Tracy Price’s life is rolling along quite nicely. She loves her job as a videographer making documentary films, and doing some ghost writing on the side. But when she takes on the job ghostwriting the autobiography of Jesse Elliot, an aging rock star, the orbit of her mundane life is suddenly knocked off-kilter.

He can walk around unrecognized, but he rarely goes unnoticed.

Googling Jesse, Tracy finds fragments about Jesse’s life, but can’t get a handle on the big picture. Who is this man? She
Beejay
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading this book was enjoyable on two levels: firstly, the story-line itself, and, secondly, the fact that the author is a friend of mine.

I purchased the book on Kindle when it was first released and promised myself that I would read it asap. Things (life?) happened, got in the way, put up obstacles, and, despite every good intention, it was months before I did get around to reading it. And then what prompted me was the fact that my husband, working in a remote location, scrolled through his Ki
Jes Smith
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I loved the writing, voice and characters in Exit Signs. The author has a lot of great lines and I found myself highlighting multiple passages throughout the book and wishing I had come up with them :) Lines like "Unaware of my epiphany, the sky stayed plain old blue, and the driver pulled into traffic as if it were an ordinary day." Or "This was a full stop ending. There was no reason to think it might be a semicolon waiting for a sentence to continue." A lot of truth in those lines.

The protago
Claire Lyons
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: via-mrs-average
I so enjoyed reading this! I was a bit nervous as Romance isn't really my thing, but I loved the humour and the pace of the book - and actually really liked the characters as well. I hoped for the happy ending, but it wasn't a foregone conclusion and that was a pleasant change. I have even tried to vary my snack habits, inspired by the book. I would certainly encourage people to read it, the style of writing and the intertwining storylines are a real pleasure.
Susan James
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought copies to give friends. That's how much I love it. It blew me away,
I fell in love with the author's 'voice' and most of all, with Tracy. To me, this a romantic comedy the way Austen books and the Shopaholic books are romantic comedies.
This novel is intelligent, full charming understated humor and wonderfully delineated characters. Highly recommend.
Zan Marie Steadham
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Either a romantic comedy or romantic suspense, but who cares? The main character, a documentary writer, is always trying to pin down the genre controlling her life with limited success--until she meets Jesse Elliot and then all bets are off. Fun Read!
Jennifer Bohnhoff
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Fun romantic comedy for smart women who are tired of the usual romantic drivel.
Will Decker
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two reasons I didn't give this 5 stars. The first is that it got a little long-winded in the telling and the second is the lack of detail in the bedroom scenes. The character development is good, the editing clean, and it's an interesting twist on your normal romance plot. The heroine might be a tad ditsy, and the hero might be just a bit of an egotist, but they seem to click together, for now. An entertaining read even if it seemed to drag at times.
Diane McKenzie
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Engaging and entertaining from beginning to end. Very hard to put down. Well written, great setting, and the author demonstrated an incredible sense of humor. It's a feel good book with many twists and turns on the way.
sharon sobzak
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Ends up enjoyable

The first 15 chapters were a bit difficult to get through.. Seemed glib and lots of genre talk, but I kept reading. Then it got philosophical and the pretty good. Glad I finished it.
luayne
Jul 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Read first 15 pages. No interest. Did not finish.
Stephanie
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: womens-fiction
Fun debut! Such a refreshing voice from Patrice Locke! She presents some interesting history of Albuquerque without getting too serious, but also brings the fun without getting too light or silly. This book is just right!

I love the lead character, Tracy. Again, Patrice delivers a perfect balance. Tracy is independent and strong, with just a touch of insecurity or self-doubt, which makes her relatable and real. I enjoyed hearing her humorous thoughts, but most of all her funny snack combinations
Jill Anderson
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wfwa
If you are looking for a light-hearted, witty, funny book with a slice of romance and a side of mystery-solving, this is a perfect novel for you!
I had the pleasure of listening to the author read a short scene from this book and Patrice has great humor - which comes out in the clever writing of this novel!
Betty Wellman
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Exit Signs, Exit Wounds

I really enjoyed this story. I thought I knew the direction it was going several times, and then the road curved and took a detour, then got sort of back on the road. I loved the "thinking" dialogue that was "answered", and the crazy snacks were great, too! Great read!
Cyrene Olson
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
UncagedBooks.com

I really liked the story it was a romance and a mystery all rolled into one. Enjoyed learning about Loretta’s past, Tracy’s future and how love doesn’t turn out how you would expect it to. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. Reviewed by Jennifer

Read the full review in the December issue of Uncaged Book Reviews.
Dorene Kahl
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an adorable, clever romance that captures Albuquerque perfectly (except for the anomalous grassy green cover pic). The plot with its historical mystery works well and the main characters, with all their foibles, are believable.

Jodi Nierman
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
Love the witty characters, the play on words, and the interwoven mysterious plot twist of this romance novel. Can't wait until the author writes another!
Sandra
Julia Terlesky
Aug 12, 2018
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

This novel is a rarity in its near perfection.

Read full review in the
Bookschatter
Jan 14, 2017
As a journalist, Patrice Locke wrote articles about everything from city councils and drug busts to Navajo Code Talkers and haunted houses.

Eventually, the desire to give the stories she wrote happy endings led her to write fiction. The best thing about that, she says, is having time to think before her characters speak, so they can say the things most of us only come up with after the perfect mome
More about Patrice Locke

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Hard Love (Hacker #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • A Walk to Remember
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
    $6.99 $0.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)