Start by marking “Air (The Elementals #2)” as Want to Read:
Air (The Elementals #2)

Air

(The Elementals #2)

Despite being the junior Elemental, Logan’s never had to worry about failing a mission before. Not until an overgrown and annoyingly attractive shifter comes along.

Being an Elemental is in Logan’s blood. Hers is the gift of Air, a vast power she’s still struggling to control. Then a Were named Connell hunts her down. His wolf is missing, and he blames her.

A den of werewol
Published November 28th 2016 by L.B. Gilbert Books

To ask other readers questions about Air, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Air

Start your review of Air (The Elementals #2)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
2nd read: I found this to be just as entertaining the second time around. This is also a perfect example of when the story is more than enough to keep my attention for a clean romance.

1st read: I absolutely loved this book! It was funny and entertaining. Connell is a dominant alpha wolf shifter that has been stripped of his wolf. The only ones capable of doing such a thing are the elementals. Or so he thought.

When Connell chases down Logan to demand his wolf back, he realizes that not only did
KelticKat
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 "KickButt" Stars!

This was a great action/romance/adventure tale.

Logan is an Air Elemental - and this Lady take the whole "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" thing to the next level! She was a fun, spontaneous, feisty female MC.

She is tracked by a werewolf, minus his wolf, Connell. Connell believe she is the one that stripped him of his wolf and he has tracked her across three continents. Then, Dang it all, he discovers she's his mate too....what a mess.

Together - somewhat reluctantly they agree t
Yuli Atta
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading Fire, my expectations were pretty high and Air was nothing less than I anticipated. It's captivating, action packed, there are a more obvious love and even more humour. I couldn't put it down! L. B. Gilbert is really climbing to my Top favourite authors with enviable speed.

Her writing is captivating and very good. It's not hard and it's easy to read and understand although it's pretty hard for me to find the proper words to describe it. Her chapters... Read the rest on my blog

I w
Jeni
Dec 07, 2019 added it
Much better than book 1

This one was much better developed. Logan felt more "real" and Connel was amusing. Combined with the consistent quality in the writing and plot, I'm now completely invested in the series. The book definitely progressed the overall ARC of the story, with one painful twist I wondered about. Very much looking forward to book 3.
Giving this series/author another try. :)

Upon finishing, I appreciate the interesting world that this author is trying to create in each installment. There weren't any vampires featured in this story and I think I enjoyed it more because of that. Werewolves are ok, but vampires aren't. Go figure. LOL.

The mystery was a little light and I would've liked to see more development in the overarching plot, but the fact that this book's plot is linked to the preceding book and the subsequent book made i
Angela ReadingCave
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Kimberly Gould
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is definitely good on it's own, with the previous issue, Fire. However, I found the exposition a bit heavy. As I didn't read Fire, I don't know how much of that is just putting us on even keel with those who did. The twist at the end wasn't obvious, so that was refreshing, but almost all the other relationships were predictable, not bad, just obvious. I did enjoy this book and received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Sophie Koufes
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the Elemental Series & I liked this book even more than the first one. The narrative is complex & intertwined with a unexpected twist & shocking ending. I loved Logan's character who is an air elemental with snarky characteristics & Connell's who is a dominant alpha wolf characteristics. A paranormal romance that is captivating & entertaining. Looking forward to reading the next novel in this series. ...more
Sheryl
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW I thought book 1 was good but I think this book is a little better. You need to read book 1 first to appreciate the story line in this book. Fantastic characters and story line in this book.

I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book. This is book 2 of the series The Elementals by the author.
Jennifer Erwin
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series and am eagerly looking forward to more from this author in this series.
Damian Southam
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Air picks up the story around the time that the young Chinese elemental Logan must punish the Burgess family for Sage's crimes revealed in Fire, by Diana. The wind whispers the truth and the lies spoken by the people she hunts. Logan has been waiting patiently around the Georgian estate in countrywide England, until a time when most of the family is together so her message is carried further. Like Diana's fireplace entry into the coven in Fire, Logan chooses a similarly sylish entry through an u ...more
Grant Leishman
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Reviewed For Readers' Favorite by Grant Leishman

When Logan, an Air Elemental whose role in life is to police other Supernatural’s behaviour, is thrust against Connell, a macho, Alpha Werewolf, searching for the person who stole his Wolf, sparks are sure to fly. These two unlikely partners join forces to uncover the mystery happening in Connell’s Were pack. Who is stealing the shifter form of these Werewolves, for what purpose and what ancient magic are they utilising to achieve their evil aims?
Shayay
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this series, and I love this book too! If you haven't read the first book in the series, I suggest doing that first because you will have a better understanding of the events in this book, and although this book is told from different character's POV's than the first there are connecting events and the same characters are in both books. In Air, we follow Air Elemental, Logan, as she helps wolf shifter, Connell, find out who has stolen his wolf out of his body. Logan has ...more
Penny
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is the first book I have read by this author, and this is the second book in a series. Being the second in a series in no way was detrimental to my enjoyment of the book. We are introduced to Logan who is a wind elemental. She is young, but she is still a very capable elemental. The story opens with her punishing the people from the first book, Fire, by taking away their magic. As the book progresses, we find out Connell is a wolf that has lost his ability to shift and blames the elementals ...more
Ria Lize
4.25/5

The world-building in this series really pulled me in. Mobile phones? Nope. Fire elementals can fry them. Air elementals can send their message out in the air. Planes? Nope, literal air travel is faster. Logan can push some air to speed up planes, too.

