Start by marking “Shadows and Dreams (ReMade #1.1)” as Want to Read:
Shadows and Dreams (ReMade #1.1)

Shadows and Dreams

(ReMade #1.1)

ReMade, the latest serial from Serial Box, unfolds over 15 episodes and will take readers past the boundaries of time, space, and even death.

Every minute, 108 people die. In one of those minutes this fall, twenty-three of those deaths will be teenagers. Now they are humanity’s last hope for survival. Awakened in a post-apocalyptic world and hunted by mechanical horrors, t
Published September 13th 2016 by Serial Box

To ask other readers questions about Shadows and Dreams, please sign up.
CT Hmmm... maybe you should delete this question seeing that you have already rated episodes 5 and 6 which are not yet published officially. Anyway, here…moreHmmm... maybe you should delete this question seeing that you have already rated episodes 5 and 6 which are not yet published officially. Anyway, here is the link that you probably already have... (and if you do delete this question, I am perfectly fine)

Justine
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
As the first episode in a serial, this did a pretty good job setting up the story and generating lots of questions.
Dany Burns
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
I really didn't love this book. I'm not a huge fan of serialized books in the first place but I really did not understand the plot of the story. I found everything really rushed I had no idea what was happening on the space ship or if the caretakers would come back into the story. The ending did not make me want to continue on. I feel like this first episode should have just done more set up. I understand wanting to get to the acting but I was really just left confused. If I do continue on the w ...more
Irene△⃒⃘➰
2.5/5 ~ mini review

UPDATE 12.08.2017
Rating decreased because of the second episode!
__________________________________

What to say... It's been only a few days and I already forgot most of the book :(

I found the story pretty intriguing but for me everything happened way too fast, it was a little confusing and messy.
The world is interesting but not well introduced and the characters follow the same path.
When I need to "add" a very short book to my "read" list this series will be my first choice b
Ashley Daviau
I wavered between giving this two or three stars for the longest time and settled for three finally as I did enjoy it for the most part. The downfall is that you're kind of just thrown into the story without much information and that makes it a bit confusing. I'm not a fan of serialized stories and this was no different. While I did find the concept intriguing and I did enjoy it, it definitely didn't grab my interest enough for me to continue on with the next episodes!
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Perfect length for a cuppa.

I love serials, how you get these delightful little packages to delve into, the anticipation between installments, the smaller stories contributing to a larger story-arc... Quite like comics.

This one wasn't quite for me though. I blame the space element, because I'm just not very comfortable reading space sci-fi.
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
Remade: Season One-Episode 1...

Remade is a new YA post-apocalyptic serial written by a collaboration of authors: Matthew Cody, Kiersten White, E. C. Myers, Andrea Phillips, Carrie Harris & Gwenda Bond, and published by Serial Box Publishing. There are 15 episodes and each episode will be released weekly and feature one of the six different authors I listed above.

I have to admit, when I started reading the first episode, Shadows & Dreams written by Matthew Cody, it didn't grab me the way
Jules ♈ ☾Bookvergent☽
Copy received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. Seriously, as if I cared that publishers might actually see this.
Professional Reader

DNF 11%. Nope, not for me. This book was not for me at all. The plot and writing style was really messy. Very confusing and I felt like I was going nowhere. I couldn't place myself in the setting nor time. Maybe it was too complex for me, I don't know what to think.
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
HOLY MUFFINS, such a great first episode!! Guys, you should start reading this YA serial NOW. :D
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
Season 1: Episode 1

I saw this on Netgalley and thought it sounded like it could be a really interesting dystopia/post-apocalyptic story. I believe I was right. This first installment takes a few to get into because you’re getting the set-up for what’s to come throughout the season.

High school student Holden is giving his crush a ride to a party that he would’ve otherwise not been invited to. He can’t believe his luck that her car broke down right after their high school play performance. But on
Stephanie (Bookfever)
I liked the first episode of ReMade, "Shadows and Dreams" for sure but I didn't totally love it. I guess I just missed something extra to get me more into the story. The mystery of the story and how it started grabbed my attention, though. I love science fiction (it's one of my favorite genres) and I have a fondness for serials so I definitely want to check out the next episode sometime.
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Mandy C.

