Start by marking “The Opposite of Ordinary (Heartbreaker Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Opposite of Ordinary (Heartbreaker Society, #1)

The Opposite of Ordinary

(Heartbreaker Society #1)

One day ago my life was pretty perfect. But a lot can change in a day.

In one day, I went from being Ashlynn Wynterland, one of the most popular girls in school to being the girl who spends lunchtime hiding out in Mr. Chester’s classroom and watching Maxon Harter and his science obsessed friends mess around with experiments. All because Queeny Harlington thinks I made out w
Published October 16th 2016

Tandie
Free with Kindle Unlimited. This was my first book by JS and I really picked a winner! There were some minor grammatical errors, which could easily be cleaned up. Stuff like plural being conjugated like singular and vice versa, which was an annoying repeat error throughout.

Super cute YA story about the fall of a popular girl and her experience finding real friendship. There might be a hot 'n' nerdy boy next door that Ashlynn (dubbed Asslynn by the mean kids) has had a secret crush on since 5th
Verna Loves Books
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Opposite of Ordinary by Jessica Sorensen was such an enjoyable read. I was instantly pulled into the story and could not put it down once I started it. I'm always fascinated by Jessica's stories and this was no exception.

The Opposite of Ordinary will push all your boundaries because it makes you feel like you're in high school again. It is so easy to relate to. But it is also such a sweet, heart-pounding, romantic, yet cute story that leaves you with a smile.

This book will forever stay with
L
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
**3.75 Stars**

Let's be real, without Clove (and Ash's brother, Lucky), this would have been a 3 star book. I think this is the first time I've had a book crush on a secondary character.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fun YA book by Jessica Sorensen!
Yv
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ondanks dat dit boek (denk ik) voor wat jonger publiek is weggelegd, vond ik het toch leuk om 'm gelezen te hebben. Het was een beetje een mix van Cruel Intentions en Mean Girls, en laat Cruel Intentions nou één van mijn favoriete films zijn :-).

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Voor de buitenwereld is Ash de populaire meid met een hecht vriendenclubje en het leukste vriendje van school Voor Ash is het meer onzekerheid, want ondanks dat ze niet gelukkig is, doet ze nare dingen om
Rahmi
Tipikal, tai karakter Maxon nya tu bikin melting xD
Menna
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kids
i reread the kids are still valid, but i wanna point out that fashion icon maxon lastname would never dress like that boy on the cover.
............................
4.5 stars.
Julie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Frenemies……former friends that become enemies. Those enemies are the ones that can break the pedestal that you formerly stood upon. For Ashlynn Wynterland – the reality that she has fallen from ‘grace’ is at the forefront of her daily existence. One day she hung with the popular crowd, the next Ashlynn finds herself the spectacle of gossip.

Queeny Harlington is at the top of the pyramid chain. The girl that can make or break your social status. Once a friend to Ashlynn, Queeny has decided to unl
Boundless Book Reviews
The Opposite of Ordinary, is really about a girl trying to find herself again. After getting dis-friended by the Queen (you know what) in high school.

I actually really liked Ashlynn. I loved seeing her growth through out this story. The chemistry between her and Maxon was very real to me.

Sorenson, has written a ton of books. I’ve only had the pleasure of reading only a few. But each time, she brings these characters to life. She has a way of pulling at your heartstrings. I did tear up reading
Alexa Curtis
3.5 Stars
Rebekka
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was honestly want of those books that you just can't stop reading. These characters just stick with you. I really liked the honesty of the main character. Not that she's honest all the time, but she tries to fix what she's done and that takes some major guts and bravery at different times in the story. I'll definitely check out the rest of the series!
Rowan Greene
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Full disclosure: I'm not a teenager so take my review with a grain of salt. Having said that, I do read a lot of YA and thoroughly enjoy authors like Niven and Nelson. So let's dive right in...

We have to start with the names. Srsly? One odd name in a book can be annoying but this book is chock full of them (and not just first names): Ashlynn, Clove, Lucky, Maxon, Kinslee, Huntley, Queeny (yes, you read that one right--the villain aka Queen Bee is called Queeny. I guess her parents didn't like he
Elsie Caba
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this book but the level of drama was too much. I don't know if its the fact that I'm from another country but if the schools in the US are like what we see here or in movies and other books I'm happy I'm not there.

Another thing I don't like too much is the drama at the end. This book could've ended with Ash and Maxon HEA but no, more drama was added and now we have to wait til book two to figure it out and this is very recurrent on this author. I enjoy her books but series are not alway
Sara
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epub, kindle
OMG I loved it! This was so cute!
And I may be a little in love with Clove. OMG he was so cute, sweet, fun and charming! Needless to say he was my favorite character in the book.
I also like Max a lot. So cute!
I feel so sad the book ended. I want more!
R.H. Tucker
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. I thought Queeny was a little over the top, but I never dealt with a "mean girl" in HS, and she seems to be the ultimate mean girl. Clove was hilarious. Looking forward to more books in this series.
Jayme D Buck
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my favorite from JS

I didn't "love" the characters as much in this book & found some of the story choppy. Not my favorite
Tracey Milito
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was a great read. The story pulls you in from the beginning and doesn't let you go. I can't wait for the next book.
Kathryn Packingham
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story!

