Start by marking “Impressions of You (The Impressions Duet, book 1)” as Want to Read:
Impressions of You (The Impressions Duet, book 1)

Read Book

Impressions of You

(The Impressions Series #1)

From the bestselling author of the Young Adult novel “Away From Here” and “Our Story” comes The Impressions Duet—2 stories of 2 best friends as they seek to overcome the struggles of their pasts, and forge a new future. These are stories of personal strength, love, overcoming family obstacles, and the challenges of living with social anxiety.

REVIEW BLURBS:

“…Well-written w
Kindle Edition, 1, 209 pages
Published November 1st 2016 by Christopher Harlan (first published October 23rd 2016)

Olga therebelreader
In short:
Hero 3/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 3/5 | Steam 3/5 | Romance 3/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 1/5 | Secondary Characters 3/5 | Drama-Conflict 3/5 | Mystery 2/5 | Twists 3/5 | Pacing Fast | Action 3/5
Tanaka K
Ever had a book that moved you to the core? Ever had a book that simply made your heart bleed out with emotions. Impressions of You is a debut book by Christopher Harlan that simply told a beautiful story of love, pain and letting go. It was a memorable and a beautiful written story that I simply could not get enough of. I enjoyed reading it immensely.

Impressions of You is the story of Mia, special education teacher who meets Wesley, a wealthy man with a painful past and rocked by personal issue
Nance
One of my favorites of the year! Anything about autism is a special read since it hits so close to home. And, this author portrays the disorder very authentically. So many actions and reactions were spot-on perfect. Can't hope to wonder how much research was put into this or if the author has autism within his home-life. Anyway, I loved the romance between the couple! A male author writing such steamy and sensual love scenes really was a bonus. There were some tender and moving moments within th ...more
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
So good! Even brought on some tears!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I picked this book up on a whim never expecting it to be so damn good. I have read few romances by male authors and this book was not only a surprise as far as the story but in terms of the hot story too.

You get an awesome cast of characters that you just connect with and a a range of emotion that spans the spectrum. Overall a wonderful story that you will not put down easily.

Corrie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Impressions of You, staring Mia Careri and Wesley Marsden, is the love story not only of these two characters, but also of a man's deep love for his family.

In a random meeting, Wesley, the Patriarch of his family, and Mia, a dedicated special needs teacher begin a romance that neither expected to find. Navigating through the beginning stages of love and the high demands of her job, Mia realizes this relationship is different from any other she has ever had before. But Wesley's secrets and strang
Debbie Duncalf
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the debut novel of new author Christopher Harlan.
I was asked to do a beta read on this by Christopher, for a first time author I have to say that this author writes really well. He manages to capture his reader by weaving us a magical story of finding love and dealing with the things that have been a worry to them for some time.
The love story between Mia and Wesley is a delight to read and follow them as they embark on their forever or not together.
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
4 Stars to Impressions Of You (The Impressions Series #1) by Christopher Harlan

From the cover I assumed this book was erotic romance. Although there are some smokin' sexy scenes, this book was so much more: emotional, intense.

The author wrote an emotional story with complex and intelligent characters. There was a good amount of angst and tension with some light suspense which added even more depth. This was my first book (and his, I believe) by this author.

I have very little personal experience
Amanda*Tears & Lipstick Smears Book Blog
* I received an ARC that I promised to review. I have no affiliation with the author or publisher.*
description

Christopher Harlan didn't just step in the literary world, he busted the damn door down. He knows how to write a story that will keep you engaged and turning them pages. His characters are well thought out with a depth that surprised me. The romance is beautiful, heartwarming and poignant. While most of the time the instant feelings are a hard concept to pull off, Christopher done it brilliantly. H
Kim Byrd
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Christopher Harlan knocked it out of the ball park with this book!!! It was a good read from start to finish! I didn't want to put it down. Wesley has inner demons and emotional issues he struggles to deal with. Mia is a strong, intelligent female, teaching special needs children, with the worst choice in men. Who know one cup of coffee at a place neither wanted to go to, would change their lives' directions? insight into two mental health issues, that aren't really discussed. I applaud Mr. Harl ...more
Misti  Long
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely Worth Reading

This is my first book I've read of Christopher Harlan although I've known of him for awhile. I have a particular reading thing that I do. I read one author until I complete their books then I move on.

