Start by marking “Rush (The Beat and The Pulse #9)” as Want to Read:
Rush (The Beat and The Pulse #9)

Rush

(The Beat and the Pulse #9)

Walking away from the only woman he’d ever loved and clawing his way up from the bottom, he’s on the cusp of making it in the world of professional MMA. He’s spent his life being put down because of his working class roots, but now he’s made something out of himself. Something he can be proud
Published May 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rush

Real by Katy EvansFighting for Flight by J.B. SalsburyTyed by L.J. ShenBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireSeducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell
Best MMA Books
88 books — 271 voters
Real by Katy EvansTyed by L.J. ShenMine by Katy EvansFighting for Flight by J.B. SalsburyConsumed by Skyla Madi
MMA Love
83 books — 193 voters

More lists with this book...

Jan
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fighters, series
Unrequited love.

Ryan Harper used to love a girl named Jade Forsyth, until she chose someone else...

Another good read from Amity Cross .

Like all previous books in this series one of the main characters is a fighter; Ryan is eager to have a shot at his career, a named fight to get him on the ladder, he lives and breaths training and fighting.

Jade; a workaholic, has a good job, a loaded fiancé she has been with since Highschool, along with the same highschool friendships and everything she though
Rebecca
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m a huge fan of Amity Cross’ The Beat and the Pulse series. Cross’ AUFC fighters are hardworking, dedicated men who have never had anything handed to them…they work for EVERYTHING and EARN what they deserve by their constant need to be the best. And, the fact that Cross finds a way to match these heroes up with their “perfect” women is also what makes this series a must-read. Because at first glance, the central couple seems to have nothing in common and come from quite different worlds, but o ...more
Amy
Rush -- The Beat and The Pulse BOOK 9
Amity Cross

5 stars

So this is glorious book 9 in The Beat series. These can be read as standalones so no fear if you are behind. However I recommend you click them all up.

Jade Forsyth is a work a holic but today her boss has told her go home. Take a break -- have some fun. She doesn't even remember that word or how to. In fact her whole life she has been working. Working to pay for college, working to go flying up the corporate ladder. Her finance expects it.
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
RUSH is book 9 in Amity Cross’ The Beat and the Pulse series – each book featuring a different MMA fighter. And what a wonderful addition this book is.

Ryan Harper fell for Jade Forsyth many years ago, but she never saw more in him than a good friend. She chose someone else, someone more sophisticated, more loaded. Now, about a decade later, Ryan still suffers from this unrequited love. He was never able to truly let go of Jade, never been able to really love another woman than her, who always h
Jill
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for - Rush - book nine in The Beat and The Pulse series by Amity Cross. Nine books into this enigmatic series and I am still hooked - loving all the fighters that come out of the gyms not just better athletes, but better men too. Amity slowed this one down a bit and made it into a sweet tale of unrequited love that I devoured in one sitting. This book is a stand-alone and can be read completely separate from the series.
Ryan Harper fell in love with Jade Forsyth in high school but neve
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
Second chance romance, unrequited love and a girl that has to lose it all before she realises what she has always had Rush, the ninth book I'm this series is a heart warming softer read. A great addition to the series it's a story about a boy that wasn't brave enough to tell the girl that won his heart how he felt until it was too late and she became the bench mark for anyone else to be measured against. She instead grabbed into the ideal, the rich jock who seemed perfect but was actually only i ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Another fantastic book in the Beat and Pulse series!! I love this series and this author. This is Ryan's story and what a story it is. He used to be in love with Jade Foster but he walked away all those years ago as she was with someone else.
Ryan is on the verge of making it in the world of professional MMA, he is just waiting for a suitable apponant to fight! Ash (swoon) is his coach. I like to see Ash and Ren make an appearance, I do love those two, it's like one big family that even I feel a
Tonya
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series. This is the ninth book in the series. It is a stand alone, but this series is fantastic. You’ll be missing out on some great reads if you don’t read them all.

Ryan is great. He is one of my new book boyfriends. He is an amazing guy and he really shows it in this book. He is now a professional AUFC fighter. He’s just waiting for his first fight.

Jade is the girl that he’s been in love with since highschool, but walked away from. He needed to do that, for himself. She
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Well what can I say, except bloody brilliant as always.
Rush is book 9 in The Beat and Pulse Series and is Ryan's story
A second chance love story that shows maybe losing everything you thought was important in your life could be the best thing that has ever happened to you.

Ryan Harper is an up and coming MMA Fighter he's just waiting on his first big fight in his bid to becoming a champion. He first fell for Jade Forsyth whilst they were still in school he wasn't forthcoming in his feelings for
Kristen Johnson
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full Review to come soon.

