Start by marking “A Collateral Attraction (Fire and Ice #1)” as Want to Read:
A Collateral Attraction (Fire and Ice #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

A Collateral Attraction

(Fire and Ice #1)

Some days, it can be tough being an identical twin, especially when your other half is in deep trouble. Billie Delphine has always been content standing on the sidelines while her identical twin sister, Blythe, gets all the attention, including a glamorous lifestyle with billionaire Ethan Kheiron, who will do anything to wrestle back control of the family fortune from his ...more
Published December 15th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about A Collateral Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Collateral Attraction

Avid
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Slow novel with some majorly predictable plot events. There were a few surprises, but not enough to make me read the next book in the series. The novel definitely needed another round of editing, as there were many misused words and sentences that were not edited properly and had extra words from the first version. There were several "Huh?" moments where the character's actions didn't make any sense, not under the circumstances or even within character. So it seemed a bit contrived in those mome ...more
Melanie S
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Billie Rose is NOT like her twin, Blythe. Not sexy, not an up-and-coming NY fashion designer, not dating jet-setter polo-player Ethan Kheiron. In fact, history with ex-boyfriend Andrew has them estranged. An attempt to reconcile brings Billie to NY, where she's mistaken for Blythe, meets CEO Heath Kheiron, brother to Blythe's lover Ethan, and finds herself drawn into globe-trotting corporate intrigue that rivals a James Bond thriller. Nothing is what it seems; no-one can be trusted, and if Billi ...more
MadLoveBookBlog
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really good.
Pragati Chaudhari
Billie, the heroine, is possibly the most real character I've ever read. She's too damn proud, takes things to heart, is insecure and jealous and doesn't have a proper sense of direction. She trusts easily and holds grudges for a long time. She's incredibly self - righteous and doesn't really listen to others. She hasn't really moved on from the heartbreak she felt with her ex a few years ago and is afraid of relationships.

Yes, she is deeply flawed, but that's what makes her so real. I was reall
Barbara Ingram
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*****5 Phoebe And Hilairia Stars*****

This is my first Liz Durano book and I absolutely LOVED it! The writing was superb and the plot unique. Twin sisters, one outgoing, the other reserved. A huge misunderstanding and they become estranged from each other. One lives in New York, the other in a small town in California. One has fashion sense, the other doesn't. Polar opposites. But they are identical twins. What could happen? LOTS!

This story has conspiracy, blackmail, murder, deception, embezzlem
Ana Simons
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Billie and Blythe, the identical twin sisters in this story, have completely different personalities. One is a gentle, withdrawn small-town California girl; the other is an outgoing jet-setter and New York fashion designer.
In a story that is filled with suspense, mystery, lies and even murder, we also have another set of siblings: Heath and Ethan, who are caught up in their father web of intrigues.
When Blythe disappears with billionaire Ethan, her boyfriend, Billie and Ethan see themselves embar
Sharon
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free from the author to read and leave an honest review. Billie's twin sister, Blythe, disappeared with billionaire, Ethan. Ethan's younger brother, who has control of the family business, wants Billie's help in finding them. What a good, sexy mystery. There is mistaken identity, sibling rivalry, lies, murder, secrets, romance and more. This story is a fast-paced, well-written, twist and turn of a romance mystery to keep you guessing. The characters have a depth to them that ...more
Beth Carpenter
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Billie, a small-town California hippie girl is in New York to reunite with her fashionista twin sister, Blythe. Blythe wants to introduce Billie to her wealthy new boyfriend and lifestyle, but a running battle between the boyfriend and his brother drag the sisters into a sinister plot, in which they’re both expendable. Billie finds herself outfitted in designer clothes and jetting around the world with the brother, trying to save her sister from the looming disaster. It doesn’t help that Blythe ...more
Moira
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely surprise

Even though it’s still heavy on romance and more sweet and unrealistic than I prefere, the other aspects of story - fraud line, family and intrigue - was way above what I expected and add the story another star.
When one leave the romance, there were more to the characters and they really had their lives, dreams, history. Sometimes they behaved stupid in the name of plot, but in whole they were better then what I expected from the first few pages.
Plot was tangled too even if you co
Linda Doyle
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Liz Durano is a prolific author of romance novels. I was looking for something light to read during a busy holiday season, when I came upon this previously unknown (to me) author. Though it gets off to a good start--sibling rivalry, a trip to New York City, a handsome stranger--the plot slows down and becomes repetitive midway. There are also some errors, so the book could have used perhaps one more round of editing. But I like the main character and the glamorous settings. The author's descript ...more
Kim
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would have rated it higher,,,,