I love the nerd with the socialite romance!! It was a beyond sweet and hilarious adventure! The imagery sucks you right into the story too!
Lissa Rice
**5 Boundless Stars** Full Review and rating will be up on Boundless Book Reviews
Celine
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, loved
Gushing alert...<3 <3

I know this might be a cliche YA for most, but I totally loved it. Aside from the fact that I like most of Jessica Sorensen's books, her YA stories like Confessions of Kleptomaniac & Rules of a Rebel & a Shy Girl really made me happy. I thought Confessions would be my ultimate fave, but this book came up!

Given with the fabulous cover it has, The Opposite of Ordinary was something truly amazing inside and out. Yes, it deals with fairly petty things consider its
Courtney
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jessica Sorensen is the queen of YA romances and this is just another example of why she rocks at writing these stories.

The Opposite of Ordinary is very sweet and heartwarming read. The overall point of the story is very endearing and speaks about issues in high schools all over the world - fitting in and being accepted for who you are.

Ashlynn is someone struggling to find her place. She's very much a follower and has a hard time sticking up for herself. And that's how she finds herself being t
Alison Beechner
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
If you liked Mean Girls...

So I liked the story for the most part, but it definitely had a lot of juvenile elements to it (but hey it is a book about teenagers - I juts prefer my teenagers to be "unordinarily" mature).

Maxon really is beyond sweet and perfect and I love the way the story promotes the nice guy instead of the school heart throb. I loved all the parts about their developing relationship and Ash's self discovery. With the recent release of Riverdale on The CW, I totally pictured Cole
Mo
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Review

I liked Max. He's so sweet. I adored Clove. He is smart, funny, thoughtful and warm. Ash grew on me. I did like her taste in music. Her life choices ehhhh not so much. It's a decent coming of age story. Ash should have confessed sooner, but she made amends. Queeny is someone foreign to my high school experience and I am exceedingly thankful.
The Heartbreaker Society is a twisted concept. Clarissa should definitely be careful. This is a stand-alone book. Oh l, it's also free on Kindle Unlim
Uvi
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Just "ok"

This was a cute, quick read. Not a lot of substance to the plot and I'm not sure this should have been a series, but I guess it is. I liked the heroine/hero chemistry but like I said this book isn't deep, just a bubble gum read for when you are looking for something light.
Natasha
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS A GREAT READ!

Rarely do i truly enjoy being in thd protagonists head. But Ash was great! Lovef her humor and her weird side. Maxon (in my head it was always maxton... dunno why) was a sweetheart and his friends soo lovable! I was kept guessing with the twists and mystery. Really hope their is a second book.
Nikki Thompson
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet 3.5 stars

A bit predictable, but good characters. Not as unique as I hoped. mean girl plus gossip girl. Clove and Max were adorable.
Gracie
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is cute! High school feels.
Sarah Crawford
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about bullying and just how far it can be taken. It starts out with a girl named Ash who was herself a bully. She followed Queeny, the chief bully, and did her bidding for years. Then, as can happen, Queeny turns against her. With that single action a coordinated, full on bullying campaign takes place targeting Ash (including the normal things like people making fun of her, nasty phone messages and photos, etc.)

Things get really bad before she finds a couple of guys, Max and Clove
Tracy Trixy
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book! Five stars :) I read in one day, it was a late night, but who needs sleep!
As usual a clever story about a mean girl, her supposed best friend and nerds... well written and the characters are well rounded... quick question tho, any chance of a book for Clove?!
Loved Ash and her release from the queen bee, trying to make up for what was done, and getting to spend time with her crush ;) and Maxon is a sweetheart! I really loved the interactions between these too, and also at a coup
Jenny
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, easy YA read. Ash walks into school and her ex-"best friend" has turned the entire school, including her boyfriend against her with some lies (and some truths) that she has spread. Ash's next door neighbor is science geek Maxon. When Clive arrives to take Max to school he offers Ash a ride also. Ash finds she can have real friendships and is more herself now than she had been for 6 years but she is afraid of her new friends being attacked by Queeny. She also needs to share something terribl ...more
Young Adult Conte...: #9 The Opposite of Ordinary by Jessica Sorensen 18 24 Mar 15, 2017 01:57PM
  • Ella's Twisted Senior Year
  • Dating on the Dork Side
  • The Last Place You Look
  • The Dirt
  • Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2)
  • Die Stunde der Lilie (Lilien-Reihe, #1)
  • In the Spotlight
  • Almost Kings
  • Falling (Bits and Pieces #1)
  • Weddings, Crushes, and Other Dramas (Creative HeArts, #6; Willa and Finn, #2)
  • Accidental Cinderella (Accidental, #6)
  • The Summer Before Forever (Before Forever, #1)
  • Winging It (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #3)
  • Haint Misbehavin'
  • A Taylor-Made Life (Taylor-Made, #1)
  • Locked Tight (Mindjack #4; Mindjack: Zeph #1)
  • Incriminating Dating
  • Not Okay Cupid
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

Heartbreaker Society (3 books)
  • The Simplicity in Ordinary (Heartbreaker Society, #2)
  • The Heartbreaker Society: The Deal