Start by marking “Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9)” as Want to Read:
Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9)

Consolation Prize

(Forbidden Men #9)

Don't you just hate it when someone destroys all your carefully made plans?

I mean, I had goals: college to graduate in one semester, a future I was working hard to reach, and an image of myself I wanted the world to see. My life was stacked into these precisely placed blocks. But then Colton Gamble came along and knocked them all askew.

I hated how he messed everything up,
Paperback
Published November 21st 2016 by Self Published

To ask other readers questions about Consolation Prize, please sign up.
Mahvish She was mentioned in the last book 'Priceless (Forbidden Men #8)' as a new bartender at the nightclub.
Sunshine Based on the context of the story, because I don't remember anything being mentioned in the previous book, Aspen is suffering from postpartum…moreBased on the context of the story, because I don't remember anything being mentioned in the previous book, Aspen is suffering from postpartum depression. (less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 Bickering Stars

photo 200_zpslvreb1s3.gif

Let me start by saying that reading this series was like playing book roulette. I had a knot in my gut each time I start a book wondering if I was going to love it or if it was going to end up pissing me off as that seems to be the two emotions this series tends to pull out of me. Consolation Prize tilted towards the pissed off half more. Cause while I did enjoy it for the most part at times the way Julianna treated Colton really pissed me off. I did end up warming to Juliann
Christy
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

photo E862413F-7920-4C00-B689-9C5C7C93B0FB_zpshquactcf.jpg

Consolation Prize is the ninth and final (*cries*) book in Linda Kage’s Forbidden Men series. This series truly has some of my favorite reads in it. These characters are such a family and have such an amazing bond. I wish the books would never end, I love them this much! Anyway, back on track.

Consolation Prize is about the youngest Gamble brother, Colton. We first meet Colton when he is 8 years old. He’s now 18 and at his freshman year of college. Ten likes to refer to him as his pro
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
3.75 STARS

description

Linda Kage continues to deliver heartfelt, dreamy, sexy, yet powerful stories book after book in this series. All of the books in this collection can however be read as standalones. Yet the characters acculumate throughout the series as this is in fact the youngest of the Gamble boy’s story. Colton Gamble was just a little boy when readers first meet him in this series about six books back.

The story begins at Brandt and Sarah’s wedding. The now college aged Colton Gamble is asked to
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars
I'm used to coming in second place.”
“Not with me you don't.”

There's just something about this series for me that seems to hit the spot each and every single time. These characters have become like family to me. I've grown to love them and root for their HEA and I have to admit that no one tugged at my heart strings more than Brandt and Colton Gamble. Brandt got his HEA in Priceless and I've been eagerly anticipating Colton's turn. The brothers are polar opposites. Brandt serious and
NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "We're a team!!!" stars***

Well, this was the final book in the Forbidden Men series... (Or not??? Just sayin'!!!) and it was very good!!!
This series is one of my favorites and i have loved every single character in here!!!

I will never forget this bunch of crazy people and i will always hold them in a special place in my heart!!!
We saw them to grow up through those books and to become adults and I liked that i witness that...

And here was Colton's turn...

"All you’d need is one taste of me
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

"All you’d need is one taste of me and you’d forget about big brother completely.”

Gahhhhh! I loved this couple, not only did they suit each other perfectly, but they were separately both entertaining, real, honest, and sassy.

Julianna is a bar tender at Forbidden, and has a soft spot for the now married, Brandt Gamble. Brandt loves working with her, they have banter and are good friends, but he feels a little awkward at his wedding when he sees that Julianna is looking a little
Bev
This one didn't really do it for me. As much as I absolutely 100% adored Colton and loved catching up with all my favourites from previous books in the series, I disliked Julianne just as much. I couldn't warm to her at all, (view spoiler). I love reading about a strong, sassy heroine - Julianne sadly was anything but. She was a judgemental bitch who was deliberately unkind to the point of being downright cruel to Colton and that didn't endear ...more
Floripiquita
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Que Linda Kage no es alta literatura creo que lo tenemos claro todas las fans de esta maravillosa saga, pero nos ha dado unos Forbidden Men tan inolvidables que nos da igual. Sus historias son entretenidisimas y más profundas de lo que pueden parecer a primera vista y yo me lo paso tan bien que no puedo menos que aplaudirla y darle cinco estrellas (4,5 en realidad) por lo mucho que me hace disfrutar. Este último libro supone un cierre magnífico para la saga. Colton no puede ser más cachondo, sex ...more
Beverly
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I started reading this series years ago and I fell in love with all the characters and how they created a family for themselves. I love how I feel like I know them and how I just feel at home when I am reading these books. Consolation Prize is the ninth book in the series, but each book features a different couple.

