Start by marking “First We Were IV” as Want to Read:

First We Were IV

It started for pranks, fun, and forever memories.
A secret society – for the four of us.
The rules: Never lie. Never tell. Love each other.
We made the pledge and danced under the blood moon on the meteorite in the orchard. In the spot we found the dead girl five years earlier. And discovered the ancient drawings way before that.
Nothing could break the four of us apart – I
Expected publication: July 25th 2017 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jul 25, 2017
    A group of friends start a secret society in this out-of-control thriller from the author of The Creeping that examines the all-consuming love of life ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 1103 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Apr 26 - Jul 25, 2017

Countries available: US

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about First We Were IV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First We Were IV

Lala BooksandLala
    definitely my favourite book from this author.
    Carrie
    Jul 17, 2017 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    Izzie and her three best friends, Vivian, Harry, and Graham, would do anything for one another and have always been on the outside of the social order but have had each other. When they were twelve Izzie, Viv and Graham had found the body of a young girl that had been murdered which drew Harry into the group when he came to investigate what the police and first responders were doing.

Now five years later the memory of that day and the girl Izzie had nicknamed Goldilocks still haunts the friends.
    Mandy
    9/30/16:
    I'm already obsessed with that title - even though it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure it out.

5/18/17:

*I was sent a physical ARC by the publisher Simon & Schuster and Sirowy's publicist for an honest review - thank you so much for sending me over a copy since you were my first and I might have cried a bit XD*

4.5 crowns

The moment that I saw that book was coming out - I knew I had to have it. Um, the title was amazing. The description was amazing. When the cover came out,
    YA and Wine
    Mar 29, 2017 YA and Wine rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: march-2017
    This is the first book of Sirowy's that I've read, and it will definitely not be the last! This book starts with a hint of a mystery, and then leads straight into another mystery. Watching Sirowy weave the two together into one seamless plot-line was fascinating. There's also some elements of horror sprinkled throughout the story that just gave me the chills in the best way.

AND there's a secret society in this book, a secret society run by teenagers that effectively calls out the adult citizens
    Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
    For some reason, I am getting How to Get Away with Murder vibes and that has me excited.
    Kylie
    Jul 18, 2017 Kylie rated it it was amazing
    This book literally broke my heart. From the very first sentence, you know one of the four will die and just getting to know them all so well makes it so hard to say goodbye to one of them. I loved the friendship, I loved the four individually, I love how one thing led to another. But I hated knowing that at the end there would be 3. There were times I would read something and think I may know who didn't make it, but there was never one moment that I knew for sure.
    There were so many mysteries an
    Jessica Taylor
    Feb 24, 2017 Jessica Taylor rated it it was amazing
    Fast-paced, thrilling, and darkly entertaining. Come for the plot twists but revel in the delicious, gorgeous writing. This is my absolute favorite of Alexandra Sirowy’s novels!
    Melissa Robles
    Jul 19, 2017 Melissa Robles rated it really liked it
    *This review can also be found on The Reader and the Chef & YA Books Central. Huge thanks to Brittany's Book Tours for the review copy in exchange of my honest opinion.*

Remind me again to never read YA Thrillers at night. First We Were IV is a book that has haunted me for the last few days but I do not regret it AT ALL because it's so GOOD. The mystery, the suspense, the secrets, the ending... GAH! You should definitely read it.

What I Liked:

First of all, I loved how this book captivated me.
    Lindsay
    Jun 03, 2017 Lindsay rated it liked it
    Shelves: arcs, dissapointed
    Izzie would do anything for her best friends Vivian, Harry, and Graham. They are the social pariahs at their high school, targeted by the popular crowd, and one night they decide to do something epic in their town. Years earlier, they stumbled upon a dead girl that haunted them for years, especially since the case was ignored by police. They vow to get revenge for the lack of inspection by the police and mayor who warned the kids to keep their lips sealed about the discovery. They create the Ord ...more
    Niki
    Jul 04, 2017 Niki rated it liked it
    I went on such an emotional rollercoaster with this one. Sometimes I really liked it and was flying through it, other times I would just glare at it across the room because I couldn't decide whether to DNF or not.

This book felt like two different books at the same time-
    One side of this book was a dark and twisty story about teens trying to solve a girl's brutal murder from when they were children. This side would have easily gotten a 4-star review, maybe even 5.

