Start by marking “The Art of French Kissing” as Want to Read:
The Art of French Kissing

Kristin Harmel

The Art of French Kissing

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  1,748 Ratings  ·  189 Reviews
A tr�s chic tale of Paris, paparazzi and the pursuit of the perfect kiss.

Unsupportive and self-obsessed, Victor dumps Emma when she lands her dream job with a record company in Paris. Luckily there's beaucoup in Paris to distact Emma from her broken heart. First up there's her new job, trying to keep a crazy French rock star out of trouble and in the journalist's good book
Published November 15th 2007 by Little Black Dress

To ask other readers questions about The Art of French Kissing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of French Kissing

Mary Herring
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect beach read! A sweet little romance written 10 years ago by one of my favorite authors! Completely different from her historical fiction, but very enjoyable!
Stacey
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect February read. Champagne, Paris, and romance. It was a quick and fun read. Emma is planning her wedding when she discovers her fiance, Brett, has cheated on her and wants to call everything off. While talking to her friend in Paris about her situation, she decides to visit. Exploring Paris and landing a new job as a publicist for an up and coming rock star is just what Emma needs to reinvent herself. Chaos and romance ensue. Chick lit at its best.
Dayreader Reviews
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emma is a determined girl who knows what she wants out of life. She has to constantly start over but she never lets that get her down. She is a strong female character and no matter what she goes through she always finds a way to make it work!

Emma had her life all planned out. She had a great job, the man of her dreams, and a wedding to plan! That all came to a halt when her fiancé Brett not only broke off their engagement but forced her to move out of their house and on top of that she was fire
Barb
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
okay, up front, i realized that it couldn't have been fine literature by a) it's ridiculous title and b) it was in the bargain bin at B&N. But, did it have to have ever chick "lit" cliche in it? (WARNING -- MAJOR SPOILER ALERT)Girl is needy, girl gets dumped by fiance, girl gets fired for no fault of her own, family not supportive, friends are worthless. Girl goes to Paris. Girl meets handsome man but is afraid to show her feelings. Girl gets fired for no fault of her own (again), girl goes ...more
Donnae
Aug 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit-paris
The beautiful part of being a librarian is that I walk by the shelves full of new books every morning! However I must admit that I picked up this book several times before finally checking it out. The blurb on the back did not appeal to me. Fortunately I did finally take it home and greatly enjoyed reading it.

Emma's wedding has just fallen apart, she has lost her job and now the only place she has to live is with a very judgemental sister. Fortunately, just as she is ready for a means to escape,
Annalynn
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now, this book I liked. I can't help but compare it to my most recent other read, 'From Notting Hill, with Love Actually' since both books involve a heroine leaving their home and fiance behind and moving somewhere to start anew, where of course they find a really great, handsome, local guy they at first clash with and then fall in love with. But in this book, our heroine's relationship with the loser fiance is broken and she moves to Paris with a clean slate - which is SUCH a better premise tha ...more
Geli
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, own-it, france
This book was amazing!!! Kristin Harmel is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her writing is just so exciting and real. Although I found myself guessing exactly what was to come it was still completely enjoyable for me to read. After reading this book I SO want to visit Paris!

And if you have already read 'How to Sleep with a Movie Star' then you'll really enjoy this book as well. She even briefly mentions a few of the characters from that novel in this one, which I found completely hil
Fatema Al Fardan
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was first introduced to this book by the last pages of another book. I first thought the title was "inappropriate" then I read the description and it wasn't so bad. So, I downloaded the free sample on my ibookstore -like i always do with almost every book- and i read the first chapter which was not so bad. It was interesting.
The book is totally a chic flick. I enjoyed reading it, since I do enjoy watching chick flick movies, most of the times.
I found Poppy's theories kinda ironic since she du
Kristigpaul
Apr 15, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a stinker--how does one say formulaic and pointless in French? I picked this up for 50 cents at the library book sale and am actually wondering if they'd give me a refund...I bought this because I am going to Paris in July so I thought it would be interesting and in that regard it gave some mildly helpful tdbits about life in Paris but otherwise it was a complete waste of time. I'd rather be watching ROCK OF LOVE (and I HATE reality TV)!!!
Megan
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in practically one sitting. It was pure fluff but it was enjoyable. I knew what was going to happen pretty early on in the book but I loved the descriptions of life in Paris and a really liked the protagonist so it was all good.
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drivel! I'm at the beach and needed some drivel. This fully fit the bill. I read it in one day.
Scwong0
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
4.0*
John Clark
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can a job in Paris fix heartbreak in Orlando? Emma Sullivan might soon find out. Jilted and kicked out of the house they bought together (but the mortgage was in his name only), she's without family, save for an incredibly annoying and self-righteous sister when her best friend from years ago calls with a life saving offer. Come work with me in Paris for five weeks.
Who wouldn't jump at such a chance? However, the task facing her is riding herd on Guillaume, a sexy and very popular star about to
Maureen
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emma finds herself in a new life entirely with a new job,new country along with an eccentric rock star to keep track of! Lots of “misunderstandings” for Emma to keep her on her toes with the up and coming French-American Rock Star in the making. Beautifully all set in the city of lights which the author keeps the scenes very vivid throughout!
GZN
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parisle ilgili güzel ipuçları veren sabun köpüğü bir kitap. Dili oldukça akıcı, ne olacağını az çok tahmin etseniz de kendini sonuna kadar merakla okutmayı başarıyor. Filmi çekilse etkileyici bir romantik komedi olabilir.
Julia
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007-releases

