Start by marking “Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9)” as Want to Read:
Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9)

(Forbidden Men #9)

Don't you just hate it when someone destroys all your carefully made plans?

I mean, I had goals: college to graduate in one semester, a future I was working hard to reach, and an image of myself I wanted the world to see. My life was stacked into these precisely placed blocks. But then Colton Gamble came along and knocked them all askew.

I hated how he messed everything up,
Paperback
Published November 21st 2016 by Self Published

To ask other readers questions about Consolation Prize, please sign up.
Raven She was mentioned in the last book 'Priceless (Forbidden Men #8)' as a new bartender at the nightclub.
Sunshine Based on the context of the story, because I don't remember anything being mentioned in the previous book, Aspen is suffering from postpartum depressi…moreBased on the context of the story, because I don't remember anything being mentioned in the previous book, Aspen is suffering from postpartum depression. (less)

Start your review of Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 Bickering Stars

photo 200_zpslvreb1s3.gif

Let me start by saying that reading this series was like playing book roulette. I had a knot in my gut each time I start a book wondering if I was going to love it or if it was going to end up pissing me off as that seems to be the two emotions this series tends to pull out of me. Consolation Prize tilted towards the pissed off half more. Cause while I did enjoy it for the most part at times the way Julianna treated Colton really pissed me off. I did end up warming to Juli
Christy
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

photo E862413F-7920-4C00-B689-9C5C7C93B0FB_zpshquactcf.jpg

Consolation Prize is the ninth and final (*cries*) book in Linda Kage’s Forbidden Men series. This series truly has some of my favorite reads in it. These characters are such a family and have such an amazing bond. I wish the books would never end, I love them this much! Anyway, back on track.

Consolation Prize is about the youngest Gamble brother, Colton. We first meet Colton when he is 8 years old. He’s now 18 and at his freshman year of college. Ten likes to refer to him as his
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
3.75 STARS

[image error]

Linda Kage continues to deliver heartfelt, dreamy, sexy, yet powerful stories book after book in this series. All of the books in this collection can however be read as standalones. Yet the characters acculumate throughout the series as this is in fact the youngest of the Gamble boy’s story. Colton Gamble was just a little boy when readers first meet him in this series about six books back.

The story begins at Brandt and Sarah’s wedding. The now college aged Colton Gamb
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars
I'm used to coming in second place.”
“Not with me you don't.”

There's just something about this series for me that seems to hit the spot each and every single time. These characters have become like family to me. I've grown to love them and root for their HEA and I have to admit that no one tugged at my heart strings more than Brandt and Colton Gamble. Brandt got his HEA in Priceless and I've been eagerly anticipating Colton's turn. The brothers are polar opposites. Brandt ser
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "We're a team!!!" stars***

Well, this was the final book in the Forbidden Men series... (Or not??? Just sayin'!!!) and it was very good!!!
This series is one of my favorites and i have loved every single character in here!!!

I will never forget this bunch of crazy people and i will always hold them in a special place in my heart!!!
We saw them to grow up through those books and to become adults and I liked that i witness that...

And here was Colton's turn...

"All you’d need is one taste of
Bev
This one didn't really do it for me. As much as I absolutely 100% adored Colton and loved catching up with all my favourites from previous books in the series, I disliked Julianne just as much. I couldn't warm to her at all, (view spoiler). I love reading about a strong, sassy heroine - Julianne sadly was anything but. She was a judgemental bitch who was deliberately unkind to the point of being downright cruel to Colton and that didn't endear ...more
~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

"All you’d need is one taste of me and you’d forget about big brother completely.”

Gahhhhh! I loved this couple, not only did they suit each other perfectly, but they were separately both entertaining, real, honest, and sassy.

Julianna is a bar tender at Forbidden, and has a soft spot for the now married, Brandt Gamble. Brandt loves working with her, they have banter and are good friends, but he feels a little awkward at his wedding when he sees that Julianna is looking a litt
Bookadmirer
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A bittersweet feeling washed over me as I finished this book. Can't believe little Colton is all grown up. I enjoyed the budding romance between him and Julianna. Also, I liked how the author handles racism in this book.

The ending with every couple literally made me feel nostalgic. If you are into NA Romance definitely check this series. It's filled with emotions, fun, and tons of sexy times between the protagonists.

Beverly
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I started reading this series years ago and I fell in love with all the characters and how they created a family for themselves. I love how I feel like I know them and how I just feel at home when I am reading these books. Consolation Prize is the ninth book in the series, but each book features a different couple.

This is Colton’s story and I couldn’t believe enough time had passed for Colton to be old enough for a story, but he is. I am so happy that Linda’s is giving all these guys a story. C
Dali
Linda Kage crafts a beautiful and inspiring story about a relationship between a young white man and a slightly older black woman who apparently have nothing in common but together forge an incredible partnership based on love, respect and friendship.

