Start by marking “Everything Bundt the Truth (The Dinner Club Murder Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Everything Bundt the Truth (The Dinner Club Murder Mysteries, #1)

Everything Bundt the Truth

(The Dinner Club Murder Mysteries #1)

~Tied for FIRST PLACE in the Suspense Novel category of the 2017 IDA Contest sponsored by Oklahoma Romance Writers of America~

She cheated on dessert. A murderer killed before dinner. If she doesn't cook up the solution, she'll be banned from the club.

A recent widow, Jane Marsh, is determined to recapture a rich, full life. She strives for youthful fun by riding a bicycle d
303 pages
Published November 2nd 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Everything Bundt the Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything Bundt the Truth

FangirlNation
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
In Everything Bundt the Truth by Karen C. Whalen, Jane Marsh has big aspirations. Her big dream is to join an exclusive dinner club which her friend Cheryl belongs to. So when she is given a trial to host a dinner, Jane gets a professional cleaner recommended by Cheryl to make her house spotless in the hopes of impressing the club members. Leaving the house to pick up a bundt cake, Jane returns to a spotless house, but she finds Monica Hatch, the new housekeeper, dead in the basement.

Read the re
Rabid Reader
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very enjoyable cosy mystery that has with a nice twist and an interesting plot. Jane is trying to reestablish her life after the tragic death of her second husband. Her sons live away from home and she is lonely. Not only is she entering the dating world again, but she is also trying to join a local diners group. When she hires a cleaner to make her home spotless before she hosts her trial dinner, she never expects to be trust into the centre of murder investigations. Suspicions, drugs ...more
Deedra
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book.Jane has lost her second husband.Her sons are off on their own.All she wants is to become part of a dining group in her city.When her new housekeeper is found dead at her house on the big day,her chances fade.Ann Simmons was a terrific narrator.“I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.”
Paula Wilkinson
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book in audio format in exchange for an honest review. I consider it to be a rated PG murder mystery. I enjoyed reading it. It held my attention, and I never suspected whodunnit.
An Lucille
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story and a nice quick read.
Norma
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, audio, cozy, mystery, reviewed
( Format : Audiobook )
"We'll take a cup of kindness yet..."
Jane's world is feeling empty. Both of her son's have left home, one for college and the other for the army. And she has recently been widowed for the second time, both of her husband's having died somewhat suspiciously falling to their deaths into the sea. So when her newly employed cleaner is found dead in her basement on the day of her first attempt to add the gourmet dinner club meetings to her calender, it was not too surprising tha
Rosemary K
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane Marsh is a widow with two grown sons. She's starting a new life. She wants to join a Dinner Club where she'll meet new people. Her plans are derailed when her house cleaner is murdered and Jane becomes the prime suspect. What should she do? It's simple. She'll find the culprit. I liked Jane's spunk. She doesn't accept her fate. She does something about it. On the other hand, her dating experience are just as rocky as her daily life. I had to laugh at some of them, but I think she found a ke ...more
Patricia Stoltey
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Dinner Club Murder Mysteries, a three-book series. I bought and read this novel on my Kindle in preparation for the Sisters-in-Crime-Colorado Northern book club meeting in June.

Two-times widowed in unusual circumstances, Jane Marsh is determined to set her life back in order and have some fun for a change. One of her goals is to nab an invitation to join the neighborhood dinner club. The group is scheduled to attend Jane’s first audition meal at her home but the pla
Elissa
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let's start with the disclaimer: I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review. I requested it because I thought it sounded like fun--and it was. The plotting was clever, clues were well-developed, and the denouement was a surprise. Clearly set in the present with full internet and cellphone capabilities, there was nonetheless a curious '60s quality to the lifestyle; I kept expecting Rob and Laura Petrie to sit down to dinner. (Since I loved that ...more
Judy
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Was there ever a group you wanted to join so badly that you’d do just about anything to be included? This is certainly an interesting group of people. Jane has certainly had an interesting life. How would you handle what she’s had to deal with? Do you like to cook? I can’t even imagine cooking for a group of really good cooks. The story goes along with a few questions and surprises, which always makes reading interesting. I hope you enjoy the ride these folks take together. I received a free cop ...more
Jane
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
When a widow's new housekeeper winds up dead a few hours before she hosts her first dinner for an exclusive dinner club, she turns super-sleuth to try to figure out who committed the murder in this intricately plotted story that, in classic murder tradition, casts suspicion on most of the characters in the book at one time or another.
New pets and new daughter-in-laws provide human interest and comic relief.
Worth the listen.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jane had two husbands fall to their death. Jane hired a housekeeper, Monica, to clean her house. On her first day, Jane had to pick up a cake for a dinner party and left Monica alone. When Jane returned she found Monica dead in her basement. Jane is put on the top of the suspect list, since her two husbands died under suspicious circumstances. Jane will not rest until she finds out who killed Monica. This is a great murder mystery, with a second suspicious death, money laundering, and drugs.
April
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Everything Bundt the Truth A Dinner Club Murder Mystery
: Karen C. Whalen

This is a clean cozy mystery that had suspense and romance to add to the plot. The pace was a bit slow for my taste, but it held my attention. Plenty of suspects to choose from, and enough twists to keep you wondering.

The narration was well done. The characters were well portrayed by Ann Simmons.

Katharine Thomas
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A good start to this series for this debut cozy mystery author. I would have preferred more character development and less jumping from one scenario abruptly to another. The author herself says she gets better with her writing skills with each new novel she writes. I will enjoy reading what she has in store next.
Suzan
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This audiobook was good just not great. The main character Jane didn't come across as being real to me. The narrator Ann Simmons was also just okay for me. Nothing really stands out or is really bad either. I was gifted this book with the understanding I would leave an honest review.
Diane
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fast read. Doesn't hang together well. Take some lessons from Stephanie Plum.
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B01M05NQTY
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
My Rating: 4.25 Stars

I received a copy of Everything Bundt the Truth from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

When Jane Marsh has a lot against h
Rima Aiello
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything Bundt the Truth was a delightful start to a new series. We have our main character, Jane, who is trying to get back to life after both of her husbands dying of questionable circumstances and children moving on and out with their own lives. One step Jane is taking to add more to her own life is attempting to join a dinner club that a friend of hers is a member of. Then the murder of her new cleaning lady happens, and we are off.
This book was definitely an easy read, story flowed nicel
Sandi Hemming
Penny Snyder
Nov 08, 2016
Mary Helene
Nov 08, 2016
Audiobooks: Free Copies of Cozy Mystery in Exchange for Review 13 47 Nov 21, 2017 01:23PM
Karen C. Whalen is the author of a culinary cozy series, the “dinner club murder mysteries.” The first three in the series are: Everything Bundt the Truth, Not According to Flan, and No Grater Evil. Her books are similar to those written by cozy authors Jessica Beck and Joanne Fluke.

The first in the series, Everything Bundt the Truth, tied for FIRST PLACE in the Suspense Novel category of the 201

The Dinner Club Murder Mysteries (4 books)
  • Not According to Flan (The Dinner Club Murder Mysteries #2)
  • No Grater Evil (The Dinner Club Murder Mysteries #3)
  • A Stewed Observation (The Dinner Club Murder Mysteries, #4)