Start by marking “Unicorn Magic (The Celtic Fey #1)” as Want to Read:
Unicorn Magic (The Celtic Fey #1)

Unicorn Magic

(The Celtic Fey #1)

In Feyland, not everything is as it seems...
Feyland: a new computer game that allows Scottish teenager Corinne MacArthur to escape the sadness haunting her everyday life after losing a loved one. It's a game where legends come to life, the lines between reality and fantasy become blurred, and the impossible becomes - probable?

Unicorn Magic is the 1st story in the Celtic Fe
Published September 27th 2016 by Eden Press

To ask other readers questions about Unicorn Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorn Magic

Start your review of Unicorn Magic (The Celtic Fey #1)
Clare O'Beara
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Corrine is a lonely teenager in Scotland, Perthshire in fact, devastated after the death of her horse. To escape she plays an online fantasy roleplaying game, but this involves a simulation café to get an immersive VR experience.
When Corrinne spots a white unicorn among the pines and birches, her two worlds begin to collide, with exciting results.

This is a short story. While it doesn't end on a cliff-hanger, there is an excerpt from the next instalment which introduces a different kind of moun
Petra
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the promiss of something good. I will definitely read Kelpie Curse.
Deborah
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This short story is a teaser for The Celtic Fey series, and I appreciate that. There’s nothing more annoying than investing time in a new series, only to find you really don’t like the writing, characters, plot etc. Unicorn Magic gives an excellent taster for the series, for only a small time investment, and left me wanting more. Job well done.
The writing is excellent, and the concept, for me, a real grabber. Scottish teen, Corrine, immerses herself in the virtual reality game ‘Feyland’, to esc
Anna Maria
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked this short book very much, I found that the video game idea was great and I read it with interest. I was really attached to the main character and I think I will read the sequel as soon as possible
Sherry Fundin
I love the cover for Unicorn Magic and this magical story that warmed my heart making me want more from Roz Marshall and the Feyland series.

See more at fundinmental
Jessthebookslover
This was so so so good. So good that I'm already planning to buy the sequels.
Corinne's story is really relatable and the idea behind this game that brings fantasy to life is brilliant, in short, I cannot wait to know what's going to happen next!
Shweta
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The 1 thing I don't like about teasers is that they're short and leave you wanting for more, even if they don't end in a cliff hanger like The Unicorn Magic but the good part is that it does save a lot of time and money investment if you don't end up liking that set of stories.

I was really intrigued by the element of how modern technology that is VR gaming was weaved into a story of myth and magic. As a teaser it definitely leaves you wanting for a lot more.

Can't wait to read the next adventure
Jane Blanchard
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unicorn Magic by Roz Marshall is Book 1 in The Celtic Fey series. As such, it is a teaser, giving the background and introducing the main characters. Corinne MacArthur starts a visual reality computer game and is given her first challenge. As she moves around “Feyland” she starts to question if she is in, a game or in an altered reality.

The story development, the characters, and the dialog as sufficiently compelling for me to purchase the second book in the series. I needed to know what was goin
OldBird
A very short story of a girl who uses the VR game Feyland to escape from IRL problems. I didn't really feel invested in the story much, as not a lot really happened. I also didn't get much of a feel for Corinne's emotional state - I guess I expected there to be more emotion in how hard she was taking real life and loss. The in-game events felt like an introduction that ended just as it was getting going.

