Start by marking “Tangled in Sin (Bound and Determined, #5)” as Want to Read:
Tangled in Sin (Bound and Determined, #5)

Tangled in Sin (Bound and Determined #5)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  146 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
An innocent young woman flirts with scandal and becomes the mistress of her own forbidden desires in this stimulating Regency romance from the author of Mastering the Marquess.

Lady Cynthia Westhope can’t believe the shocking rumor is true. Her childhood friend, the daughter of a duke no less, has become the madam of London’s most exclusive and notorious brothel. Though sh
Published April 18th 2017 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Tangled in Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled in Sin

Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Tangled in Sin' by Lavinia Kent is book Five in the "Bound and Determined" series. This is the story of Cynthia 'Sin' and James. I have been jumping in and out of this series so for me this was a standalone book.
Sin has sneaked into a Brothel that she has heard her childhood best friend now owns. Sin wants to see if its true and if she can help her. But Sin learns that her friend feels that this is her life now since she has a child out of wedlock. While Sin is there her friends brother comes
~Mandi~
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I started reading this one without any idea of what it was gonna be about. So I was a little surprised to find that it's a historical romance/erotica book. But it was a good surprise and I really enjoyed the majority of this story.

Lady Cynthia found her friend, Jasmine,as the Madam of a brothel. While she was at the brothel Jasmine's brother arrives to talk some sense into her. Cynthia hid so that she wouldn't be seen at a brothel. While she was sneaking away from the brothel that night she was
Natasha
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This is an erotic novel set in England during what could be the Regency or early Victorian era. If you approach this novel knowing you will be reading erotica, you will probably enjoy it. If you sit down and expect a sweet or thrilling romance novel, you will be most likely be disappointed. This book contains several sex scenes, and they are all explicit. You’ve been forewarned.

Lady Cynthia, the heroine, wants to help her friend Lady Jasmine, the new owner of a brothel and unwed mother. (view s
Linda
Ms. Kent's fifth book I her Bound And Determined series " Tangled in Sin" gets five sexy erotic starts from me, with a smooth and enjoyable transfer of characters in a delicious plot line.

Madame Rogue has passed the torch to the new Madame Blanche"Jasmine Scarlett" the disgraced daughter of a Duke , which in itself is a journey full of pitfalls. A demanding and domineering father trying to marry her off to a man twice her age, a brother who loves her but wants more for her and a curious best fre
JG
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tangled in Sin is the fifth book in Lavinia Kent's popular Bound and Determined Series but, it's also the start of a new set of characters so it can be read as a standalone. Here, Madame Rouge has now turned over her beloved and infamous brother to Madame Blanche. Madame Blanche being from the ton has her own sets of problems to deal with including a meddling brother and a curious but equally concerned best friend. A case of mistaken identity and a failed abduction results in James and Sin being ...more
ies
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gak ero ah tetep.. tp ya gw masukin shelves eroro dah (gimana sih!) kwkwkwkwkw gw awalnya tertarik baca buku ini dibanding buku nya Ruby, tp kr males baca dr buku 1 jadinya baca part nya Ruby aja XD

Nah, mustinya baca ini tu gw harus baca 4.5 deh, biar rada mudeng masalah pemindahan rumah bordil dr Ruby ke Jasmine, Jasmine ini adek sebapaknya Ruby, anaknya Duke of Scarlet jg, tp anak sah.. dan Jasmine keknya kena tipu mas2, atau mbuh alasan apa gw kaga tau.. pokoknya Jasmine hamil dan gak mau kl
Sheila Melo
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
FINAL DECISION:  As the series takes off in new directions with new characters, I miss the madam Ruby but am very intrigued by the secrets the new characters have.  Sin and James are an intriguing couple who might be one of the most conventional in this series -- although the sex is still pretty hot!

THE STORY:  Lady Cynthia Westhope finds out that her childhood friend, the daughter of a duke, has become the madam at the most notorious brothel in London.  When Cynthia travels to the brothel in or
WTF Are You Reading?
Both Lavinia Kent and the colorful cast of lusty and licentious characters who have enraptured the hearts and inflamed the passions of Bound and Determined series fans, have undergone quite a few changes over the collection's progression. Tangled in Sin, the newest tale in the saga, offers readers yet another transition...and yet another introduction.