I really enjoyed Ryan and Jade's story.

Rush was a wonderful addition to The Beat and The Pulse series. Ryan is one the latest fighters training with Ash, looking to be the next Fighter, just waiting on the fight to come. Ryan's looking towards the future, excited about where he's going. And then the past finds its way back, in the form of the girl, now woman, he has loved forever. The girl who never knew.

Jade thought her life was perfect, thought she had everything she
Mellena
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
What began as a slow building of their relationship quickly turned into a rush of chest tightening emotional pull. Amity Cross has written a book that focused more on her characters growth and reaching their highest potential so they can achieve the love that we know is there. And it was an amazing road to be on with Jade and even Ryan.

There are character that a reader will want to strangle with barbells and ones that will make readers wish were theirs to keep but in the end they made this stor
Anne Milne
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is slightly different to other books in the series in that it does not really revolve around the gym but it focuses more on the two main characters Ryan and Jade but it doesn't detract from the series.
Second chance love romances are a favourite of mine when that's combined with unrequited love I'm all in. Ryan loved Jade in school but he never had the courage to make a move and he lost her to someone else. When Jade's life falls apart she bumps into Ryan and for him it brings all those fee
Louise White
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
With a title like Rush, this story slows the pace and is about unrequited love. A chance meeting with a woman that he loved from a distance brings back memories and feelings within Ryan but with his career teetering on breaking through dose he have time to dredge up the past?

Jade has just had the shock of her life and realises that the people who she thought were her friends really are not. Being use to the high life she is in for a major shock and bumping into a blast from the past can either
Kari
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fighting, series
I was provided an ARC by the author for an honest review.

Book 9 in The Beat and The Pulse series, Rush, is another great read. Our h, Jade, was so hard on herself and seemed to be her own worst enemy before putting herself on the right track. She had some major blinders on and my heart just broke for her. Our H, Ryan, is a willing to work for what he wants hero, in his struggles to attain his fighting goals, and personal ones. I enjoyed this addition to the series and would recommend to any read
Amanda White
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional rollercoaster

This book made me cry real tears. I was so invested in the characters, and that to me makes this book worth more than 5 stars. Their struggle was so real, both as individuals and as a couple. The writing style was engaging, some sexy scenes, good villains and some great cameos of characters from previous books in the series. All in all this book was amazing and I read it in one day!
Melissa Davis
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
The Beat & The Pulse series is one of my favorite romances. It's so easy to get wrapped up in this world of perfectly flawed characters.

This installment is considerably less steamy than the ones before it. The romance in this one is torture. Ryan is so easy to love. Jade is probably my least favorite heroine. But, as far as grand gestures go, that was pretty risky for someone like her.
Marcie Wegner
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although this is the ninth book in the series, it can be read as a stand alone. It is a wonderfully written story, with interesting characters and a novel plot line. This is a book you will not want to put down. Pick up this book, curl up in your chair, and lose yourself in a great story.
Jardine Clark
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5* loved it

Another amazing read from the brilliant Amity Cross.
Love this series gets better with every read.
Really enjoyed reading Jade and Ryan's story.
Now looking forward to the next book.
May 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, kindle-ebooks
This book was written nothing like most of the series, I found the style of writing boring compared to how most of the series captured and held my attention. Quite disappointed but I did like Ryan.
Christine Peterson
This book was good and bad. I didn’t like many of the characters including Jade sometimes. Oh well, you win some and lose some.
Natarsha
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

Absolutely love that this is more of a slow burn story.
Mary
Nov 15, 2017
Reanna
Aug 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Amity Cross is the author of wicked stories about rock stars looking for redemption, gritty romances featuring MMA fighters and dark tales of forbidden romance. She loves to write about alpha males and the strong women who challenge them to fall in love.
Amity lives in a leafy country town near Melbourne, Australia and can be found chained to her desk, held at ransom by her characters.
Don’t send he

The Beat and the Pulse (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Beat (The Beat and the Pulse, #1)
  • Pulse (The Beat and the Pulse, #2)
  • Crash (The Beat and the Pulse, #3)
  • Spike (The Beat and the Pulse, #4)
  • Rebel (The Beat and The Pulse, #4.5)
  • Steel (The Beat and The Pulse #5 )
  • Flow (The Beat and the Pulse, #6)
  • Surge (The Beat and the Pulse, #7)
  • Quake (The Beat and The Pulse #8 )
  • Strike (The Beat and the Pulse #10)