Start by marking “Black (Clashing Colors #1)” as Want to Read:
Black (Clashing Colors #1)

Black

(Clashing Colors #1)

Can a man who gives and takes orders for a living help a rebel who lives to break all the rules and answer to no one?

Twenty-one-year-old Black is a homeless "Goth-rebel" who has broken laws to survive ever since she ran away from home seven years ago. When she is arrested for shoplifting, she's forced to reach out to the father who never wanted anything to do with her.

Gab
Published September 18th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black

Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

Find this and more reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

This book is very deep and a little weird somtimes

From the beginning I found this super interesting plot abou a girl with a very hard life that had to fend for herself in the streets without knowing what the familiar love is, without anyone to worry about her, with this mother who made horrible things with her , and this absent father that never helped her in any way , the truth that there was a lot of material to stay hooked with the story
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Totally thought it’d be more

I’m giving this a 3. It was rather weird at the therapy camp. Much of this book is a suspend your beliefs bc this book is unbelievable. The whole thing is crazy. And the events throughout the relationship are also crazy. Crazy bc they happen so fast, crazy because G went against the therapist advice and crazy bc most of the emotional parts of the book were glossed over. Lots of telling and barely no showing. Overall the book is nice but not very deep. It gives you th
Nazarene Static
Black is the first book in the Clashing Colors series. In this novel, we are introduced to Darcia "black". She has had a tough life and things come to a head when she gets herself in trouble she cant easily pull herself out of. Fate steps in and she meets Gabriel, her uncle...sort of. Gabriel helps her through the trouble as well as other problems she apparently didn't know she had.
This was an entertaining read but I wasn't impressed by the writing style. I feel like I sound super elitist sayi
Chelon
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, contemporary
Good book with an interesting funny approach to a flawed character overcoming her issues. I loved the H, but hated that he had to bend and beg so much just to have her. I would have loved the story more if some of of the h's realizations were of her own doing and not what others manipulated her into. While her life was rough and terrible at times, she made destructive choices not once is she really held accountable for her words or choices in their relationship. I didn't feel enough of a transfo ...more
Coco.V
Mar 01, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/1/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Gabriel is a decorated war hero who just returned from duty in Afghanistan. When he ove
Teri
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She is called Black for a reason. So much pain, sadness, and rejection in life has also helped her hide behind a mask of black, Gothic style. Then her life is turned upside down and in walks Gabriel. An unorthodox camp and some regression treatments and Bruce help her to find Cia. Cia still has a few issues to work out but the difference is she is learning to face her demons and deal with the things in her life that have gotten her to where she is.
Cia isn't the only one with issues. With a bundl
Betti Anderson
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When i bought that book i was not sure were it would take me, but surprise it was great! I love it. Sometimes I got a little anoyed about the male character an his pussy behaviour, but it turned out well.

I have to agree with the main charackter that some things in her therapy can't be legal, but still it was soooo funny to watch her get over with the situations.

This book was funny, earnest, hilarious and truly enjoyable. I would recommend it without bad Feelings :}.
Samantha Holly
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Atlanta Whitlock
After reading The Slave Series by Elin Peer I was excited to see what else she could write as I loved her writing style, however when I picked up this book she has seriously outdone herself. This book is so emotional and it will make you feel emotions that you didn't expect to feel when reading it. I seriously loved Black as in a way the way she felt about her parents I can kind of relate to, don't get be wrong I haven't ran away from home haven't stolen anything but I have experienced neglect a ...more
B.A. Wilson
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
What the fuck even was that?

description

I could not even believe what I was reading.

description

But clearly, I kept on reading, like a serial killer watching a crime scene. I just couldn’t look away.

description

I picked this up, because I read the Men of the North series by this author, which made me want to read all of her novels, and this one just came out of the blue and side smacked me across the face with a shovel. I have rarely been so absolutely stunned when reading a story. I just don’t even know how to put anything tha
LuAnn Rodriquez
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BLACK by Elin Peer was a unique story that leaves a reader plenty of room for thought during and once done with this book. The primary female character is initially called Black because everything she wears is that color, which means she appears very goth. She has been on her own since the age of 14 and, at the age of almost 21, is caught in the act of stealing addictive medicine from a drug store that she both sells and sometimes takes herself to relieve the stress of the life she is living. Ga ...more
Nerding Out With Nicky
This book was crazy, like nuts, and yet I couldn’t stop. Lol

So I picked this up on a whim today, thinking I’d start the audio to listen here and there as I got ready and what not. Here I am finishing it right up, all the way through.