The other side was a stereotypic
    Krystianna
    Jul 11, 2017 Krystianna rated it really liked it
    **Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

what i liked
    There were a shit ton of twists and turns in this book, and I honestly didn't see any of them coming. A lot of times, I end up hating a book because I see the plot twists coming, but this book was different.
    The premise was extremely intriguing. It's not often that a premise is as awesome as this one.
    The entire band of characters was great. Sometimes, books with a lot of characters can g
    HNGC Library
    Jun 16, 2017 HNGC Library rated it liked it
    Izzie and her three best friends have always been on the outside of the high school social scene. Sometimes they have been bullied, other times they have been ignored. Usually they rise above the name-calling but with college looming they decide they need to make their peers (and town) wake up and take notice. So the four form a secret society intent on wrecking havoc. At first the goal is to make those in authority and have covered up crimes pay for their transgressions. But then the thirst for ...more
    M
    Jul 07, 2017 M rated it it was amazing
    This book is a MUST read for YA mystery & thriller fans! It has it all; tantalizing mystery, betrayal, love, off the charts creepy, and too realistic to sleep soundly afterwards. An excellent choice where readership is wild about realistic fiction w/ a HUGE helping of thrills; this book could snag even the most reluctant of readers!

I received this digital ARC from NetGalley, all opinions are my own!
    Lauren
    Jul 19, 2017 Lauren rated it liked it
    I HATE YA thrillers with these kind of storylines. Like, these 4 teens think they are so different from their peers so they decide to mess with them in horrible ways no children should even think of doing. How does this make you any better than bullies, sexists, and others? News flash: IT DOESN'T. So they honestly deserve what they get.
    Hikari Loftus
    Jul 13, 2017 Hikari Loftus rated it really liked it
    3.5 stars from me.
    Jul 01, 2017 Jennifer marked it as to-read
    Sounds a bit like We Were Liars
    Shauna Yusko
    Felt a little long, but still one of those books that you can't put down. Because you know something is going to happen but you don't know exactly what. A little like How to Get Away with Murder.
    Sophie
    Jul 10, 2017 Sophie rated it really liked it
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Make sure to check back in for a full review and a giveaway of the book!!
    Jessica (a GREAT read)
    I received this ARC from the publisher, via Netgalley, in exchange for a voluntary and honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

I remember being intrigued with Alexandra Sirowy's debut The Creeping! I still need to read release from last year, but when I saw First We Were IV up on Netgalley I decided to throw my name in for a review copy! It was definitely an interesting kind of read and had me intrigued for a time, but I also couldn't help but feel like it started to move at a
    Xandra (Literary Legionnaire)
    Apr 16, 2017 Xandra (Literary Legionnaire) rated it really liked it
    Review to come.
    Middlethought
    Middlethought rated it it was amazing
    Jun 23, 2017
    ella
    ella rated it really liked it
    Jul 06, 2017
    Andrea Abbott
    Andrea Abbott rated it liked it
    Jul 13, 2017
    Emily
    Jul 12, 2017 Emily rated it really liked it
    Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

I'm the worst kind of mystery reader. Generally about halfway through with the story, I get bored and decide to flip to the end to find out who the killer is. I don't know why but i'm usually not capable of reading an entire thriller without KNOWING what is going on. It's always a little disappointing but I can't help myself. I always peek.

Until now!

This book kept my attention until the very end. I never thought to look ahead because I was too involved with wh
    Caroline Watson
    Caroline Watson rated it it was amazing
    Sep 29, 2016
    Danielle Ranger
    Danielle Ranger rated it it was ok
    Jun 15, 2017
    viktoria
    viktoria rated it really liked it
    Mar 14, 2017
    Isabelle Amacker
    Isabelle Amacker rated it really liked it
    Jul 13, 2017
    Christy
    Christy rated it really liked it
    Jul 07, 2017
    Lori (Pure Imagination)
    Lori (Pure Imagination) rated it really liked it
    May 25, 2017
    Alexandra Sirowy was born in Northern California and grew up in Providence, Rhode Island and the San Francisco Bay Area. She attended a women's college as an undergraduate and has a graduate degree in International Studies. She lives in Northern California with her husband. Visit her at alexandrasirowy.com.
    More about Alexandra Sirowy...