Start by marking “Unequaled: Tips for Building a Successful Career through Emotional Intelligence” as Want to Read:
Unequaled: Tips for Building a Successful Career through Emotional Intelligence

Unequaled: Tips for Building a Successful Career through Emotional Intelligence

The real secret to career success and what it takes to get ahead is EQ

UNEQUALED is the client service professional's guide to getting ahead and achieving professional goals. You're smart and hard working, but guess what—so is everyone else. So how do you stand out? You need to distinguish yourself in order to get ahead, but simply being good at your job is not enough. Mov

Published August 18th 2016 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Unequaled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unequaled

Start your review of Unequaled: Tips for Building a Successful Career through Emotional Intelligence
Robert Ritzinger
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a solid career advice book that provides some good foundations for a successful career. Runde’s first point is definitely one of his best: that working hard and being smart are not what get you ahead. That’s what got you here in the first place, not what will set you apart or distinguish you going forward.

I’ve read similar advice in plenty of other places too, but regardless you learn quickly that relationships are what will help your career the most. Quite rightly it’s thus what Runde s
Yanal
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: development
Easy to listen to this on Audible as the guidance is straightforward. If you are a young professional then this will be very helpful. If you are an experienced professional, then this will serve as a reminder to certain actions you should do in your profession. One of the main points that resonated with me was the attention to detail that can make a difference to how you are perceived. There is always a point of discussion of how much detail do you emphasis when producing any piece of work.
Steven Perry
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
More applicable to be people in finance or investment but there was definitely some good information here. I think the book recommendations and practical tips at the end of the book were the most useful for anyone in business or who wants to learn more about communicating more effectively in general
Keyvan Bashash
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book, in this book the author, explains in a very simple and tangible way how to use Emotional Intelligence for career success. it is a book for everyone at any level of work. The author's point in which he insists is that while getting a job is difficult and you have to put effort to get it, that is not the end and when you get a job the difficult part just starts, you have to be smart and make proper moves to be successful and advance in your job.

The author likes to make everything
V
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought the book was okay. I wasn't expecting it to be so focused on business, sales, and/or consulting. I was hoping for a more board, inclusive approach. I love quotes, and I thought Mr. Runde did a great job inserting very applicable ones to make his point(s).

V
L
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone working in professional services
Absolute gem of a book and must read for anyone just starting out in his/her professional services career. Packed full of practical, actionable and insightful advice.

- How to produce great work.
- How to network.
- How to be commercial (bring more sales).
- How to manage clients.
- How to lead and manage.

It is honest advice and I absolutely loved the practical tips at the end of the book.

- Start meetings at a precise time (10:15am rather than 10:00am) to improve attendance.
- Use "postpone" r
Jun 19, 2020
Lisa Soenen
Nov 24, 2018
ALI JABER
rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2019
Evelin Kurta
Nov 21, 2016

• Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
  • Called to Lead
  • Make the Deal: Negotiating Mergers and Acquisitions (Bloomberg Financial)
  • So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
  • Mystical Union
  • How to Build A Multi-Billion Dollars Business: Breaking Through: Africa Challenging Economies
  • What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence
  • An Introduction to Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, and Private Equity
  • I Married You
  • Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable
  • The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
  • Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World – and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
  • Stories of Your Life and Others
  • Modern Romance
  • Sterile Compounding for Pharm Techs--A Text and Review for Certification
  • I Know What I'm Doing and Other Lies I Tell Myself: Dispatches from a Life Under Construction
  • Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time