Start by marking “Acorns to Wheat (Chasseen Family Saga)” as Want to Read:
Acorns to Wheat (Chasseen Family Saga)

Acorns to Wheat (Chasseen Family Saga)

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Alternate Cover Edition for
ISBN 0692771891

Acorns to Wheat is the story of fictional lives in the real world of 4000BC. It tells of the adventure of a newly mated couple forced to find a new life. The couple has two sons, but the brothers split and clash as they struggle with their father's decision to change from hunter-gatherer to farmer.
These were the first farmers. Rea
Published October 1st 2016 by Allmanworks

Sharon
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carefully researched and vividly imagined tale of life in 4000 b.c. Although the lifestyle and environment is very different from ours, many of the family dramas, love triangles, and sibling rivalries are the same.
Angie Gallion
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been carrying this book around for months waiting for the right moment to get into it. I found that time last week. I preface this review by stating that I love history and really enjoy books that transport the reader to a different era. I loved Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. I devoured the Clan of the Cave Bear series back in the day, and enjoyed the simplicity of the storytelling. I was pretty sure I would enjoy this book, as I came into it, knowing already some ...more
Beverly Garner
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am not usually a big fan of historical type books, but I was totally captivated by this story of the Chassen family. Though it is fiction, it was well researched and it provides a bird's eye view of what living during that period of time might have been like. How farming began never crossed my mind, but it was brought to life in this story as well as the realization that families in 4000BC are not that different from families today. Fascinating and intriguing...I can't wait for the sequel!!!!
Debbie
Holly
Cathie Ward
Jennifer Bradshaw
David's BLOG is at http://www.AcornsToWheat.com/blogme.html
David started his book after he read a newspaper headline about the last volcanic eruption in France in 4040BC. His first thought was, how do they know the year? Months past and other questions rumbled through his mind. Could someone have witnessed that eruption? A little internet investigating confirmed it. The next question, who, took fi