Start by marking “Nothing Can Frighten a Bear” as Want to Read:
Nothing Can Frighten a Bear

Nothing Can Frighten a Bear

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Daddy Bear insists that nothing can frighten a bear – but when there’s a noise in the night, Baby Bear isn’t convinced. The bears set out to make sure there aren’t any monsters but, as they vanish one by one, it looks like Daddy Bear might not be so brave after all!
Published September 1st 2016 by Nosy Crow

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Can Frighten a Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Can Frighten a Bear

Rian *fire and blood*
Definitely a good read aloud and kind of cute how they lose the family along the way.
Baby Bookworm
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is Nothing Can Frighten A Bear, written by Elizabeth Dale and illustrated by Paula Metcalf, a fun-filled modern fairytale about a bear family dealing with a few nighttime scares.

Snuggled into their cave in the woods, the Bear family – Mama, Daddy, Grace, Ben, and Baby – are awakened when Baby is startled from sleep by a mysterious roar. Insisting that he won’t be
Angela
A fun story about overcoming your fears. When Baby Bear hears a scary sound in the middle of the night, then entire bear family goes for a late night walk to prove there's nothing to fear. After all, nothing can frighten a bear... or can it? I loved the book's catchy rhyme scheme; it makes it easy for young audiences to join in on the reading by guessing what word will come next. I also liked how the charcoal texture evokes the nighttime setting, while the warm glow of the lantern light creates ...more
Haley
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nothing Can Frighten a Bear reassures children that it is okay to feel afraid and that everyone gets scared sometimes. Baby Bear wakes up in the night and is frightened that a monster is going to get him, so the family goes out in search of a monster. Throughout their adventure the whole family experiences at least a few frights except for Papa Bear. The father keeps saying, “You see? There’s no monster out there. And anyway, nothing can frighten a bear.” However, even Papa Bear gets scared when ...more
Gwen Ayler
Bears, Rhyming, counting, what more could you ask for. The illustrations are adorable and this would make a great book for a child who might be fearing those monsters under the bed or in the closet. I started to worry as the book came to an end that I might not find out who made the roar from the beginning but luckily they wrap things up wonderfully. The rhymes of the story flowed beautifully and made for a wonderful read.
Kat Harrison
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Elizabeth Dale's "Nothing Can Frighten a Bear" is a rhyming read-aloud that really capitalizes on its page turns - making young readers guess at the word to finish the previous page's line. It's perfect for kids who may be a little spooked in the dark. I also loved the metallic detailing on the cover!
Crissy
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bears are woken up by a scary thing and must go find out what it is. Father is good at reminding the littlest of the group that Nothing Can Frighten a Bear. However that statement is put to the test when Father bear turns around and does not find what he expects to find.
Cute story, easy to read, makes a great story to read aloud.
Sheri
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is very funny and would buy this one to read to children and have them show me why nothing frightens this bear until. . . and then enjoy the ending. Bear family goes out on a night walk and things happen. There are 5 bears in this family not 3 and written in a rhyme scheme.
Kelly
Many pages in the book are literally page-turners. It is a rhyming book and in many instances the reader has to turn the page to get the final word in the rhyme. This creates a feeling of excitement and anticipation for the reader...like a little cliff hanger.
Rebecca Ann
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable twist on "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" in which the bear-family is looking for the scary thing. I loved the rhyming and rhythm of the words. The illustrations are adorable. This would work best for K-2nd grade.
Vicki
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What's that sound outside? Is it a monster? The bear family goes outside to see what is could be.....

A suspenseful tale to be sure for young ones. Super cute illustrations make for a fun read aloud.
Brittany
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty darling. I love how the entire bear family contributed to the story. This book is a fun story for the whole family.
Derrick
Andrea Brooks
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-books
Scared little bear gets shown by his family that there is nothing in the night to scare. Kinda undercuts itself by having the family getting picked off one by one in the night.
Mary
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Nice rhyming and repetitive story. I love the illustrations! Good read-aloud for 4-7 y/o.
Angie Quantrell
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I love this book! Perfectly told tale of a young bear who hears a scary noise. Good thing his entire family helps solve the mystery!
Elizabeth
Cute artwork, and a fun story that incorporates lot of rhyme and counting. Would be a good storytime read aloud for nighttime or bears.
Alison
Great bedtime rhyming book
A charming bedtime story.
Leanda
Better for when CA is older!
Edward Sullivan
Makes for a simple, appealing read aloud.
Heather Anderson
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kaden-s-books
My three-year-old loved this one. He often gets scared at night, so this book was reassuring. Vivid art with a great deal of personality!
pati
Well...bears can be frightening, especially if they have fallen behind. Wonderful story, great rhyming scheme!
Donna
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet story and great artwork. This would be a great bedtime story.
Nicole
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Very cute, rhyming book. Love the illustrations, too!
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, picturebooks
This would be a great preschool read-aloud...rhyming and repeating text as well as prediction.
Lynn
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun sweet story with charming illustrations. A good choice for reading aloud.
Lindsey
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully easy to read rhymes. Would be great for storytime.
J
So much fun. I had lots of kids telling me they liked this book after I read it. I had a blast doing different voices and making things really dramatic.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Elizabeth Dale always dreamed of being a writer, but somehow got sidetracked into studying for a physics degree. When her children were born, she returned to her dream and found she loved writing children’s books more than anything. She loves traveling and seeking inspiration for her stories. Having seen what a wonderful life she leads, two of her daughters have grown up to be children’s authors, ...more