Start by marking “Adorkable” as Want to Read:

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  8,028 ratings  ·  1,018 reviews
Adorkable (ah-dor-kuh-bul): Descriptive term meaning to be equal parts dorky and adorable. For reference, see Sally Spitz. Seventeen-year-old Sally Spitz is done with dating. Or at least, she's done with the horrible blind dates/hookups/sneak attacks her matchmaking bestie, Hooker, sets her up on. There's only so much one geek girl and Gryffindor supporter can take. Her so ...more
Published September 20th 2016 by Cookie O'Gorman (first published March 31st 2016)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Dec 03, 2019
    Enter to win a print copy of Cookie O'Gorman's highly anticipated Young Adult romance, ADORKABLE!

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 2515 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 01 - Nov 30, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Adorkable, please sign up.
    Nothesc Hey! I don't think there's a sequel but about the book recommendations you were asking for: "Better-off friends" by Elizabeth Eulberg is a book about…moreHey! I don't think there's a sequel but about the book recommendations you were asking for: "Better-off friends" by Elizabeth Eulberg is a book about best friends who fall in love. Also of course "Eleanor &Park" by Rainbow Rowell. There's also "She's one of the boys" by E.M. Molleja in this book the girl falls in love with her two best friends and she has to choose between them.
    And if you like the "fake relationship" books you should read "For Real" by Chelsea M Cameron and the "Fill-in boyfriend" by Kasie West
    I hope you like them! I love these kind of books too and I'm always looking for more :)(less)
    This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
    imashamedofmyoldreviews I don't think so. I think they'll come to the understanding that it was real for both of them anyways and that their family will be aghast and angry…moreI don't think so. I think they'll come to the understanding that it was real for both of them anyways and that their family will be aghast and angry if they told.(less)

·  8,028 ratings  ·  1,018 reviews

Start your review of Adorkable
    Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
    “But why? I don’t get it.”
    “You don’t have to.”
    “But Becks,” she whined, “I don’t understand. Why her?”
    “Nothing to understand really,” he said, smiling down at me. “Sal’s my girl. Always has been.”

Adorkable is one of those books that just LOOKS like it’s going to be, well, adorable. Yet, every time I saw it and what people were saying about it, I thought it was going to be cheesy as hell. So, for as long as this has been out, I have passed it up and never marked it on my TBR. Stupid, really, considering all I’m ever l
    Jill
    Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"She is my friend.
    Her name is Sal.
    I hope one day she'll be my gal."

- Becks, aged 7

Sally Spitz is in love with her best friend, Becks. Tired of having her other friend, Hooker and her mother trying to arrange dates for her, Sal decides she needs a FBF....a fake boyfriend. And who better to play her FBF than her BFF, Becks?

Sure, there are some cons to this story, particularly in regards to Sal's friend, Hooker and her mother who are both annoying! And, for crying out loud, Sal's only 1/>-
    ambsreads
    For half an hour I've been attempting to write a full review for Adorkable, which is usually how long it takes me to write a review. Due to this, I have forfieted any formating ideas and am just going to babble, so, this is a forewarning.

Adorkable has to be one of the cutest books I've read of 2016. I got some crazy Kasie West vibes throughout the story, but what more can you expect from an author named Cookie? The book was an adorable contemporary that is all about childhood best friend's being in love, but with a whole lot
    Chelsey Ellice
    This book is going into my favourite shelf. This book is exactly how I wanted to meet my husband, be best friends first then blossom into more.... it hasn't happened. I really felt Sal's heart ache but just wanted her to tell Becks how she felt. It all worked out in the end and loved how he proved to Sal that he really did love her. People need to read this book
    Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)

Let's start by stating the obvious fact that I READ THIS BOOK SO FREAKING QUICK AND I FREAKING REGRET IT. I have no one to blame, but myself so, shame on me. Lately, I've been reading books that are focused on heavy plots that involve a lot of thinking so, I was like " I NEED SOME LIGHT-READS NOW!!" and DING DING DING! I found this book.