-I received a free copy of this ebook in a giveaway. This does not affect my review-
Naoé
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I really liked this book the video game idea was really original and I loved it it's a really short book so we're in the plot right at the beginning and I won't say more because spoilers because even there isn't a lot of pages I was really attached to the main character and I will probably read the sequel as soon as possible
Barbara Senteney
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love these Fey stories. This is a small sample of a complete story. I have read Fayland so I know what's going on, it is a game of virtual reality but sometimes the magic follows the gamer out of Fey Realms and effects their real life. I would have given the story a 5 if I didn't have to read 2 or 3 more short stories to know the whole story.
Maryann Sims
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A girl grieving over the loss of her horse spend time in Feyland a virtuality game. Where she finds a very handsome bard and a very not good looking future friend. The story is short and ends on a cliffhanger, which will draw you into the next book. All in all a very good read, and can't wait to read the next one.
Pat Raab
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been enjoying a number of books about gaming and virtual reality lately. As addictive to read as to play the game, I would imagine! But when the characters follow you into the real world, things could get complicated.
Hanna-Anneli Belt
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Enchanting and engrossing short tale about a horse-loving teenaged girl being introduced to the Magical Realm of Feyland. About overcoming sorrow and stumbling into a fated path riddled with fey creatures and magic.
Skip
Jul 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Decently written story but not really my thing. The mystery of the magical online game didn't seem all that interesting, and I'm also not one for the horse-loving girl theme. Someone more interested in either would probably like it more, and maybe the rest of the series too.
Fiona Andrew
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unicorns my favourite.
A great wee story of a magic land that is entered through a game. A fabulous story for a rain filled day. Looking forward to the next book. Thank you Roz.
Jackie
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow what a super short story. All about computer games and helping a teenager work through sad times.
Meryl
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn into this book with the first sentence! The scenes are so well written that you feel you are interacting in this world as well. Downloading the next book right now!
Sherry McWilliams
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy free for an review. I am hooked on the Feyland Urban fantasy. Wow, great intro to Feyland. You want be able to put it down until you are finished.
Ann
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Delightful
Naticia
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
A very short story set in Feyland. I think. But there were horses!
Damian Southam
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Corinne MacArthur's first attempt at the magical SIM VR game Feyland appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. Whilst she's hardly an expect, or even barely a novice in this particular game, the advanced features of the first stage of her entry seem miles ahead of what else is out there. The particularly mesmerising minstrel in the centre of the clearing was surely out of sorts, as his captivating voice drew her in. The aspects of his voice were surely a thrall, especially given number ...more
Allyson G
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great start

This was a great teaser and I'm interested to see what happens next. I like the premise for the story.
Christine Meunier
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unicorn Magic is book 1 in the Celtic Fey series. It is a short story focused on Corinne MacArthur. Corinne is a Scottish teenager who is struggling to get over the loss of a loved one. To distract herself from everyday life, she gets caught up in a new computer game known as Feyland.

Read more at http://equus-blog.com/unicorn-magic-r...
Suzie
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it

Very short story that ends at 72%. I liked the concept of the story, I just wanted a little bit more.
Nancy
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Grell
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Very short novella. Interesting idea but I feel it jumps around a lot and is hard to keep one train of thought going before moving onto the next.
Karen
This was an entertaining and quick read.The idea of playing a video game that is actually set in a real world with the threat of dire consequences was interesting.The sim game characters are based on myths and legends and are imbued with a delightful sense of mystery.I really enjoyed the story so far and look forward to reading more about this world the author created.I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.
Ashley
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dealing with a heartbreaking loss, Corinne escapes into the video game world of Feyland where virtual reality and real life become blurred. Unicorn Magic was a really quick and fun read. I'm really eager to see what comes next in this intriguing series!
Pam
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Not my usual type of book but i loved this, its a delightful story that finished far to soon for me,Corinne MacArthur is playing a computer game called Feyland, but Feyland isn't all that it seems to be, I can't wait to read the next one.

• Starstruck (Starstruck, #1)
  • Night of the Hidden Fang (Lycanthrope Trilogy #1)
  • The Sphere of Infinity
  • Faster
  • The Dark Realm (Feyland, #1)
  • Blazing Blunderbuss (Wyvern Chronicles #1)
  • Tiffany Tumbles: Book One of the Interim Fates
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Ninja At First Sight (Knitting in the City, #4.75)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Iniquitous
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)
  • Faerie Swap (Feyland, #3.5)
  • Clouds of Phoenix
  • Running Wide Open (Full Throttle, #1)
  • Time Capsel: A Page-Turning Tale of Time Travel, Solitude and Hope
Roz lives in Scotland with her husband and the obligatory dog and cat. Her writing experience includes screenwriting, songwriting, web pages and even sentiments for greeting cards!

Website: www.rozmarshall.co.uk
Facebook: www.facebook.com/rozmarshallauthor

The Celtic Fey (3 books)
  • Kelpie Curse (The Celtic Fey #2)
  • Faerie Quest: A Feyland Urban Fantasy Tale (The Celtic Fey Book 3)