Start by marking “St. Rita of Cascia: Saint of the Impossible” as Want to Read:
St. Rita of Cascia: Saint of the Impossible

St. Rita of Cascia: Saint of the Impossible

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
One of the most popular Saints in the Church for centuries, St. Rita is known as the \"Saint of the Impossible\" because of her amazing answers to prayers, as well as the remarkable events of her own life. Desirous of being a nun, she instead obeyed her parents and married. Her husband was cruel, and caused her much suffering, to which she responded with love and prayers a ...more
Published November 1st 1993 by TAN Books

To ask other readers questions about St. Rita of Cascia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about St. Rita of Cascia

Fr. Kyle
Jun 19, 2012 rated it liked it
It contains all the basic information in St. Rita's life but makes her out to be a sinless and holy separating her, in a sense, from whatever made her human and broken.

I learned a lot about her life and what she experienced, but that caveat influenced my overall enjoyment of the book.
George
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Her penance was amazing. I also find it interesting that she submitted herself to her parents to the point that she got married even though she was not sure that marriage was her vocation. And how marriage did not stop her from eventually living the religious life.
Holly
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
I knew the most well-known details of this saint but I know now I did not know the most significant details of her life. I often read saints lives but I have truly never read one like this. It seems some difficult suffering necessarily accompanies the life of a great saint, but this one rattled me. It has left me feeling a pilgrimage to Cascia is in order!
Jenny Dombroski
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
St. Rita's life, especially her patience, self-sacrifice, and love of God are truly inspiring. It's good to know we have friends in Heaven like her! The writing style of the author was not my favorite, as he tended towards writing in lists, but it was a short read that has left me wanting to learn more about St. Rita, Saint of the Impossible.
Sophia Nuñez
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, soul-food
The parts of St. Rita's life that were hardest to read about were her extreme obedience to her parents, her prayer that God change her sons' desires or no longer spare their lives, and the worms she called her "little angels" as they crawled around her wound. Yikes. Saints are intense.
Lisa Miller