I'm really sorry now I didn't read him sooner. I liked this book from the beginning and it's really hard to believe it's his first book.

It's got a bit of it all. Funny, sexiness, good story line and of course we can't leave out the drama. I mean really it's romance for a re
J.A. Lafrance
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read a ton of books, but this one gave me more feels that a lot of books.
This book will make you see he highs and lows, and it will turn you inside out and then right you.
I loved this read and am seriously looking forward to more from this Author.
Get writing Mr. Harlan.
Tamara
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“…whenever two people come into contact, no matter how briefly, they leave an impression on one another; that they exchange something by coming into contact with one another, even if it’s something as small as a few particles that couldn’t be seen with the naked eye.”

The synopsis for the book pretty much wraps up what the story is about, so let me just jump right in with my thoughts because I don’t want to give anything away…..

Impressions of You is Christopher Harlan’s debut novel, but you would
Beth Hurley
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This author had me hooked with the blurb. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. When I was finally able to start reading it I couldn't put it down. I absolutely loved this book. Everyone needs to read it. I loved the characters and everything about it. Can't wait to see what this author comes up with next.
Trenna Harris
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well done!

I get a little skeptical when I find out this is from a first time author, but you would think he has been writing for years! I was overwhelmed with emotion . Mia and Westley's banter was comical and fun. Then hearing about Annabelle's was gut wrenching. Now I can't wait for the next one!
Joy Boutwell
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Impressions of you by Christopher Harlan is a must read. It has a sexy of. If you like a mild sex book this is one to get. The story is awesome and well written. Mia is a teacher of special needs kids and Wes is a wealthy genius with demons. He meets Mia and an awesome story unfolds. Can't wait for more of this authors books.
Nounoune
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
The story is ok but I don't like the heroine for her insecurity.
Home Is Where the Wine Is Book Blog
Sensual, beautiful, heartwarming. Those were some of my thoughts while reading Christopher Harlan’s debut novel, Impressions of You. I immediately became addicted to his beautiful words. Like a poet he melding the story into something breathtaking.

The heroine was realistic and very loveable. Wesley…whew, his vulnerable persona made me want to jump through the pages and give him a big hug. I suffer from anxiety as well and was able relate with him and his inability to handle crowds.

The steamy sce
Debbie Guzak
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story that left me wanting more 😱

Oh wow, what a story. This was a wonderful story that had my emotions all over the place. I was unsure of Wesley at first I have to be honest, however I quickly came to love him. Mia was so sassy and funny, I found myself laughing out loud to the banter between the two of them. I enjoyed reading a story that touched on the special needs children and the struggles that they and their families face as far as education. Also the toll it takes on them as we
Tre Talbot
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story pulls on the heartstrings non stop, this story is one that surrounds serious topics blended in with a romance. What starts out with a basic cup of black coffee brews into so much more and we go deep down into the past of Wesley and learn so much about what made him the man he is today. Mia is such a passionate caring woman that gives her all into her work, the connection between her and Wes is instantaneous. This story had be holding my hand to my heart as I was reading and other mome ...more
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough great things about this book...you can tell that Christopher put his heart and soul into these words. They were beautifully written.
I loved the depth of the characters and the story. I mean it's pretty hard NOT to love a handsome as fuck millionaire right? Well Wesley is handsome, but he is also has a heart of gold. His "flaws" are endearing and make him that much more lovable.
Mia is a caring school teacher who has has some luck with men, but that all changes one night when
Dayreader Reviews
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blown Away! From the first page of the prologue, which took my breath away, I could not stop reading. This is a debut novel by Christopher Harlan, and I will be reading the next book from this talented author. Wesley and Mia meet in a coffee bar and their interaction is perfect. It is light and funny and I wanted to know more. As the story progresses, their relationship becomes complex. Wesley is not what he seems, and yet, he is an open book.