Great plot with enjoyable characters! I would have given a rating of 4 stars if the author hadn't written the entire book in the present tense. I found the use of present tense throughout the book very distracting and kept looking for a red pen to make corrections. All in all, a very good story and plot with twists and turns.
Jeanne
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
drama, drama, drama
The storyline was fine but my problem was characters. I did not find them believable them and very often questioned the logic of their behaviour. The sister was just annoying to me. Generally, this book was not my taste.
Tamiya Jackson
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!!

Great story!!! This book keep me on my toes. It was a love sorry and a mystery all wrapped into one. Loved it .. great book to read.
Tiffany Copple
This book was filled with suspense and romance at the same time . It made for a great story
Crystal Guerra
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

I would defiantly recommend taking the time to read from beginning to end. Loved the story romance, family drama, and anticipating what's next on every page.
Yvonne
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Interesting concept which could have been better executed and edited. The characters were not as likeable as in some of this author's other books.
Adriana Bonilla
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I can see why soo many people love this book. The characters are really easy to get attached to. But I don't know, I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoyed and like it, but the dialogues, some scenes, it just didn't worked that well for me. And honestly I really wanted to like this book, like really much.
It wasn't bad, just not what I was expecting.
The plot was good, but I think it could be better developed.
Other than that, this book was nice to read, with a heroine who has not much selfconfidence
Elizabeth Connor
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. The characters, though their actions were not always believable, were real and likeable enough. The plot was great. The writing was good, but there were a few things that could have been better with the help of an editor. In some cases there were extra words or repeated words, and there were a couple of typos. For me, the bigger issue was the misuse of idioms and mistakes, such as using the wrong character name during conversation.

Overall, I would recommend the book and I'm
Karen
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fabulous reading experience. I loved the twins experience and having them be exact looking but so different in nature....fun. I did not connect at all with Ethan much in the story. He seemed to be there but no I felt little about him. But Heath was pretty nice. I liked his alpha. The intimate scenes were perfection. I never read detailed sex scenes but this book was just sweet and simmering.
Cherry
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love everything about this book. The story, its so good to read about twins who have problems, books always show that twins are inseparable. I love the characters, I just fell in love with the book and this is maybe the 10th time I am reading this book and I still fall in love with it everytime I read it, let's just say its my comfort book.
Cherry
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved it, I just couldn't put down the book until I reached the last page. It's mysterious and with the right amount of romance it's one of my favorite books. This story is so passionate and beautiful, made up of perfectly imperfect characters that they touch your emotions and take you in their journey with them. It just swept me off my feet. Absolutely loved it.
Stephanie Killen
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this story of wealth, deception and love. What a whirl wind journey for these two. Heath is all work and no play where Billie is all no worries, carefree. Until her twin sister is involved, then it's no holds barred!! She loves her and will go where ever she needs to protect her. Who new love was possible for this charade of a couple. Where will it all end up. Loved it!! Exciting!!
Cassey
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aside from Billie being the one who keeps up the comparisons with her sister, it's an enjoyable book. It was easy to solve the fraud mystery, but the mystery did a good job of keeping the story going at a steady space.
Trina
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story Liz Madrid made the characters come to life.
Ayshwaria
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!! Absolutely my favorite.
Kat J
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 2nd book from Liz Madrid as I just found her via Wattpad in December 2015... definitely enjoyed reading this book and will probably get more of her books to read as well.
Sandra
Glennetta Berthelson
Mar 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Nobody's Hero
  • The White Queen (The Black Prince Trilogy, #2)
  • Breaking A Bad Boy (Bad Boys Western Romance, #4)
  • Love Crazy
  • Aaren
  • Cinderfella
  • Set Up (Second Chance #4)
  • The 'O' Intention
  • Wildings
  • Carmine (Carmine, #1)
  • The Science of Appearances
  • A Perfect Man (International Billionaires, #4)
  • When It's Forever (Always Faithful Book 3)
  • Monster Love