This is Colton’s story and I couldn’t believe enough time had passed for Colton to be old enough for a story, but he is. I am so happy that Linda’s is giving all these guys a story. C
Dali
Linda Kage crafts a beautiful and inspiring story about a relationship between a young white man and a slightly older black woman who apparently have nothing in common but together forge an incredible partnership based on love, respect and friendship.

Maintaining her impeccable image was just one of Julianna Radcliffe’s concerns, adhering to her sensibly constructed life plan in which she saw herself graduating from college and moving out of town for a big and meaningful job were the main one
Ramona
The Forbidden Men Series is one of my all time favorites and after reading 8 books, why not read the 9th one right? Especially after hearing that the hero is going to be Colton, Brandt's little brother. Oh, I feel like Colton grew up in front of my eyes and I can't believe he is finally old enough to have his story and find his HEA (yeee).

His lady is Juliana, Brand't colleague that had a crush on him in Priceless. We all know that is was only one sided, because Brandt loved Sarah and was only me
Dilek VT
FORBIDDEN MEN series is one of my all-times-favorite series. Out of the 9 books in the series, 7 of them are very close to my heart.

Actually, I had been delaying to read this book because of differing reviews about it. Some of my friends liked it and some hated it (or they hated the heroine, ergo they didn't enjoy the book). So, I had to wait for the right time to come to read it.

Recently, I was in a great book slump during which I was saying, “No book is good enough, nowadays” and this feelin
Rose
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it's always the books you least expect.

I mean, seriously. This is about a girl who is *said* to be hung up on the brother of the guy she's sleeping with. SO BAD, SO MESSY. But really it's nothing like I expected and it was perfect and adorable and there was minimal drama between the actual couple. (but drama, nonetheless, this is the forbidden men series we're talking about.)

Overall, it was so sweet and I loved how the couple was like best friends and how they opened up to each other. Also, I ki
Carmen Rae
I have no idea how Linda Kage does it. Every single one of these Forbidden Men have owned me. I sincerely could not sit down and say a single one of them is my favourite as each of them has broken off and kept their own piece of my heart.

And it isn’t like in most cases where the men are amazing and the women are just meh. The leading ladies in these stories have been as kick arse as the amazing men they love. I find with my goldfish memory that series like this tend to get lost on the mountain w
AJ
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 fun, sexy, emotional stars

I have mad love for this series. It’s one of my all-time favourites, and I have been so excited to read about the youngest member of the gang – Colton Gamble (younger brother of Noel, Caroline and Brandt). His story is lots of fun with laugh-out-loud humour, heart-clenching drama, a beautiful romance and I absolutely loved it!

Yes, baby boy Gamble is all grown up, and damn, he’s one sexy, confident, dirty-talking alpha with a smart mouth and a huge heart. We’ve watch
Elizarey
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

photo 1BC54771-89F3-4679-8E6D-12161A27EB9C_zpsxo18qdnw.jpeg

I am so excited for everyone to read this book!!! Consolation Prize is the 9th book in the Forbidden Men series. Don't worry, all books can be read as standalones.

photo 322448BC-E71E-4601-BB7D-715C6267C0F0_zpstaehkjtg.jpg

Julianna has had a crush on Brandt Gamble since they have started working together! But the other younger Gamble brother has been on her mind a lot more lately. His annoying comments and asshole-ish ways keep a smile on her face. I love how sassy and feisty she Julianna was. Julianna has some issues but with Colton she overcomes the
Cleo Lopes
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: favorites
5 GLORIOUS STARS!!!

“description”/

"I know .. I know I am going to love it !! I am really excited for this one !!
I so knew it I would love it!!

Julianna

Colton

“description”/

I discovered this book series accidentally and it has become one of my favorites . I can not belive how fast I have devoured this book.
Beside the fact this book been so fantastic I feel a strong connection with Julliana , not only because we are both in interratcial relationship but also because how strong and persistent this character is..

I will openly s
Valentina
FINALLY!
S E P T E M B E R, 2 0 1 6

I mean, look at this cover.

EXPECTED RELEASE DATE - November 21st, 2016

River
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
This book was kind of a let down, in this series it seems like I like one book dislike the next then like the next and so on.
The main couple didn't do it for me, I didn't felt their chemistry, Julianna was kind of a jerk, she was super rude throughout the book and she treated Colton poorly, I never felt like she redeem herself either.
I was a bit excited to read about an interracial couple but I hated the execution, I've read amazing interratial romance and here it was just too much, the race th
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I really cannot finish this one, I'm sorry. I tried really hard but it's so tough for me to get into the story when the heroine is so unlikeable.

Which is disappointing because first of all I loved Colton as a character. What happened in the 8th book, Brandt's book broke my heart. And that is why I think he deserves better, more.

