Start by marking “Dune, Dock, and a Dead Man (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Dune, Dock, and a Dead Man (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #2)

Dune, Dock, and a Dead Man

(Ravenwood Cove Cozy Mystery #2)

This is the Original Cover Edition for ASIN B01LZ5X8QJ

Amanda Graham should be happy with her newly-inherited historic inn, a fat cat named Oscar, and living in a small Oregon beach town, but a terrible discovery between the dunes on the coast and she’s right back in the soup, trying to solve a murder and save her friend!
Sure, maybe he was such a rotten person he deserve
Kindle Edition, Original Cover Edition for ASIN B01LZ5X8QJ, 143 pages
Published October 16th 2016 by Freeform Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dune, Dock, and a Dead Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dune, Dock, and a Dead Man

James
3 1/2 stars to Carolyn L. Dean's Dune, Dock, and a Dead Man, the second book in her "Ravenwood Cove" cozy mystery series. While I found the first book a little better, this one was also good and helps bring more structure and appeal to the series. I like the main character and she's starting to settle into Ravenwood Cove with ease, driving change in all the areas that were needed in the tourism-starved town.

Story
Amanda Graham has started making friends in Ravenwood Cove, and this time, she fin
Jaclyn
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
This one was much less realistic than the first one. I know this is kind of typical for cozies, but this one was so unrealistic that I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Overall it was just ok for me.
Evan
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This Trump crap is still out of control so yeah I read the second book in this series. Again it was fine, got to me to relax a little which was the point.
Hastings75
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Second book in the series and took me a year to come back to this series.

Not sure why as loved the first book and this one was almost as good.

Great characters and a good whodunnit, made more fun by the fact that many of the suspects are characters you are getting to know well. Could one of them be the murderer??

Bring on Book 3!!!!
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bad-cozies
Kindle Unlimited, too simplistic in places, too unbelievable in others, too convoluted and/or wordy and/or unnecessary in others.

A Ravenwood Cove Mystery series
1 BED, BREAKFAST, and BONES - 2 DUNE, DOCK, and a DEAD MAN - 3 MISTLETOE, MOONLIGHT, and MURDER - 4 SEA, SKY, and SKELETON - 5 TIME, TIDE, and TROUBLE {out soon}
Gabi Eagon
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great mystery

A small town in Oregon on the ocean is a perfect place for mystery and suspense. James and Amanda are slowly falling in love while trying to solve two problems in Ravenswood. One is a murder that is perplexing.
Teresa M Johnson
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice escape to the PNW

Thanks for taking us to Ravenwood Cove. I enjoyed the book and the mini vacation I am taking with your books during my break.
Keep on writing
D. Starr
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Middle school to adult
Rating PG -
Children wouldn't be interested.
No sex but references to one character suspected of rape.
Only one incidence, I think, of strong language.
Good presentations of characters needing to choose between what's morally or ethically right and wanting to spare another's feelings or avoid an uncomfortable confrontation.

The story loses one star because the first chapter rehashes, in a rather confusing way, too much of book #1 in the series, which I hadn't read. Throughout the story, references
Melissa Hartfiel
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This is the second book in the Ravenwood Cove Cozy Mystery series and I have to confess I've enjoyed the first two books much more than I expected to! Carolyn L. Dean's writing style is warm and inviting and the portrait of a small, coastal Oregon town full of charming and quirky characters makes this book and the first in the series charming with or without a mystery to be solved. I started the Joanne Fluke series a few months ago on the recommendation of many friends and have struggled to conn ...more
greentreelife
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first book in this series to some level, but unfortunately I was dissapointed by the second one.

1hr51m was way too short for me and I skimmed alot!
I doubt detectives would discuss cases so openly with civilians but I could have still looked past that.

(view spoiler)
Judy G Spivey
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mystery continues in Ravenwood Cove when Amanda discovers another body.

Your first time visiting Ravenwoid Cove or your second you will love discovering this small seaside town and it's sometimes eccentric characters. Amanda has her Bed and breakfast up and running and is developing deeper friendships with girlfriends, Lisa and Neg. Her friendship with local homicide Detective James, may or may not be developing into something more. A good, light, relaxing read.
Michael Wood
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun, Games and Murder in a Small Oregon Town

Carolyn L. Dean really enjoys writing these enjoyable mysteries: her enjoyment shows clearly through this book, and readers will surely enjoy the story with her. This is definitely not a fast-paced adventure featuring ancient relics. The story is a small town who-dun-it, slowly meandering through both town and a small group of very memorable characters.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Gail Mathers
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ravenswood Cove

Great book. Carries on nicely from book one. Really good story. Great characters and you just love e to hate the bad guy. A fun read and I never saw the bad guy I had no idea who done it. Was lots of fun to read and one day I might have to try the recipes they looked good. I really love this series nice stories and wonderful characters and keeps you in suspense until it clicks for Amanda and she explains it. Then you go duh! I highly recommend it.
Monica Geary
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really nice quick little mystery.

Quaint little town with quirky people and lots of mystery. I liked the book very much. I love that the characters and their relationships seem to develop slowly, but more with each book. That along with mystery and murder make for a great read.
Virginia Bast
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good

It was a great murder mystery. It was exciting, likeable characters. I felt bad for the man accused of the murder. You describe the characters so well that you want to meet them. Thank you for your writings. Stay well and I'm so happy that I found your books. You keep me we company.
Dianne
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this Series!

