Start by marking “Daddy and the World's Longest Poo” as Want to Read:
Daddy and the World's Longest Poo

Daddy and the World's Longest Poo

Do you ever wonder why daddies disappear for hours on end? Where on earth do they go? Daddy and the World's Longest Poo tells the adventure of a little boy who faces just such a conundrum. Follow him on a journey of discovery, as he tries to make sense of one of life's great mysteries.
Paperback
Published August 31st 2016 by Lulu Publishing Services

Carole P. Roman
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daddy's gone missing and nobody knows where he's hiding...um...disappeared to. Hilarious book about an escaping daddy who likes to take long bathroom breaks when work has to be done. My grandson loved the humor. Written in rhyming verse Brydie Wright keep it light and enjoyable for both parents and children.
Rose Collins
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very cheeky, hilariously fun read.
100% child friendly, nothing vulgar or shocking.
Great illustrations to accompany a humor filled children's book.
Wonderful example of a rhyming picture book.

Brydie Wright is a very skilled children's author.
She understands the needs of very young readers and delivers up a book they will absolutely adore.
Rhyming texts are very tricky to pull off well and she does this flawlessly.

Elizabeth
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The toilet is a place that looms large in the psyches of children. In their formative years they are cajoled and often bribed to sit on it for as long as they want until their parents hear a magical splash and applaud their efforts. This story is an extra funny one for kids because it is all about an adult sitting far too long on the throne, for a different reward - escape from household chores! The illustrations are very funny and little kids are sure to appreciate this early introduction to to ...more
Joseph Ruder
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Wonderfully Whimsical Book, Loved It.

Daddy and the World's Longest Poo is a wonderfully whimsical book about one of life's greatest mysteries. Both children and adults alike will enjoy the authors wicked sense of humor as she explores where and why dad's disappear for such long periods of time. With bright beautiful illustrations that at times reminded me of Dr. Seuss' art style bringing the funny story to life. Children and adults of all ages will enjoy this delightfully entertaining book.
Tara Brown
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightfully funny read for both kids and adults, Daddy and the World's Longest Poo by Brydie Wright is sure to please. This humorous look from a child's viewpoint of where Daddy goes for such long periods of time is filled with a flowing rhythm of words, making this a fun and easy read. The illustrations throughout add to the text, and I couldn't help but giggle. Not only will adults enjoy this children's book, but children will want you to read it to them over and over again! Brydie Wright h ...more
Laura Lohiniva-Hart
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Hilarious picture book with real uncomplicated Aussie humor! Love it!! My 5 year old daughter didn’t stop giggling all the way. Brydie Wright has done a good job for writing a story that seems like a simple one, but delivers a different understanding for different age group of readers. Like why is he hiding in the bathroom? The answer is hilarious for both myself and for my 5 year old, but we might laugh to different aspect of it. As well the colorful illustration is working really well for the ...more
Mark Lancaster
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a clever and humorous look at why a little boy can't find his Dad. The story of his search is easy and fun to read, leading the reader on with flowing rhymes and great illustrations. This story will appeal to both adult and child audiences who enjoy a quirky sense of humour. It can also be used to teach children that adults also need some "alone time".
Fiona Hawkes
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book will have kids and adults alike giggling away with its rhyming prose and funny illustrations (my favourite was the one of the mum with her loo roll hanging out of her jeans!) Bodily functions are still an area we don't really talk about and this book brings them to light with humor and style. It may not be for everyone but if you pick up a copy you certainly won't regret it.
Debbie Jinks
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm sure a lot of kids can relate to this book, adults too in fact! I enjoyed the prose and it was witty but not offensive. The illustrations were good but the only thing that stopped me from giving this book 5 stars was one of the pictures of a poo wrapped around daddy. Maybe too much information? Looking at it through a child's eyes though they'd probably laugh out loud. A really fun book.
Chantelle Atkins
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This amusing book had my two and a half year old laughing out loud, and my nine year old giggling away. Great fun to read!
Susan Day
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As we all know kids' favorite jokes always seem to be centered on farting or poo!
Children's author Brydie Wright has recognised this interesting fact and created a book that is not just about poo, but the longest poo of all!
This delightful book explains why dads spend so much time on the toilet.
Why do they do it? What purpose could this serve?
Well, you are not the only person to ponder this deep conundrum.
In this story, we meet a little boy who is trying to find his father. He notices that his
Eleanor Mulder
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
My girls (age 3 and 5) wanted to read this book twice in one day; they thought it was really funny. Even Daddy cracked a smile, but I think Mummy had the last laugh ;)