Black, or Darcia is a 21 year old with a rough past, and she starts out getting caught stealing pills trying to get her oxy fix. Cue the court appearance and being bailed out by the step uncle (not actually blood related), 8 years her senior, who just learned of her
Raluca Andra
Rhonda Hicks
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this copy thru Bookfunnel for my honest review. Elin Peer has the unique ability to take a real life set of circumstances, meld and twist them with heart break, humor, love, romance and of course passion that makes you become part of an intricate story you won't want to put down!

Daughter of an alcoholic, abusive mother and rick, pompous arrogant father, Black has been abused, neglected, rejected and betrayed her entire life until she hits a breaking point at 14 and runs away. She's b
Stephanie Barnes
Henny Penny
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book by the author in return for an honest review. This is by far one of the best books I have read in a long time, its amazing; well written. Its quite an original style, its a bit controversial and I was gripped after the first few pages, I really did not want to put this book down. I almost don't want to say anything for fear of spoiling the read for you; but what I will say is it is written in a sensitive way, and it pushes the personal boundaries of the main chara ...more
Space Cowgirl
Dumb and Dumber😱

I'm sorry, this book📑 goes from stupid😱 to even more stupid, and it could have been sooooooo much better!
Black is Darcia. She's basically a goth, loser, street person, due to her mother being only 15 years old when she had her and then turning into an alcoholic. She has a messed up sense of right and wrong, and she's all wrong.
Breaking into a Costco pharmacy to steal opioids 💉 would have been a felony, but The Author makes it into a misdemeanor theft. But She could get a year in
K Lee
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little icky

There are some very heavy topics in this book that are not addressed well. Especially when the therapist not only uses really, really sketchy and dangerous techniques but also does not address or report (as is legally required) the child sexual abuse that's disclosed.
The H is a jerk. He has a hero complex but regularly insults the h appearance internally and calls her friends freaks and weirdos, saying things like "wouldn't fit in with my kind"? I couldn't bring myself to like him.
Bouke Sieperda
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Black!
A outstanding high level book
which has a very strong opening in the first chapter,which pics up the interest of the reader
right from the start!and keeps you into a continues reading straight to the end!
It has also a high level of psychology in it which brings the story up to high value!
A lovely storyline and exellent story on its own and actual theme!\
Different from the regular story which makes it more or less unique!
having nice characters in the role play!
its the first serie book and
Magda Roszak
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think there is a pattern somewhere. Let's say Elin's got me again. This time with different series: "Clashing Colors"( I fell in love with "Men of the North" first).
"Black" is emotional story about selfdiscovery, it's so well written that you fall straight away in, and don't want to surface up untill the end. But I heard somewhere that "sleep is for suckers". And there is always magic of coffee (drink of the gods, trully).
If you like your characters well developed, real-like, and if you like a
Vanessa Moreno
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was scrolling through my IPad looking for something different to read and came across this book, the cover/name caught my eye. Darcia ; independent, strong, artist, troubled/dark youth, secretly just wants to be loved. Gabriel ; strong, caring, family is very important, military, is a giver whose previous g.f. ended up using him. This book had a great flow, easy to read, well developed characters, and a HEA :) I can't wait to read the next book in the series, based on her friend Violet. This b ...more
Lorraine Anton
Good

Her Gothic style. So depressing. Black, is 21 she is arrested for stealing at a drug store. For drugs. She calls her father, Brent. He wants nothing to do with her.
Gabriel hears the conversation and comes to her aid.
She has to go to camp. Bruce has them doing crazy things. She is now Cia.
He served in the military in Afghanistan.
He helps her at the camp to do the tests, and open up to existing issues from her past. He helps her to resolve them.