I just finished the 2nd book in this series. I love all the characters & look forward to learning more about them, as well as more mysteries in Ravenwood Cove. Can't wait to see where the romance between Amanda & James goes. Hoping for marriage! This book is a good, clean read!
Mikki
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
A quick, enjoyable read. Points lost for having the main character confront the killer while the cop stood behind her.... Guess I prefer the slightly more realistic approach of her presenting her theory to the cop and him taking it from there, but cozy mysteries take a lot of leeway, so not so surprising it was written this way...... I’ll read more in the series. I like the setting.
Kathy
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
The second book in the series is not as good as the first. Disappointing since I like the first one so much. I’ll still continue in the series hoping it gets better. This story just seemed disjointed. A chapter would end with something good and the next chapter was a day or two later with no explanation or continuation.
Ellen White
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meg you can't take a date to a funeral, with that you are curious to know who this Meg is. Amanda, tells her funerals are not fun. Though the friends Amanda has,speak other wise, the one who wears a festive hat to funerals. Inheritance of the Inn in Ravewood Cove brings new friends. Friend with James a detective, she learn even more. A delightful funny,mystery to sit back and enjoy
Rogers
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charming read

A lovely little read that makes you smile and hope that everything works out for the characters. The read us easy and might and will make you smile and so let you escape into a world that is less horrific than our own. This is one of my favourite cosy mystery writers.
Patti Wilson
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Small town cozy mystery with a touch of romance

This is one of those books that is fast paced and enjoyed in a comfortable chair while sipping on a cup of your favorite not beverage. It has a group of lovely characters and the storyline doesn't disappoint. Plus, any age would love it.
Bernadette Hutton
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy read

Loved this book. Did not realise it was one of a set until I had started reading, not that it stopped me. The book was an interesting take on small town life. Everyone loves in each other's lives. Friendships are made and tested, secrets will out and truth conquers all.
Barbara
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2nd in the series.

This book, the second in the series was enjoyable. Did not get bogged down but moved along at a good pace. The characters were developed well without loss of plot lines. Excellent read. Will refer the series to others.
Nancy Haddock
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Terrific 2nd book in the series

After reading the first book, I bought the rest of the series and dove into this one. Fine character development and plot twists - an excellent read!
Ninny HasAnInny
one of the better cozy mystery writers. Her main character can be quite judgemental at times, over very insignificant things, but overall, the dialogue is good, even if some of the scenarios are a bit far fetched.
Krystyna
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Friends, Festivals and Fatalities

A good solid read. The characters grow on you and the romance is developing nicely. Can she solve the mystery before her friend is arrested for? Will she have enough time to do so before the Festival? Not a terrific read but nevertheless a good one.
Anne Turnley
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Too many suspects

Amanda is settling into running her B & B and coordinating local merchants. The only problem is a guy stalking her friend. When Amanda discovers his dead body, she becomes involved in solving the crime.
Sue Winebrenner
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author writes a good tale with characters that spring to life

This her second book I've read in two weeks. Good for some airplane rides, airport layovers, and sitting inside while it is raining.
Linda Rainey
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Nice Cozy Mystery

I loved returning to Ravenwood Cove,a friendly small town Oregon.
Amanda is always involved in a mystery and she guarantees plenty of suspense.
The varied characters add to the enjoyment of the books.
I recommend this book to those who like cozy mysteries.
Beth
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the characters and will enjoy getting to know them better when I read more of Dean's books. Her description of her "new" hometown makes me ready for a visit. The murder and subsequent investigations seem to pale by comparison.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Murder at Redwood Cove
  • Sweet Hearts (Samantha Sweet #4)
  • The Sweetwater Trail
  • Murderous Muffins (Chubby Chicks Club, #2)
  • Playing With Poison (Cue Ball Mysteries, #1)
  • Room for Murder (Lighthouse Inn Mystery #4)
  • Phantom River (Columbia River #2)
  • Their Christmas Miracle (Charity, Montana #2)
  • The Skinnygirl Rules: For Getting and Staying Naturally Thin
  • Berried Alive (Manor House Mystery #6)
  • Tea with Jam and Dread (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #20)
  • In Name Only
  • Forest Fires
  • Dead Tide (Dead Tide #1)
  • The 12 Slays of Christmas
  • A Cry in the Night (High Country Heroes, #3)
  • The Undead Day Two
  • Saks & Violins (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #22)

Ravenwood Cove Cozy Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Bed, Breakfast & Bones (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #1)
  • Mistletoe, Moonlight, & Murder (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #3)
  • Sea, Sky, & Skeleton (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #4)
  • Time, Tide, & Trouble (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #5)
  • Sun, Sand, & Secrets (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #6)
  • Rocks, Roses, & Riptides (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #7)
  • Fruit, Flower & Flames (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #8)
  • Tea, Treats & Terror (Ravenwood Cove Mystery #9)
  • JAM, JELLIES, and JUST DESSERTS: A Ravenwood Cove Cozy Mystery
  • Pumpkin Pie and Poison: A Ravenwood Cove Cozy Mystery (book 11)
“Sorry, sweetie, but you’re starting to look like an ottoman,” she told the unrepentant cat.” 0 likes