Great illustrations.
Amanda
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a fun quirky book that was enjoyed more by my husband and I, than our 3 year old. Definitely worth the read for us. Very clever book Ms Wright.

I won a copy of this book from Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.
John Greenwood
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great, fun book - I have two boys so went down well in our house!
Martin Maguire
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a find! As I read the book to an enchanted grand son, I finally discovered why all the Dads, other than me, spend so much time in the loo. The humourous illustrations, the rhyming text and my lilting voice brought the great revelation to life. I am not letting on any more, you'll have to discover it for your self. Wonder what the next book will reveal?
Susan Hili
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book to my Granddaughters and they loved it. My husband listened in and he grinned all the way through. It's amusing and I think its also hit the nail on the head as far as daddies go. A well written book with plenty of laughs. The illustrations are hilarious! Highly recommended by both granddaughters and grandparents!
Michelle Wanasundera
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While children may have a preference for the type of stories they like - rhyming, adventure, mystical or sweet - there is one type of story that ALL kids love - a story about poo!
'Daddy and the World's Longest Poo' is a guarantee for giggles.
My daughter (5 yrs) - 'It's so funny with the bummy!'
I think this would also make a really fun Father's Day gift from a child to their Dad.
Michelle Dennise
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The title had me intrigued. I thought it an interesting thing to write about 😅. So I had to read it of course and I was not disappointed. It gave me a good giggle and deserves a thumbs up from me. 👍🏻. I can see children and parents enjoying it.
Sandra Sutter
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guaranteed to get giggles galore! Here is an author who isn't afraid to tackle one of life's greatest family mysteries. The illustrations are a great complement to the text and will push those laughs even further.
Janelle McGuinness
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A delightful and hilarious book about a common place a lot of dads go to hide. The illustrations a fun and colourful and it made my children laugh out loud.
Tony Hastie
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a givaway a million years ago. Being an at home dad its taken me until now to write the review.

Its fantastic to see all the good reviews for this book and be reminded that toilet humour is alive and well. My daughter is too young to enjoy it at the moment but it didnt stop me from doing so...this kind of humour is right up my ally... Whats more its a true story! I, like my father before me have come to the realisation that I probably spend far too long sitting on the throne. I
Helen Maguire
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book with its setting out of the everyday. Kids enjoy it too as they can easily relate to a familiar topic laced with humour. The touch of poetry makes it an easy read and something to talk to the family about! Highly recommended!!!
Natarsha Brown
Dolli
Edgar Connell

• ABC's with Rocky
  • I'd Rather Be A Dragon
  • What's In My Broom Bristles?
  • A Hatter Adventure: The Secret Door of Osiris
  • If You Were Me and Lived in... Ancient Greece
  • Calico: From Homeless to Dream Come True
  • Little Red Cuttlefish
  • The Missing Reindeer
  • May I Play with You?
  • Moo Knows Numbers: A Learn to Count Book (The Adventures of Midge and Moo, #3)
  • Oswald the Almost Famous Opossum
  • You Throw Like a Girl
  • Stuff That Sucks: A Teen's Guide to Accepting What You Can't Change and Committing to What You Can
  • The Magpie King
  • Give Please a Chance
  • Blood Dragons (Rebel Vampires, #1)
  • Things On a Tree
  • Little Red Gliding Hood
Brydie Wright is a first-time Author from Sydney. Four years ago motherhood turned her life on its head and sparked her imagination. Brydie now finds creativity through writing about the quirks of family life. Through her tongue-in-cheek tales, she writes as much for the parents of little readers as for the little readers themselves. Daddy and the World's Longest Poo has been awarded FINALIST, Chi ...more