Read the review here.
Grace Morris
So, I picked this up a couple years ago as it was offered for free on the publisher's website, along with the second episode. No one paid me for a review and all the thoughts here are my own honest opinion.

Anyway, I was trying to buffer some very important help videos and because of my slow Internet connection I needed something to do while waiting. I picked this up on a wham as it fit the bill of being short. I love sci-fi and have wanted to read more in the genre, so it was a double good thing
Mona Lisa (ForestGreenReader)
The premise of this book kind of reminds me of Alight by Scott Sigler, with the characters waking up on a space station completely confused. I like that the confusion was done right, I was eager to find out what was happening along with the narrator. Definitely made me excited to read episode 2, I just wish they were in the paperback form instead of all ebooks.
Sofia
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is odd. It builds an interesting world and it does leave me with some questions, however, it didn't spark many emotions inside me.
♠️ TABI ♠️
May 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
Here's hoping all the episodes come out in paperback form because dannnnnggggg this looks good!
Austine (NovelKnight)
Shadows and Dreams is the first episode in the serial story ReMade by six authors. The first, by Matthew Cody, kicks off the plot with Holden, a teen with a crush who gets close to the girl in question through a series of events that end with awakening on a vessel of some kind well outside the Earth's atmosphere.

I'm not familiar with serials. I don't know how long they usually are or how quickly you're thrown into the action but in this episode that ends in 32 pages, you get the action first, ba
Aditi ~ •A Thousand Words A Million Books
AS SEEN ON: A THOUSAND WORDS A MILLION BOOKS

I received a review copy from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

In case a book blog is not enough evidence, I'm obsessed with reading. I love LOVE ignoring the rest of the world to get lost in a fictional one.

It might be a little less well known fact that I'm also obsessed with TV Shows. I can sit in front of the TV for days and not realise time has gone by.

So when the awesome people ove
Elaine White

POV – 3rd person, one character POV
Would I read it again – Yes

Genre – Sci-Fi, Contemporary, Futuristic, Alien

** COPY RECEIVED THROUGH NETGALLEY **

For 32 pages, this glimpse into the ReMade story really packs a punch.

Not only is Holden loveable and relateable, but the teen love and teen angst is realistically adorable and heartbreaking. His attraction to Seyah and the way
Avigail
My edition of this book has 36 pages and not 32 as it said on the goodreads page. It is a book that I got in an owlcrate subscription. Read it in one sitting as it is a very short of book part of an internet series. The truth is that it is not my cup of tea, the plot of the story was a little bit weird and rushed and that is because of the serialized aspect of the book.
The truth is that I haven't read a lot of science fiction and certainly not the kind of a series that is written in episodes li
Ayah
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an e-ARC copy of Shadows and Dreams from the publisher via NetGALLEY , in exchange with an honest review.

Shadows and Dreams is an intriguing pilot with lots of vivid, futuristic descriptions that will leave you craving to read the next episode .

Sometimes, you need to read more than 30 pages to get into the book. However, this pilot managed to capture my interest half way through ( the 30-something pages) & the ending was just perfect.

I felt like there was so much pressure on Mathe
Nichole
After being the only male fairy in the school play, Holden is getting ready to head for home. His crush is in the parking lot with car trouble, so he offers her a ride. On the way to a party, they crash. When they wake up, the whole world has changed. This was my first venture into serials, and I'm kind of mixed on whether I like the concept or not. I think I will try another one before I make up my mind. I received a copy of this from Net Galley.
Crystal
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anik
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first, I wasn't sure but now count me in as intrigued..

Once you grab the concept, you just want to know more.

