Start by marking “Protector (Protectors #1)” as Want to Read:
Protector (Protectors #1)

Protector

(Protectors #1)

“I never thought I’d be forced to return to my hometown.”

Celebrity designer Reed Luxe has the fashion industry on its knees. Making appearances at the hottest events with the right people around means his budding career is starting to attract attention, professional and otherwise. Reed’s been looking forward to meeting the man of his dreams, but he never counted on coming
Published September 25th 2016 by LoveLight Press

To ask other readers questions about Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protector

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
- Cheesy, overwrought dialogue

- Totally lame stalker suspense plot; Logan is the worst bodyguard ever! Could the perp have been any more obvious?

- Two grownass men acting like tweens on prom night. The drama! The tears! The running away in the wee hours of the morning!

- Only a couple steamy scenes (I did like the cherry popping, though. Logan took it up the ass like a good boy.)

- HEA (super sweet and romantic)

- Multiple typos

- Terrible cover; the dude in the blue shirt is deliberating whether
Denise H.
*** Our main concern in this wonderful story, is these two men, so different, yet so in need of each other. *** A gay fashion designer in need of a bodyguard, just terrific!
We have 27 yr. old, blonde, beautiful man, Reed Luxe,

has a stalker leaving bloody gifts and needs protection.

Tall, dark, handsome, muscled Logan, ex Navy SEAL,

runs a motorcycle repair shop and has a peaceful life. He reluctantly accepts the bodyguard job. Events escalate, which means Reed needs a safer place to be. Home to
BR11
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, cherry-popping
3 stars
What I liked:
*Logan.
*Logan's cherry getting popped.
*The core story.
*The happy ending.

What I didn't like:
*Reed.
*Reed's dramatic reactions to EVERYTHING.
*The story felt underdeveloped.
*The OTT final scene.

I felt I needed more interaction between the characters to justify their, in my opinion, too-soon declarations of eternal love. The chemistry was there, it just needed to be developed more.

Reed's dialogue with the nurse towards the end was wayyyyy OTT. It just sounded ridiculous.
This is R
Gigi
Oct 15, 2016 marked it as friends-say-no
Shelves: mm-bodyguard
Poor reviews from friends.
Amanda
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Not completely horrible. Pretty cheesy and unbelievable though. The "stalker" plot was completely obvious and how no one noticed who it was is beyond me. Logan, while sweet, was not a very good bodyguard. And his PTSD being "cured" by Reed?? Right. Reed was pretty dramatic. Threw a few fits that had me rolling my eyes. Who runs away for a "break" while someone is stalking them??

Anyways, I'll give it two stars since I finished it but I won't read it again.
Ricardo
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I definitely need to read the next instalment in this series. This book was pure comic relief. It was extremely corny and cheesy and it seemed to have every single cliché I could think of.
Jenn C
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 - storey was a bit juvenile, campy and overly dramatic. Not too hard to figure out the 'who's the stalker' and I absolutely have to agree there is no way I would want Logan being my bodyguard. Just compromised left and right. I did like Logan's character, however.

I hate to be so critical especially with a first book. I can't write a grocery list and anyone who can create something out of thin air deserves kudos for even trying. I will give this author another try.
Elizabeth
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
God this book was so cheesy and over the top annoying for me. I made it through but the dialogue was oh lawd so so unrealistic. People don't talk like that. Anyway the sexy scenes where good particularly the de-virginizing.
Candice
Logan is the worst bodyguard ever. I just had to get that out there.

I wasn't really a fan of this one.
Lioness7
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I have never read anything from this author and really decided to read it because of Reed being a fashion designer. I tend to like fashion design and the book seemed right along the lines of something I would like.

I loved Reed the most in the book. He was kind of high maintenance, but you understood his feelings and why he did things the way he did. Logan was better towards the end of the book. He was a little to quiet for my liking. He got better the f
Karen
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this author's books. This is the second book I have read by this author and it was just as great as the first one I read. It was well written with well developed characters. This book had a great storyline. I am going to be reading more by this author.
Donna Wagner
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful Story!

Avery Ford never disappoints. Our two heroes are great together. Loved the chemistry. Fun times at the parents place, as they try to ward off the stalker. It does keep the reader guessing. And the reveal was interesting. Fun read.
Kirbie
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Opposite do attracted loved!!!

Reed and Logan could not be more different and yet they are perfect for each other Reed is a great guy who found his true love and Logan not hiding his love for Reed and solving who was the stalker they make a great team
Kristin Grella
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

This was my first Avery Ford book and it definitely won't be my last. I absolutely loved Logan and Reed and I didn't want their story to end. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Brenda Sharp
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Avery Ford is an excellent writer. I loved this book. I especially loved that the two main characters were complete opposites. A fashion designer with an ex-Seal turn motorcycle mechanic. That is so very different. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this is the author's debut book. It's amazing. Perfect blend of romance, drama, sexiness, and fun. I can't wait for more. I hope we get Kellen's story
T.L. Travis
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes

The protector, needs to feel protected too. Good story of two lost souls coming together when they needed each other most.
Colleen M
A somewhat high strung fashion designer falls for his straight bodyguard while the two are hiding out from a stalker. Sweet, cute and fluffy, a good distraction romance with little drama.

Title: Protector
Author: Avery Ford
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance

Plot Summary:

Reed Luxe is at a critical point in his career - he is a well known fashion designer and with that fame seems to have come a stalker. Threatening letters and gifts have hit a high point and it’s time to call in reinforcements.

Log
Kendra T
I'm voluntarily reviewing a free advance reader copy I received from the author.