The sexual chemistry is there as evidenced from the very beginning-- it was mentioned quite numerous of times how attractive Julianna is.... even her name is pretty!!! B
Anka
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Me da mucha pena decirle adiós a la saga, pero ya tocaba que llegara a su final.
*♡Carol♡*
2.5
So disappointed in this one seriously I love Colton I have been waiting for him to have his own HEA. In the previous book we met Julianna and I loved the idea of having an interracial couple in the series

My big problem with this book was the heroine she was so childish she was freaking rude to the hero even till the end of the book I hated that she always called him names Jerk,bastard stupid, asshole.

After all that Colton has been through he deserve so much more I actually really liked Julia
Denise Lancaster
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me gustó! Sin dudas no es el libro que más me gustó de la serie, (mi favorito sigue siendo Be My Hero), pero de todas maneras estuvo muy entretenido. Me gusta la forma de escribir de Linda Kage, y como lleva a cabo sus historias (salvo por la completa porquería de Worth It que nunca debería haber existido). Pero éste romance interracial me cautivó por completo.

Colton, BEBÉ, no podés ser más tierno. Al principio me parecía medio raro que el protagonista masculino sólo tuviera 18 años. Pero a med
Rachel K
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Quirky Omega
Older heroine and an inter-racial couple.
Linda Kage is the bomb!

Just look at the subject matter of her books. Most of the books in her Forbidden Men series acknowledge solid social points. Some may be problematic and some only discomfiting. But all of these books leave you mushy and with a new respect for people and their problems.

She is in no way a pontifical drag. Her characters may challenge social norms but they do it in the most exciting and honestly- 'melt-me' way. so impressed.
Haidoulina
Nov 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This book wasn't what I expected it to be.... I expected to laugh until I piss my pants and then some more but that never happened...
My first and main problem was Julianna... I couldn't stand to be in her head and unfortunately I was more in her head than I was in Colton's... She wants Colton but she can't admit it even to herself... She likes it when he flirts with her even though she pretends otherwise... She wants to get intimate with him but she finds excuses all the time as to why she shou
Dulce María
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me encanto la historia de Colton y Juliana son hermosos, pero me habría gustado un epilogo más largo donde tuviéramos la oportunidad de ver bien a todos los personajes de la saga, siento que le falto más ya que es el final de la saga.
Liz
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Boy, did Colton grew up!!!! ღ
It felt a bit weird in the begininng to see him all man and nothing left from the shy kid that we met in Noah's book. But then everything got going and long forgotten is his childhood and we have front seat tickets to see him in action!

I am in love with this series. I adore all the girls and guys and i would re-read them anytime!
Colton is such an all-over-the-place character. He reminds me a bit of Ten, which is my favourite.
He is one of those guys who attracts every
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
Words can't even describe how perfect this book was for me.
This is a series I’ll cherish in my heart forever.

Zairobe25
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
En esta entrega tenemos un romance interracial, muy buenos dialogos, personajes agradables y divertidos, fácil de leer, con los clichés usuales de la autora, pero no me molestaron, no se si es el último libro de la serie, espero leer pronto algo nuevo de la autora, disfruto mucho su estilo.
  • Shh...Mine (This. Is. Not. Over., #1)
  • Shattered Poetry (Broken Lives, #2)
  • Heights of Desire (Heightsbound, #1)
  • Birdie
  • Infamy (Rose Series Book 2)
  • When There is Hope
  • The Crown of the Summer Court
  • Allie's Moon
  • Taboo
  • Foolproof Love (Foolproof Love, #1)
  • Lawn Boys
  • The Final Line (Recon Diaries #3)
  • Delivered: Angel & Kai (Free Falling, #4)
  • A Beautiful Sin
  • Red Dirt Heart 4 (Red Dirt, #4)
  • Old Enough (The Age Between Us, #1)
  • Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk, #5)
  • Outcast (The Good Guys)
Linda writes romance fiction from YA to adult, contemporary to fantasy. Most Kage stories lean more toward the lighter, sillier side with a couple meaningful moments thrown in. Focuses more on entertainment value and emotional impact.

Published since 2010. Went through a 2-year writing correspondence class in children’s literature from The Institute of Children’s Literature. Then graduated with Bac

Forbidden Men (10 books)
  • Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
  • To Professor, with Love (Forbidden Men, #2)
  • Be My Hero (Forbidden Men, #3)
  • With Every Heartbeat (Forbidden Men, #4)
  • A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men, #5)
  • Worth It (Forbidden Men, #6)
  • The Girl's Got Secrets (Forbidden Men, #7)
  • Priceless (Forbidden Men, #8)
  • The Price of Mason (Forbidden Men, #10)
“Colton David Gamble.” She tsked and shook her head with reproach. “How in God’s name could you ever think I could ever focus on anyone else whenever you’re in the room.”
“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “I’m used to coming in second place.”
“Not with me you don’t,” she said seriously.
“God, I love you,” I admitted just before my mouth sank against hers.”
2 likes
“Whenever I was around Colton, everything seemed to live in this amazing technicolor moment. It was all so vivacious and alive.” 1 likes