Book was really cute. I figured out the plot twist pretty early on, but regardless I enjoyed reading it. Definitely would recommend if you're looking for something light and ultimately happy.
Debie Orrell
This book was recommended and is the reason I do t read romance books. The redemption of this book is the detail of the French sights and the restaurant descriptions. I would like to go and just try the places listed and eat at the restaurants Emma did.
Grace Ruman
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was very good. The storyline was amazing to me. I've never read a book like this at all before so I enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't necessarily like was the way that Kristin Harmel wrote some things in the book. Overall, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
kathi
Nov 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't read the book....couldn't get into it...
সায়কা শাহরিন
I liked it, but if she din't use repetitive phrases I could have given her a 4.5 rating, (i don't know how to do it however! :P )
Sheila DelCharco
A very light read but sometimes that’s just what you need, right? I enjoyed the tour of Paris!
Diana Graham
Good story, but all the sentences that didn't make sense and the incomplete short sentences were hard to deal with. "I was. Like. So mad at you." UGH.
Tholkea
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
cheesy but a fun quick read.
Page
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fun read!
Kristen
A solid 3.5! A nice predictable, lighthearted chick lit book that honestly just made me smile and feel good the whole way through. It wasn’t a complex read and was mostly fluff but Paris is one of my favorite cities so it was wonderful to relive the famous landmarks along with the quirky predictable love story. I’m not sure I’d read it again but I would happily read other works by Kristin Harmel. A perfect 3.5 stars if that was an option!
Kristin
I have to justify my 5 stars with a review because this is the first 5-star book of the 29 books I've read this year. It's not the best book I've read this year (that distinction probably has to go to Suite Française as of now), but I tend to rate things based on other things of the genre, and this is just one of the best chick lit books I've ever read. I absolutely loved it.

Sure, it starts the same as any other chick lit. Emma, a perfectly acceptable girl who works in PR gets suddenly dumped by
Heidi Åsheim
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story with a troublesome artist!
Christiner_Reader
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best kind of chick lit: A quick & entertaining read; a beautiful setting, and a woman who can stand on her own two feet. Fun, sweet, and left me itching to return to Paris.

(Debated between 3 & 4 stars. While I won't re-read, I found this wholly enjoyable & a wonderful escape from reality. 4 it is!)
Jay
Oct 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, hard-copy
Emma Sullivan thinks her life is, if not perfect, certainly headed that way. She has a great job doing public relations for a music company, and she’s engaged to the perfect man. However, on the night of their one-year anniversary of moving in together, Emma’s fiancé dumps her. To add insult to injury, he also asks her to move out of the house they bought together. And, to top it all off, Emma finds out that he’s been sleeping with her best friend! Just when Emma thought things couldn’t get any ...more
Canan  ^^
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wid
Fransız öpücüğünü ciddi anlamda merak ettiren bir kitap ne diyeyim ^^)
Ama şunu öğrendim ki Fransız-Amerikan öpücüğü daha iyiymiş(valla en azından yazarın fikri bu yöndeydi)
neyse..
Emma zavallım, evlilik hazırlıkları,düğün hayalleri derken, aksilikler zinciri midir anlamadım,
önce nişanlısını, ardından işini ve arkadaşlarını kaybetmiştir.Ah buna artı olarak evindende olduğunu eklemeliyim.
Kızımız kaldı mı ortada...
Derken Fransa'dan bir ışık doğar kızımızın yüzüne..Poppy...Emma'nın eski bir arkadaşı
  • Pick Me Up
  • Testing Kate
  • The Nine Month Plan
  • Sunnyside Blues
  • A Hollywood Ending
  • All or Nothing (The Coxwells, #4)
  • The Not-So-Perfect Man
  • She Woke Up Married
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • Not Quite A Mom
Kristin Harmel is the international bestselling author of THE SWEETNESS OF FORGETTING, THE LIFE INTENDED, WHEN WE MEET AGAIN, and several other novels. Her latest, THE ROOM ON RUE AMELIE, is out now from Gallery Books/Simon & Schuster. A former reporter for PEOPLE magazine, Kristin has also freelanced for many other publications, including American Baby, Men’s Health, Glamour, Woman’s Day, Tra ...more