Adorkable, is told by Sally Spitz (Yeah, you'll get used to it) who is our main female character. Her friend, Lillian Hooker, is a matchmaker in the process w
    A_Ryan
    5+++++++ TOTALLY AWESOME HUCKLEBERRY STARS!!!!!!!!

ADORABLE. FUNNY. SWEET. ROMANTIC. PAGE-TURNING. FANTASTIC. LOVED EVERY MINUTE.

ONE OF THE VERY BEST NA ROMANCE I'VE READ THIS YEAR!

To be honest, there is a plethora of 5 star reviews about this sweet little gem about two best friends who fall in love. And I agree with all of them so I won't repeat anything here.

Suffice it to say, I LOOOVED ADORKABLE.

6 Blew me away stars!!!
    Scrill
    Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    “He was my Huckleberry, my Han Solo, my one, but most of all he was my Becks and I was his Sal.”

Sally Spitz hasn’t ever had a boyfriend, and her good friend Hooker is bent on playing matchmaker by setting her up repeatedly on blind dates – that go pretty bad. In an attempt to dodge more awkward moments with boys she’s not into Sal adopts the plan to use a fake boyfriend as her get-out-of-blind-date card. Fortunately, her best friend Becks would do anything for her. Unfortunately, she has been in lo
    Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
    ***4.5/5 Stars***

Adorkable was filled with laughter, butterfly and smile inducing moments, and I couldn't get enough of it! The characters quickly found a place in my heart, and the story-line was so cute! It involved the fake boyfriend trope, and it was done in a way that made it feel fresh and fun. So this addicting book easily made its way onto my favorites shelf!
    I was so tired of surprises. If I had to meet one more blind date, I would literally go insane.

Just a heads up, nicknames can rub me the wrong way. But theseshelf!
    Stars***
    Jacqueline's Reads
    Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: ya
    3 Adorkable Stars

I picked up this book because it seemed like a sweet YA read and that’s what I got. I really liked the premise and I love the sweet innocent high school setting.

Sally is a single girl and she has been this way her whole life. Her best friend and mom thinks it’s time for Sally to not be single anymore so they set her up with lots of random dates.

I thought Sally to be a sweet, charming and a very nerdy girl. She makes a lot of Harry Potter and Star Wars
    may ❀

You know the feeling when you’ve had enough of heartbreaking dystopian/fantasy books and you seriously just need a cute contemporary to serve as the perfect pick-me-up, well that is this book.

Adorkable is about Sally Sue Spitz and her eternal struggle of warding off blind-dates (set up from her lovely-but-kinda-annoying besties, Lilian). Lillian believes she is destined to be a matchmaker and Sally’s mom is a wedding planner, so things are not looking bright for Sally. The problem isn’t just
    Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
    LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH. Typical pretend-dating book, but the way it's executed and the characters's personalities is what really makes it stand out. SO ADORKABLE. I WANT MY OWN BECKS, PLEASE! ❤❤❤❤

Review on The Reader and the Chef!

Gosh, a few days before I read this book I was really wishing for a contemporary book that would give me all the feels, that would make me fall in love, laugh out loud, grin like a fool, and after reaching the end, wish to read it all over again.

ADORKA
    Didi
    Really cute friends to lovers! YA friends to lovers always comes off sweeter than adult ones...maybe the innocence and naïveté of the world is still there? The only issues I had was with how Sal and Becks kept their feelings from each other, and Sal's bestie. I related with Sal because I went through the same thing in high school...the difference being, my friend knew, he totally knew. You can't hide strong feelings like that for long.
    So my issue is, 'how did you guys manage to stay so obl
    Mairenn
    True to it's title, this book is the dorkiest and most adorable cliche of all cliches. PERFECT. And since I love good cliche contemporaries, it's no wonder this book was shelved to my All-Time-Favorites.

It's your typical bestfriends-turned-lovers story and it's quite predictable too! As I said very cliche but it's one of those feel-good books that will leave you smiling after you've reached the last page. Heck! I became a giggling mush all throughout my read! IT WAS THAT ADORABLE! If this is a movie, I would surely watc
    Lili  (@lilikmarcus) Marcus
    I am your Huckleberry.