The romance in this book is off the charts, and Chri
Pat Griffy
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So good

First book for me by Christopher Harlan and will definitely not be the last. Love Mia and Wesley's story. I love the fact that so much is about real life. Panic attacks, anxiety and special needs of all kinds are so much a part of real life. Wesley had to overcome so much and his love for Mia really is what got him through some really rough situations.
Mia...I am in awe of her. She has so much dedication to her kids and is so passionate in her job and with Wesley.
Would maybe like to see
Cassandra
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Puzzle Pieces
This is the first book by this up and coming writer, Christopher Harlan, and I can't wait to read more! If I didn't know that he was a new author, well, the book doesn't feel like it's written by a newbie! I won't give any spoilers, you really have to read this book! I absolutely loved this book! I couldn't wait to put my review up! Mia Careri and Wesley Marsden, meet in a coffee shop. She loves her job as special needs teacher. Wesley is a mysterious man. With a new relationship bl
BJ
Jul 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: disliked
Well once again I am out of sync with other readers. This is a contemporary setting, and I expect reality but what I read was both boring and silly. So much telling, most of it boring and I just didn't care about either of them. The h is so selfish and demanding, and we are told over and over how she is great because she is special needs teacher. Yes, and she takes a man she has just met to children in her care and allows him to whisper to a child with special needs? Not even close to the real w ...more
Anna Hay
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book . Lost sleep because of this book. this is my first book by this author and it was worth every minute of lost sleep. Cannot wait to read the next book...or even read every book he writes. This story of Wesley and Mia was how I envision a relationship should be. The parts where she is all in her head and working out how not to let imaginary events take over, the parts where he is trying to let her in but can't seem to get past himself to that, how they both recognize and see that. ...more
Jeanette
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Right from the page one this story flowed well and grabbed your attention. If I didnt have to work yesterday this would have been a one sitting read for me. The relationship between Wesley and Mia became this complex thing fairly quickly and then you realize that there really isn't any other way it could be for these two people. I loved loved loved the epilogue! I look forward to reading more of Christopher Harlans work but I'm thinking I need to start them on my days off so all I need to do is ...more
Mardell Bonasso
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book by Christopher Harlan very much. This author combined issues like anxiety disorders, high intelligence, special needs persons and traumatic life experiences into a well written book. Wesley and Mia's story had all the feels, some drama, heartache, happiness, humor, and sarcasm but mostly love. There were several times throughout the book that I needed tissues. I highly recommend Impressions of You if you are looking for a book that will give you that feel good feeling while t ...more
Chris
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading this wonderful story I have a hard time believing that this was the first book published by Christopher Harlan! The characters are well developed, the plot was unique and the book was well written.
Fate had to play a part when these characters meet. Wesley and Mia are from different backgrounds yet one chance meeting and the connection they have is too strong to deny. As they get to know each other they realize they have more in common than they first realized.
Joanne Coughlin
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was my 1st book of Christopher Harlan's. I was lucky to win a contest and scored this book! I was so impressed with the depth of the relationship between Wes and Mia. Their love was fast and palpable. Totally gave me the feels! I am hooked and about to continue on with this series! Great plot, great friendships, love that popped of the page and some seriously hot love scenes. Perfect way to spend my day! A definite must read!
Pamela Lunder
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing read. I loved it from the first chapter. Mia is such a good hearted person. What she does for her special needs kids. She is amazing. Wesley has his issues but he is a good guy. I loved how Mia helped Wesley even when she doesn't even know she is helping him. They are there for each other. Their feelings were very deep and their connection is amazing. I really enjoyed this story and can not wait to read more in this series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Keys to Jericho
  • Roamer (Nomad, #3)
  • New Mercies
  • A Right to Remain
  • Fractured Lies (MAC Security #1)
  • Sin
  • Necessary Evil (Sentinels of Babylon, #1)
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • More (All or Nothing, #2)
  • Elusive Love
  • Daisies & Devin
  • The Found (Crow City, #2)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • The Things That Make Me Give In
  • Soft Limits
  • Season of Wishes (Draycott Abbey #5)
  • Easy Little Lick
  • Seven Days
With an introverted mind and a sarcastic sense of humor, Christopher Harlan has been many things throughout his life. He started life as a mixed up mixed kid, like his protagonist, Logan, in his bestselling Young Adult novel “Away From Here”, and from there he’s been everything from a culinary school student to a doctoral candidate Now he spends his days writing stories as a bestselling author. Th ...more

The Impressions Series (2 books)
  • Impressions of Me (The Impressions Duet, book 2)