Reed is a famous designer who started receiving weird stalkerish threats. Logan, who is out of the military and dealing with some PTSD, is hired as his bodyguard. They have a connection between them, but Logan tries to keep his distance to remain professional. The stalker was a bit obvious after a bit, and was a little weird (view spoiler)
Carolyn's
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Interesting and sexy!

This story had such an interesting plot that I was captivated the entire time. Reed Luxe is a fashion designer gaining not only tons of attention by the fashion world but through a crazed stalker. What Reed thought first to be harmless escalates to scary and his best friend convinces him he needs security. Enter the "protector" Logan Price, a guy that was sexy, sweet, quiet and broody- typical swoon worthy bad ass. Logan is an ex SEAL who has some demons in his past which h
Crazychriss889
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting one.

3.5 stars?

I enjoyed reading it but wasn't blown out of my mind. No, didn't mean that like that... Well, you know.

Okay, so the characters?
I liked them. Sure, Reed seemed like a superficial designer who is high and mighty but when we get to know him better, that changes.
Our lovely bodyguard isn't really a good bodyguard - and that ruined the whole plot a bit because it took out all the suspense. I just don't get why Reed would just put his life on hold because of a stalker. Plus, j
Lisa1269
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Opposites attract...
I was totally absorbed by this quick paced book, only looking up long enough to acknowledge that the ice in my drink had melted. When fashion designer, Reed, receives ominous threats from an obsessed admirer, he’s brought into close quarters with bodyguard Logan, and it doesn’t take long before the tension between them outweighs the stress of the dangerous situation. As the threat escalates, so does the chemistry between them, and I found myself coaching Reed to just hang in
Eva
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is a HEA sweet romance. But it has so many flaws it is hard to enjoy. Logan had a bad childhood and struggles with PTSD but it all seems a bit forced and then just magically goes away because... love? Also he is the worst body guard ever despite apparently being a navy seal, so you know a super well trained special forces.

Then Reese suffers from a case of too stupid to live which is super annoying. He also keeps getting described as down to earth but then acts like a flaky 13 year old
Cadiva
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is okay but would have benefited from a bit more character development

I skim read this book. While it had lots of promise, the characters were one dimensional, the plot was fairly obvious, there was no building up to Logan suddenly finding he fancied Reed.

Reed was a one note, irritating at times and, again, him falling for Logan wasn't given any development time.

However, the sex scenes themselves weren't badly done and, even though they dispensed with condoms as seems to be a trend atm, Log
Sharon Hatt
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Up and coming fashion designer Reed has attracted a stalker who just escalated with a death threat. Worried four his best friend Kellen hires an ex-navy seal as a bodyguard (Logan). Neither Reed nor Logan is thrilled with the situation, especially when a break in forces Reed home to the town he hates. On Reed's parents ranch Logan and Reed find they have more in common than expected and as they open up to each other they start to fall. A real opposites attract first time story with a little myst ...more
Francis J Mallalieu
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Danger and safety can be close at hand.

Reed Luxe is a celebrity, a fashion designer and someone wants him dead! Logan Price is a retired SEAL and trying hard to start up a custom Harley bike shop in rural California. He's having a hard time making the bills at the end of the month because the town is too small to support the shop. While he doesn't want to take a bodyguard job the deal is too good to turn down.
What follows is a touching love story that makes you want to rush to the end to see if
Donna Scarselli
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another Winner from AF

I loved this book. I chose this book because I have read several books by AF and I have enjoyed them all. Some of the books I reread when I don't find anything else. The story was romantic, sweet, intimate, and special. The MC's needed each other for different reasons to start off and then they realize how much they help each other with their own personal demons. The chemistry from their first meeting is obvious and it goes from there. Great read. Hot, sexy, great chemistry
Nic
Nov 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
I liked the idea of the plot, but the execution needed some work. First, everything needed to be developed more: plot, characters, and the denouement. For a body guard, Logan sure spends a lot of time away from his client. Reed was immature and annoying. I thought hiding away at his parents' ranch was ridiculous. Drawing out the stalker (whose identity was easily guessed a third of the way through the book) would have made more sense. And Logan's PTSD being cured after one night with Reed? Um, d ...more
Daniele
Oct 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Not Good

I hesitate to write negative reviews, because I know authors put a lot of heart and hard work into their writing. This is one piece, however, that shouldn't have been published. The characters are one-dimensional, the story flimsy, and pacing abysmal. Essentially, it's a bad paperback romance from the dollar store. The author doesn't understand "show, don't tell", and that kills the story. There's just nothing of value here.
Kasey
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was ok

• The Bigger They Come (Herc's Mercs #1)
  • Guarding My Heart
  • Ace in the Hole (Wild Cards, #1)
  • The Superstar (Marine Bodyguards, #1)
  • Be Mine (At Last, The Beloved Series, #2)
  • Bodyguard To A Sex God (Bodyguards Inc. #1)
  • Trapped
  • Aftermath (After, #3)
  • Husband To Make A Family
  • One Good Man (The Taylor Clan, #1)
  • Salvaging Toby's Heart
  • Protecting His Asset (Shifter Protection Specialists Inc. #2)
  • Why I Love Bodyguards (Why I Love...#3)
  • Cowboy Trouble (Bear County #10)
  • A Chance for Moore (Moore Romance, #1)
  • Gray For You (8 Million Hearts #2)
  • Real World (Love is Blind #2)
  • Tasting Notes

Protectors (3 books)
  • Gingerbread (Protectors #2)
  • A Marriage Resolution (Protectors #3)