Diana in Book 1 was badass, and Logan is too, but as the youngest elemental, she can mess up, and I related to her a lot more. There's something to be said about the Elementals' friendship. Sisters, not by blood, but in every way that counts.
Zee Wyatt
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not as enjoyable as the first book for me but thats only because I liked the heroine, Diana, in first book more. Just a personal taste. I do love how the two heroines were so different. Many authors make the mistake of saying the characters are different in a series but really they are interchangeable.

I did get the impression that Diana was a bit more excitable, a bit more naive. So in that aspect it was done really well.

Don't get me wrong I did absolutely enjoy this book! It was so good. I lo
Amanda Showalter
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. This book has Logan who is an air elemental, she showed up in book one (Fire) to help Diana. Logan has a problem, she is being watched, at least she thinks she is. Connell is the one following her and while he thinks that he is able to hide his actions from her he is wrong and she knows that he is there. Connell thinks that Logan is a thief and that she took something from him. Connell's mind is blown when Logan not only finds and confronts him but she also is willing to help ...more
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
This is the second book in this elemental series and I absolutely loved it.
Logan is an 'air' elemental, she disintegrates and goes with the currents place to place. Connell is an Alpha werewolf, 2nd in charge and in dire straights. Somehow his wolf was stripped from him and he has no memories of how. Can they solve this mystery together and return his wolf? Can they find the attacker before more wolves are harmed? Why is this even happening?
Great story line, fast paced and action packed. I highl
Frank Bertino
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Absolutely Fantastic Series

Travel Elemental Air into danger, mystery, and romance. Logan is an air elemental who polices illegal supernatural activities. She is doing fine until a hunky wolfless werewolf tracks her down to kidnap her and force the return of his wolf. The banter between them is exquisite as they struggle with the concept that they may be mates. I like the action, humor, and romance. I very much enjoyed the first book "Fire". "Air' is a worthy sequal. I look forward to the next
M.M. Chabot
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
L.B Gilbert never disappoints. I was really looking forward to this book as I loved Logan in the first book, Fire. The author introduces this book, so it can be read as a standalone, which is great. She does a fantastic job of creating the scene, characters and it makes you just consume this book in one sitting. Who doesn’t love a bad-ass chick as the main character? ☺
Megan
I liked Logan. Its an unusual name for a girl, I'm not sure if its a common name for a chinese girl? I assumed the name Logan was an american name.

She is just as kick ass as Diana and i love her for it. She throws her weight around so well.

I'm curious to see who is properly behind this. I think it is obvious but we will see.
Ellen
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Air is book two in the Elemental Series and I have to say I enjoyed this book even more than the first one. This one picks up soon after Fire left-off. Air is an action-packed read that takes place in an exciting world of magic and with supernatural creatures with a really good mystery, a strong, spunky kick ass heroine at its heart, and some romance through in. Well worth reading.
Joanne Watkins USA
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Good but...

Logan and Connell are a good couple in terms of spark and engagement on the page. The misunderstanding part was somewhat annoying as an obvious plot device. My biggest issue was the age point. Logan is 19 and this was her first relationship. I really think that she as barely older than a child. This really bothered me.
Dawn Gee
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun and excitement continues

I knew from the scenes with Logan in book one that she'd be an interesting person. Logan and Connell are like oil and water at first. They have to work together to figure out what evil is up to now with ripping out shifters and killing them. There are a couple of laugh out loud moments.
Lynn
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite parts of this book is the part where Logan calls Connell a pussy after his first flight with her. The idea of calling the big fierce werewolf a pussy appealed.

Then she made it better be telling his sister, just gold.
Robert D Grady
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable story

Not normally a romance reader, really enjoying this series. Stories are well written and very engaging. Got to the last fifth of the book and couldn't put it down. Gladly bought the next book in the series when I finished this one.
Jamie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. Some of the Alpha male stuff was over the top. He was suffocating at parts.
Lisamarie Crawford
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good story

I really enjoyed the first book - and this book was just as good. I can't wait for the next book.
ELMH
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great sequel to Fire. I enjoyed meeting these new characters. And now find myself impatiently waiting for the third.
Dawn Barber
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow

You think you have it figured out and then BAM - you’re wrong! Books keep you guessing until the very end!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Codename Romeo (Rogues and Rescuers #1)
  • Shifting Dreams (Cambio Springs, #1)
  • Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • Desert Bound (Cambio Springs #2)
  • Vampire Bound: Book One (Vampire Bound, #1)
  • Heart of Shadows (Alice Worth, #5)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood, #2)
  • A Witch Called Red (Red Witch Chronicles #1)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • The Broken Trilogy: Books 1-3
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • I Am the Storm (The Night Firm, #2)
  • Saving Angel (Divisa, #1)
  • Runes of Black Magic (A Demon's Fall, #3)
  • Dragon Trials (Dragon Guard #1)
  • Make Her New (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #2)
  • Spells & Ashes (The Dark Files, #1)
USA Today bestselling author L.B. Gilbert spent years getting degrees from the most prestigious universities in America, including a PhD that she is not using at all. She moved to France for work and found love. She's married now and living in Toulouse with one adorable half-french baby.

She has always enjoyed reading books as far from her reality as possible but eventually the voices in her head

The Elementals (4 books)
  • Fire (The Elementals #1)
  • Water (The Elementals #3)
  • Earth (The Elementals Book 4)

News & Interviews