Maintaining her impeccable image was just one of Julianna Radcliffe’s concerns, adhering to her sensibly constructed life plan in which she saw herself graduating from college and moving out of town for a big and meaningful job were the main
Dilek VT
FORBIDDEN MEN series is one of my all-times-favorite series. Out of the 9 books in the series, 7 of them are very close to my heart.

Actually, I had been delaying to read this book because of differing reviews about it. Some of my friends liked it and some hated it (or they hated the heroine, ergo they didn't enjoy the book). So, I had to wait for the right time to come to read it.

Recently, I was in a great book slump during which I was saying, “No book is good enough, nowadays” and this feelin
Ramona Popescu
The Forbidden Men Series is one of my all time favorites and after reading 8 books, why not read the 9th one right? Especially after hearing that the hero is going to be Colton, Brandt's little brother. Oh, I feel like Colton grew up in front of my eyes and I can't believe he is finally old enough to have his story and find his HEA (yeee).

His lady is Juliana, Brand't colleague that had a crush on him in Priceless. We all know that is was only one sided, because Brandt loved Sarah and was only me
Rose
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it's always the books you least expect.

I mean, seriously. This is about a girl who is *said* to be hung up on the brother of the guy she's sleeping with. SO BAD, SO MESSY. But really it's nothing like I expected and it was perfect and adorable and there was minimal drama between the actual couple. (but drama, nonetheless, this is the forbidden men series we're talking about.)

Overall, it was so sweet and I loved how the couple was like best friends and how they opened up to each other. Also, I ki
Carmen Rae
I have no idea how Linda Kage does it. Every single one of these Forbidden Men have owned me. I sincerely could not sit down and say a single one of them is my favourite as each of them has broken off and kept their own piece of my heart.

And it isn’t like in most cases where the men are amazing and the women are just meh. The leading ladies in these stories have been as kick arse as the amazing men they love. I find with my goldfish memory that series like this tend to get lost on the mountain w
itsmeesahara❤️
3 ⭐⭐⭐
Colton & Julianna

I like that the author put some diversity in the series. It just saddens me that Juli was portrayed as a B***** and not that much interesting. Good thing we have Colton here, he is funny and wonderful. He often reminds me of Ten 😁. I also loved seeing all the couples and characters from the previous novels!
Not a fan of the plot twist in the end (not gonna be more detailed as I don't want to spoil it). This book has a lot of potential, it was just not deli
AJ
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 fun, sexy, emotional stars

I have mad love for this series. It’s one of my all-time favourites, and I have been so excited to read about the youngest member of the gang – Colton Gamble (younger brother of Noel, Caroline and Brandt). His story is lots of fun with laugh-out-loud humour, heart-clenching drama, a beautiful romance and I absolutely loved it!

Yes, baby boy Gamble is all grown up, and damn, he’s one sexy, confident, dirty-talking alpha with a smart mouth and a huge heart. We’ve watch
Elizarey
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

photo 1BC54771-89F3-4679-8E6D-12161A27EB9C_zpsxo18qdnw.jpeg

I am so excited for everyone to read this book!!! Consolation Prize is the 9th book in the Forbidden Men series. Don't worry, all books can be read as standalones.

photo 322448BC-E71E-4601-BB7D-715C6267C0F0_zpstaehkjtg.jpg

Julianna has had a crush on Brandt Gamble since they have started working together! But the other younger Gamble brother has been on her mind a lot more lately. His annoying comments and asshole-ish ways keep a smile on her face. I love how sassy and feisty she Julianna was. Julianna has some issues but with Colton she overcom
Cleo Lopes
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: favorites
5 GLORIOUS STARS!!!

“description”/

"I know .. I know I am going to love it !! I am really excited for this one !!
I so knew it I would love it!!

Julianna

Colton

“description”/

I discovered this book series accidentally and it has become one of my favorites . I can not belive how fast I have devoured this book.
Beside the fact this book been so fantastic I feel a strong connection with Julliana , not only because we are both in interratcial relationship but also because how strong and persistent this character is..

I will openly s
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

First off, I love interracial romances but authors most times act like they take their impressions of black people from Instagram videos! Each book I've tried the black person comes across as uneducated, foul mouthed and ghetto but in this case the author nails it down to the hair tying at night to keep the hair from breakage!!! Well done dear author!