Madame Blanche, the newest and most scandalized owner of the brothel once known as Madame Rouge's, has more reasons than anyone to keep both her i
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you love historical romance, intriguing characters, a great story, and heavy doses of erotic content, you’ll love Lavinia Kent’s Bound and Determined series. In one single night, James and Cynthia’s lives are changed completely and, before he knows it, James is Tangled In Sin.

Lady Cynthia (Sin) Westhope probably shouldn’t have gone looking for her friend Jasmine, but her sense of adventure, as always, pushed her forward without considering the consequences. Rumors that her dearest childhood
Tracy Emro
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I am voluntarily reviewing an eARC provided to me by NetGalley and the publisher*

I really enjoyed this book, it had a much lighter feel than the previous books in the series and while I found James to be just wonderful, Cynthia not so much.

James and Cynthia aka Sin have known each other forever, Jasmine is James' younger sister and Sin's best friend. After hearing rumors that Jasmine is now Madame Blanche and the new owner of Ruby's pleasure house. Sin decides to pay her friend a visit
PointedlyBlunt
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tangled in Sin is the fifth book in the Bound in Determined series, but it can be read as a standalone.
I’m not sure of the period, but it’s listed as a Regency Romance/Erotica, so I garner the book takes place in Regency London. (Try not to be too impressed by my detective skills, please).

Cynthia is abducted in a case of mistaken identity, taken to an abandoned cottage and left there. Her childhood crush, James, comes to the rescue, but they both get stranded for a few days due to a heavy storm.
Pinky1979
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Lavinia Kent book so I had no idea what to expect. And I have to say that it was very good. This book has a lot of romance favourites all wrapped into one. We have the heroine who has always had a crush on her best friend's older brother, a heroine who likes to be unconventional and live her life not according to the rules that society dictates, but to her own rules. And a dominant hero who seems to have a penchant for BDSM, but we never quite get to witness its full force. And ...more
J
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first novel I have read by Lavinia Kent. Being the fifth book in the series I did feel a little confusion, I know there was back story I was missing, but I was able to get by fairly well. (Although I really want to read the previous books now to see what I missed.)

I used to read mostly historicals. Now it seems I read mostly contemporary books so it was really nice to slip back into that time period. This book certainly wasn't like the historicals I have read previously. It was very.
Amanda Richardson
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lavinia Kent’s Bound and Determined series is one of the best current series being written. “Tangled in Sin” is the latest offering in the series and is a fantastic read. Lavinia Kent’s books are pretty much a guaranteed five-star read.

Cynthia known as “Sin” is shocked to find out her friend is now a brothel owner and a mother. Sin continues to visit Jasmine and her new daughter even though it could compromise her reputation.

Jasmine’s brother James is furious that his sister is running a brothe
Valerie Lynne
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This week’s book review is not for the bashful. It’s for the reader who flirts with what some consider to be taboo. TANGLED IN SIN is the fifth installment in the Bound and Determined series written by Lavinia Kent. Sizzling with sexual vice and erotic intrigue this page turner nearly scorches its pages.

Mistaken as the newest owner of a well-known London brothel, Cynthia Westhope, “Sin” is abducted from her walk home during a horrible rain storm. Left to fend for herself in a remote cabin, she w
Marichus Real
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lady Cynthia misses her best friend and following the rumors, she arrives at the most famous brothel in the city where jasmine is supposed to be. After the visit, she is kidnapped and left alone in a small cabin during a terrible downpour.
James can’t believe the rumors about his sister and when he checks by himself that they are true, he decides to kidnap her sister to make her reconsider her decision. The only problem is that the woman in the cabin is not her sister and due to the heavy downpou
Sportochick
Author Lavinia Kent continues her Bound and Determined series with this uncommon erotica full of rich characters and extremely hot love scenes.

Primary female character Lady Cynthia Westhope is a virgin and the authors portrayal of her introduction into forbidden desires is not only believable but very hot reading. She's demure with a feisty edge and I loved how she blossomed after her first experience. It is refreshing how she evolves in this story as she becomes more powerful in her thinking a
Rebecca M Teem
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Utterly charming...

I find the entire Bound and Determined series addictive and charming.
Tangled in Sin is so captivatingly fun and sexy, I cheated every moment between Sin and James.
They are so absorbed in each other in a totally believable way through the childhood friendship. One cheers particularly James revelations.
I eagerly anticipate learning much more of Scarlet's secrets, meeting Langdon and discovering what his story is and ultimately Jasmine's secrets and her happy ending!