Woah....That is so sweet. What fun, fluffy, snuggle-worthy read. :) I love Sally and Becks so much, though at first, i wanted to smack Becks for being too slow. because it's very obvious he's in love with Sally, why not just man up, y'know?

Anyway, I love him still...
    Also I kinda hated Hooker, she's being too much. Like really too much. And personally, my favorite is Ash, he made the story more alive, funnier and better. I would want him a story of his own.
    peachygirl
    May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: read-in-2018
    As the title suggests, Sal is dorky and Becks is adorable and they make the best (fake) couple of the century!

"Her name is Sal. I hope one day she’ll be my gal"

Penning down pretty poems for his bestfriend since 7, Baldwin Eugene Charles Kent aka Becks is crazy about sal and just as clueless as she is! (which does get annoying at times)
    And there's Sally Sue Spitz, certified dork who quotes movies fluently and talks all the stuff 'that matters' in German, has been in love with he/>
    Rose
    May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    my heart is melting

i repeat my heart is melting

ohmyogdhavhj it has been WAY too long since a book has made me feel like i have butterflies in my stomach. I mean, seriously, this book was absolutely adorable. I did expect cute, but I was not expecting that tension between Becks and Sal??? Plus so much kissing and holding each other and jdndbdk im a mess a mess.

anyway full review is coming~
    Michelle_Mck
    Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I'm not sure how I discovered Adorkable, I am guessing that it came up as a "you added this to your shelf you might like this" or something like that. I found it on special in the Kindle store so I popped it into my cart.. Can I just say, the $1.99 specials can end up being an expensive little look in the store when you buy 20.. But I digress.

Our main character and narrator is 17 year old Sally Spitz, she is a spunky, alternative pop culture kind of girl. She loves Harry Potter and o
    Vanessa
    1.5 stars // warning: lots of sarcasm and annoyed-me in this review

I picked Adorkable up because I enjoy the fake boyfriend trope quite a lot: it's somehow cute and so full of angst ??? I love it. It can be a bit of a cliché but, if well played, it can be entertaining to read. For example, I loved how it played out in To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. So, I was expecting the fluffiness and the angst but they didn't come and you can understand my delusion.
    Sally is the main character of th
    Yoda
    This is a really adorable, easy novel. Perfect for summer and when youre tired of reading. ...more
    bookaholic_kim
    First and foremost, let me express how I really like this book’s title. “Adorkable” it is very cute and captivating isn’t it? So yeah, the title got me to read this.

I posted a review here in goodreads when I saw this book on the “Readers also Enjoyed” section of goodreads. I am glad I checked it because if not? Then I won’t be able to know that this adorable book exists.

The characters in this book are lovable. I swear! We have Sally Spitz, a senior student who never had a boyfriend and it w
    Rê
    4.5 “Fantastic BFF to Lovers” STARS

ADORKABLE is adorable (cheesy, I know), but I’m writing this review the morning after staying up until 1 a.m. because I could not, simply COULD NOT stop reading. Yep, I devoured all the pretty words and I did it with a smile. A big smile. Trust me, this book is that good.

You know how sometimes you just read one paragraph and you know you’ll fall hard for the rest of the story? That’s what happened here. Cookie O'Gorman’s (love the name,
    Crina (Reading Addict)
    If you just take a second and think this book is not original, because this idea has been written and used ten thousands times already. But what makes this book original are the writing style, the characters and how the plot remains kind of realistic and credible even though all those cliches are floating around.

After I finished the novel I felt very happy and fuzzy inside, because it's so full of cute moments, funny moments, moments that make you breathe harder or faster, because th
    Ninjaflower
    Since I finished this stupid ass book at 5am and spent my day tired and annoyed I decided this deserves a proper review.