Now on to the story

Colton has made an art of flirting and getting a rise out of Forbidden's newest bartender Julianna, he loves pushi
River
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
This book was kind of a let down, in this series it seems like I like one book dislike the next then like the next and so on.
The main couple didn't do it for me, I didn't felt their chemistry, Julianna was kind of a jerk, she was super rude throughout the book and she treated Colton poorly, I never felt like she redeem herself either.
I was a bit excited to read about an interracial couple but I hated the execution, I've read amazing interratial romance and here it was just too much, the race th
*♡Carol♡*
2.5
So disappointed in this one seriously I love Colton I have been waiting for him to have his own HEA. In the previous book we met Julianna and I loved the idea of having an interracial couple in the series

My big problem with this book was the heroine she was so childish she was freaking rude to the hero even till the end of the book I hated that she always called him names Jerk,bastard stupid, asshole.

After all that Colton has been through he deserve so much more I actually really liked Julia
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I really cannot finish this one, I'm sorry. I tried really hard but it's so tough for me to get into the story when the heroine is so unlikeable.

Which is disappointing because first of all I loved Colton as a character. What happened in the 8th book, Brandt's book broke my heart. And that is why I think he deserves better, more.

The sexual chemistry is there as evidenced from the very beginning-- it was mentioned quite numerous of times how attractive Julianna is.... even her name is pretty!!! B
Quirky Omega
Older heroine and an inter-racial couple.
Linda Kage is the bomb!

Just look at the subject matter of her books. Most of the books in her Forbidden Men series acknowledge solid social points. Some may be problematic and some only discomfiting. But all of these books leave you mushy and with a new respect for people and their problems.

She is in no way a pontifical drag. Her characters may challenge social norms but they do it in the most exciting and honestly- 'melt-me' way. so impressed.
Haidoulina
Nov 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This book wasn't what I expected it to be.... I expected to laugh until I piss my pants and then some more but that never happened...
My first and main problem was Julianna... I couldn't stand to be in her head and unfortunately I was more in her head than I was in Colton's... She wants Colton but she can't admit it even to herself... She likes it when he flirts with her even though she pretends otherwise... She wants to get intimate with him but she finds excuses all the time as to why she shou
Rachel K
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Liz
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Boy, did Colton grew up!!!! ღ
It felt a bit weird in the begininng to see him all man and nothing left from the shy kid that we met in Noah's book. But then everything got going and long forgotten is his childhood and we have front seat tickets to see him in action!

I am in love with this series. I adore all the girls and guys and i would re-read them anytime!
Colton is such an all-over-the-place character. He reminds me a bit of Ten, which is my favourite.
He is one of those guys who attracts every
Melina Terry
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 "Sweet" Stars!!

Author: Linda Kage
Series: (Forbidden Men #9)

Amazon | Kobo | iBooks | B&N

description

Don't you just hate it when someone destroys all your carefully made plans?
I hated how he messed everything up, how he could hog
tinyteaplots
I loved this series and am super sad to see it end. That is all.
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review

Consolation Prize is the ninth installment in Linda Kage's Forbidden Men series. It's focus is on Colton Gamble and Julianna Radcliffe. Colton is the little brother of Noel (To Professor, With Love), Caroline (A Perfect Ten) and Brandt (Priceless). It can be read as a standalone but for Colton's full background, I recommend reading at least the three aforementioned books.

Colton Gamble is a smartass eighteen-year-old college freshman. He's got his whole life ahead of him. He's young and looking
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Loved Colton from the other books! So cheeky but likeable! This book did not do him justice! I actually DNF after about 60% and I rarely do that! Especially seeing as I have read nearly every book in this series! This book was so meh, the heroine was a dramatic pain and also not memorable! Her love for Brandt was a joke! They went on one date that didn't even finish, and were work friends, but she was heartbroken over him marrying someone else? Come on, it was not like she was an inexperienced t ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Sweet Soul (Sweet Home, #4; Carillo Boys, #3)
  • Sweet Hope (Sweet Home, #3; Carillo Boys, #2)
  • Sweet Fall (Sweet Home, #2; Carillo Boys, #1)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • Tear Stained Beaches
  • Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Bad for You (Sea Breeze, #7)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • One & Only You
  • Take a Chance (Rosemary Beach, #7; Chance, #1)
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • Chasing the Tide (Reclaiming the Sand, #2)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles, #4)
  • Bound by the Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
Linda writes romance fiction from YA to adult, contemporary to fantasy. Most Kage stories lean more toward the lighter, funner side with a couple meaningful moments thrown in that center around love and hope. Focuses more on entertainment value and emotional impact than realism. She likes the drama and crazy, over-the-top plots that make you cry then laugh, get mad then sigh happily.

Published sin

Forbidden Men (10 books)
  • Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
  • To Professor, with Love (Forbidden Men, #2)
  • Be My Hero (Forbidden Men, #3)
  • With Every Heartbeat (Forbidden Men, #4)
  • A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men, #5)
  • Worth It (Forbidden Men, #6)
  • The Girl's Got Secrets (Forbidden Men, #7)
  • Priceless (Forbidden Men, #8)
  • The Price of Mason (Forbidden Men, #10)