I love the characters in this book.
They need to
Nicki White
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I'm not going to lie this book starts of really good, gets a little weird ( but the weirdness does get sorted out) and good again. It took me less than 24 hours to read and I have 4 kids. The book is well written and a is very easy read. The story keeps you in, you want to find out more about these characters. The how they became this way, where are they going and what will become of them..
I loved the multiple name changes of Black , she was shown in so many different ways that she really could
Cheryl Drake johnson
Black and Gabriel meet when he comes to help her from having to spend time in jail until her trial. Seems their lives took a turn when Black has to go to therapy at TRC and what a surprise because Gabriel had to come too. But he finds that their may be something of interest to him with one of the councilors. This is a real page turner beware it is some dark parts that will just twist your emotions and then you want to smile and laugh. But you may even cry by the end. Adult content. Romantic susp ...more
Judy
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I have read many of Elin's other books and especially loved the Men of the North series. However, now I have a new series of hers to read. Black is completely different than the other books but I had a hard time putting it down to go to bed last night. I must say I had a time with Bruce's camp but in the end I could understand the reasoning behind it. This is definitely a book that keeps you on pins and needles from page one to the end. Great writing Elin!
Gsb24
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Elin Peer book and will not be my last. I've had this series marked as to read for a while but decided I would get started while on vacation. I could not stop reading once I started. It kept my interest throughout the book and nicely incorporates characters from other books in this series. This was a unique story some may feel uncomfortable with but I thought it was an enjoyable read.
Hope Gerhardstein
I got a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. In the beginning I found the conversations a bit choppy. When Black/CIA goes to the rehab camp with Gabriel, I found the interactions just plain weird. I had to keep reminding myself that there was no blood relationship. The story progresses into a romance with poor communication and hurt feelings. I did come to like both CIA and Gabriel. CIA goes from a goth drug thief to a beautiful caring fortunate woman.
Will Decker
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story. There were a few instances that had me raising my eyebrows, and I found the heroine a bit strange in more ways than one, but the author's insight into the characters was spot on and the sexual suspense could be felt from the very beginning. Clean editing, lots of feeling throughout the story, and a good dose of spice in the bedroom. Well done!
Kelly C Draper
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot was engaging and keep you in suspense on what would come next for both characters. All of the characters were completely different than most of the books I have read, more real to life. Overall the book was good but could have been better if the therapy suggested in the book was believable. Kind of lead you to believe in incest, which is why it did not get a full five stars.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Just Married (More than Friends, #1)
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Mine Would Be You (Sweet Home Alabama #1)
  • Blood & Bone (Blood & Bone, #1)
  • Last Chance (Second Chances, #8)
  • Wrecked
  • The Comeback (Beware, #2)
  • When Fangirls Cry (How Not to be Seduced by Rockstars, #2)
  • Unmistakable
  • Wait for Me
  • Modern Arrangements: Complete Trilogy (Modern Arrangements, #1-3)
  • Light in Morning (Morning, #2)
  • My One Regret
  • Wicked Mafia Prince (Dangerous Royals, #2)
  • With this Kiss: The Complete Collection (Fairy Tales, #5.5; With This Kiss, #1-3)
  • My Love at Last
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Filthy 1 (Filthy, #1)
Elin describes herself as quirky in a good way.
Being curious by nature, she likes to explore and can tell you about riding elephants through the Asian jungle, watching the sunset in the Sahara Desert from the back of a camel, sailing down the Nile in Egypt, kayaking in Alaska, and flying over Greenland in helicopters.

After traveling the world and living in different countries, Elin is currently

Clashing Colors (5 books)
  • Violet (Clashing Colors #2)
  • Green (Clashing Colors #3)
  • Blue (Clashing Colors #4)
  • Yellow (Clashing Colors #5)
“You should only fall in love with a person who enjoys your madness. Not an idiot who forces you to be normal.” 4 likes
“They told me I'm crazy, but my unicorn says I'm just fine” 1 likes