I am tempted to buy the rest of the series.
kelly {BookCrushin}
All of my reviews of ReMade are more plot based than my normal reviews, so they are all a little more spoilery than usual. I recommend checking out my review for the first episode before reading on!

Whoa! I am definitely hooked! Reading serialized fiction is super fun! The episodes are short enough for my commute and I am left eagerly awaiting the next. I’m lucky that this season is already complete as I start it because, man there are some nasty cliff hangers. The ones I have encountered alread
Puput
I received this book from the publisher via netgalley.

So this was a bit strange. I loved how it started because I thought i jumped straight to action and left me curious but then I found it was a dream and... yeah, so cliche. There's actually a lot of cliche in it. Not like cliche cliche, but there are a lot of things I've seen plenty in other fantasy/sci fi/dystopian books. I didn't really enjoy the narrative because there were too many unnecessary descriptions. They went into details explainin
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland

An interesting YA SciFi thrill ride! I wasn't sure what to think of this book at first, it starts out slow and I don't like the MCs but things quickly picked up, and I love the sci-fi parts! Once I figured out what was going on, and things started happening, I was hooked! All the authors are new to me, and I haven't even heard of this book before, but I'm definitely interested in reading the rest now that I've found it! It does contain cussing and gore, but is a great read and I highly recommend
Heather Keiffer-Farr
“I’m just trying to make some sense of all this."
This line from the story sums up how I felt reading this. As the story rushed through events, I began wondering if my Kindle had not downloaded the book correctly. I feel that the story could have been better constructed by being longer. There was no introduction to the environment, characters, or events. I felt lost reading this. I have no interest reading any other books in the series.
Christina
I don’t like serial books but I gave this one a try because the description sounded really interesting. I was not impressed. I started off enjoying the story but it was very confusing because you have no clue about what happened in the backstory. In the end, it just wasn’t enough to make me want to learn more. Also, there is no way that I would be able to keep up week after week with the installments. That’s not how I like to read.
Kayleigh Didion
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owlcrate
Very intriguing read. I'm confused but I'm guessing that's kind of the point so that you'll want to continue reading to find out more. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it since its a serialization but now I'm leaning towards buying it so I can read all of it.
AC
so far i think it’s a pretty interesting premise but i’m also entirely over holden and tbh would rather read smth from umta’s or seyah’s POV
« previous 1 3 next »

• Doctor Who: Devil in the Smoke
  • Phantom File (Dark Eden, #1.5)
  • Miasma (Star Trek: The Original Series)
  • The Girl in the City (Leah King #1)
  • Operation White Christmas: An Escape to the Country Novella
  • Cuttlefish (Cuttlefish, #1)
  • Fire (Dreams of Fire and Gods, #2)
  • The Cookies & Cups Cookbook: 125+ sweet & savory recipes reminding you to Always Eat Dessert First
  • Little Felted Animals Create 16 Irresistible Creatures with Simple Needle-felting Techniques by Horvath, Marie-Noelle ( Author ) ON Sep-04-2008, Paperback
  • Parnucklian for Chocolate
  • Falling for Christmas
  • Night's Blaze: Part 3
  • The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness
  • Heat of the Moment
  • Doctor Who: The Death Pit (Time Trips)
  • River Rats
  • Loving Mindy (Lone Pine Lake, #2.5)
  • Prophecy of Darkness (Legends of the Tri-Gard, #1)
Originally from the Midwest, Matthew Cody now lives in New York City with his wife and son. When not writing books or goofing off with his family, he teaches creative writing to kids of all ages.

ReMade (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Hungry (ReMade #1.2)
  • Home, Perilous Home (ReMade #1.3)
  • The Most Dangerous Game (ReMade #1.4)
  • Umta (ReMade #1.5)
  • Reality No-Show (ReMade #1.6)
  • Mourning Train (ReMade #1.7)
  • End of the Line (ReMade #1.8)
  • Whiteout (ReMade #1.9)
  • Mirror of Fate (ReMade #1.10)
  • We're Dead in This Ghost Town (ReMade #1.11)