Shelagh
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tangled in Sin is a delightful exercise in sensuous, sultry and seductive wrapped up in a historical bow. This book is almost wall to wall sex but it is so well written that it flows and draws the reader along to the point where of course we believe Cynthia and James truly love each other. The only down side for me was a number of character name mix-ups early on in which Cynthia was referred to as Jasmine. Minor detail. Good book, best I've read of the Bound and Determined series and I'm looking ...more
Amanda
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first by Lavinia Kent and I was pleasantly surprised. I have to say I loveddd both the main characters! I loved the Cynthia was a curious but strong woman! She knew what she wanted and would not settle without knowing she would have it! James was a lovable disaster! I also loved Jazmine and want to know more about her back story.
The book was steamy but did not over shadow the book. I will be reading the books that came before this one and looking forward to new releases in the serie
Heather andrews
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

James likes to make sure his woman is kept safe, “I trust you completely.” And strangely he did. “Although next time I’ll make sure to lock you in at night. You seem to be lacking in common sense. First, you ride across the country by yourself and then through London in the wee hours of the night and then, second, you go wandering about a w*****ouse unaccompanied. It is no wonder that you found trouble.” James sometimes just has to be blunt, “I want to eff you, and eff you hard.” I really loved
Christine Woinich
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-book
This is the latest installment in the series, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the connection of the brothel for these stories. Cynthia's desire to help a friend pulled me in. She was willing to do what she could and ended up in trouble. Her childhood crush, James, tries to do the right thing but Cynthia is not willing to accept that offer. Her want for love as a basis for a relationship is strong. The attraction between them led to push and pulls, and I loved the journey.

I received a copy of
May 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star-review
I received an ARC from Netgalley in an exchange for a honest review.
This book seemed to go in circles with no clear direction which is so unlike this author. It was so stagnant with no depth of feelings between James and Cynthia (Sin). At one point Sin recalled the entire story to her friend Jasmine. It was actually a cliff note version of the previous 70% of the book. I kept waiting for 'something' to turn the tide but that 'something' never materialized.
Pamela Fernandes
May 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sin is actually the nickname of Cynthia. Once you know that you kinda get the story. I was quite surprised, because when this book opens it starts with Jasmine and the story is really about Jasmine's brother and James. I liked the women, portrayed as smart, thinking women. But the men can be a tad overzealous when it comes to physical matters. James hires goons to kidnap his sister, but they abduct the wrong woman and that's where the story unfolds.
K
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great story. I was interested to see how things would go when Ruby turned the brothel over to her half-sister. This story focuses on her friend Sin and her brother James. James is upset that Jasmine runs a brothel and will do anything to get her out. I loved how Sin didn’t just give in to James but made him work and tell her his feelings before she agreed to marry him. I am interested to see how the rest of the series plays out.
Astoria
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked Sina lot, she was smart and wanted to have a choice in her future. It was James that I wish I had liked more. I am sucker for historical romance, and if the main characters are falling in love after knowing each other from childhood? I like it even more (hence my love and devotion for Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn). But while I liked James enough, it was never to the point of swooning. I did enjoy the ending, it was very promising and if anyone can improve James, that is Sin.
Kim
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been so excited about this series. Each story gets better and better. I love how Sin and James come together and we see from beginning how this good girl goes bad at the hands of a rogue! So much fun, so much hotness and you even have some intrigue thrown in for good measure.
Elena
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one can be read as a Standalone... ( I did that) and you can understand pretty much everything.
From this point I'm guessing there are books to come because I really need to know What happened to Jasmine and whose baby she had.
Dori Knows Books
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4
First book I've read by this author and it was amazing. I'll admit it's even a quick but amazing love story.
Sally Hannoush
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very seductive Historical Romance. Lots of passion and feelings. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and seeing a prior book feel.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I live in Washington, DC with my husband, kids, two cats and a changing menagerie of other small beasts.

I worked in both the arts and in the business world before giving into my love of story telling after the birth of my oldest -- although it wasn't until after the birth of my youngest when I suddenly had full-time childcare that it all came together for me.

I love discussing books -- almost any b
More about Lavinia Kent

Bound and Determined (6 books)
  • Mastering The Marquess (Bound and Determined, #1)
  • Bound by Bliss (Bound and Determined, #2)
  • Sarah's Surrender (Bound and Determined, #2.5)
  • Ravishing Ruby (Bound and Determined, #3)
  • Angel in Scarlet (Bound and Determined, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)