This is a cliché story about a dorky nerd called Sally (She's actually really pretty but sssssh) and her best friend Baldwin Eugene Charles Kent, otherwise known as Becks. Becks is a popular soccer player of their high school with plenty of girls at his side (view spoiler)
    Brittany
    This was such a cute, nerdy read. I loved all the fandom references and Sally's quirky personality. There were some typos and errors that annoyed me, but overall an entertaining read.
    Liz
    Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: romance, ya, contemporary
    Adorkable is a story of boyfriendless geeky Sally Spitz. Her mother and best friend Lillian Hooker set Sally up on dates because she’s a senior and is still single. Gasps and horrified faces all around! In wedding-planner-Mom’s and matchmaker-Hooker’s books not having a BF is like sacrilege or something. I get it, it can seem like a matter of life and death to have someone to hold hands with because being single is so bloody weird and single people are weird and there has to be something wrong w ...more
    Ashley
    Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    Adorkable had a lot of potential.

Nerdiness
    Cute idea
    Cute romance

But there were a few big problems I couldn't get over.

Sally could be annoyingly self deprecating. Like, "Oh he'd never love me." Well why the hell not?

Hooker and Sally's mom were INFURIATING. Even with the explanations provided, I still couldn't understand why they were CONSTANTLY setting Sally up on dates. It was just blatantly rude. Examples (paraphrased):

Hooker: "
    Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
    *ARC kindly provided by author for review*

Will always be a sucker for best friends turned to lovers’ type of stories. It just never gets old for me. In fact, it still makes me giddy every time I read one and Adorkable did make me feel all giddy and girly and just purely happy.

Beck and Sal’s story makes me want to turn back time when I was seventeen; The time when Adulting seems so far away and the things that really matters are exams, projects, assignments and social life.
    Ari
    Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    It really was just okay.

It has the makings of the type of book that I would love (Kasie West's On the Fence is an example of this), but...it was just a bit awkward.

The way that they spoke, and acted, was just a bit off and almost...overacting at times. And I cannot stand it when two people make the most ridiculous of excuses to not just tell each other they have feelings for one another. Why? Because they're scared? Ugh. It's been used to death as a way to keep the plot going.
    diana
    Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc, sent-by-author
    Rating: 4.2 of 5 stars

This book! This book!! This. Book.

Gah. I don't even know where to start.

I knew there's a reason why I love YA contemporaries and this book is IT.

I don't think I've ever read a book sweeter and cuter than Adorkable. This book hit me right in the feels and I never wanted it to end. I was laughing, smiling and swooning right along with the characters. Becks and Sally frustrated me quite a few times but made me fall in love with t
    Poulami
    Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book from YA Bound Book Tours for this tour in exchange for an honest review.*

Okay… this book was adorably cute! Confession: I’ve always wanted to read a book named Adorkable and when I saw this and read the blurb, I couldn’t pass it up. Also it had one of my favourite romantic tropes- best friends to lovers. This book didn’t disappoint and I loved each and every moment of it.

Sally is a dork, she doesn’t have a boyfri/>*I

• Double Black (Stark Springs Academy, #2)
    • The Libby Garrett Intervention (Science Squad, #2)
    • Crushed
    • The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)
    • The Trouble With Dating Sue (Grover Beach Team, #6)
    • Accidental Cinderella (Accidental, #6)
    • Beyond (Betwixt Novella #1.5)
    • Resisting the Rebel
    • I'll Be Yours
    • How to Seduce a Band Geek (How To #2)
    • The Perks of Dating You (Perks Book 1)
    • American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)
    • See No Evil (Brotherhood, #1)
    • The Color of Grace
    • Just a Little Sincerity (Just a Little, #3)
    • Running Barefoot
    • Lunatic Revenge (Lunatic Life, #3)
    • Keeping Up Appearances
    Cookie O'Gorman writes YA romance to give readers a taste of happily-ever-after. Small towns, quirky characters, and the awkward yet beautiful moments in life make up her books. Cookie also has a soft spot for nerds and ninjas. Her novels ADORKABLE, NINJA GIRL and THE UNBELIEVABLE, INCONCEIVABLE, UNFORESEEABLE TRUTH ABOUT ETHAN WILDER are out now! Her next book, The Good Girl's Guide to Being Bad, wil ...more
    “There’s only one thing I know— have always known— that I wanted out of life. And it’s you.” 17 likes
    “He was my Huckleberry, my Han Solo, my one, but most of all he was my Becks and I was his Sal. That was the truth. It” 10 likes